[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v178 V: Limitless

Comments

• BobyBoby
    Reactions: 410
    edited November 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

Boby
    Boby said:

If you use a level 100 Character card on a newly created char, will that char still get the Burning Event exp boost? Like will it level 2 more levels per level?
    I would assume that it's not actually leveling, but instead just setting your level to 100. So nope, it won't work.

But the char would be newly created. The update says you can choose one newly created char to receive the burning effect. So I don't understand..

• WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    Punisher106

I also have a question, if the exp curve was lowered to make hitting 200 easier, by how much is it? Before the server went down for maintainance, I noticed my level 149 Bowmaster was level 149, and his Exp bar did not budge at all.
    They reduced exp required by 30%. It does not mean you will gain EXP or level because of the update. Your level will be kept same of course, but leveling up to 200 is made easier.

• Punisher106Punisher106
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

Punisher106

I also have a question, if the exp curve was lowered to make hitting 200 easier, by how much is it? Before the server went down for maintainance, I noticed my level 149 Bowmaster was level 149, and his Exp bar did not budge at all.
    They reduced exp required by 30%. It does not mean you will gain EXP or level because of the update. Your level will be kept same of course, but leveling up to 200 is made easier.

So you mean to tell me that with this new curve, they subtracted 30% of my total exp? from 1 to 149? That isn't right.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Punisher106

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Punisher106

So you mean to tell me that with this new curve, they subtracted 30% of my total exp? from 1 to 149? That isn't right.
    There is an EXP curve so there wouldn't be much that's noticeable, but they probably adjusted your current EXP to keep it at the same %. (so if it required 1000 you had 490(49%) which would be 49 exp out of 100 to keep you at 49%) THESE NUMBERS ARE JUST MADE UP FOR THIS EXAMPLE.
  • KingOfZorbKingOfZorb
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    emperor52
    emperor52 said:

I was hoping with the addition of his 5th job skill, there would've been some kind of revamp for Jett. Oh well, still looking forward to the update tomorrow. :)
    The key word is "tomorrow" because this update/patch is taking forever

• BobyBoby
    edited November 2016
    No one answered my question.. I'm gunna end up wasting NX if I don't know that creating a newly created char with the Level 100 or 150 Character Card can receive the burning effect. :c
  • Punisher106Punisher106
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Punisher106

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Punisher106

There is an EXP curve so there wouldn't be much that's noticeable, but they probably adjusted your current EXP to keep it at the same %. (so if it required 1000 you had 490(49%) which would be 49 exp out of 100 to keep you at 49%) THESE NUMBERS ARE JUST MADE UP FOR THIS EXAMPLE.
    So it sounds like they did make it so you don't get the appropriate levels to compensate for the curve. Lovely. 120+ has been a nightmare, even worse with how I can't solo DIPQ at all, because there's NO content that helps surge through these levels.
  • dizcodizco
    Reactions: 425
    edited November 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

No one answered my question.. I'm gunna end up wasting NX if I don't know that creating a newly created char with the Level 100 or 150 Character Card can receive the burning effect. :c
    that's a good question lol
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Punisher106

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Punisher106

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Punisher106

So it sounds like they did make it so you don't get the appropriate levels to compensate for the curve. Lovely. 120+ has been a nightmare, even worse with how I can't solo DIPQ at all, because there's NO content that helps surge through these levels.
    The level curve doesn't really affect you before 140 either way so at most you'd get .1-.2%. even at lvl 149 it's not even 1 level difference.

• WzerWzer
    edited November 2016
    dizco
    dizco said:

Boby
    Boby said:

Burning effect is up to 150, so you should know that you wouldn't receive the burning effect. For level 100, I think you can burn it as long as character is under level 150. Don't trust me too much though, just my thought.

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

dizco
    dizco said:

Boby
    Boby said:

Burning effect is up to 150, so you should know that you wouldn't receive the burning effect. For level 100, I think you can burn it as long as character is under level 150. Don't trust me too much though, just my thought.

it says burning effect up to 130 for this mega burning project

if you're buying a character lvl card then i dont understand why you need the burning effect anyway
  • BobyBoby
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

dizco
    dizco said:

Boby
    Boby said:

THANKS! :D
  • kennyabsillikennyabsilli
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delay.

We encountered some critical issues after going live that we had to bring the servers down for. Unfortunately, there is still no ETA. We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve these issues
    Critical issues, pun intended? XD
    FuzziesVelkahn
  • BobyBoby
    edited November 2016
    GUYS, IT'S UPDATING NOW, IF YOU CLICK PLAY NOW. YAYYY DOES THAT MEAN IT'S DONE?
  • WzerWzer
    edited November 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

No.
    Silento
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Boby
    Boby said:

Not likely. The update started downloading for me ~3hrs before the servers came up from the patch.
  • WildHeartlessWildHeartless
    Reactions: 340
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

dizco
    dizco said:

Boby
    Boby said:

To be honest... doesn't seem like a character card would be very wise to use on a burning character unless you really despise doing any leveling from quests/grinding. if they do in fact work with burning characters, than you would only be able to use like 50 of the 150 tomes, since every level up is equal to 2 more free... thats like 100 that go to waste.

seems like a waste of money... I would burn 1 character then use a character card on another one if you feel you must buy one... good for link skill mules though.
  • AmentoyouAmentoyou
    Reactions: 360
    edited November 2016
  • RyderGRyderG
    Reactions: 900
    edited November 2016
    hi all
  • Mr_DudeMr_Dude
    Reactions: 475
    edited November 2016
    Hi ,,
    Why Is this taking forever ? ,, Advice to Nexon (Why Don't you guys make a localhost Maplestory server and do all your updates and tests while we are playing .After that upload the files and restart the clients. i think that's the best way to so you don't disturb the players/customers.)