[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v178 V: Limitless

Comments

• BruuhBruuh
    Reactions: 415
    edited November 2016
  • HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

HeroDjinn
    HeroDjinn said:

makes sense, im guessing they found something after they went live and had to bring it down again to fix it
    That's putting it lightly. They accidentally messed up the crit damage so it did max damage (crit damage was something like 900,000x).
    Damn, i wouldnt have mind that even if it was for a short time, lol

but yeah thats a pretty big problem

• AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

HeroDjinn
    HeroDjinn said:

makes sense, im guessing they found something after they went live and had to bring it down again to fix it
    That's putting it lightly. They accidentally messed up the crit damage so it did max damage (crit damage was something like 900,000x).
    WAIT, REALLY? Gah, I missed being able to do some great damage on HMag with my measly range.
    Imma go cry in the corner nao.
    Don't feel bad, I tried getting on as soon as servers came up and there were too many people so after getting to character selection, and getting the black screen to log in it kicked me off. I doubt people are gonna get to keep anything they got in the 20-ish minutes it was up exp or items.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited November 2016
    Take your time, programing can be really sturborn at times, even KMS had problems with crashing(partialy the over-population), hope we can play smothie in this new uptate.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

HeroDjinn
    HeroDjinn said:

WAIT, REALLY? Gah, I missed being able to do some great damage on HMag with my measly range.
    Imma go cry in the corner nao.
    No kidding...I could have solo'd damien or some sht.
  • teapeateapea
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    The most important question, WILL DRPQ BE FIXED?
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    teapea
    teapea said:

The most important question, WILL DRPQ BE FIXED?
    I think you mean will shade's spinning attack actually work, or will having damage reflect and damage ignore activate at the same time kicking you off maple be fixed.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I really wished we wouldn't experience crafting decay when the game has been down for so long.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    edited November 2016
    It's December 1st according to Maplestory, so guess who lost a whole day of the events!
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    Originally, maintenance was planned to take place at 8 AM - 4 PM EST which is 8 hours. Then the maintenance was extended. We waited, since it was already expected to happen. When maintenance finished at 5:30 PM, it was at a point where the game was basically unplayable. So. . . my question is. . . what were they even doing? This is worse than I ever expected, what a disappointment.
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited November 2016
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay.

We encountered some critical issues after going live that we had to bring the servers down for. Unfortunately, there is still no ETA. We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve these issues
  • JayanglesJayangles
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited November 2016
    Will the current new maintenance fix the issue where some players cannot get pass the server selection. We couldnt play the game since 2:00pm maintenance completion.
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay.

We encountered some critical issues after going live that we had to bring the servers down for. Unfortunately, there is still no ETA. We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve these issues
    will there be any extension on the events that we are once again losing a day on considering these are all time sensitive, also have you gotten any more information regarding the hard magnus changes that you vowed to look further into and give follow ups on?
    deadend5193AkihikoT_
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    PRAISE KTHXBAINAO! OUR LORD AND SAVIOR HATH GIVEN US A MESSAGE FROM THE GODS IN THE STARS!

k going back to crying now
  • BobyBoby
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    If you use a level 100 Character card on a newly created char, will that char still get the Burning Event exp boost? Like will it level 2 more levels per level?
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

If you use a level 100 Character card on a newly created char, will that char still get the Burning Event exp boost? Like will it level 2 more levels per level?
    I would assume that it's not actually leveling, but instead just setting your level to 100. So nope, it won't work.
  • YuiHongoYuiHongo
    Reactions: 940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Patch Notes vs. Maple V Event 11/30 - 12/27
    Breakthrough V Event

Patch Notes says at level 200 you'll receive 1,000 Maple Points
    Maple V Event says at level 200 you'll receive 10,000 Maple Points

clarification, please.
  • NitshftNitshft
    Reactions: 210
    edited November 2016
    Ah maplestory, I have been away for so long but you are the same old maple, Ive missed you
    spareblade
  • NativeftwNativeftw
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    I wonder if my account will finally be migrated and I'll be able to access the game this time. It's been like 3 weeks :)
  • Punisher106Punisher106
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    I also have a question, if the exp curve was lowered to make hitting 200 easier, by how much is it? Before the server went down for maintainance, I noticed my level 149 Bowmaster was level 149, and his Exp bar did not budge at all.