[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Worst Patch Preparation Ever?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited November 2016
    @AkihikoT_ Omg...-sobbing- I should just go to bed already.
  • JinseidonJinseidon
    Reactions: 310
    edited November 2016
    Lmao some of you guys make me laugh so much, it's not the end of the world guys, servers patch is extended, go take a nap, make some food, have a beer, drink some soda, watch some tv, play other games, relax, breathe, it'll be back up in no time.
    Luxx
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

It's quite sad how forums are created to communicate, yet they don't. A person posts in 'HELP AND SUPPORT' section and is told to go talk to customer support. Like. . . what's the point of forums existing at this point or that section in general if nothing is ever solved/posted. They really need to improve, there's too many to even mention on here.
    Try this.

Me and several players have been whining about getting such changes where these sections have more attention (there's at least more than a dozen threads on this issue) in the old forums.

For the bug reports I've made, only one third of them get resolved and the rest are shoved under the rug. I've been at a point where I bumped a thread several times to get some coverage but instead a moderator warns me not to bump the thread to "avoid getting banned for necro-bumping". I don't think that bug was fixed or forwarded on the old forums and I don't remember what bug it was. But my case and point, that's what you call bad customer support.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

There's a simple way around that, Blizzard found it out. You make a smaller portion apply to keep a closer eye on them (the account gets marked as a "tester" so you're always being monitored for gameplay) and make them agree to a specific TOS that warrants Life Time and IP bans on the account. You cross the line you're out. No question about it; and guess what? You hardly ever see people crossing that line with them. Granted you still do, but their population is a lot larger than Maple's and it's usually the same people that originally got banned trying to crawl back into the game.

So such a comment is just like saying they're too lazy to do it. It's still viable but it's easier to whine than work hard.

As to them taking to long and people being upset. It's understandable. Imagine you paid someone to fix your sink and they said it'll take 2-6 hours and then you turn around he's been staying with you for 3 days. It'll make anyone go " wth...?". The problem is If their maintenance time is 8 hours. that's an entire work shift. There's no reason it should take longer than that. If for some God awful reason it does You should probably have a dummy server scripted to the exact mirror of the live server in which you can "prep" the patch then move it to live. Would make their lives a lot easier considering you wouldn't be able to do everything you need to for a patch but you'd be able to plug in the coding and so on which should make their life a lot easier.

Then again.. that's moving into practicality and common sense... my bad i forgot 99% of people have thrown that out the window.

I don't think they want to perma ban anyone anymore since they let some banned accounts back on and are giving 2-3 warnings now.
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited November 2016
    Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

Lmao some of you guys make me laugh so much, it's not the end of the world guys, servers patch is extended, go take a nap, make some food, have a beer, drink some soda, watch some tv, play other games, relax, breathe, it'll be back up in no time.
    People like you cause Nexon to think that they are doing well. You need to speak up. We are doing this to improve the game and community for future purposes. We DO NOT want Hundreds and thousands of maintenance in the future to be same.

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited November 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

Yolo
    Yolo said:

Why not? They would be able to test the patch before it goes live, In turn we'd get shorter maintenance times and less bugs,
    Players have more likely abused the Tespia/Test Server rather than actually reporting such instances. If we were to have a test server it would have probably need to be between trusted players or popular streamers/video makers in order to be effective adding on a NDA with a less likely chance to fail.

However even with that, the MWLB (Maple Watch Leaf Brigade) and the recent MLC (Maple Leaf Council) was a failure due to the fact of certain small number of people appointed to those positions abused their powers such as breaking their NDA and leaking out classified information.

The only instance where I found this to be working in another Nexon community is Combat Arms with their #MakeCAGreatAgain campaign where they're going to launch Operation Janus for a big overhaul for their graphics update, UI, and getting-into-game queue system.
    I'd like to expand on my point. People who do not know how to play the game, should not be subjected to be invited to test servers unless they are properly guided. I guess this is why some bugs are not caught and fixed.
  • KMFKMF
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2016
    133t
    133t said:

I'm so disappointed... I was so hyped and looking forward to the halls of heroes chair but now i miss my first day of daily coins.
    I'm sure they will extend the event period, so you have nothing to worry about.

• RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited November 2016
    To those of you who think people are overreacting and should just patiently wait:

1. Get a part-time job at a restaurant or something

2. When a customer comes and orders his food, tell him that it will be done in, like, 20 minutes

3. After 20 minutes, go to him and say "Oh I'm sorry sir, but there was a problem with the ingredients and I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for a bit longer - but I cannot and will not tell how much longer it will take"

4. After the food is prepared, take it to him - but then throw it away and say "Oh I'm sorry sir, but there was a problem with the food and I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for another few hours - but I cannot and will not tell how much longer it will take"

5. If he complains, then say "Dude, it's not the end of the world. Obviously you have no idea how difficult and time-consuming cooking can be. Grow up, be patient and do something else while you're waiting"

See what happens.
    Gio1373
  • MidgardsormrMidgardsormr
    Reactions: 680
    edited November 2016
    XD lol as long as half of us ain't the customer
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

There's a simple way around that, Blizzard found it out. You make a smaller portion apply to keep a closer eye on them (the account gets marked as a "tester" so you're always being monitored for gameplay) and make them agree to a specific TOS that warrants Life Time and IP bans on the account. You cross the line you're out. No question about it; and guess what? You hardly ever see people crossing that line with them. Granted you still do, but their population is a lot larger than Maple's and it's usually the same people that originally got banned trying to crawl back into the game.

So such a comment is just like saying they're too lazy to do it. It's still viable but it's easier to whine than work hard.

As to them taking to long and people being upset. It's understandable. Imagine you paid someone to fix your sink and they said it'll take 2-6 hours and then you turn around he's been staying with you for 3 days. It'll make anyone go " wth...?". The problem is If their maintenance time is 8 hours. that's an entire work shift. There's no reason it should take longer than that. If for some God awful reason it does You should probably have a dummy server scripted to the exact mirror of the live server in which you can "prep" the patch then move it to live. Would make their lives a lot easier considering you wouldn't be able to do everything you need to for a patch but you'd be able to plug in the coding and so on which should make their life a lot easier.

Then again.. that's moving into practicality and common sense... my bad i forgot 99% of people have thrown that out the window.

I don't think they want to perma ban anyone anymore since they let some banned accounts back on and are giving 2-3 warnings now.
    I think it depends more of the infractions they caused than anything. Abusing the game in unintended ways is far worse than causing some lag in the game (auto banned for).
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

At the same time?
  • JinseidonJinseidon
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

People like you cause Nexon to think that they are doing well. You need to speak up. We are doing this to improve the game and community for future purposes. We DO NOT want Hundreds and thousands of maintenance in the future to be same.

Nexon is doing a good job, People like you need to just stop crying I highly doubt you could do a better job yourself updating the server, complaining isn't going to make them fix it any faster or use some sort of magic badabing badaboom update complete. You swear like the servers are down for weeks at a time. It's been down for less than 24 hours and you guys are losing yourselves. Talk about some issues
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    edited November 2016
    RedLeafHeart777

To those of you who think people are overreacting and should just patiently wait:

1. Get a part-time job at a restaurant or something

2. When a customer comes and orders his food, tell him that it will be done in, like, 20 minutes

3. After 20 minutes, go to him and say "Oh I'm sorry sir, but there was a problem with the ingredients and I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for a bit longer - but I cannot and will not tell how much longer it will take"

4. After the food is prepared, take it to him - but then throw it away and say "Oh I'm sorry sir, but there was a problem with the food and I'm afraid that you'll have to wait for another few hours - but I cannot and will not tell how much longer it will take"

5. If he complains, then say "Dude, it's not the end of the world. Obviously you have no idea how difficult and time-consuming cooking can be. Grow up, be patient and do something else while you're waiting"

See what happens.
    LOL this made my night :D I'm making this my background because it's exactly the problem we're having.
  • Hungry4PizzaHungry4Pizza
    Reactions: 1,260
    edited November 2016
    Petalmagic

Yolo
    Yolo said:

Petalmagic

Yolo
    Yolo said:

Aggraphine

Yolo
    Yolo said:

Aggraphine

It's as if the concept of things happening one way in a testing environment, then going completely pants-on-head bonkers weird once it's pushed live is unheard of to some people.
    BringBackTespia# MakeMapleGreatAgain#
    I doubt they'd bring back a test server if this has any merit to it.
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

The reason GMS doesn't have a test server anymore is people would take advantage of it, find the glitches but not tell about them to exploit them in the real game. This happened to the point it wasn't trustable anymore.
    Why not? They would be able to test the patch before it goes live, In turn we'd get shorter maintenance times and less bugs,
    Because people would ABUSE the power(find a glitch that gets you fast levels? Find a dupe exploit for your OP gear? People might not tell devs)...even though I would honestly do Tespia type stuff...with a full resume and even a really poorly written cover letter from Middle School....
    Well yeah they do not need to add EVERY bonobo to Tespia,

