[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Familiar System Revamp 2020 Questions

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2020
    Lucsean99 wrote: »
    I've been nagging Nexon for years with fixing this Monster book Codex, so is Monster collection being revamped, because half of those mobs never appear as bigger mobs.

Basically monster collection no longer has the info for LV, HP, and drop table, and is now 100% a familiar collection but you cannot see what you don't have.
    To unlock badge (set effect), you need to collect the familiars instead.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/57190/update-apr-17-familiar-revamp-details
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2020
    Will cosmetic effect from familiars still exist?
    (shadow, crimson shadow, black silhouette)
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    Rexaar wrote: »
    I've been nagging Nexon for years with fixing this Monster book Codex, so is Monster collection being revamped, because half of those mobs never appear as bigger mobs.

Basically monster collection no longer has the info for LV, HP, and drop table, and is now 100% a familiar collection but you cannot see what you don't have.
    To unlock badge (set effect), you need to collect the familiars instead.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/57190/update-apr-17-familiar-revamp-details

I might have to elaborate more!

Ever since Monster Collection came into play you keep destroying mobs until you earn the card into collection just to open up these "treasures". Some mobs are name Beefy or Magic reflective mobs, but I can farm for them for ages and different ones will be summon. So is all that being rework or removed?
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Is refreshing familiars health thing is no longer going to be a thing??

I worry about training my mages because of this new change to the familiar system.

I worry if with this system, the MP and HP regen familiars have will be changed as well.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited April 2020

I might have to elaborate more!

Ever since Monster Collection came into play you keep destroying mobs until you earn the card into collection just to open up these "treasures". Some mobs are name Beefy or Magic reflective mobs, but I can farm for them for ages and different ones will be summon. So is all that being rework or removed?

That specific monster collection and it mechanic is unchanged. This patch does nothing to it.
  • MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2020
    Nexon doesn't know how to manage their content because they don't understand their own game. It really shows.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    It's a bit late and I'm sorry if this has been asked but I see that the red familiar potential resets are not available in the CS currently.

I have purchased 3 of the 6 pack via maple points and the familiar that I used them on got rolled back. Is this something that the Nexon team is looking to refund? Thanks.
  • OrionTempestOrionTempest
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Pre-patch, I had roughly 450 unique familiars registered; which became around 950 cards in my collection post-patch.

What would be better to do with the multiples of the low rank, crappy ones; fuse or extract?
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited April 2020
    To let you all know the Familiars are disable and right now all of your inventory could be frozen if you pick any card/try to add it etc (It's different for everyone ). So your hp/mp pots won't work and will likely die in higher lv content trying to farm them.
    AlexKarev
  • CifulandCifuland
    Reactions: 410
    edited May 2020
    So no info about when the familiars will be fixed and be working again?
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited May 2020
    based on the maple memo the familar drop rate will not be increased. id like to ask which (!@^$%# ( cus i can't swear) thought this drop ratewas logical on a system that will require farming HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of familiar cards i believe for the purpose of ranking up or whatever didn't get much time to check it out.

Some familiars that are so rare drop wise that i honestly believe they are not in the drop table (years playing and there is hundreds of monsters i have never seen a familiar card drop from despite the (now non existent) codex showing that they have one in their drop table. - which was questionable at best. which likely is also going to be part of sets. or locked into boosters ( you have lots of cards to choose from for those boosters don't you *cringe* )

As quickly as i came back to the game for the event (this coin cap style is annoying to say the least..) i have decided to completly ignore the familiar revamp as in my head i have already surmised that any "updates" will just be "based on our search we have decided to leave the drop rate at its current state for the sake of.. " I had to get some mouthwash to clean that garbage out..

now that you need sets to get stats from the familar system monsters that previously seemingly did not even have a familar exist may be needed for a set.
    and i am like 105% sure there is going to be a set that requires boosters which is OK long as its not the ONLY good set for a particular class or job.
    and its more of an optional set for the min maxers.

don't even get me started on gollux.
    i may be able to kill gollux still but i just do not want to

to sum it up into a non toxic version so mods don't bust power nut trying to ostracize me

Question 1. Can We See A Drop Table For Familiars? because I would honestly like to see a list of ALL current available monsters that will STAY in the game that (ALSO) are able to drop familiar cards and what their drop % is. this will also let players know just how hard/easy they have to farm to get their sets and how to make a plan for farming.

cus whats worse then a low drop rate on a familiar. Farming a monster that WONT EVEN DROP ONE.

Question 2. There is familiars that i have never seen drop a card for years. the memo essentially claims that drop rates will not change. so how will i get a familiar for this monster if it is even not available in a booster? i honestly wish i could list them all but i dont think anyone wants to see how long that list is
    spoiler; its probably well over 300 i guess that means the booster pack will have lots of targets?

Question 3. Will Booster Packs Be Available in the Familar Shop or Reward Points Shop? because F2p players should have SOME.

Question 4. Gm's Back in Game When?
  • ProphetieProphetie
    Reactions: 915
    edited May 2020
    we found that the number of Familiar cards being dropped was higher than what we had estimated when we worked on the balance for the overall Familiar system

Does that mean the Familiar shop was designed knowing it could take months of daily play to purchase an item?

I was hoping the memo would adress the many concerns of Reboot players and familiar badges including monsters that are not in the game
    Are those being reviewed?
  • gilaigilai
    Reactions: 400
    edited May 2020
    when the familiar system will be back again to the game?
  • RunicRunic
    Reactions: 550
    edited May 2020
    Why did you need to remove the codex card system in order to implement the new familiar system? And why is it that all the time and effort spent collecting those cards is wasted entirely (well over 400), compared to the few familiars I collected (32, since most didn't have any appeal to me) which is all I get to "keep" in this case? Why not let everyone keep a copy of their collected card as a familiar instead of deleting the entirety of their progress there and undoing countless hours spent collecting?

Also, why is there no way to see monster data like level, hp, and most importantly drops anymore? I loved having that ability in-game, and now it too is gone. Would be very easy to add that to either the familiar system or the monster collection one.

ProphetieSh0wPhantom
  • ShadowRikuShadowRiku
    Reactions: 900
    edited May 2020
    Why are there familiars that are part of badges we need to unlock a third slot that aren't even in the game anymore?

I hope we eventually get familiars back without a rollback...
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited May 2020
    So uh... any ETA on the Familiar system getting rolled out again?
  • VisualK31VisualK31
    Reactions: 235
    Familiar drops are starting to really crowd up my inventory space; any updates on the new familiar system?
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited June 2020
    When will this be turned back on :( miss having spider familiar for drop rates
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited July 2020
    Status update plz!
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2020
    Pre-patch, I had roughly 450 unique familiars registered; which became around 950 cards in my collection post-patch.

What would be better to do with the multiples of the low rank, crappy ones; fuse or extract?

i would actually not do anything with familiars right now..
    also since you have so many it means you have more potential stat options.

if the drop rate stays the same then yea you may be tempted to extract them but i think its better to keep uniques. they are way too rare as of now.

we also do not know the rates boosters will be shelling out epic+ familiars yet - reg servers -

so all in all i think the only thing we should do with teh revamp is collect badges and leave everything else for like a good month until things start to settle.