[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• genji123genji123
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2016
    Narguz
    Narguz said:

From reading most of the comments here you can come to a conclusion that people don't have any idea how projects and implementing them work.
    It seems like neither do you. They have a test client and they most likely tested this or should have tested it weeks in advance. Pro tip: Nexon NA programmers have no idea what they are doing. The NA tech support are most likely calling Korea Nexon HQ right now panicking for assistance.
  • Celest4Celest4
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2016
    Wish they also would use the gmt timestamp, always need to calculate what times! Grabbing popcorn.
    xProNoobx
  • xProNoobxxProNoobx
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    Coraline
    Coraline said:

Whats the time were you all live ? here in Holland its 12.15 in the early afternoon :D
    7:30
    Coraline
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,630
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    powqw113 said:

dont want to be rude but in these years Nexon should learn something from other game companies. Most of the game companies runes test server before each big update in order to fix bugs before the patch released. Even there are some bugs after official release the patch, they will be able to HOT FIX w/o restart the server(Blizzard has been doing that about 3years ago)
    They do use test servers before opening the game back to the public.
    Just there's some things test servers can't pick up on, but player volume does...
    So have a little patience. It's better to have a running game, rather than a game that has to constantly close for emergency maintenences
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.

=========================

Hello all,

Thank you all for being incredibly patient as our team has been working on this Unscheduled Maintenance for MapleStory. We fully understand how excited all of you are to play MapleStory, and we want to provide you all with an update that contains as much detailed information we can share at this point with regard to current progress, and some future timings.

We’re currently aiming to re-open around 3AM PST on December 1st, or about 3 hours from the time of this post. If this planned timing changes, we’ll provide an update with adjusted timing.

We also wanted to go into more detail regarding what issues caused this Unscheduled Maintenance, along with compensation details for each issue.

Issue 1: Item Stats

Issue: Items claimed from Frederick before the Unscheduled Maintenance that had enhancements such as Star Force, Potential, etc have had some of these enhancements removed. A couple hundred Maplers were affected by this issue.

Fix: As of the end of maintenance, this issue will be fixed, but the affected Maplers will be temporarily blocked from the game until tomorrow so that we can properly restore their items. The exact time for completion is not yet available for this.

Compensation: These affected Maplers will be given:
    - Six 1-hour 2x EXP Coupons (7 day)
    - Six 1-hour 2x Drop Coupons (7 day)
    - Two Red Cubes (7 day)
    - One 7-day Hired Merchant (Mushroom House Elf)

Issue 2: Critical Damage

Issue: Players who equipped items that contained Critical Damage stats and Nebulites, were able to do billions of damage.

Fix: We will be disabling Critical Damage obtained from Nebulites until the planned patch / maintenance on December 15th

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Issue 3: Character Creation Issues

Issue: Some Maplers were unable to create new characters after today’s patch.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: None for this particular issue.

Issue 4: Play V Reward Event Timer

Issue: The Play V Rewards Event Timer was not functioning correctly, thus not allowing Maplers to advance beyond the first 30 min. reward.

Fix: This has been corrected during this Unscheduled Maintenance.

Compensation: Please see the comprehensive compensation breakdown at the bottom of this post.

Based on the issues above, we felt it was necessary to take the game down and correct those issues, and as mentioned, we do plan to provide compensation to all Maplers.

Compensation for All Maplers:

- The Play V Event will be extended by 4 days with the December 15th Maintenance.
    - All Maplers will receive 30 V Coins
    - Cash Shop items will receive a 48-hour extension.
    - In addition to the planned weekend 2x EXP and Drop event, we’re going to start it early across Thursday and Friday. The times will be:

Thursday, December 1, 2016
    - PST: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
    - EST: 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    - CET: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 2)
    - AEDT: 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 2) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 2)

Friday, December 2, 2016
    - PST: 12:00 AM – 3:00 AM & 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM & 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
    - EST: 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM & 9:00 PM – 12:00 AM
    - CET: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM & 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 3:00 AM – 6:00 AM (Dec. 3)
    - AEDT: 7:00 PM – 10:00 PM & 5:00 AM – 8:00 AM (Dec. 3) & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM (Dec. 3)

