[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

ChairStory V: Design-A-Chair Contest

Comments

• _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited December 2016
    Character Name: iimes
    World: Luna

My Submission:
    Without Character -
    http://i.imgur.com/2W0uiI8.png

With Character -
    http://i.imgur.com/4ZKjI99.gif

Inspiration for this chair came from the 'Power-up' animation shown by each class in this video:

The idea was to create a chair which will show off the character - Specifically the characters advancement in strength and power. The colour scheme aimed to be as bright as possible, without looking too bright in the maple world. I had originally wanted to add 1 maple leaf behind the character, but decided on 5 maple leaves instead; 1 maple leaf for every job type. I chose a Maple Leaf to keep the theme relevant to the V update, and Maplestory itself.
    Ideally, the lightning in the foreground of the chair would be animated (Blinking/fading slowing in and out of view) (Unable to animate it myself). The character would be placed ontop of the 'V' when sitting on this chair, and would be placed in combat stance with 'Flaming' face expression (Similar to the auto-emote function of the 'Dun Dun Dun Comic Chair').
    To get this chair, i would be expected to earn it by reaching 5th job advancement - Reach 5th job advancement and show off your power with this amazing V Power-Up Chair!

Thank you for reading!
    NullNicoHikoua
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    Character: Gimothon
    World: Renegades

Aight lez do dis. (I can't draw good, but its a good thing I know photoshop for ideas, eh?)

So for my chair, I thought that we should go back to the basics. Like, the REAL basics. So basic in that it is one of the first enemies in the game, and the most iconic. These guys have been around ever since the beginning of your journey, of everyone's journey. Where would we be without Mano the Orange Mushroom. At important parts of your journey (a la the very start, Mushroom Shrine, and even in the bloody future of Maple), these guys show up. And I think we need to give 'em a lil more recognition. So for my chair, I think a species variation is in order. This variation of Mushroom was exposed to the Power of V, and gained immense powers. But that's not important, because its still just a mushroom and its ok with you sitting on it (probably).

The Mushroom without much addons

Now, this mushroom is more than just a mushroom. It has a teal radiation (animated) as well as a cushion for the player to sit on. Around the mushroom orbits little teal V logos.

I know I'm not artistically attuned as most of these lovely entries, but I should still try and see if things work out, no?
  • kcajbluekcajblue
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    IGN: Jeck
    World: Bera

Chair description: Kind of like the Snowflake chair, the Roman numerals are stacked up from the bottom to the top (as shown in pictures). I'm not a good animator, but it would be nice if the numbers are swaying ever-so-slightly as if it's trying to balance itself out and the neon blue V would be glowing, pulsating the neon colour.

To get this chair, first you have to get 5th job. Then you'll go see a chair-smith NPC (that does not exist yet) and ask him/her to make a chair worthy of your struggles and hard work to get to 5th job. This will be the chair made for you!
    YaranzoMonogamyHikoua
  • YaranzoYaranzo
    Reactions: 800
    edited November 2016
    ^Doesn't look too visually appealing with Paint,
    but I'm sure if Nexon gets on to remodeling it with their graphics team,
    it'd turn out a pretty cool chair!
    Monogamy
  • forestninjaforestninja
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    With the V update comes a new female boss Lucid. Since she's the queen of nightmares, I thought she would be the worst one to see in a dream (apart from chaos pierre). Title of the chair is "Lucid Nightmare Chair"
    Personally, I like the black and white version because I can't color on Paint worth a saltine cracker, so I apologize in advance to users who look at the color version and die from fright at the color schemes. I only recreated and colored it so people get an idea for implementation if chosen (big if). Color-wise I really like what Nexon did on their microwebsite with the neon purples/pinks so that's what I'm going for here. Good luck to everyone on submissions and Happy Thanksgiving!

Black and white version:
    http://imgur.com/5kny4Ti

Colored Version:
    http://imgur.com/oXXZ0je
    HikouaHippoAnger
  • forestninjaforestninja
    Reactions: 420
    edited November 2016
    forestninja

With the V update comes a new female boss Lucid. Since she's the queen of nightmares, I thought she would be the worst one to see in a dream (apart from chaos pierre). Title of the chair is "Lucid Nightmare Chair"
    Personally, I like the black and white version because I can't color on Paint worth a saltine cracker, so I apologize in advance to users who look at the color version and die from fright at the color schemes. I only recreated and colored it so people get an idea for implementation if chosen (big if). Color-wise I really like what Nexon did on their microwebsite with the neon purples/pinks so that's what I'm going for here. Good luck to everyone on submissions and Happy Thanksgiving!

