[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Memo: Global Migration Update

Comments

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Yonax
    Yonax said:

Thank you for the answers so far, but I still have a couple questions left which are important for the EMS community.

2x events in EMS always have been between 16.00-20.00 CET which is when most European players are online. With eventually Double Miracle Time from 20.00-21.00. Also we had spell fever times from 14.00-16.00 and 20.00-22.00. The time of 16.00 is 8am PST (winter time) and 7 am PST in (summer time), Spell fever time will therefore even be at 5am PST.

During these busy times and especially at events It's good decision to have GM's available online. To be able to help out players who need helps or when there is a problem with an event not working correctly to immediately notify the right persons to fix it as soon as possible. Also patches and maintenances usually are wednesday early in the morning CET (night time PST), will these times stay the same (so we don't lose out on a whole day of playing a week) and will there be support available when something goes wrong with a maintenance or patch?

So will Luna and in future an European based Reboot have their own GM's (preferrable European based) or will they be covered by the current GM's of GMS which already have a very hard time maintaining the current GMS servers.

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

I repeat. schedule of events for the people of Europe?
    If we put the events at 10 pm we can not do it, we go to bed.
    NexonNA patches when people in the continental US are in school/work unless its an emergency. I'm horrible with time zones, but work backwards from 8=9AM PST to wherever you live to determine when the patches will most likely continue to occur.

As for events, NexonNA hosts GMS, which is available to people all over the world. Therefore, most events that are timegated to only certain hours a day are hosted twice. Once in the afternoon PST, and once around midnight PST so that players in Australia can enjoy the event. Again, work backwards from there to figure out what time it would be where you live, because I honestly don't know. Yes, it does unfairly benefit people living on the west coast of the continental US since they can always make use of both time slots for these events without much hassle, but its something we have to live with
    Lilyflower
  • JetwinJetwin
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Yonax
    Yonax said:

Thank you for the answers so far, but I still have a couple questions left which are important for the EMS community.

2x events in EMS always have been between 16.00-20.00 CET which is when most European players are online. With eventually Double Miracle Time from 20.00-21.00. Also we had spell fever times from 14.00-16.00 and 20.00-22.00. The time of 16.00 is 8am PST (winter time) and 7 am PST in (summer time), Spell fever time will therefore even be at 5am PST.

During these busy times and especially at events It's good decision to have GM's available online. To be able to help out players who need helps or when there is a problem with an event not working correctly to immediately notify the right persons to fix it as soon as possible. Also patches and maintenances usually are wednesday early in the morning CET (night time PST), will these times stay the same (so we don't lose out on a whole day of playing a week) and will there be support available when something goes wrong with a maintenance or patch?

So will Luna and in future an European based Reboot have their own GM's (preferrable European based) or will they be covered by the current GM's of GMS which already have a very hard time maintaining the current GMS servers.

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

NexonNA patches when people in the continental US are in school/work unless its an emergency. I'm horrible with time zones, but work backwards from 8=9AM PST to wherever you live to determine when the patches will most likely continue to occur.

As for events, NexonNA hosts GMS, which is available to people all over the world. Therefore, most events that are timegated to only certain hours a day are hosted twice. Once in the afternoon PST, and once around midnight PST so that players in Australia can enjoy the event. Again, work backwards from there to figure out what time it would be where you live, because I honestly don't know. Yes, it does unfairly benefit people living on the west coast of the continental US since they can always make use of both time slots for these events without much hassle, but its something we have to live with
    Local time 23:15 my country. In America there is a difference of 7 or 8 very considerable hours.

• DenvisDenvis
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Thats good news! I guess we get to keep supreme medals aswell right?
  • LandénLandén
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

gamechanger

Yonax
    Yonax said:

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Local time 23:15 my country. In America there is a difference of 7 or 8 very considerable hours.