Thank you all again for your patience and understanding while we correct these issues. We look forward to seeing you all on the servers again shortly.
    bringing this back, so y'all don't have to search through pages
  • KisjKisj
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited December 2016
    why do i get the feeling the second these servers come back online they'll crash due to over logging?
  • KJSteeleKJSteele
    Reactions: 480
    edited December 2016
    So, instead of 2 hours it's 3 hours? K...
  • CarlCarl
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Sparklee
    Sparklee said:

powqw113 said:

dont want to be rude but in these years Nexon should learn something from other game companies. Most of the game companies runes test server before each big update in order to fix bugs before the patch released. Even there are some bugs after official release the patch, they will be able to HOT FIX w/o restart the server(Blizzard has been doing that about 3years ago)
    They do use test servers before opening the game back to the public.
    Just there's some things test servers can't pick up on, but player volume does...
    So have a little patience. It's better to have a running game, rather than a game that has to constantly close for emergency maintenences
    Thats the point of test servers, it didnt open up to public, at least I didnt see one. With low population on the test server means there is much lower chance to pick up the bugs. BTW I am be waiting since the server started to maintenance, I have patient trust me and now this is kinda what I expected. NEXON needs to improve itself.
  • LabdoLabdo
    Reactions: 1,355
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    so 1hr 25 more mins to go...
  • KisjKisj
    edited December 2016
    Labdo
    Labdo said:

so 1hr 25 more mins to go...
    Hah! you wish my friend, take the whole day to be safe that way you won't be disappointed in 1 hour and 25 mins
    Coraline
  • The_DuchessThe_Duchess
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    So annoying that since the merge of Europe the maintance is during the day so we can't play... now I can't play for two days already.
    I waited from 15:00-1:00 nothing... and now I wanna play still nothing.
  • Yuellie16Yuellie16
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    Much disappointment. Wished I could've logged on before I head to school but guess not ;\ Though work hard on the maintenance guys! Soon everyone will be able to log on and enjoy everything c:
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited December 2016
    at least for the few minutes that we did get on at least we got to se the new UI, I think it looks great, really sleek.
    KisjAarya
  • KisjKisj
    edited December 2016
    KingStarfire

at least for the few minutes that we did get on at least we got to se the new UI, I think it looks great, really sleek.
    that it surely does, IMO it's better organized
    bfreno
  • bfrenobfreno
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

[UPDATE - 2:55 AM] - While we had been aiming for 3AM PST, the team will need a bit more time, and we are now aiming for 5 AM PST, an extension of 2 hours. Once again, we appreciate your patience during this extended downtime.
    Posting a 2 hour extension 5 mins before the ETA is not cool. You'd have some idea more time was needed much earlier than 5 mins before the end. It's 2 hours, not 30 mins.

I don't mind the delays, but telling us 5 mins before we expect to log in is only going to make people more upset.
  • CactrotCactrot
    Reactions: 565
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I appreciate the transparency that's going on with this patch and hope that it's a sign of future things to come.
    bfrenoxProNoobx
  • DrudenDruden
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    You can do it guys! Just keep working. As for the little children in this thread, go outside, maybe breathe some fresh air. Or you know, complain more.
  • FreexerFreexer
    Reactions: 415
    edited December 2016
    I understand how things can screw up. Yes they should have bigger test servers and what not.
    What I dont understand is why not give a definitive answer on when they will be back online? Its like when you are running late to meet up with someone. If you tell them you are 10 min away but actually you are more like 20-30 mins. They will get pissed of because in that time they could have done something. If Nexon was able to give a definitive answer on when the servers would be back up. People would be happier. Even if they think it will be around 2 hours. But they say 3hrs. People will at least be able to work around it and will ultimately be happier.
    xProNoobx
  • xSokoxSoko
    Reactions: 850
    edited December 2016
    no information - complains
    information about update (ok they have a problem, so what?) - complains too
    people always dissatisfied...
  • CoralineCoraline
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Oke then....time to play Diablo 3 :D