Black and white version:
    http://imgur.com/5kny4Ti

Colored Version:
    http://imgur.com/oXXZ0je
    -- WHOOPS.. hit enter and erased my details:
    Since I am a noob and would like this chair myself, I will make the requirement easy: Beat Lucid once, talk to NPC and receive chair within promotion period. After that, to make it really live up to it's name, you would have to beat Lucid on hard mode to get the chair.

Chair is basically a towering Lucid with two or three neon butterflies around her head and the player has the shocked/crying face while in her clutch.
  • 3x3x33x3x3
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2016
    This is a must-enter!
    --*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
    UPDATE! (so late haha)
    Here is my entry:

Chair name: Nameless Winter Night

Drawing against black background: http://imgur.com/a/2B1TX
    Drawing against white background: http://imgur.com/a/I4Fok (so you can see the chair a little better)

Details:
    oh gosh I'm terrible at writing descriptions.
    This would be cool as an event chair, like given to players in a gift box after completing certain tasks, or would be nice in a coin shop too. Really loved the Vanishing Journey area, so i based the design on the concept. It snows around you when you sit(stand) on the chair, and the lights would be glowing and stars would be shinning and reflections in the water would be sparkling. Sparkles everywhere! xD I Just wanted to make it a really calm little scene, but when you sit(stand) on this chair it still gives you a sense of accomplishment, because you have reached 5th job AND built a V snow sculpture with the Vanishing Journey monsters!
    *a side note, this chair shouldn't give you an automatic expression, i just wanted my little model guy to be happy haha

Well, that's about it. I really hope that you guys will enjoy it!
    Good luck to every contestant! C:

Character Name: Aivv (loving my new hayatoooo)
    World: Windia

--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--
  • AslemnAslemn
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    Player Name: AtarLJaguar
    World: Khaini

Chair Name: Arcane Warriors

Chair Description and Inspiration: Although the V Update comes with a lot of new content, the 5th job advancement is all we’ve been waiting for. In order to break all limits and unlock our characters' true powers, we must meet with none other than the three main deities of the current Maple Universe, powerful beings worshipped by every race in the game: The Nova Warrior, The Maple Warrior and The Demon Warrior.
    Therefore, this chair represents a path to unlimited power, only achieved by gathering all three Arcane Stones.

HikouaOrigamiHeartqouowAramyNightlyMoonn
  • YuzurihaYuzuriha
    Reactions: 460
    edited December 2016
    Player Name: Doremí
    World: Windia
    Chair Name: Lucid Dream Chair

If image won't load:
    http://imgur.com/UYmxrzh
    http://imgur.com/syUb4c6

Chair Description: Inspired by the new boss coming out on the V Update, Lucid. This chair is a Couple Chair, it may be sat alone but when you pair it near another player’s Lucid Dream Chair, shatter pieces of her favorite butterflies present itself fluttering around her scent from the hat. Behind the butterflies unveil shades of pink, purple, and blue which lies underneath the power of the V.

Legend states there were five incredible heroes who venture on a journey to protect their home by rising against Lucid who brought terror to the lands nearby. With the five heroes combined, they managed to take down the infamous Lucid. During the battle, before Lucid takes her final breath, she released her cherished hat into the distance. This hat contains her beloved friends she cherishes the most. She was able to set them free into the Maple World when a wandering merchant stumble upon this hat and managed to reproduced it as the hat itself. Little did he know about the creatures that lurks within the hat. With the hat being replicated and altered to be used as fashion and a chair, the butterflies hid their identity from any harm they may stumble upon. While the merchant replicates the hat, it was a time of prosper and good time, the whole town is celebrating the defeat of Lucid, thus this gave the merchant an idea to engrave a large V to show respect to the five incredible heroes who shook the world with their unfathomable power.

As the hats finally being finalized, he set up a price of V coins which serves as a currency to obtain this hat. One after another, the hats are distributed all around the Maple World and galaxies beyond. As the young adventures wore the hat and sat on the chair with one another, the butterflies felt something warm, so they decide to come out to see what it was. As they flutter their wings, it releases their aura which set an array of beautiful colors around themselves. With the wandering merchant’s engraved V on the hat to represent the heroes, an electrifying effect shrouds the V. With the butterfly’s aura and the electrifying V, it was an eye-catcher to many adventurers. It became a big hit and immediately spread even faster than the initial release of the hat.

