[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• poppinbubblezpoppinbubblez
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    mileswhitts

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hey all - You're welcome to argue / debate, but please no personal attacks / name calling. We'll provide an update soon, but please abide by the forum guidelines / code of conduct.
    Can you define "soon" at all? Like, at allllll. That would definitely be helpful and quench some of these flames.
    to be honest it would douse every flame lol people would do whatever they need to overcome ETA you give lol
  • FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
    Reactions: 670
    edited November 2016
    isom
    isom said:

The number of Nexon apologists in this forum is amazing. The mental gymnastics that you people go through to defend Nexon even when time and time again they have proven to be arguably one of the most incompetent companies in the gaming industry is pathetic. Even just today they decided to air a live stream with people who don't even know how to play this game. Just wait for the same apologists to come back on the `15th when we get another round of delays.
    Nexon is a pretty bad corporation. The people we interact with in support and forums are not, they're just doing their hourly job. Same with the streamers. But the top brass won't see your posts, so just relax.
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Hey all - You're welcome to argue / debate, but please no personal attacks / name calling. We'll provide an update soon, but please abide by the forum guidelines / code of conduct.
    Really? you see personal attacks and name calling? i just saw disagreements and mild arguments and it seemed to be fixing its self to me. I haven't even been mildy offended in this thread
    Gio1373
  • FyrestormFyrestorm
    Reactions: 610
    edited November 2016

Okay so try something.... go onto steam and where it shows the "News" under maplestory, click view all news... Find the News that says "5th Job Advance Coming Soon" and click the link below that...

tried that it brings me to the site and it tells me to register now.... which i tried but it again says error

I'm sorry then... I'm not sure why it wont let you. For me just clicking that link allowed me to register without having to actually sign into maplestory. Any link would probably honestly do the same thing then... Even if you had one through an email from MS themselves =( I'm not sure how to get it

• Gio1373Gio1373
    Reactions: 1,405
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

I know a lot of people are quoting you and spamming with messages, but I do have to tell you that since no information is given at all people tend to roam and rant. Their minds wander and so on. Eventually they end up butting heads with someone else. It would honestly be better to leave bread crumbs to give people something to do and check on from time to time than just making it seem like Nexon is ignoring them altogether.

Coraline
    edited November 2016
    poppinbubblez

they have changed actually they have changed dramatically. Is it what people wish for of course not thats because the have to make a bigger change than most games from big bang to new classes to this, they have to change to keep there fans happy otherwise they wont be able to compete with other free to play games. and they wont answer those questions in the forums because its not easy, its actually sometimes impossible and its not that its unprofessional it that if they send out something saying we wont answer your questions people will feel some kind of way, even more so than they do now.There fighting an uphill battle because they have 4 games there working on across several servers not just gms so they have less people working on this game, hell they rante not that big to begin with so that doesnt help at all either
    then why promote a thread asking us if we have any questions, why bother having a bugs thread or a tech issue thread, if they have no intention of utilizing those things dont have them in the first place because then it just looks like self promoting lip service
  • RoaBeanRoaBean
    Reactions: 725
    edited November 2016
    urgghhh! pls fixxxx
  • FoolsPlayFoolsPlay
    Reactions: 670
    edited November 2016
    Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

I know a lot of people are quoting you and spamming with messages, but I do have to tell you that since no information is given at all people tend to roam and rant. Their minds wander and so on. Eventually they end up butting heads with someone else. It would honestly be better to leave bread crumbs to give people something to do and check on from time to time than just making it seem like Nexon is ignoring them altogether.

but nexon is just ignoring them altogether xD
  • saltyseaweedsaltyseaweed
    Reactions: 510
    edited November 2016
    EternalElf

Okay so 24 hour maintenance okay time to watch some walking dead
    omg i've been staring at the download bar on another game for hours now how didn't i thought about this like 3 hours ago. good idea.
  • ErraticEclipseErraticEclipse
    Reactions: 600
    edited November 2016
    Patience is a virtue my friends, and when you've been playing Online Games for a while you learn things like this happen. That's why I can say "This is normal, and I'm ok with it" Bad things happen all the time, and it's up to us as the player base to take it in stride and not devolve into mindless swarms of hatred when it does.

Or maybe we should all just riot like the fabled "Twitch Chat" when we can't play for a day.

