[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please change the server time back to PST.

SlypheranSlypheran
Reactions: 750
edited November 2016 in General Chat
The change to UTC completely messes up the schedule for all players in NA, which makes up the vast majority of the GMS population. I get that you're trying to accommodate for the EMS players, but that doesn't mean you should just completely screw everyone else over. At most, it should have been a somewhat small change, maybe to EST, but shifting it back a whole 8 hours is too much.

Edit: Added a poll so we can see what the community favors.
DawnedCrisisPetalmagicShadTheManWhyYouDo0mGiTzJonZerbixふかせMewsSkyTheDestroyerPikarieand 2 others.
  1. Should the server time be reverted to PST?171 votes
    1. Yes
       81% (138 votes)
    2. No
       19% (33 votes)

Comments

• DawnedCrisisDawnedCrisis
    Reactions: 435
    edited November 2016
    Yes. I vote yes please.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    ...agreed.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited November 2016
    I'm for PST, but doubt this will change Nexon's mind.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited November 2016
    I would like it to be PST also
  • WhyYouDoWhyYouDo
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    Yes please! All those hours people have put into invasion and kritias dailies are worthless now because so many of them can't even finish the last 400 in a reasonable time because all the invasions are happening when they're at school/work.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited November 2016
    well with the way the new login menu's are there are to Regions in GMS so I will call them GMSNA and GMSEU. With that being said GMSNA should be EST and GMSEU should be GMT
    Calwyn
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited November 2016
    est would be nice lol
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2016
    Yeah, this is dumb. "12am" to me now is 7pm my time instead of 3am.
  • JuckingJucking
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited November 2016
    pls change back to pst.
  • GoomuGoomu
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2016
    I really hope they do something. my invasion times are 4pm to 6am now or something. I work 2pm to 10pm and I'm not going to stay up all night.... which means i will hit very very few invasions and i'll need months to finish now instead of weeks as I had hoped. I'm not playing on an EU server so why on earth should i be playing in their time zone?
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2016
    +1 +1 +1
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited November 2016
    I can understand if they want to be accommodating to EU players, they want them to play GMS and not stop altogether. I do not understand why suddenly we're being less accommodating to players who already play GMS. I do not understand why there was not an announcement about this and how it will affect us (patch notes don't count because you and I both know they didn't explain anything in those).
  • SkunkSkunk
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    Yes, I strongly agree that this should be reverted back to PST. Hopefully something can happen because of this :)
  • CalwynCalwyn
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

well with the way the new login menu's are there are to Regions in GMS so I will call them GMSNA and GMSEU. With that being said GMSNA should be EST and GMSEU should be GMT

^
  • AmyteAmyte
    Reactions: 855
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2020
    redacted
  • JenAskarJenAskar
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2016
    UTC is a universal time standard rather than a zone. That being said, as an EU player I agree that is should be region specific. GMT/UTC or CET for Europe, PST for North America. considering the maintenance was clearer on time zones it should be that the servers reflect the same. EU servers are still EU after all.

I totally agree that this doesn't seem fair at all to NA players.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I really hope that this change was unintended. There was absolutely no mention of switching to UTC, and a change this big should definitely have been on the patch notes.
    NeverOp
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Hi everyone,

We're sorry for the frustrations that the changes to the game server time have caused. I have brought this up with the team, and we are looking into it.
    SpiritKingStarfireAnaidimmalilmonstarBahamut_XIts2Sharp4ULilyflowerMegaScience
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

I really hope that this change was unintended. There was absolutely no mention of switching to UTC, and a change this big should definitely have been on the patch notes.
    It is in the maintenance notes. I don't know if it wasn't there to begin with but it's there now.

OT: I just lost a "whole" day's RP because I didn't get to boss before SC. This time change is gonna be hard. :(
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    LOL, I had no idea this happened. I guess for a game like global maplestory, it makes sense though. Still sorta out of the blue. Guess my day resets at 2:00 PM now.