[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DMT Issues 7/18

GhibleeGhiblee
Reactions: 3,795
edited July 2020 in Announcements
Hi everyone,

We would first like to apologize for this severe lag issue during the DMT event again.
We notified the team of the issue and we are currently in the process of investigation. We'll discuss our next steps and update as soon as we can.
iLikeRichClo

Comments

• Wesleyx3Wesleyx3
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited July 2020
    At this point, because of cubes disappearing, we should be compensated with not only a 24 hour DMT but also FREE cubes. The disappearing cubes is honestly really bad, we work hard for these cubes and we prepare for these events and memes aside, it is really saddening and disappointing when we depend upon you and you disappoint us again and again. If Nexon has any heart at all, it will make this right.
    Axtoxmapler7KrownopTurtlesRockNotByakuyaiLikeRichCloTheObservantpat159
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited July 2020
    And while you're at it heres a tip

T U R N

O F F

T H E

ME S S A G E

S P A M

This is literally S O O O O O O O O ridiculous. Who gives a rats arse that other people are getting the bonus. It just creates unneeded lag and nonsense.
    Wesleyx3AdelelianWONDERGUYthekenturahGAMBlTKrownopTurtlesRockTheObservantpat159Dnaman101
  • AdelelianAdelelian
    Reactions: 370
    edited July 2020
    Anna must be happy at this moment
    Andromedymapler7KrownopTurtlesRockNotByakuyapat159Dnaman101
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2020
    Andromedy wrote: »
    And while you're at it heres a tip

T U R N

O F F

T H E

ME S S A G E

S P A M

This is literally S O O O O O O O O ridiculous. Who gives a rats arse that other people are getting the bonus. It just creates unneeded lag and nonsense.

imagine if this was the cause of the lag and all they had to do was disable it
    AndromedyWONDERGUYthekenturahTurtlesRockNotByakuyapat159Dnaman101
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited July 2020
    It's become blatantly clear over the Years, Nexon America and GMS specifically, Can't handle stuff like this, idk why but they can't despite it being 2020 and 99% of games don't have these issues from MMOs in the early 2000s. I feel like Nexon should have come up with an alternative at this point, The fact that they haven't is kinda absurd. Legit you can give us Potions that "DON'T EXPIRE", Allowing us to use them whenever we want, Even in like 2 years if we wanted. Then make it so Cubes used during the effect of the potion have increase chances.

No requirement for some massive "timed" event, No Chat spamming of John Doe and his 50 brothers and Sister tiering up their Meso/Drop Rings. Legit just a normal potion and for the love of all things holy, DON'T MAKE THE POTION EXPIRE WHEN LOGGING. That just makes the Potion no different than lagging out during ACTUAL DMTs. Add a timer to it, a Timer that only ticks down when physically logged onto your Character itself and not on the World Select Screen.
    AndromedyWONDERGUYZerosBlackKrownopTurtlesRockNotByakuyaTheObservant
  • RainbowYiffRainbowYiff
    Reactions: 985
    edited July 2020
    Severely disappointing.

All I want is a DMT that works

AndromedyWONDERGUYZerosBlackTurtlesRockNotByakuyaiLikeRichClopat159
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    I'd say it's absurd that everything is going exactly the same as the first DMT, but I think most of us can safely say it was expected. I really love this game, and so do a ton of other players. Maplestory has one of the most passionate communities I've seen in a game, but time and time again y'all give us the least amount of care possible. It's honestly sad.
    Wesleyx3WONDERGUYTurtlesRockNotByakuya
  • AxtoxAxtox
    Reactions: 260
    edited July 2020
    Double miracle failure tbh.. I spent, like a lot of my fellow maplers, billions on these 2 events. You can keep your dmts because we know now it will be more of the same in the future... You will never listen to your players on what would be best for events like these. I just want my mesos back.
    TurtlesRockNotByakuya
  • BoostedOneBoostedOne
    Reactions: 235
    edited July 2020
    No more compensation events please, we're done with these so called "fixes" that promise something you cannot even guarantee. Give us ten 100% legendary potential scrolls. Anything less is an insult to the player base who you supposedly care for.
    TurtlesRockNotByakuyapat159maintence
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited July 2020
    I think the most surprising thing is that for the first 4 years of Reboot, there were only problems with purchasing the cubes and the "one more time" function for cubing. There were no problems with using multiple cubes in past events (only problems with purchasing them), you just had to manually cube one by one.

And now flash forward to 2020 and we can't purchase cubes during the event nor can we use the cubes we pre-purchased. It kind of begs the question on what's changed since then. But whatever the reason may be, I'm sure turning off the blue messages or allowing all-day DMT in Reboot server would alleviate the issue.

