[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.241 Maple Momentree Patch Notes here!
I have been playing MapleStory since 2006 but sadly I got banned in 2017 in time of everybody was switching to Bera server.
in previous days, I returned to MS as a new account because my account is still banned. when I cruised around Henesys it was super dead. like literally only 20 people in Henesys ch1. I have asked my friend who's active how many guilds are actually active in Scania, he told me it might be around 8-10 which is a low number compared to Scania which was the highest popular server.
So, why do we merge all the servers together and make 1 server with 60 channels?. I am working to get my character back at the moment but Bera is the hype currently and Scania is super dead since it's my server;c
the benefit of merging server;
the people who quit because of dead server might return due to this merge.
active server means a healthy community.
Monitoring 2 servers are way easier and better than 5 servers.
- Should we merge Scania, Bera, Aurara, and Elysium together?31 votes
Yes, we should merge. 55% (17 votes)
No, we shouldn't merge. 35% (11 votes)
I don't care. 10% (3 votes)
Seriously, even aurora and elysium have been lagging lately, and those are the smaller worlds. Anyone who thinks cramming everyone together on a single server will solve every problem is delusional.
personally I have more than 10 characters who has 150+ Lvl and I am lazy to do it all over again. also, the population of Scania doesn't give me interest anymore. it feels more like offline game.
if my suggestion isn't a solution then the player in the dead server will keep dying unless there's solution you can suggest?
nexon ameirca its not capable to do anything at this moment
they allready have hard time maintain the worlds/server as they are , let alone the issue that we just got and the one that are on hold for a while
also communcation nexon -> players -> nexon still poor ( might even say not existent ) we still dont know why they reverted the extra 10ch and so many other things
That was just a temporary fix for when the servers were completely screwed. Judging by how they've been running the game, I don't believe Nexon has enough money to improve the servers for GMS simply because not enough people play it. Once the afk events are over, the summer influx of players is over, and COVID-19 lockdowns are over, then we will return to our normal dead maplestory. I believe Nexon knows this is just how the game goes now so they're milking everyone until they eventually just dip out while also not putting in more resources. Might be a conspiracy theory, but I'd accept being wrong if they told me.
1. the botters would go crazy
2. mesos/nx ratio would get higher
3. hackers benefit more than us
4. lag would be hectic
I'd be down to support transfers, but not merges.
That's a hard solution to implement. How do you incentivize people to willing put aside all of the progress that they've put into the world, and start over? Nexon has multiple mechanics in place that encourage people to play within a single world, the biggest one in mind being legion. Even doing something like offering players $100 in maple points to play on certain servers wouldn't work long term, and would be 100% abused somehow, which would result in restrictions being implemented. The only thing that comes to my mind is a world transfer event, but even that comes with it's own set of issues, as seen with the commonly mentioned Bera disaster.
I'm not an IT expert or anything, but I imagine that a server merge isn't that easy to implement either. If they just go ahead and do it right away because a lot of people would like a server merge ASAP, they may have to contend with serious issues such as missing characters. Then the Nexon GMS team gets a mouthful from the community saying that they're incompetent and can't do their job, like how it is right now. Maybe not from you, but many members of the Maplestory community seem to believe that Nexon GMS sits around doing nothing.
If Nexon GMS does have a server merge in the works, you should expect to wait several months or a year before it's done, and they wouldn't publicly announce it until probably a month before the server merge as well. Honestly, IMO Nexon GMS's best plan of action to avoid getting anymore backlash from the community is to simply do nothing, for now.
Don't even bother to discuss with some people in here, cause some of them are actually nexon's employees,
(mainly it's the ones that are STRONGLY against merging worlds + responding to every single post/thread in no time 24/7)
hopefully I won't get banned now.
Literally everyone that has responded "no" to merging servers doesn't work for Nexon. Even if Nexon employees did respond, I'm sure they know better than the people who haven't played Maplestory in a prolonged period of time or will leave again a month after returning, and know to focus on more than just population.
