[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

merging of paid servers

Comments

  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Posts: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020

    You do realize that this game is a massively multiplayer online game, what does it mean? let me explain it to you, it means that we must have as many people as possible, in other words, merge all paid servers.

    Key note; as possible.
    Bera already broke its designated maximum capacity with the previous transfer. If you recall, there came a point where people were unable to transfer more characters into Bera and Nexon had to manually move the remainder of those player's characters.
    In any MMO there are set capacities to servers to assure that they don't become overpopulated to the point of instability, much like Bera was. That's how you end up with login-queues like in WoW and FFXIV for example, even though those have several separate servers as well.

    If you're willing to sacrifice QoL just to have everyone in one server because that's how you personally define MMOs, then your outlook is incredibly flawed and short-sighted.
    AaronHusky
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,865
    Posts: 6,272
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Wikipedia wrote:
    A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG, or more commonly, MMO) is an online game with large numbers of players, typically from hundreds to thousands, on the same server.[1][failed verification] MMOs usually feature a huge, persistent open world, although some games differ. These games can be found for most network-capable platforms, including the personal computer, video game console, or smartphones and other mobile devices.

    MMOs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.

    Nowhere in the definition does it say that an MMO must crowd as many players as possible into as little game-space as possible.
    Or that for a player to be allowed to play an MMO, they must yearn to be surrounded by others at every turn.
    Even our smallest worlds have "from hundreds to thousands" of players.
    So let's drop this "by MMO definition we must merge" line. It is wrong.

    The people who chose to stay in their worlds during the World Leap event, are mostly those who prefer a more sparsely populated game environment.
    The ones clamoring for a global merge are primarily those who missed that event, and came back to a world emptier than they'd like. I understand their plight, but making everyone else in their world miserable, is not the solution.
    AaronHuskyAggraphineMageOfBattlesKuronekonovaKradian_SouthJettLuvsU
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,170
    Posts: 503
    Member
    edited April 2020
    AKradian wrote: »
    Wikipedia wrote:
    A massively multiplayer online game (MMOG, or more commonly, MMO) is an online game with large numbers of players, typically from hundreds to thousands, on the same server.[1][failed verification] MMOs usually feature a huge, persistent open world, although some games differ. These games can be found for most network-capable platforms, including the personal computer, video game console, or smartphones and other mobile devices.

    MMOs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world. They include a variety of gameplay types, representing many video game genres.

    Nowhere in the definition does it say that an MMO must crowd as many players as possible into as little game-space as possible.
    Or that for a player to be allowed to play an MMO, they must yearn to be surrounded by others at every turn.
    Even our smallest worlds have "from hundreds to thousands" of players.
    So let's drop this "by MMO definition we must merge" line. It is wrong.

    The people who chose to stay in their worlds during the World Leap event, are mostly those who prefer a more sparsely populated game environment.
    The ones clamoring for a global merge are primarily those who missed that event, and came back to a world emptier than they'd like. I understand their plight, but making everyone else in their world miserable, is not the solution.

    and how that MMO definition helps 3 of 4 "paid"worlds being "dead" and not be able to do things with other ?
    also how those lag more then active one ?
    what about line that says:
    MMOs can enable players to cooperate and compete with each other on a large scale, and sometimes to interact meaningfully with people around the world

    for sure nexon can run 1 big world with 40chs or something then 1 active and 3 "dead"or on edge to be dead
    there cant be crowding in MMO lol GMS only struggles with poor servers and management
    The ones clamoring for a global merge are primarily those who missed that event, and came back to a world emptier than they'd like. I understand their plight, but making everyone else in their world miserable, is not the solution.
    you dont understand its not unfortunate situation and giveup let them quit or giveup on acc and start fresh grind on active world

    again new players wont make char/acc in dead world and the one that got stuck cant move their progress out of dead world
    so whats the point run those worlds? when all move/start in most active world?

    but:
    wHaT AbOuT PlAyErS ThAt wAnT To bE AlOnE In mMo ?
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Haha, that's so true! how come there are some (very few people) out there who wants to be alone in a dead world even though it's MMORPG?
    That doesn't make any sense! but what's even more crazier is that this minority trying to force the majority NOT to merge all the paid servers.

    Nexon please merge all paid servers!

    You do realize that this game is a massively multiplayer online game, what does it mean? let me explain it to you, it means that we must have as many people as possible, in other words, merge all paid servers.

    Listen, it's not a bad thing to want the populations to be higher/be in a server that has a higher population. What is a bad thing is forcing everyone into an overfilled laggy server as an obtuse way to get into Bera and calling anyone that disagrees with you a "minority".

    Merging every reg server into one is going too far in the other direction in the population spectrum, it'd be unhealthy in a different way. It's ridiculous to assume that no problems would arise from such an action, and that every problem would be magically solved. The sheer amount of bots that would amass in one singular server would be immense, that reason alone should be enough of a deterrent for combining every server.