As I've understand it, EMS will still count as its own game, maintained by NexonNA. The only change to the game should be that we get the same content as GMS at the same time as they do. Therefore I don't see the point of not keeping our old EMS times as putting events at inconvenient hours for Europeans would make Nexon lose profit for people that can't participate in them. Nexon is a company after all, and I'm pretty sure that DMT and exp events are one of their biggest income.
    I'm also very sure that NexonNA could even now have different times on the events for every single world in GMS, but since the worlds are not time zone based, it makes no sense to do so.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    Landén
    Landén said:

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

gamechanger

Yonax
    Yonax said:

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

As I've understand it, EMS will still count as its own game, maintained by NexonNA. The only change to the game should be that we get the same content as GMS at the same time as they do. Therefore I don't see the point of not keeping our old EMS times as putting events at inconvenient hours for Europeans would make Nexon lose profit for people that can't participate in them. Nexon is a company after all, and I'm pretty sure that DMT and exp events are one of their biggest income.
    I'm also very sure that NexonNA could even now have different times on the events for every single world in GMS, but since the worlds are not time zone based, it makes no sense to do so.
    No, the systems are being merged. you will be playing GMS, but your server will remain in Europe and will have the same system time. and as I have said before, I am sure there will be events done in your time zone, there are already two, one for the US and one for Australia so adding a third time would be that unlikely.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Landén
    Landén said:

EMS is getting dissolved into GMS and EMS will be no more after this merge.
    all EMS players that opted in for migration will be GMS players.

just like what happened for Maple SEA or CMS when they had mergers, there will just be a regional gateway to connect to servers closer to you to have reduced ping.

but I'm curious to see if Indonesian IPs will be unblocked due to the 1 year failure of IMS along with the Vietnamese IP's
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Denvis
    Denvis said:

Don't rub it in :( I'm still sore that we never got supreme world
    LilyflowerCatooolooobumbertyr
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Will Luna have PDT/PST or CET/CEST as timezone?

And a EU reboot sounds nice. By the merge some servers will remain open so maybe...
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited November 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

And a EU reboot sounds nice. By the merge some servers will remain open so maybe...
    i play global for more than 11 years idk maybe 13 not sure but pretty much since it came out.
    when nexon america says in the near future this could mean anything ^^ :D
    so abit too early to be happy . it will take more than a year.
    as for my self i live in EU and play global , but i do wish they will let me transfer to Luna.
    so finalyl i would have decent pings in global.
    but what they said. "we will do world transfer in the near future :) .
    edited November 2016
    Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

RikNL
    RikNL said:

i play global for more than 11 years idk maybe 13 not sure but pretty much since it came out.
    as for my self i live in EU and play global , but i do wish they will let me transfer to Luna.
    you are right about Nexon's sense of time, so do we blame Rhinne or Alpha and Beta?
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

Kuroll
    Kuroll said:

RikNL
    RikNL said:

you are right about Nexon's sense of time, so do we blame Rhinne or Alpha and Beta?
    idk who do we blame i dont want to have to blame anyone.. but i do want to have a chance to play maplestory with normal pings some time before im a grandfather.
    or before i lose my light in eyes ;)
    i know nexon are taking time but some stuff need close look without wasting time.. if already into moving.. why not celebrate this big merge with a world transfer event? for anyone to chose his world. that is closest to his lucation. a cash shop transfer could be nice aswell..
    why not really consider rushing the EU reboot,
    i dont want to play reboot but i can see many does.
    ofc nexon have many plans but so little of these plans really happens.
    or they happens after people already quit. look at maplestory now and look how it was few years ago. now all words are empty CH there are maybe 6 rooms that are full. while years ago you couldnt even train without sharing map with 7 people.. and if you were lucky you would've found a place for shop at CH 2 or 3 . .maybe ch 1 room 22 if you camne quickly after server check.
    its only because nexon ignore what players need they quit. the game is just to fall in love with ..
    cutest game that was ever made. happy costumer spend money and let down costumer look to sell his stuff.
    its sad to see that all servers are empty no one play.. and if you write nexon a ticket they just tell you we can not help you.
    only the players knows whats good for the game. i want to play i really do.. but i cant continue playing with 350 pings a game that is falling.
    while i can find other games that the company care.. maplestory is a good game. nexon just need to start listening to what players wants and need
    and make it happen while they still play and not let them get upset untill the quit. and then make it.
    if nexon wont make EU reboot they are likely to lose many EU players.
    if they wont make server transfer or help eu players from global to transfer to Luna they will lose many players.
    if nexon wont help me tranfer much as i love this game im not going to continue playing .. i will quit untill world transfer is possible to Luna.
    if they wont merge worlds many of the empty worlds players will quit. and they will lose players.
    if they wont provide ways to make progress and improve items and make mesos as free to play they will keep losing players.
    its oeky to pay for pets and good looking stuff . but it should be able for everyone to improve. or do bosses or sell items.
    but when even selling items cost real money its a problem. and theres no longer need for party in this game..
    where is LHC where we needed a whole party to train that was fun.
    now the game is more of a solo play with high pings..
    anyhows i still find things to do in this game , but i want to do it with normal pings .. so nexon need to allow us a transfer to Luna .
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Denvis
    Denvis said:

