[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Unscheduled Maintenance] Dec 1, 2016

Comments

• xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

I also think extremely highly skilled coders and etc won't work for companies like Nexon, they find better jobs that pay over 6 figures. For example in IT security, IBM and so on, something that you can tell your parents proudly I work for Herjavec Group instead of "Mom I work for Nexon/ Maplestory" If I told my co workers I play maplestory and if they look it up, and they would roll on the floor laughing. That's why There are 2 things I'll never tell my co workers, I play maplestory and I watch anime.
    No shame In the game though Ren! I tell my co workers I'm the laziest guy in the world, who does nothing but sit at home and dump hours into videogames. Video Games For Life!
    I remember when I was in college and asian people find out I play maple, I'm never going to forget the embarrassment lol.
  • lizzybethlizzybeth
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited December 2016
    Treeki
    Treeki said:

Can we PLEASE just get some kind of ETA. I don't care if it's 10 hours. I just want to know if I should be awake right now or go the to bed yaffeeeeeeeeel me dog.
    agreed id be okay with a 10hr eta I just want to know if I should sleep or wait

• iSublimeiSublime
    Reactions: 410
    edited December 2016
    Wzer
    Wzer said:

gameplayer70

Stellar
    Stellar said:

That's where you are wrong. It is the staffs fault. They've had plenty of time, if not weeks, to test the content before they were going to release it. They've had plenty of time to prepare proper servers for the mess of players that were going to come back for one of the biggest updates of MapleStory's career. I'll give you that code does break from time to time without reason and is definitely a mess when it comes to finding out the problem but remind you... they do this every single patch that comes out. Maybe one or two they've been good on but they shouldn't be screwing up every patch. Do you know why experts are called experts? They have significant knowledge of their field and know so much about it. There are time for mistakes and to learn from them but it seems like in this case they are not learning from their mistakes. Things are not being tested as thoroughly as they should be. Nexon needs to know that they're doing something wrong because if everyone keeps telling them it's "okay", this will just keep repeating over and over again because they know the player base will be cool with it. They lack the costumer service and communication they used to have.
    Coding is only partially remembering how past mistakes were fixed and then correcting them, but it's not always as easy as doing the same thing that has been done before. Anyone who codes also has to make sure that the code works similarly across most operating systems, with everyone having desktops or laptops, differences in graphics cards, anyone who uses special hardware/software for handicaps, etc. Technology constantly upgrades and current games need to keep up. Also like other people have said, there needs to be communication with Nexon Korea to keep them up to date and to get advice on what could possibly be done to fix the issues
    Can you just stop posting about information that we don't care about anymore? Probably will save good amount of time. You also just said GMS needs "advice" from KMS to fix the issues, so you just countered your own argument. Stop here, it's about to become pathetic.
    I second this guy.
  • Riku593Riku593
    Reactions: 570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Treeki
    Treeki said:

Can we PLEASE just get some kind of ETA. I don't care if it's 10 hours. I just want to know if I should be awake right now or go the to bed yaffeeeeeeeeel me dog.
    I agree, I would highly prefer knowing than constantly wondering

• DefuzzedDefuzzed
    Reactions: 320
    edited December 2016
    Guys,

It doesn't matter much to me. I gotta pull an all nighter for assignments and studying in college anyways. cri cri.
    Jinsune
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited December 2016
    Midgardsormr

Well, does this mean they broke their record of maintenance?
    no clue, any idea what their record is/was?
    shogun808
    shogun808 said:

well you guys are dropping the ball big time, really 2 days of maintenance? and all you gave us was 30 v coins and pushed the exp event up one day but still left it at only 3 hours? thats pretty sad customer service. and you guys keep giving us a time frame and keep extending it for hours. what a shame. at least tell us it'll be a whole day maintenance
    if I recall right, 2 years ago they had a similar issue in the winter month of December and the game was down for 2 days and some change, they did an 24 hour saturday x2 event if I recall right to help compensate the issue of down time. I'm merely curious if that's do-able as we have the current event going that is tied to leveling up.