    Personally I agree with how careful Nexon's been with merges. After the debacle that was the Bera bandwagon, it's clear they don't trust players to make smart decisions in this area. After looking through this thread, and others like it, I don't blame them.
    AaronHuskyJettLuvsU
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 795
    Posts: 22
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Why are you calling regular servers paid servers? Lol
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Omg yes! merge all paid servers please! =]
    Merge all worlds into Bera!

    I'm tired being alone T.T
    WONDERGUY
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    BBQTime wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I like how we're all ignoring the only real point of importance made in this thread:
    AKradian wrote: »
    Optimize player experience by making everyone suffer lag, crowding, ks'ing, and spam together?
    No, thank you.

    Hey, I've read your posts before and for some reason which I know and won't mention, you're always, but always against good things and ideas for the maple players like me...

    Also I believe a few people has already answered AKradian.... so please if you disagree, you don't really have to bother people and spam, we understand that you're against this amazing idea.

    The amount of upsides that can come up along once all paid servers are merged... I'll finally be able to find some active friends instead of AFK friends who never talks...
    and I'll finally be able to buy some decent amount of maple points for a fair price instead of paying 100mil mesos for 200 maple points...

    I say merge all paid servers as soon as possible, so we can make all of us (90% of us for sure) happy again...

    So you want to force everyone to deal with bera's bot problem? And the lag during 1.5x/2x event periods? You want everyone stuffed into 20 channels? 30? 40? It won't be enough. Merging everything into a single server doesn't account for seasonal influxes of players. A single server would be nigh unplayable during the summer and winter updates.

    But none of this matters to you, because you don't think of anything but "I wish I didn't miss my chance to move to bera too" or "I wish elysium/aurora wasn't so dead".

    I don't think you underst
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    But none of this matters to you, because you don't think of anything but "I wish I didn't miss my chance to move to bera too" or "I wish elysium/aurora wasn't so dead".

    I seem to have been right. Guess I'll take my leave of this thread then and let it ultimately sink down into the depths where every single "merge everything into one server" suggestion has gone.

    Of course you're leaving, because deep down you know you're wrong, and yet, all of us in here are right.

    A lot of people from Elysium are saying they have lag issues and some cann't even log into their server, I've been in Elysium before, it's a ghost town, so how come it's laggy?

    Conclusion: we do not lag because of overpopulation but because the servers are just not that good, to say the least...

    10 years ago Bera had much more people than it has now, right? didn't we have ksers back then too? yes we did, do we have ksers now too? yes.

    What I'm trying to say is, don't look at it as numbers but as percents... say we have 5% ksers in Bera right now, and 10k players (just for example)
    Now say we merge all paid servers and Bera will have 20k players, in that case we'll have more 5% ksers, so 10% in total but population would be 20k players so basically you won't really feel any change because, yes, we'll have a bit more ksers and such but population itself is growing too so you won't feel it at all,also the economy will be growing as well... so many amazing things will happen, every single player who understand this simple math will be very happy about it, also people that don't have a lot of mesos can finally buy equips and such because prices should drop, there are just way too many upsides when you merge all paid servers... I think it's really sad there are actually few people out there that just don't understand this.
    Lol.
    The basis of your position is incorrect, cause MapleStory is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, to be frank that already end this discussion, lol.
    Therefore our best option is to merge all paid servers, hopefully nexon will do it this summer.

    "The basis of your position is incorrect, cause x game is an fps shooter, therefore our best option is for everyone to wear hats made of cheese."

    Both of these arguments have the same weight, and make about as much sense, too.

    Merging all paid servers will be the best solution ever for every single player.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    I have no real stake in this thread other than my posts related to a completely different subject and my first post trying to disprove lower numbers.
    But I think the whole back and forth just shows that this isn't a "Best solution ever" and proves that Nexon needs to seriously think before they do any kind of merges or transfers.
    There are people on both sides of the argument. You should be trying to prove why you're idea is better, not belittle the other argument.
    Both sides are valid. Stop trying to claim that any one side has the "best solution".
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I have no real stake in this thread other than my posts related to a completely different subject and my first post trying to disprove lower numbers.
    But I think the whole back and forth just shows that this isn't a "Best solution ever" and proves that Nexon needs to seriously think before they do any kind of merges or transfers.
    There are people on both sides of the argument. You should be trying to prove why you're idea is better, not belittle the other argument.
    Both sides are valid. Stop trying to claim that any one side has the "best solution".

