[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Nov. 30, 2016

Comments

• CarlCarl
    Reactions: 640
    edited December 2016
    Angeló
    Angeló said:

Everyone saying "Nexon is doing bad business" and "omg Nexon so bad company". Try to remember this. Nexon is providing you with FREE, CONTENT. I repeat.

FREE, CONTENT.

The game itself is not a business, i'ts mainly about how much time do you spend on the game that determines your progress.

And if you want to direct yourselves to "BUT THE CASSHOP BLUBLUBLUH I PAID BIHG MONIS FOR TIS GAEM"

It's entirely optional, none of it hinders your gameplay but it mainly consists of "i want to spend less time doing the things i can do for free so i will pay for it". You wanted to pay for something witihin their free product and so you did, nobody forced you.

My point being stop crying like goddamn children and appreciate that EVEN THOUGH the product is ENTIRELY FREE, Nexon is working nonstop in trying to fix the issue and decides constantly that instead of giving you a faulty product they rather take the hit from all the little kiddies crying over extended maintenance than actually letting their FREE PRODUCT be faulty.
    Hey son, understand what is business then talk. If Nexon doesnt want make money from it then tell me why there is a such thing called Cash Shop? On business side, I totally understand why Nexon keep doing this after years and years, its called PROFIT. If one product can still make good amount of money, why Nexon spend more money to improve it?
    PS: You are the children who need to stop complaining the people who are complaining.
  • FreexerFreexer
    Reactions: 415
    edited December 2016
    Druden
    Druden said:

Freexer
    Freexer said:

I understand how things can screw up. Yes they should have bigger test servers and what not.
    What I dont understand is why not give a definitive answer on when they will be back online?
    You're not a coder, you wouldn't understand. As someone stated, code breaks, or code works then suddenly breaks and conflicts. They are trying, just play another game.
    Ummmm hence why you over quote your time estimated. As I said I know things screw up and not easy to do. Just over estimate time. If you come on early, ppl will be happy.
  • ReznovicReznovic
    Reactions: 310
    edited December 2016

Keep up the good word guys, Its allot of work readying a patch to deploy in only a few hours!

You mean in a few days maybe?
    sustained
  • S2kBryS2kBry
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    aint nobody got time for this
  • TelleSmithTelleSmith
    Reactions: 665
    edited December 2016
    Ridittos
    Ridittos said:

try making the community happy and give everyone a free 15k maplepoints
    ^ YES PLS
    sustainedDiannikaringayeen
  • ringayeenringayeen
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited December 2016
    S2kBry
    S2kBry said:

then leave, my dude
    Bruuh
  • MistbornMistborn
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Longest patch in gaming history. Maplestory is truly legendary.
  • CactrotCactrot
    Reactions: 565
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Well I was hoping to play before work but it looks like that's not happening. OTOH, I still might get some time in today.

• ToxicBunnyToxicBunny
    Reactions: 440
    edited December 2016
    So are we going to get further extended down time or an accurate time ?
  • AdoxumAdoxum
    edited December 2016
    I want to plaaaaay.
  • sustainedsustained
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    this is so fukcing pathetic LMAO
  • bfrenobfreno
    Reactions: 820
    edited December 2016
    Diannika
    Diannika said:

Just want to say thank you for keeping us updated, even if the news you have to share sucks. It's appreciated that you are keeping us informed.
    Just appreciate a bit more of a heads up rather than dash our hopes so close to the deadline.
    muhha
  • S2kBryS2kBry
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    ringayeen
    ringayeen said:

S2kBry
    S2kBry said:

then leave, my dude
    u got 1 eyebrow
  • GreenSoap1GreenSoap1
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited December 2016
    ToxicBunnylolicomplexCarlDsideLilyflower
  • AnkletsAnklets
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    Yeah this kinda proves my point. They knew they were gonna wait til the morning once the programmers and coders came into work at 5 and give them a couple hours to get the new minor patch ready and go through it. Definitely didn't work on anything all evening and early morning I can almost guarantee. Now its just straight up lying and having this Oneletter dude and the CM telling us BS basically so they don't look bad. Like I said earlier just tell people the real time you expect everything to be done, its pretty simple like why lie? The constant extensions are comical at this point and make you guys look way worse than if you give a bigger time frame to work with and just finish earlier.
    sustained
  • sustainedsustained
    Reactions: 430
    edited December 2016
    bfreno
    bfreno said:

Diannika
    Diannika said:

Just want to say thank you for keeping us updated, even if the news you have to share sucks. It's appreciated that you are keeping us informed.
    Just appreciate a bit more of a heads up rather than dash our hopes so close to the deadline.
    Honestly, it would have been 100% better to say "hey we aren't really sure when we'll have the patch ready."

bfreno
  • JayanglesJayangles
    Reactions: 1,300
    edited December 2016
    I really do feel for the situation.
    Think about how hard they are working, constantly fighting codes, overnight.
    Think about all the urgent meetings that they had to pull at 3:30 am in the morning.
    All the decision makings and frustration, knowing how it will hurt many determined maplers who's been waiting since 4:00pm yesterday full of excitement.
    For that; let us all show our gratitude for their hard determined work and commend them for their effort.
    Let us all pray that holy maple admins drop the sorry4thew8 mixtape on us featuring miracle time and marvel machine :D
    As an economist, a firm can simply mitigate the situation by offering premiums that would allow both the consumers and the producers to be left with a surplus. Consumers can benefit by taking advantage of the given features and premiums, while the frim generates profit. In essence, the firm is able to satisfy the angry customers while being profitable.
    ringayeen
  • SimbaXSimbaX
    edited December 2016
    I (as well as many others) probably would not mind this long maintenance at all if the x2 was just made to be for the entirety of today and tomorrow, instead of those wonky hours that plenty of players can't enjoy due to work/school. :(
  • lolicomplexlolicomplex
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    this is some pretty good sauce im getting flashbacks from when 4th job first came out
  • SircaptainSircaptain
    Reactions: 740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    sustained
    sustained said:

bfreno
    bfreno said:

Diannika
    Diannika said:

Honestly, it would have been 100% better to say "hey we aren't really sure when we'll have the patch ready."

So you honestly would prefer the until further notice for x hours long?