[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[UPDATE NOTES] v178 V: Limitless

Comments

• LeadsamichLeadsamich
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    ETA?
  • VelkahnVelkahn
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2016
    Come on, still no word on ETA? This has to be the longest the servers have been down in years.
  • EucilleEucille
    Reactions: 550
    edited November 2016
    I still can't access the game. I get as far as choosing between NA and EU, and then it crashes.
  • XochieXochie
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    are some people in the maplestory already? how come I cant get In the game at all, I get the same message?
  • EucilleEucille
    edited November 2016
    Amentoyou
    Amentoyou said:

that's exactly what I see! I've been waiting SIX AND A HALF HOURS AFTER
    Nexon said the update would be done.
  • MidgardsormrMidgardsormr
    Reactions: 680
    edited November 2016
    Wow, I come back after a few years and I see that Nexon hasn't changed at all...
  • EucilleEucille
    edited November 2016
    Seriously, Nexon? They should've just told us we couldn't access the game for a day, because that's how it's looking. I had my hopes up to do some grinding today and get my level up. But, no, Nexon's got me waiting on the edge of my seat for a chance to log on that I should've had 6 and a half hours ago...
  • AmentoyouAmentoyou
    Reactions: 360
    edited November 2016
    Eucille
    Eucille said:

Amentoyou
    Amentoyou said:

Yup, same.. I guess we both got pranked by the good ol' Nexon x)
    Was all giddy I'd get to play this as soon as I wake up, since my sleep schedule right now is a total mess. (just like this patching has been so far, ayy lmao)

Oh well!
    At least I caught up a lot on this seasons animes while I was waiting :0
  • EucilleEucille
    edited November 2016
    Amentoyou
    Amentoyou said:

Eucille
    Eucille said:

Amentoyou
    Amentoyou said:

Yup, same.. I guess we both got pranked by the good ol' Nexon x)
    Was all giddy I'd get to play this as soon as I wake up, since my sleep schedule right now is a total mess. (just like this patching has been so far, ayy lmao)

Oh well!
    At least I caught up a lot on this seasons animes while I was waiting :0
    I still can't get in. Haven't been able to. And nothing has been on Comedy Central except South Park all day...
  • AmentoyouAmentoyou
    edited November 2016
    I still can't get in. Haven't been able to. And nothing has been on Comedy Central except South Park all day...
    Oh, don't worry! I haven't even dared to try for the past few hours.. :''D Safe to assume that it's probably the same for a lot of other people too.
    Don't ruin your day by waiting for something that might take longer than paint drying on a wall.
  • EucilleEucille
    edited November 2016
    According to http://maplestory.nexon.net/server-status#show-servers=0,2,45, all worlds are currently down.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited November 2016
    Punisher106

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Punisher106

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Punisher106

I also have a question, if the exp curve was lowered to make hitting 200 easier, by how much is it? Before the server went down for maintainance, I noticed my level 149 Bowmaster was level 149, and his Exp bar did not budge at all.
    They reduced exp required by 30%. It does not mean you will gain EXP or level because of the update. Your level will be kept same of course, but leveling up to 200 is made easier.

So you mean to tell me that with this new curve, they subtracted 30% of my total exp? from 1 to 149? That isn't right.
    There is an EXP curve so there wouldn't be much that's noticeable, but they probably adjusted your current EXP to keep it at the same %. (so if it required 1000 you had 490(49%) which would be 49 exp out of 100 to keep you at 49%) THESE NUMBERS ARE JUST MADE UP FOR THIS EXAMPLE.
    So it sounds like they did make it so you don't get the appropriate levels to compensate for the curve. Lovely. 120+ has been a nightmare, even worse with how I can't solo DIPQ at all, because there's NO content that helps surge through these levels.
    @Punisher106 What? No. that's not at all what it is. You aren't being punished. No compensation is necessary. No exp was taken away from your character at all.

They made it easier to level up, I don't understand why you feel the need for compensation for this.

Using made up numbers here but I hope you get the idea. Let's say that you are level 149 and that you need 10million exp to level up to 150. If you were at 35% exp to level up, you would have 3.5million experience and need 6.5million experience to level up to 150. Now, you will still be at 35% experience, and you will still need 65% experience to level up, but the total exp to level up was reduced to around 8million (I think in the 140s the exp to level was reduced by about 20% iirc). This means you would now only need 5.2million experience to level up instead of 6.5million.

This change does absolutely nothing but help your character. Why would you even want compensation for a completely positive change?
  • TalklaTalkla
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    RyderG
    RyderG said:

hi all
    Hello!~
  • Punisher106Punisher106
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    gamechanger

Punisher106

AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Punisher106

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Punisher106

I also have a question, if the exp curve was lowered to make hitting 200 easier, by how much is it? Before the server went down for maintainance, I noticed my level 149 Bowmaster was level 149, and his Exp bar did not budge at all.
    They reduced exp required by 30%. It does not mean you will gain EXP or level because of the update. Your level will be kept same of course, but leveling up to 200 is made easier.

So you mean to tell me that with this new curve, they subtracted 30% of my total exp? from 1 to 149? That isn't right.
    There is an EXP curve so there wouldn't be much that's noticeable, but they probably adjusted your current EXP to keep it at the same %. (so if it required 1000 you had 490(49%) which would be 49 exp out of 100 to keep you at 49%) THESE NUMBERS ARE JUST MADE UP FOR THIS EXAMPLE.
    So it sounds like they did make it so you don't get the appropriate levels to compensate for the curve. Lovely. 120+ has been a nightmare, even worse with how I can't solo DIPQ at all, because there's NO content that helps surge through these levels.
    @Punisher106 What? No. that's not at all what it is. You aren't being punished. No compensation is necessary. No exp was taken away from your character at all.

They made it easier to level up, I don't understand why you feel the need for compensation for this.

Using made up numbers here but I hope you get the idea. Let's say that you are level 149 and that you need 10million exp to level up to 150. If you were at 35% exp to level up, you would have 3.5million experience and need 6.5million experience to level up to 150. Now, you will still be at 35% experience, and you will still need 65% experience to level up, but the total exp to level up was reduced to around 8million (I think in the 140s the exp to level was reduced by about 20% iirc). This means you would now only need 5.2million experience to level up instead of 6.5million.

This change does absolutely nothing but help your character. Why would you even want compensation for a completely positive change?
    What I mean is that, for example, if I had 240m exp, total, and before this curve change, you would need 260m to reach the next level. With the curve, it would drop that TNL to a number well below 240m, and all i'd need to do is smack a single monster, and I'd shoot up levels until I'm at the right point. My exp bar did not budge one bit.
  • AmentoyouAmentoyou
    edited November 2016
    Talkla
    Talkla said:

RyderG
    RyderG said:

hi all
    Hello!~
    hi
  • TheBadGuyTheBadGuy
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    I woke up.......................

still down.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    well it will be up eventually
  • UnagiSenpaiUnagiSenpai
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2016
    Well what to say..Didnt even go to my economi class today just for this..
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited December 2016
    KThxBaiNao

WE'RE LIVE. GOGOGO.

I'll forward whatever questions I have from you guys by 7 PM PST.

Hey @KThxBaiNao , did you managed to get information regarding Hard Magnus new drop restrictions?

It's long after 7pm PST =/
  • KidDischargeKidDischarge
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    oh