[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Worst Patch Preparation Ever?

Comments

• FadedFaded
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    you people are new here
    Luxx
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Azgaurd
    Azgaurd said:

Honestly you people clearly have no concept of what exactly goes into releasing something like this. Maplestory targeted children with it's style so there is bound to be some brats out there but good lord. Many of the remaining players (and players bashing maintenance) really need to grow up. You can check, double check, and triple check every variable, and something can still go wrong. Then you have to set about finding the one random thing that just so happens to be not functioning correctly.

People here have no concept of what goes into a troubleshooting process and cry because they can't play the game. If the initial maintenance had gone this long, the frustration would be warranted. But it wasn't. The game came up, something was wrong, and now they have to fix it. Such is life.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Guess what Azgaurd? Most of the features are already made in KMS and all GMS does is change it so it fits into the server. KMS runs test server other than official server to test the updates before releasing them out into public (people apply to play on the test server) and I dont think GMS even has that kind of system. We can conclude that GMS lacks preparation for such big maintenance, or rather any other maintenance in general. They need to improve in doing their job. We get that it may be difficult, but from what I hear from most of people who plays GMS; it's obvious that nexon isn't doing their job well.

Here are what a lot of people say:
    "Extension as expected."
    "It's GMS, what do you expect?"
    "They need to improve."
    "It's been like this for long time, so whatever."

The reason GMS doesn't have a test server anymore is people would take advantage of it, find the glitches but not tell about them to exploit them in the real game. This happened to the point it wasn't trustable anymore.
    -gets out extreme resume- Gosh I would do ANYTHING to help GMS =3="
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    Faded
    Faded said:

you people are new here
    You mean you are new here? I'm sure I have way more knowledge than you do about this game.

Also, you know what's funny? Watching preview stream today and noticing the staff not even knowing anything about the game. "What's dimensional mirror?" Smh
  • Jen0vaCoreJen0vaCore
    Reactions: 405
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

Faded
    Faded said:

you people are new here
    You mean you are new here? I'm sure I have way more knowledge than you do about this game.

Also, you know what's funny? Watching preview stream today and noticing the staff not even knowing anything about the game. "What's dimensional mirror?" Smh
    That was one heck of a cringe-worthy stream.

• HeroDjinnHeroDjinn
    Reactions: 1,235
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Azgaurd
    Azgaurd said:

Honestly you people clearly have no concept of what exactly goes into releasing something like this. Maplestory targeted children with it's style so there is bound to be some brats out there but good lord. Many of the remaining players (and players bashing maintenance) really need to grow up. You can check, double check, and triple check every variable, and something can still go wrong. Then you have to set about finding the one random thing that just so happens to be not functioning correctly.

People here have no concept of what goes into a troubleshooting process and cry because they can't play the game. If the initial maintenance had gone this long, the frustration would be warranted. But it wasn't. The game came up, something was wrong, and now they have to fix it. Such is life.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Guess what Azgaurd? Most of the features are already made in KMS and all GMS does is change it so it fits into the server. KMS runs test server other than official server to test the updates before releasing them out into public (people apply to play on the test server) and I dont think GMS even has that kind of system. We can conclude that GMS lacks preparation for such big maintenance, or rather any other maintenance in general. They need to improve in doing their job. We get that it may be difficult, but from what I hear from most of people who plays GMS; it's obvious that nexon isn't doing their job well.

Here are what a lot of people say:
    "Extension as expected."
    "It's GMS, what do you expect?"
    "They need to improve."
    "It's been like this for long time, so whatever."

The reason GMS doesn't have a test server anymore is people would take advantage of it, find the glitches but not tell about them to exploit them in the real game. This happened to the point it wasn't trustable anymore.
    im sad about that cause i was one of those testers, at least, open it to trustworthy people.....which who am i kidding this is the internet
    DreamWeaver
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited November 2016
    Why do people defend Nexon? Like i said, they put a lot of time and resources into making the v patch site and a ton of other preparations. Why not prepare better for the most important thing of all? I'm not saying it's a small task, but if you suck at doing something at a moderate time, give a realistic completion time. Would we be surprised if Nexon said it was gonna take them 12 hrs? Not really! We jokingly said it would and sure enough, it's looking like it.
    Lilyflower
  • KarothisKarothis
    Reactions: 235
    edited November 2016
    ITT: whiners and entitled players.

70% at least of all online games i play have problems patch day, at this point, i just expect it and don't play on that day. simple as that.
    DreamWeaverLilyflowerxLelouchz
  • WzerWzer
    edited November 2016
    Karothis
    Karothis said:

70% at least of all online games i play have problems patch day, at this point, i just expect it and don't play on that day. simple as that.
    Now you're saying some useless information here now. I've been playing variety of games throughout my gaming experience and what you say cannot deny the fact that Nexon is not doing well at doing their job. Most of the time when there are delays and problems, they tend to notify players. Nexon doesn't really notify us about news and is mostly late in doing so. I've been told the delays of the maintenance is quite often from many many players and it has been continuing for long time. From that point you know they aren't trying to improve. People expect maintenance to finish in time, this is probably one of first game that people always expect a delay. Funny thing is, we're right all the time. I hope you know what that means, you covering for Nexon isn't going to deny the actual facts.