The hat magically floats mid-air, when another players sits with the same chair, the chair effects will show. You can see the butterflies flutter their wings in place and the V glow with electric flashing back and forth.

Different Perspective:
    http://imgur.com/9TbfcA1 (Solo In-Game View)
    http://imgur.com/ruYXWlN (Couple In-Game View)
    http://imgur.com/QIUqNmU (Hat Itself)
    http://imgur.com/KMMlLx0 (Effect Itself)

P.S. Please ignore my horrible grammar. Thanks for viewing!
    risakinHikouaOrigamiHeartForumKousNightlyMoonnHachu
  • ColorcipherColorcipher
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Player Name: Sakuramist
    World: Reboot

Chair Name: Floating V Chair
    Chair Description: It's obviously inspired by the V update, nothing too flashy, but nothing too boring, all while considering how it might be animated for the game. The 5 and the V float up and down simultaneously, while the V rotates, and the beams and specks of light fade out and back in again.

I originally wasn't going to enter, but then I got a cool idea.
    ToxicHikouaKingStarfireForumKousNightlyMoonn
  • SinDitBRSinDitBR
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited November 2016
    Character Name: SinDitBR

My Submission:

I'm a newbie photoshoper but my goal was to recreate the environment of the place where it all begins. This time you're guarding the portal for the new V incomers. The original design would require a gif to show but imagine sparks over the portal a V behind the character and your eyes blazing. It would be a very cinematic thing and probably would require alot of work for your animators but it would be 10/10.
    Hikoua
  • OrigamiHeartOrigamiHeart
    Reactions: 520
    edited November 2016
    IGN: OrigamiHeart

For my design I wanted to create something focused around Lucid. Just how awesome is she!? I have an unhealthy obsession with her from the moment I saw her a few months back. Anyways, for those of you who have not yet heard of her, she's a new boss coming out with the V-update. She's a is the newest of the Black Mage's commanders, and has the ability to manipulate dreams. She controls dreams to such an extent that her dreams can easily be mistaken as reality.
    In the dreams, she turns her seemingly pure and innocent creations-flowers, butteflies, drawings of dragons, and other things that children, especially girls, dream about-into deadly weapons.
    My idea is to make a chair that can recreate this. A chair that symbolises something beautiful and happy which can also be scary and dangerous....
    This is why I chose amusement park attraction inspired chair design. A theme park can be the happiest place on Earth when opened (..in happy dreams) and the scariest and creepiest place at night or when abandoned (..in nightmares). I believe this partly grasps the idea of Lucid and her being.
    It can be a Ferris Wheel, a Carousel, a Roller coaster, powered by V-energy emitted by the players, thus showing their (V-?)power. Each car will be decorated with neon, lightning (overcharge) and other futuristic effects and elements.
    The important part of the design is the ability to interact with other players (inspired by a swing chair I recently saw ingame). By sitting near it (within some visible lines), other players can ride the attraction, filling a car. Limited to 4-6 players per chair, filling all spots could trigger some sort of visual effect, like faster moving parts, brighter colors, more lightnings, V-logo and etc.
    Since it's V-themed contest, you may wonder how does this idea suit the upcoming update? Amusement rides are dynamic, fun and can be related to the feeling of excitement (a.k.a. hype, which all of us feel towards the update). The continuity of the whole process (the constant and neverending spinning of the whole ride, caused by the interaction of the different small parts) symbolises the progress we make, TOGETHER, towards a brighter future, in the new era of Maplestory.

P.S. I cannot draw one for the life of me, so I hope that I had explained it well enough for you to be able to picture it in your heads.
    Hikoua
  • RikNLRikNL
    Reactions: 2,605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

@RikNL The incorporation of the "Donald" NPC made me laugh.
    Haha, Thank you :D

• BeautyBeauty
    Reactions: 1,885
    edited November 2016
    Good Luck To All The Contestants
    M1mu_ChanHikoua
  • SketchySkySketchySky
    Reactions: 820
    edited November 2016
    Character Name : KatsuTM
    Server: Reboot
    Edit:
    Since the many people have written descriptions and stories about their chairs, I might as well do it too.