agreed i want supreme...
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

As promised, here are some answers for all of you based on your questions. Most of these questions I've copy/pasted from your original posts in this thread, just for easy readability.

Q: How would EMS's Rebirth Flames and Additional Options be affected by the Migration?
    A: Rebirth Flames were removed. Additional Options will be kept on items that already have it. However the Additional Options system will not be implemented in GMS.

Q: Will the EMS staff be working for GMS now or will they be put on other projects?
    A: The EMS staff will not be working on GMS.

Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.

Q: Are any of the merged GMS servers located in the EU? Are there plans for this?
    A: Currently, there are no GMS servers located in the EU, which is why we notified all EMS players regarding joining the world closest to your current region. We are not completely ruling out the possibility of servers being in the EU in the future.

Q: Will EMS old event items return, such as Dutch Kingsday or Piazza di Spagna, German beerfest ?
    A: There are no plans right now to bring them back. However, in our future content and event planning, we will look into these EMS specific events to see which ones we can bring back. In short, it’s not out of the question and we want to include more global/international events as part of our event planning.

Q: Will there be a Reboot server in EU?
    A: There will not be an EU Reboot server on Day 1 after the migration, but we are planning to add an EU Reboot server in the near future. We do not have a specific date at this time, and will provide everyone an update once this date is known.

Q: What happens to the rankings?
    A: Any In-game rankings will reset. We’re planning to display website rankings on the Global MapleStory website. Rankings may change from what they were previously since only migrated users will be on the rankings.

Q: Adjustments to the language filter?
    A: We made adjustments to the language filter during GMS v177 update to be less restrictive during normal chatting. We plan to make more adjustments during the next game update.

Q: Will we be adding other language sections to the forums?
    A: Potentially, based on population needs. We have non-English language sections on some of our other titles as well that have localized versions of their game.
    definitely consider the beerfest event, gotta have dat oktoberfest :D
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

gamechanger

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Denvis
    Denvis said:

agreed i want supreme...
    I as an EMS player say one thing. Supreme was damn hard. one channel 20 in the same map and all dying. The Medals are very nice and big.
    And when you go to Supreme for the first time you are in Kradia playing just normal and do the quest and the game logs automatically out and you see the character screen than you go to Supreme and you are logged in without PIC. That was so awesome to see.
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

As promised, here are some answers for all of you based on your questions. Most of these questions I've copy/pasted from your original posts in this thread, just for easy readability.

Q: How would EMS's Rebirth Flames and Additional Options be affected by the Migration?
    A: Rebirth Flames were removed. Additional Options will be kept on items that already have it. However the Additional Options system will not be implemented in GMS.

Q: Will the EMS staff be working for GMS now or will they be put on other projects?
    A: The EMS staff will not be working on GMS.

Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.