Or the people that think "Maplestory is an Massively Multiplayer Online Game" is legitimate reasoning to merge all the non-reboot servers.
Nice work, Scooby.
dont let players move their progress out of the dead worlds
let them be stuck with those that want to be alone and afk 24/7 and do nothing but maple socials oppose-argue and flamebait
what you and other talk about lol its this only excuses not to merge?
1.have you seen what happends when random elite comes ? how many kanna and kaiser like l2kkw22bk6fs2ui2iu2i are runing like crazy? and thats not all.... this has nothing to do with merge/transfer
2meso/nx rate its allready high and gets higher each time new p2w and masive bot wave comes this has nothing to do with merge/transfer
3. they do no not benefit from us (unless you buy meso/gear from them then yes they do) this has nothing to do with merge/transfer
4.lag its is there players amount its not the main reason for lag (this game use to be run by milion players back in the days just fine) this has nothing to do with merge/transfer
the merge its for players that want to be in one world ( they can allready be but they cant move their years worth of progress with them this is why its asked for merge/transfer/move you name it and few of you make big deal of it )
dont know why this "drama" ,flame baiting and insults on eachother its going on
if someone wants to be alone let it be move to dead world all those that say no to merge and want be alone and its all fine
Ok let's run down this idiocracy
1. The botters would go crazy because they are only dedicated to one server. Take a bunch of botters from 4 servers and put them into one, *you get 4 times the botters in a single server*. Yes, bots are bad now. But this doesnt mean it cant get worse. Your arguement that "hurdee durdee it's happening now" means jack ****. Bad can always become worse.
2. Economics 101: more players (esspecially p2w and whales), less meso. Higher demand for meso, means the meso rates sky rocket. Again, it's bad now but it will only get worse.
3. I'm wagering over half, and this is being generous, of the mesos in the economy in every server are from botters alone. Now imagine if botters only had to bot in a single server and dedicate all their resources to that server, what a deal!. And plus the guranteed high meso prices, they're gonna get a bang got their buck alright.
4. The game back then is now the game now. And if you think player count doesnt contribute to lag you should try playing in reboot during 2x, because that obviously has nothing to do with the overload of player. More players is more instances of the game on the server side is more processes the server has to go through is more lag
5. This is the biggest point of all, listen close: not everybody wants to **** play on a populated server Have you talked to anyone outside your revolutionary circlejerk? Because plenty of people in aurora and elysium like the small population and the small town vibes. Assuming that every single player just wants to play a batshit crazy overpopulated server just shows how self centered you are.
6. They missed their chance too move? Sucks to suck. But the potential consequences far outweigh the benefits. A merge just because some people cant find friends isnt enough to justify lag and endless suffering
tbh i don't think there'd be any way to please the people who want a server merge at this point. If a world transfer event does happen, Bera is definitely not going to be open. And these people would bellyache about not being able to go to the server that people already consider overcrowded.
And Tropism's points do have to with a world merge/transfer.
1 - If you merge all the servers into one, you'll concentrate the kanna bots into a single server. That definitely would worse on a single server than having them spread out on smaller servers.
2 - High Meso/MP rate is actually a good thing for F2Ps. But if you bring all the bots together they'd definitely crash.
3 - A hacker has more potential victims in a larger server. Plus more potential to bog down the game for everyone else.
4 - Honestly nobody knows what causes lag in this game tbh. But why would it not be a concern if the "dead" servers already lag too?
If the merge is for people that want one big populated world, why does everyone else that wants to stay in their current world have to come along with them? There's nothing stopping them from moving to the larger worlds unless they're super invested into their current world.
And for the record, the person in this thread had their previous account banned for cheating, the person in the last thread caused multiple guilds to collapse in their world, and so far every one who opposes the a merge of half the game population (which is a big **** deal if you can't tell) is either "selfish" or a "nexon employee"
Also if all of you want to be in a giant server so badly, go to Reboot. Enjoy your lag and overcrowding there and stop involving every other server in the mess you want to create.