Also I find it cute when people call me a "Nexon Apologist" for not being a nasty to the people trying to help us. :p

RithiaringayeenAarya
  • jajabingjajabing
    Reactions: 320
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

personally i haven't seen much of what i'd call anger or rage in this thread, some criticism but i am not in the least bit angry.I fully expect this from Nexon. I also know when the game does come up it will have other issues and the December 15th patch will likely be far worse. My only point was Nexon isn't improving in regards to this and it has never really changed. We are the their live testers, probably because they've decided it more cost efficient and effective then testing them self, My Complaint was the same one i have always had and have always voiced and will again until it improves or quit playing, Nexon's poor communication and follow up... go look at the bug forums or the technical issues forums and count how many responses and of that has generated.

Then our CM made a post on the 29th for the sole purpose of answering questions regarding this patch and as of yet has answered none of them. That was an open invitation to ask questions and then to just ignore them is unprofessional
    yea exactly , that's the word " unprofessional " , this is what they get paid for , and they just don't know shiit what they are doing and how running a business , there is no excuses for it , if the patch is not ready then just don't release it or just tell ppl that maintenance needs 24 hours so ppl wouldn't have to expect about it maybe not have to be home for that , they could still have fun somewhere else, this is just unprofessional let their consumer being so pissed about it , lets say if it taking 30 min maybe 1 hour extra would be acceptable because we understand ppl made mistakes , but this is like not a mistake this is a whole another patch time .
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    edited November 2016
    PlasticHolly

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Really? you see personal attacks and name calling? i just saw disagreements and mild arguments and it seemed to be fixing its self to me. I haven't even been mildy offended in this thread
    Then again isn't personal attacks and name calling completely subjective? Someone could imply that you're being dumb or blindsided and yet be perceived as if they're calling you dumb. What one considers a personal attack another might just be having fun.. yeah.. i'm talking about you trolls... < by having no clear break in my ideas it almost blurs as if i'm calling you a troll. Even more so if you were say already heated and bothered by an extraordinarily long maintenance time.
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Just relax, put on some music and clean your room,house or bike, go eat,make coffee....there sooo many things you can do while waiting :D
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited November 2016
    Coraline
    Coraline said:

Just relax, put on some music and clean your room,house or bike, go eat,make coffee....there sooo many things you can do while waiting :D
    but we ant to plaaayy :(
  • KingDragonKingDragon
    Reactions: 2,005
    edited November 2016

ringayeenReturnedNoobbladenameDSpellGuyStarrySWolf
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    edited November 2016
    FoolsPlay
    FoolsPlay said:

Gio1373
    Gio1373 said:

OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

but nexon is just ignoring them altogether xD
    That good Sir is another story for another time. I can guarantee you though it's not maple flavored though. It would probably taste like bitter CEOs and poor judgement calls. Probably a little greed and ignorance too.
  • RithiaRithia
    Reactions: 725
    edited November 2016
    Kisj
    Kisj said:

Coraline
    Coraline said:

Just be patient. All of us want to play right now but all we can do is be patient and hope things get fixed.
    DabTooStrong
    edited November 2016
    on a more serious not why isnt this Blue potion filling me kinesis PP bar so i can use skills, and why can't i equip a secondary weapon on my shade or make it attack
    MadeYaLook
  • Gio1373Gio1373
    edited November 2016
    ErraticEclipse

Patience is a virtue my friends, and when you've been playing Online Games for a while you learn things like this happen. That's why I can say "This is normal, and I'm ok with it" Bad things happen all the time, and it's up to us as the player base to take it in stride and not devolve into mindless swarms of hatred when it does.

Or maybe we should all just riot like the fabled "Twitch Chat" when we can't play for a day.

Also I find it cute when people call me a "Nexon Apologist" for not being a nasty to the people trying to help us. :p

I wouldn't call you that. You're tailoring more to people rather than defending Nexon. Although, I disagree and can't say that this is just a bad thing happening as it happens much too frequently and for too long of an interval with Nexon.
  • AkihikoT_AkihikoT_
    Reactions: 1,315
    edited November 2016
    Just wondering are people at Nexon going to ac
    Kisj
    Kisj said:

Coraline
    Coraline said:

I just wanna get on to tell my friend happy birthday, though it's no longer his birthday.