[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Remove the Sol Erda Cap

Comments

• Known2ownKnown2own
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2023
    So unfortunate how nexon is literally trading actual game enjoyment and REAL engagement for fake stats and numbers that won't result in long term player retainment. Please nexon, you're taking the game in the wrong direction.
  • ReLanaReLana
    Reactions: 430
    edited November 2023
    This change is hurting the playerbase in one of it's core aspects, the grind. If you go through with this, you will lose a large chunk of the dedicated playerbase.
    Don't do it!
    YHBKsmashton
  • AKisAKis
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited November 2023
    Also think the cap is unnecessary. Being limited in this way ruins my excitement for 6th job. I don't like time gates to begin with so another will only make it worse.
  • nviusnvius
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2023
    The current cap on sol erda is highly impractical, significantly impeding our progression in the game for an already time consuming system for no logical reason. Interestingly, the Korean version does not impose any cap whatsoever so why are we? Just unlocking the mastery core requires a lot of time, regardless of the effort invested due to this cap. Urgent action is needed to eliminate this restriction promptly.
  • BatsBats
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2023
    Everyone was hyped for this patch and now all that hype is gone, what a joke.
  • PillowCaseyPillowCasey
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2023
    This can't make it to live. As others have said, I don't enjoy subscribing to doomposting, but this will kill every bit of motivation I have had to hardcore play the game and I have many peers that feel similarly. Under this system there would be genuinely no reason to play more than a tiny bit each day on your main unless you want your account's progression to go wider via leveling mules... which a large amount of players either have no need or desire.

This change will make all the most dedicated players log in for an hour and log out.
    ItalianShadsmashton
  • SnickySnicky
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited November 2023
    Well Done Mr Wonki !! You screwing us non KMS players ones again ?? What you up too make the players quit massive or what so All none KMS will be shut down in future ??
    You take the money people spend in the game . But give no **** back for it ???
    Some difference with KMS oke but this plan is just ridicilious !!!
    Making an event for 6th star make us think it will be fun but what is the point to make us work for 2 years before even make the new added boost usefull ????
    Some people spend hours grinding to be ready for New Age - [ not me ] but how u think they feel that it gets them nowhere ???
    You better fix this or your game is doomed [ but like said before maybe that's what u want for outside Korea ...
    And if no chance then I am out !!
    Rather spend my cash on buy Switch games which give me more joy then the game does atm anyway .
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited November 2023
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
  • StilgarLightStilgarLight
    edited November 2023
    Very bad changes which killed all motivation to play. Dont mess this game!
  • LeoLeo
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2023
    GMS welcomed the nerfs when they opened the door to nerf Kanna.
  • TrueMirokuTrueMiroku
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2023
    The changes you guys have been implementing lately have made me want to quit. Along with various other factors.
    I was excited to hit 260 and start the 6th job on my Hero and start this journey of what could be. The time gate... just made me lose interest even though I don't train a ton per day.
    I was excited about the "Oz" ring box change. But again it looks like we're getting shafted on that.
    I was excited for another event. But the meso prices for things are again twice what they used to be. Which is another turn-off.
    Nexon America just keeps implementing things in the most ridiculous ways. It HIGHLY disappoints me.
    Also, If you're going to kill off Frenzy. Please up the spawns and spawn rate of the maps.
  • IGEIGE
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2023
    i would love to hear their thought process before they decide to torture mid-lategame players with sht like this
  • yhahahayhahaha
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2023
    This is ridiculous . Why KMS don't have that cap?
  • MACKiBOYMACKiBOY
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2023
    I can’t wait to see nexon’s income after this update. After this unnecessary cap i bet you the market will crash. Lol.
  • theJRKangletheJRKangle
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2023
    It's a shame that GMS players have little respect from the Maple product team. They gave us exclusive content before and now nerfing content that nobody else is getting nerfed by. Saying they want to be transparent then trying to slip changes that negatively impact us. I don't know what we did to be disliked so much.
  • efwwefweewweweefwwefweewwewe
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited November 2023
    remove sol erda cap, revert oz box changes
  • TheDeadPaladinTheDeadPaladin
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2023
    ALL of these changes need to be implemented:
    -Keep Frenzy relevant and usable past 260
    -No Sol Erda cap
    -Oz boxes being 3-4
    -consistent class updates. BW,Bucc,Paladin,Kanna, and others are still terribly weak and have been for years for no reason. Where are the play testers?
    Nexon has routinely given updates with nerfed items vs the Korean version and it continues to happen. We don't understand the continued disrespect & willigness to ruin player goodwill/ recommendations to others to play this game that doesn't respect people's time.
  • ideenideen
    Reactions: 205
    edited November 2023
    Imagine having a bullshit cap like this.

This is my first time login and it's just because you NexonNA can't figure out what is good.
    Keegz wrote: »
    I was actually going to quit the game (at least momentarily) back in July/August (thinking about it earlier), as I was liberating, and I didn't think that I cared to try and progress more as I had felt that I had done everything I wanted to do. Then the 6th job announcement came out in KMS, and it reinvigorated my drive and my passion for the game, I've been super excited ever since then.

To hear that even doing a single WAP of farming per day is pointless as it will take far longer to get the required Sol Erda Energy to level up your HEXA matrix has completely left me feeling deflated and unwilling to log into the game again. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the game. I've loved each moment I've played in it. Before liberating I was thinking that liberating would be the end (for me), and I felt like I had accomplished all I wanted to in the game. 6th job was meant to be a new way to progress my character. A way that doesn't care about RNG, if I farm for x amount of time with y amount of drop rate, I would get z amount of fragments and level up my HEXA matrix a certain amount. This was a huge selling point for me and the sole reason I didn't quit the game. I could farm as long as I wanted to and get rewarded for my time spent. With the cap I can no longer do that. It's gating the same as symbol gating. Nobody asked for this, nobody WANTS this.

For as long as this remains in the game I shall be taking my departure from it. I will return upon the removal (not increase) of the Sol Erda farming cap. Though if it takes too long then I may not return at all. Thank you Nexon for creating a great game that I've enjoyed vehemently over the years. It really has been a great ride.

I echo your words

I've enjoyed this game since 2007, it's a great game, but this change is honestly a slap in the face of those whom dedicated so much time playing and preping for Hexa.
    smashton
  • smashtonsmashton
    edited November 2023
    Hiding regional scale nerfs to upcoming content is a manipulative business tactic employed by Nexon against their playerbase. Compensation for every hour and dollar spent by GMS players during the Sixth Star event in preparation for the advertised events is required.
  • RandysRageRandysRage
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2023
    An absolutely abhorrent asinine addition.

Two whole years just to partially level up the new skills? Screw that noise.

REMOVE THE SOL ERDA CAP