They could also add certain restrictions such as these examples~

1: Account still in good standing
    2: Meet a certain level or amount of characters on account (So if people do find exploits and abuse them it would be on their main account)
    3: Accounts made within the last few months cant apply for Tespia (possible newly made account's for the express purpose of finding said exploits/glitches)

Those are almost the same requirements for old Tespia...6 month account creation, certain level chars...good standing :T
    In Korea, your social security number is tied to your account. SO, if you DO misbehave, they will throw you in jail.
    This only works for us, if we do the same thing: Force SSN to be tied to the account. (I'm personally in favor of that because it puts an END to all hackers, and Tespia exploitation misbehavior.
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    edited November 2016
    AkihikoT_
    AkihikoT_ said:

Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

At the same time?
    I would just like to point out that I woke up this morning with the game in maintenance and now it's currently 10:44 PM and still in maintenance. If you tried to pull this off at any other job, you'd be fired on the spot. Realize this is some people's jobs.
  • WzerWzer
    edited November 2016
    Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

Nexon is doing a good job, People like you need to just stop crying I highly doubt you could do a better job yourself updating the server, complaining isn't going to make them fix it any faster or use some sort of magic badabing badaboom update complete. You swear like the servers are down for weeks at a time. It's been down for less than 24 hours and you guys are losing yourselves. Talk about some issues
    I wasn't really going to say this. . .Are you really that dumb? This kind of situation has been happening long enough to be acknowledged as a problem and yet you go "hey guys take it easy it will be done soon." I guess you do not know player's opinion takes big part in a creation of a game. Nexon at this point is not even trying to communicate with the players and go my-way.

Also,
    Do I work for Nexon to do the tasks? No, it's their profession to do those. It's quite dumb for you to say "I highly doubt you could do a better job yourself updating the server." Of course not, I don't study in coding or technology.
  • JinseidonJinseidon
    edited November 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

I wasn't really going to say this. . .Are you really that dumb? This kind of situation has been happening long enough to be acknowledged as a problem and yet you go "hey guys take it easy it will be done soon." I guess you do not know player's opinion takes big part in a creation of a game. Nexon at this point is not even trying to communicate with the players and go my-way.

Also,
    Do I work for Nexon to do the tasks? No, it's their profession to do those. It's quite dumb for you to say "I highly doubt you could do a better job yourself updating the server." Of course not, I don't study in coding or technology.
    Keep crying, it's funny.

I don't see you paying a monthly subscription to play the game, it's free to play.

You're the moron crying over a game that's been down for less than 24 hours. You're obviously are a low life with no job, living in your moms basement, stealing her credit card to buy NX.

Of course you don't study in coding or technology you're too dumb for that but since you don't understand I'll break it down for you, just because it's their profession it doesn't mean they're perfect, it doesn't say old release game updates, it's new updates moron, things happen that are out of their control. It's not a life and death situation but in this case, little kids such as yourself have nothing better to do than to sit around and cry and complain as to why the servers are down.

While you're crying, I'm laughing at you, while I'm drinking a nice cold beer watching Westworld.

Enjoy crying, because it's definitely making a difference.

Good day to you boy :)
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2016
    me reading this thread
    toothflushToymakerLuxx
  • MrsCuteMrsCute
    Reactions: 790
    edited November 2016
    Reminds me of that 2 day "Emergency maintenance" that we had several years ago.

Seeing how it's probably past their working hours, it's probably not going to be fixed until tomarrow.
    Have a good night everyone
  • WzerWzer
    edited November 2016
    Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

Wzer
    Wzer said:

Jinseidon
    Jinseidon said:

Also,
    Keep crying, it's funny.

I don't see you paying a monthly subscription to play the game, it's free to play.

You're the moron crying over a game that's been down for less than 24 hours. You're obviously are a low life with no job, living in your moms basement, stealing her credit card to buy NX.

Of course you don't study in coding or technology you're too dumb for that but since you don't understand I'll break it down for you, just because it's their profession it doesn't mean they're perfect, it doesn't say old release game updates, it's new updates moron, things happen that are out of their control. It's not a life and death situation but in this case, little kids such as yourself have nothing better to do than to sit around and cry and complain as to why the servers are down.

While you're crying, I'm laughing at you, while I'm drinking a nice cold beer watching Westworld.

Enjoy crying, because it's definitely making a difference.

Good day to you boy :)
    I wonder why it comes to flaming after talking about problem the Nexon has the whole time. Did you run out of points to deny the facts? Did you get mad for being called dumb on internet? You keep laughing, then you will eventually discover that you're the person you described above.

Don't feel in need to reply to you, so this will be my last reply.