• xEvilSoulxxEvilSoulx
    Reactions: 865
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

Karothis
    Karothis said:

Now you're saying some useless information here now. I've been playing variety of games throughout my gaming experience and what you say cannot deny the fact that Nexon is not doing well at doing their job. Most of the time when there are delays and problems, they tend to notify players. Nexon doesn't really notify us about news and is mostly late in doing so. I've been told the delays of the maintenance is quite often from many many players and it has been continuing for long time. From that point you know they aren't trying to improve. People expect maintenance to finish in time, this is probably one of first game that people always expect a delay. Funny thing is, we're right all the time. I hope you know what that means, you covering for Nexon isn't going to deny the actual facts.

Totally agree, i've played TONS of games, and they actually tell you why it is taking so long, they are clear with players, maplestory has always done the same thing, just say they are trying to fix but that's it, if it takes 10 hrs they won't update often , and they need to fix that, i mean, they spam their facebook page with pictures, they should do the same here.

If they haven't learned how to patch their own game after 8-10 years, at least they have to learn to be clear with their players
    Hungry4Pizza
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    It's as if the concept of things happening one way in a testing environment, then going completely pants-on-head bonkers weird once it's pushed live is unheard of to some people.
    DreamWeaver
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2016

Aggraphine

It's as if the concept of things happening one way in a testing environment, then going completely pants-on-head bonkers weird once it's pushed live is unheard of to some people.
    BringBackTespia# MakeMapleGreatAgain#
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    Yolo
    Yolo said:

Aggraphine

I doubt they'd bring back a test server if this has any merit to it.
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

• toothflushtoothflush
    Reactions: 685
    edited November 2016
    i'd rather a day long maintenance with probable compensation that fixes bugs introduced with the patch than one that is pushed out to meet a deadline and all the bugs are ignored until later.

i always expect patches to be extended, no matter what mmo i'm playing. it's just something that you have to expect - things happen, especially with big patches like this one.
    DreamWeaverxLelouchz
  • WzerWzer
    edited November 2016
    toothflush

i'd rather a day long maintenance with probable compensation that fixes bugs introduced with the patch than one that is pushed out to meet a deadline and all the bugs are ignored until later.

i always expect patches to be extended, no matter what mmo i'm playing. it's just something that you have to expect - things happen, especially with big patches like this one.
    Really you would say that? Were you not here earlier when they extended the maintenance for an hour and a half and the game was unplayable upon going live? You expect patches to be extended just tells how bad of a job Nexon has done in the past to make you not trust them in doing their job properly. People like you who always stick around saying "whatever, extended as usual" makes Nexon more ignorant towards players. Change is essential at this time and you know it.

Hungry4Pizza
  • genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited November 2016
    toothflush

i'd rather a day long maintenance with probable compensation that fixes bugs introduced with the patch than one that is pushed out to meet a deadline and all the bugs are ignored until later
    Except there are always bugs regardless of extended maintenance lul.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited November 2016
    toothflush

It comes down to a simple matter of things working differently between testing and production environments. We all saw on the stream, everything worked perfectly(if you adjust for the lack of knowledge on the part of the streamers). But then it goes out to the live server and suddenly things are going arse-over-teakettle.
    DreamWeaver
  • YoloYolo
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

Yolo
    Yolo said:

Aggraphine

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Why not? They would be able to test the patch before it goes live, In turn we'd get shorter maintenance times and less bugs,
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    Yolo
    Yolo said:

Aggraphine

Yolo
    Yolo said:

Aggraphine

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Why not? They would be able to test the patch before it goes live, In turn we'd get shorter maintenance times and less bugs,
    Because people would ABUSE the power(find a glitch that gets you fast levels? Find a dupe exploit for your OP gear? People might not tell devs)...even though I would honestly do Tespia type stuff...with a full resume and even a really poorly written cover letter from Middle School....
    DreamWeaver
  • YuuzenYuuzen
    edited November 2016
    All the arguments of 'glitches/testing/etc' would be acceptable is Nexon were a startup company,

The problem is, any and all patches/updates generally lead to fixing one problem and creating 4-XX more issues ... from a company 13 years into their own game and still, causes more problems than repairs.

Over time, you are supposed to get better at your trade, not worse.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    HeroDjinn
    HeroDjinn said:

im sad about that cause i was one of those testers, at least, open it to trustworthy people.....which who am i kidding this is the internet
    Sadly you're right. There ARE people who would be honest about it, but it's hard to find them. Like I personally hate hackers and people who glitch to win. (though I don't see it much in reboot since you can't trade with people I definitely see it in demethos.) So I'd be 100% sure to say when there are issues that can be exploited, or at least ask if it was meant that way.

@Yolo If they brought it back they should have their staffers have to play 1-2 hours a day to understand the game. I feel if you're working somewhere you should know your craft.
    DreamWeaverBahamut_X