[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• QuarentineQuarentine
    Reactions: 220
    edited December 2016
    Not bashing nexon... but I've thought the same thing before. gets frustrating waiting sometimes. Can't imagine how frustrating it is to fix the crap.
    ShadyNero
  • TheOmniVoltTheOmniVolt
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2016
    Quarentine

How to kill the next 2 hours.... hm...
    You could do as i am and re watch all of breaking bad...
    Seems better than the first time i watched it...
  • StoovsStoovs
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

That's a very positive way to look at it. But I'd like to point out a few things. The first is that with this being a game that is available 24 hours a day, it is likely that they have staff available 24 hours a day, perhaps even working remotely from different time zones. Rather than the daytime staff losing sleep over this, it's more likely that it just falls on the people who would already have been working anyway.

Then I'd very much like to critique this. Yes, you are correct that this is in-fact a game that is accessible 24 hours a day (barring maintenance, etc) but that doesn't mean that it is nearly as well staffed during the deadzone as it is during peak, which would make sense. Nexon isn't going to pay people to be less productive. Instead they are less staffed during the dead hours of the day and going on the assumption that anyone who is currently left to manage the server and anything that might happen should surely be able to handle it because it should be on a much smaller scale.
  • CarthagerCarthager
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    ange1DoII
    ange1DoII said:

Carthager
    Carthager said:

~~ My Post ~~
    pretty sure they are extending the event by 4 days i read it somewhere.
    Nope, they are only extending the Play V event (as in the message of OneLetter), not the Hi-Five box event. And still, if they'd just extend that box-event, the same players would have a smaller compensation then all the other Maplers. And that while they are probably hit harder.

• EditEdit
    Reactions: 810
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    And to think I stayed up till 3am, only to find out it's been extended to 5am. Okay Nexon, I'll wait another 12 hours :)
    ringayeen
  • ShadyNeroShadyNero
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2016
    Stoovs
    Stoovs said:

ShadyNero
    ShadyNero said:

That's a very positive way to look at it. But I'd like to point out a few things. The first is that with this being a game that is available 24 hours a day, it is likely that they have staff available 24 hours a day, perhaps even working remotely from different time zones. Rather than the daytime staff losing sleep over this, it's more likely that it just falls on the people who would already have been working anyway.

Then I'd very much like to critique this. Yes, you are correct that this is in-fact a game that is accessible 24 hours a day (barring maintenance, etc) but that doesn't mean that it is nearly as well staffed during the deadzone as it is during peak, which would make sense. Nexon isn't going to pay people to be less productive. Instead they are less staffed during the dead hours of the day and going on the assumption that anyone who is currently left to manage the server and anything that might happen should surely be able to handle it because it should be on a much smaller scale.
    Fair enough.
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.
    Take your time, and keep up the great work. I'm sorry to the team for having to stay there all day and night. :( Will likely send a pizza sometime tomorrow or Friday.
  • TelleSmithTelleSmith
    Reactions: 665
    edited December 2016
    As a wise angry mob once said: Rabble Rabble Rabble
  • MadeYaLookMadeYaLook
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Now I don't get to play for another 21 hours because of work =(. Ah well. Spent my day off not playing maple for once lol.
  • uzumakialiuzumakiali
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    man i lost about 5 time in dota 2 just to come and find out maplestory is still offline :*(
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited December 2016
    2 more hours hmm
    makes me kind of want to hook up one my classic game consoles... well original systems...
    but then again i think it will take me 2hours to find the parts to hook it up no idea were the power/to tv cords are...

could so 100% speed run a game or 2 in this time...
    dont push yourselves to hard maple team take your time
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Whats the time were you all live ? here in Holland its 12.15 in the early afternoon :D
    myrojinRasenganjedi
  • MDenhamMDenham
    edited December 2016
    evns
    evns said:

so whats going to happen to the 2x exp that was supposed to start in 1 hour?
    First block of 2x EXP/drops isn't supposed to start for another 6h45m.

• xProNoobxxProNoobx
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.
    Ah wells, it's okay, just don't work too hard
  • TemptationTemptation
    Reactions: 1,575
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    When you see a stream like the last one when the staff doesn't even know how to use pots, doesn't know how to keybind skills or use teleport (they were using jump to move on a battlemage) you just expect things go for the worse, I 've always expect that in this patch was going to happen major crap and the maintance would take 24h ...
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    Coraline
    Coraline said:

Whats the time were you all live ? here in Holland its 12.15 in the early afternoon :D
    3:18 am
    Coraline
  • SohaiTheSaltySohaiTheSalty
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Coraline
    Coraline said:

12:20 in Sweden.
    Coraline
  • CarlCarl
    edited December 2016
    dont want to be rude but in these years Nexon should learn something from other game companies. Most of the game companies runes test server before each big update in order to fix bugs before the patch released. Even there are some bugs after official release the patch, they will be able to HOT FIX w/o restart the server(Blizzard has been doing that about 3years ago)
    TelleSmith
  • xProNoobxxProNoobx
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    Temptation

When you see a stream like the last one when the staff doesn't even know how to use pots, doesn't know how to keybind skills or use teleport (they were using jump to move on a battlemage) you just expect things go for the worse, I 've always expect that in this patch was going to happen major crap and the maintance would take 24h ...
    well some devs are just code wizards, doesn't mean that they're very good gamers... I mean, sure, using pots, teleporting etc etc are pretty basic stuff, but I'm pretty sure most of them hasn't even gamed most of the time because they need to maintain the servers...so don't be so harsh on them yeah, they're trying their absolute best in this maintenance already :)
    ringayeenErraticEclipse
  • kaitoooooohkaitooooooh
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    I honestly really love how in depth this announcement is. Usu
    ally its my only complaint about maintenance times since they almost always give fantastic compensation ^^