Q: Are any of the merged GMS servers located in the EU? Are there plans for this?
    A: Currently, there are no GMS servers located in the EU, which is why we notified all EMS players regarding joining the world closest to your current region. We are not completely ruling out the possibility of servers being in the EU in the future.

Q: Will EMS old event items return, such as Dutch Kingsday or Piazza di Spagna, German beerfest ?
    A: There are no plans right now to bring them back. However, in our future content and event planning, we will look into these EMS specific events to see which ones we can bring back. In short, it’s not out of the question and we want to include more global/international events as part of our event planning.

Q: Will there be a Reboot server in EU?
    A: There will not be an EU Reboot server on Day 1 after the migration, but we are planning to add an EU Reboot server in the near future. We do not have a specific date at this time, and will provide everyone an update once this date is known.

Q: What happens to the rankings?
    A: Any In-game rankings will reset. We’re planning to display website rankings on the Global MapleStory website. Rankings may change from what they were previously since only migrated users will be on the rankings.

Q: Adjustments to the language filter?
    A: We made adjustments to the language filter during GMS v177 update to be less restrictive during normal chatting. We plan to make more adjustments during the next game update.

Q: Will we be adding other language sections to the forums?
    A: Potentially, based on population needs. We have non-English language sections on some of our other titles as well that have localized versions of their game.
    definitely consider the beerfest event, gotta have dat oktoberfest :D
    Those events look nice but need some revamps the Dutch Kingsday was revamped in 2014 and its nice (revamped because the Netherlands got the king then instead of the former Queen.)

The login screen Sorry I wasn't able to find a better one yet.
  • JetwinJetwin
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

gamechanger

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Denvis
    Denvis said:

agreed i want supreme...
    We lose the medal supreme.
    They take veracent.
    We reset the farm and much more.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    edited November 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

gamechanger

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Denvis
    Denvis said:

agreed i want supreme...
    I as an EMS player say one thing. Supreme was damn hard. one channel 20 in the same map and all dying. The Medals are very nice and big.
    And when you go to Supreme for the first time you are in Kradia playing just normal and do the quest and the game logs automatically out and you see the character screen than you go to Supreme and you are logged in without PIC. That was so awesome to see.
    That's kind of the point. Some of us want a version of maplestory that has challenging mechanics instead of just massive meatshields for bosses. The new bosses are a step in the right direction, but due to the absurdly high health of them and their absurdly low time limits it doesn't matter because they require such a high range. Supreme world looked fun. It looked challenging in a good way
    Lilyflower
  • RikNLRikNL
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

RikNL
    RikNL said:

bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

gamechanger

Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

Denvis
    Denvis said:

agreed i want supreme...
    That's kind of the point. Some of us want a version of maplestory that has challenging mechanics instead of just massive meatshields for bosses. The new bosses are a step in the right direction, but due to the absurdly high health of them and their absurdly low time limits it doesn't matter because they require such a high range. Supreme world looked fun. It looked challenging in a good way
    Try and make a petition then if every one wants it? Or doesn't work NexonNA like that. NexonEU did sometimes like the "Sinterklaas en Zwarte Piet Event" (Sint-Nicolaas and Piet. Dutch Tradition) And implemented it in game.
    edited November 2016
    There are two problems with that. No, I don't think Nexon works like that. Also, the community is to divided for the game most people.
  • KurollKuroll
    edited November 2016
    i honestly try to accept the game as it is. my self i dont like the 1KO bosses, maytbe because i live in eu and play global so i have
    high ping and always die. but i think when the monster hit high damage and you cant avoid might make people to actually care about defensive abilities and
    life .. and wont go pure damage . and you might need party buffs.. again..
    but as i said i try accept their changes.. i dont care about anything i will find how to enjoy the game.. but what i do care right now
    is to be able to transfer to Luna so i could get decent pings . the only thing that ruins the fun for me right now is the high pings and lags.
    im sure all EU players of global will enjoy the game 10 times more if they are allowed to transfer to Luna.
    edited November 2016
    that and bosses that actually need a good amount of people to beat them.