The chair will be named as: Final Achievement

Obviously in order to get the chair is to be level 200 or up and completed the fifth job advancement. The chair will be given by one of the masters you are following by. However I also think that in order to get the chair, you must at least played all types of classes: Warrior, Thief, Pirate, Mage, and Archer. The chair is given only ONCE for that will be your main unless you change into a different server.

This chair shows how much you are dedicated to your main character by showing your glorious beauty to every maplers that are shown next to you. Show them that you have completed the last achievement by sitting in this chair.

Also, I am having opinions to have some kind of decorations on the grass platform, though I maybe cannot change it as it is, I would prefer if there was the old original maplestory mobs on it such as : orange mushroom, pig, and slime.
    I wanted to draw something and might as well get some competition along the way.
    Shoutout to: Mr_Bubblez for giving my advice on my artwork.
    HikouaSillyMooseJoTheWeirdoxKiiChanZeruisForumKousAramy
  • SleepingPZeroSleepingPZero
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    hi desu
  • HippoAngerHippoAnger
    Reactions: 330
    edited November 2016
    IGN: Hipposannin
    world: Scania

This chair is titled: New World New Friends
    I don't know who these new NPCs are but they have awesome looking faces. This chair would have the 4 NPCs standing around the Maple character who is standing on a vanishing/translucent plank. The faces of the npc would move constantly as if staring into a nebula. The V symbol on top would also have the nebula effect moving in and out.

To get this chair, one must be lvl 200+ and go to the new world and talk to all the NPCs in town. The chair will be given as a sort of "welcome" gift in celebration of the V update.

It's awfully cold out here. The waves of clouds blot out the sun. Bring us with you, hero, to a warmer place where the sun's rays may kiss our faces once again.

imageimage" />

HikouaforestninjaAramy
  • BeautyBeauty
    Reactions: 1,885
    edited November 2016
    Sashumo
    Sashumo said:

Alrighty, here goes!

http://imgur.com/VoAmRDx

A little rough around the edges, but I'm not very good at this kind of thing. Hopeful for the best, though!

The chair itself could be a reward for showing up during the start of the event period. Backstory could either have it as a thank you gift from Maple Admin, or from Cassandra. For the latter, she had it commissioned ten years ago because she had foreseen the coming of the Fifth Job advancement in her crystal ball. Some item descriptions I had in mind:

"This high-tech chair was created to celebrate the V update."

"This chair depicts the high octane journey to level 200, where Fifth Job advancements are now possible."

"A chair made in celebration of the V update, which commemorates the launch of the Fifth Job advancement."

"Go from 1 to 200 in a flash with this celebratory V chair."

"Get into the spirit of V with this [chair name] chair, made to celebrate a fantastic event loved by many. "

It's not the best, but I'm sure the art team could make it awesome. Thank you for your time!

Character name: Nether

World: Arcania (GRAZED)
    This design is pretty cool. Are we allowed to give feedbacks? The wings at the end of the chair doesn't really flows well with the design, spotlights are a bit too close to the character should maybe move it a little further. Maybe you can add something else other than the glowing wings maybe something like falling feathers or something dark. Maybe you could enlarge the compass a bit bigger so that it covers some part of the neon marquee.

Sashumo
  • SillyMooseSillyMoose
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    Character name:C0urt0
    World:Broa
    Chair name:Kitty Bird
    Chair Description: Coming back to the game after a few years I've noticed a lot of new kitty inspired looks such as hair and permanent nx hats. When I was training near HOH I was inspired by the cute mobs to create this. One of the mobs (I forget the name) with kitty face paint and ears cuddling a sleeping Persian cat. :)
    Edit; I think the suitable place to get this chair would be an Empress drop, I think that's the boss after the HOH prequests right? o-o
  • SashumoSashumo
    Reactions: 580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Beauty
    Beauty said:

This design is pretty cool. Are we allowed to give feedbacks? The wings at the end of the chair doesn't really flows well with the design, spotlights are a bit too close to the character should maybe move it a little further. Maybe you can add something else other than the glowing wings maybe something like falling feathers or something dark. Maybe you could enlarge the compass a bit bigger so that it covers some part of the neon marquee.
    Thanks for your helpful feedback! Made me want to revisit my initial design as well as make some changes to the current one. Thanks so much!

This discussion has been closed.