    Indeed, there is no best solution. I'm sure there are plenty of Bera players annoyed that their world got filled to the brim, just as there are Elysium players who like their loneliness. I do agree that Elysium and Aurora are a bit too empty, and having them merge wouldn't be so bad, but I wouldn't want a Bera out of each server.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Posts: 174
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    The problem is the people clamoring for a merge are the vocal minority. They act like they speak for the majority despite most people outside the forums not wanting a merge, and when presented with legitimate concerns about a server merge, blow them off because "it's a massively multiplayer online role playing game" or because elysium lags too despite being the smallest server (do people seriously think this refutes the concern about lag in a mega server?).

    If a merge of a smaller scale like Elysium and Aurora was proposed, that'd be fine. But when a merge of half the GMS population is proposed, there's much more to consider than "merge the servers because i'm lonely".
    HHG1
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited April 2020
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    The problem is the people clamoring for a merge are the vocal minority. They act like they speak for the majority despite most people outside the forums not wanting a merge, and when presented with legitimate concerns about a server merge, blow them off because "it's a massively multiplayer online role playing game" or because elysium lags too despite being the smallest server (do people seriously think this refutes the concern about lag in a mega server?).

    If a merge of a smaller scale like Elysium and Aurora was proposed, that'd be fine. But when a merge of half the GMS population is proposed, there's much more to consider than "merge the servers because i'm lonely".

    let nexon make a poll then :) see for yourself that the majority actually interested in merging servers.
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I have no real stake in this thread other than my posts related to a completely different subject and my first post trying to disprove lower numbers.
    But I think the whole back and forth just shows that this isn't a "Best solution ever" and proves that Nexon needs to seriously think before they do any kind of merges or transfers.
    There are people on both sides of the argument. You should be trying to prove why you're idea is better, not belittle the other argument.
    Both sides are valid. Stop trying to claim that any one side has the "best solution".

    Indeed, there is no best solution. I'm sure there are plenty of Bera players annoyed that their world got filled to the brim, just as there are Elysium players who like their loneliness. I do agree that Elysium and Aurora are a bit too empty, and having them merge wouldn't be so bad, but I wouldn't want a Bera out of each server.

    let nexon make a poll then :) see for yourself that the majority actually interested in merging servers.
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I have no real stake in this thread other than my posts related to a completely different subject and my first post trying to disprove lower numbers.
    But I think the whole back and forth just shows that this isn't a "Best solution ever" and proves that Nexon needs to seriously think before they do any kind of merges or transfers.
    There are people on both sides of the argument. You should be trying to prove why you're idea is better, not belittle the other argument.
    Both sides are valid. Stop trying to claim that any one side has the "best solution".

    let nexon make a poll then :) see for yourself that the majority actually interested in merging servers.
    WONDERGUYFootball5anubis42
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited April 2020
    let nexon make a poll then :) see for yourself that the majority actually interested in merging servers.

    Why don't you make it though?
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited April 2020
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    let nexon make a poll then :) see for yourself that the majority actually interested in merging servers.

    Why don't you make it though?

    gotta agree with cheez, nexon will not make a poll because they know everyone will choose merging all paid servers and nexon don't like this idea for some very very strange reason in any case i also want all servers to be merged we will have much more people to talk with and make friends with
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    Posts: 195
    Member
    edited April 2020
    I bluntly read through the majority of this thread, but I can only agree on 1 idea.

    For the actual pay 2 win players who's damages is already insane over 10 or higher mill Nexon could force moved them into a new server. With this idea the legit player pay 2 win will have to give up mule accounts and finally grown up and become social a lot more instead of cc plz. This would actually screw the hacker/botters up pretty badly since they rely on mule accounts which they would have to work extra hard just to abuse the the server.

    So yes their would be an increase in /botters/hackers in the paid server, which equals Nexon making more $$$ and banning more hackers which they are already stupid enough to keep making accounts. An increase in the Blacklist in this server to 1000 would be best..

    This could potential find out what legit player are the hackers that's why the Gollux revamped is insanely harder to see who's legit. Only hackers accounts with insane dps would have no trouble in beating this gollux revamped, but it's a legit trap for them.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    Only hackers accounts with insane dps would have no trouble in beating this gollux revamped, but it's a legit trap for them.
    Please try a bit harder when coming up with insane ideas.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    Posts: 342
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    I bluntly read through the majority of this thread, but I can only agree on 1 idea.

    For the actual pay 2 win players who's damages is already insane over 10 or higher mill Nexon could force moved them into a new server. With this idea the legit player pay 2 win will have to give up mule accounts and finally grown up and become social a lot more instead of cc plz. This would actually screw the hacker/botters up pretty badly since they rely on mule accounts which they would have to work extra hard just to abuse the the server.

    What kind of cocaine driven rant r u on about? What would merging server do anything to people's mule account? Cc plz is telling people not to ks their maps. I'm guessing u r the kind of tool who just says nah and ks people's map then lol. I don't know what kind of fantasy world u live in but merging server wouldn't do anything to hurt botters.
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    So yes their would be an increase in /botters/hackers in the paid server, which equals Nexon making more $$$ and banning more hackers which they are already stupid enough to keep making accounts. An increase in the Blacklist in this server to 1000 would be best..