A lot of players have been cc'ing or relogging to use a single cube. You are not able to cube again until your cube counter goes down and until the server processes the next cube.

I'm no expert or even an amateur at coding, but it begs the premise that the issue is tied with the cash shop server in some way, like perhaps the server has to verify the cube on each instance. Instead of working on code optimizations on whatever was done, perhaps resolving the issue is as simple as selling red and black cubes in NPC shops just as master craftsman cubes are sold. Instead of coding fixes for existing systems that are clearly failing, I feel like that method should be much easier to account for.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but I can't help but believe any future "optimizations" are going to go nowhere.
    RyannCeeTurtlesRockNotByakuyaiLikeRichClo
  • JeepJitJeepJit
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2020
    NX just don know what compensation means. Do you guys know you have a global server, lots of people are staying up late for DMT and get disappointed again???
    TurtlesRockNotByakuya
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited July 2020
    Let's ask a real question now. Are any of you CM's, admins, mods, anyone really, going to actually reply to your customers? Or are you just going to keep posting these vague useless posts about how you're "Sorry" for the lag and how your #OptimizedCode did frick all. Pissing off half your player base isn't really a good thing lol.

This is the only MMO I have played that CONSISTENTLY fails, be it maintenance's, events, launches. Somethings gotta give here.
    Wesleyx3ZerosBlackTurtlesRock
  • FitnessDorFitnessDor
    Reactions: 110
    Damn,you guys so fail i swear
    even this dmt you cannot make it success,seriously?
    You guys fail AF! Time to quit maple. thanks for that.
    Everyone who success to play this game
    TurtlesRock
  • JoloSagginsJoloSaggins
    Reactions: 230
    Legendary pot scrolls and red cube sale? 50% off cubes? Consumable DMT buff? 24HR DMT? So many solutions could be made.
    TurtlesRockNotByakuyapat159
  • FlaufFlauf
    Reactions: 120
    So disappointing and frustrating again...
    TurtlesRockpat159
  • DreadsterDreadster
    Reactions: 120
    Guys, just make dmt half day or a day long. The solution is NOT that hard
    TurtlesRockpat159
  • tCScoretCScore
    Reactions: 320
    always so laggy, why don't you guys laugh more of us.. just make the DMT 24 hours with no message spam of people getting legendary... worked so hard for the first DMT 2 weeks ago and even more for this one because there was no cube sale for this one..hopefully you guys are going to lose a lot of players just like i will
    TurtlesRockpat159
  • BerrtttBerrttt
    For the second time double miracle time has failed. It’s my fault I should have known something was up, but I bought cubes during DMT. So now I can’t even get into my cash shop inventory. The one time I got in EVERYTHING got wiped. My inventory, nx, reward points, and maple points. NEXON, this is really unacceptable cmon. I CANT CUBE DURING DMT INTENDED FOR CUBING. My inventory gets wiped. This BETTER be a bug wow.

I agree with Ludus22. We should be compensated with free cubes or mesos or something because this is ABSOLUTELY ridiculous.
    TurtlesRock
  • shinsushinsu
    I'm not even surprised LOL
    TurtlesRock
  • SephieSephie
    Reactions: 265
    Extremely disappointing. I want to highlight the problems in the last 2 weeks::

1. Limited cube sale in Reboot, despite cubes costing meso and in a server where people preplan for this months in advance.
    2. First DMT disaster and the poor response. Ran the cube sale 30 minutes before the 1st DMT hour so no one could buy cubes or even enter the cash shop. During the actual DMT no one could cube.
    3. No meaningful communication until the memo out of nowhere. No "please hold your cubes as we discuss this issue". Takes a full week to hear anything that's not just stalling.
    4. No actual compensation, no acknowledgement that people make plans around this specific day and wake up at 1AM-4AM for a 1 hour window only to get nothing. Rerunning the event again that we were supposed to get but didn't is not "compensation", and it took a week to communicate this?
    5. Second DMT disaster with no real change from last week.

There's no indication that Nexon cares at all about Reboot. I would say the memo talking about Burning World for non-Reboot is a bit tone deaf in a memo titled "Maple Memo: July Double Miracle Time – July 10" that was meant to address Reboot. The lack of actual meaningful compensation for people's time annoys me the most, and the "compensation" we ended up getting fell flat on its face. So not only is the 1st event not compensated for but now we need a compensation for the 2nd event?

How did a good will event for the community do the complete opposite and cause everyone to become angry and frustrated towards you?
    TotiGamingAcctCScoreTurtlesRockNotByakuyaiLikeRichCloAKPolaB3arpat159