    U even fkin say it urself that this will increase botters and hackers u lunatic. And how the fk is having more bots and hackers, who get money from the players and cut into nexon's revenue, equal to nexon making money? What the actual fk r u talking about? Blacklisting doesn't do anything other than blocking people u YOU dont like. It's not going to make botters go away.
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    This could potential find out what legit player are the hackers that's why the Gollux revamped is insanely harder to see who's legit. Only hackers accounts with insane dps would have no trouble in beating this gollux revamped, but it's a legit trap for them.

    Lol get over yourself. I can confidently say u r at the bottom 0.1% of the game skill base. Believe it or not, there are people who are better at this game than u r. You're not the standard model of normal player. You're the standard model of player with 2 fingers and a half a brain. U literally b1tched and moaned about crimson queen's most easily dodgeable firebreath pattern. As hard as gollux has become, he's still absolutely nothing compared to lomien, lucid, Will and V Hilla. Saying people who can beat current gollux are hackers is like saying people who kill u in fps are all hackers. No, they're not hackers. You just suck at the game.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    Posts: 588
    Member
    edited April 2020
    The real problem is if they merge all pay2win servers they will not have better servers to randle all people in one server, they will continue to use the one that holded maybe half of the population of pay2win servers, that way everyone will lag more, it might work well for Korea to have a lot of people since they will pay to have a more stable game considering it' the main server of MapleStory.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,170
    Posts: 503
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Ivangold wrote: »
    The real problem is if they merge all pay2win servers they will not have better servers to randle all people in one server, they will continue to use the one that holded maybe half of the population of pay2win servers, that way everyone will lag more, it might work well for Korea to have a lot of people since they will pay to have a more stable game considering it' the main server of MapleStory.

    the thing is with or without merge players move to one thats most active to enjoy with other
    same with all new players they ask reboot or what world its most active to start
    lag part its other issue ( low population servers allready lag more then the most active one and player base its far lower then the time we had milions of players )

    maybe nexon for those few that dont want merge-transfer in to one big world for all
    can take them out of active world and move them to each of the dead worlds and those stuck in to dead world will be in active one without need of merge
    so they can be alone and avoid crowding etc etc



    anyway nexon allready got so many issue they made themself to fix...
    worlds will get "fixed" by itself with time anyway
    all are going to be in one world and other worlds just more and more dead
  • anubis42anubis42
    Reactions: 945
    Posts: 37
    Member
    edited April 2020
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    Ivangold wrote: »
    The real problem is if they merge all pay2win servers they will not have better servers to randle all people in one server, they will continue to use the one that holded maybe half of the population of pay2win servers, that way everyone will lag more, it might work well for Korea to have a lot of people since they will pay to have a more stable game considering it' the main server of MapleStory.

    the thing is with or without merge players move to one thats most active to enjoy with other
    same with all new players they ask reboot or what world its most active to start
    lag part its other issue ( low population servers allready lag more then the most active one and player base its far lower then the time we had milions of players )

    maybe nexon for those few that dont want merge-transfer in to one big world for all
    can take them out of active world and move them to each of the dead worlds and those stuck in to dead world will be in active one without need of merge
    so they can be alone and avoid crowding etc etc



    anyway nexon allready got so many issue they made themself to fix...
    worlds will get "fixed" by itself with time anyway
    all are going to be in one world and other worlds just more and more dead

    the other guy is right why doesn't nexon want to make a poll and ask their own players who actually play and spend their own money on this game?
    WONDERGUY
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    Posts: 60
    Member
    edited April 2020
    Food wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Optimize player experience by making everyone suffer lag, crowding, ks'ing, and spam together?
    No, thank you.

    This. Says. All.
    Tbh, I would rather have another World Leap event than a big server merge.

    results will be the same as merging all of paid servers, if world leap event happens, my friends, guild and alliance (over 400+ ppl) will move to bera.
    AaronHusky wrote: »
    The problem is the people clamoring for a merge are the vocal minority. They act like they speak for the majority despite most people outside the forums not wanting a merge, and when presented with legitimate concerns about a server merge, blow them off because "it's a massively multiplayer online role playing game" or because elysium lags too despite being the smallest server (do people seriously think this refutes the concern about lag in a mega server?).

    If a merge of a smaller scale like Elysium and Aurora was proposed, that'd be fine. But when a merge of half the GMS population is proposed, there's much more to consider than "merge the servers because i'm lonely".

    really what you just said right now, realty is the total opposite, all of my friend, guild and alliance (easily 400+ ppl) wants merging all paid servers, the problem is the people clamoring against this idea, against a merge are the vocal minority
    WONDERGUY