I just hope they're fixing other issues/bugs while having the game down again.
  • xRenZiiexRenZiie
    Reactions: 675
    edited December 2016
    For the people that are in college and maple is releasing 5th job around finals week. Haha sukas you gotta CHOOSEEEEE
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    dizco
    dizco said:

Treeki
    Treeki said:

that's what im saying
    Not a good idea. Even if they announce the ETA; if they fail to complete in time it will make people more annoyed. Better to not make promises you cannot keep.

• bladenamebladename
    Reactions: 485
    edited December 2016
    Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

bladename
    bladename said:

Onyxade
    Onyxade said:

Niiiiice. Any of you guys play in Scania? I know I saw Ren earlier. I'm trying to push for 200 by tomorrow/Saturday.
    Hey i play on scania im pushing to 200 2 :)
    Whats your character name? I'll add ya :D
    Bladexname
  • OnyxadeOnyxade
    Reactions: 330
    edited December 2016
    xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

For the people that are in college and maple is releasing 5th job around finals week. Haha sukas you gotta CHOOSEEEEE
    I think the choice is obvious :D
  • SupahNoodleSupahNoodle
    Reactions: 810
    edited December 2016
    lizzybeth
    lizzybeth said:

Fuzzies
    Fuzzies said:

bets on maintenance tomorrow?
    I bet 50mill
    Ill raise that bet to 250 mil to the first taker if we dont have maintence tomorrow. Im TeaAitchSea on yellonde so you can hold me to it.

DrayvenX
  • guest1811111guest1811111
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    just tried to log in and oh look another extension! how shocking! what's next? they extend again saying they don't know how to add the servers? or lighten the load? give it a rest already! bring the game back up and learn how to do things the right way and not the fast way. there shouldn't have been any reason to have this maintenance in the first place. Common sense would indicate that the servers couldn't handle the stress. and that before any major update that may take almost 24 hours to set up that the company would beef up the servers to handle the stress that they would get hit with. This is just gross stupidity. it's not the players fault that nexon is not prepared for them. it's all on nexon and they need to admit it and get it right the first time and not 6 times later. We the players are the ones being punished for nexon's lack of preparation for this update and all future ones to come. Nothing is going to change here. don't expect it. they don't care enough to make sure that what they are going to do is right and player ready. I say stop funding them and see what they do. maybe just maybe they will apologize for being stupid and do things right. I'll bet that KMS doesn't have half the problems that we do! can anyone guess why?
    GMSDillon
  • KitCatTenKitCatTen
    Reactions: 760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Every time I press refresh, I die a little more inside...
  • gameplayer70gameplayer70
    Reactions: 750
    edited December 2016
    At this point, I am ashamed of being part of this fanbase, not because of Nexon, but because of how greedy and impatient everyone is. Get a job programming for a well-known online game company and see how often you have to fix problems. Probably 80% of doing a programming job is fixing problems. Not only that, but you can only estimate how long it will take to fix a problem because you can't tell right away if something you do fixes it or not. Not only that, but you have to deal with complaints like these from ungrateful players with a smile even if you want to sink your claws into them. These people get paid well for good reason, for their efforts and for their patience.
    KingStarfire
  • WzerWzer
    Reactions: 905
    edited December 2016
    gameplayer70

At this point, I am ashamed of being part of this fanbase, not because of Nexon, but because of how greedy and impatient everyone is. Get a job programming for a well-known online game company and see how often you have to fix problems. Probably 80% of doing a programming job is fixing problems. Not only that, but you can only estimate how long it will take to fix a problem because you can't tell right away if something you do fixes it or not. Not only that, but you have to deal with complaints like these from ungrateful players with a smile even if you want to sink your claws into them. These people get paid well for good reason, for their efforts and for their patience.
    Go thank them, we don't care. Go side with Nexon, we don't care. Keep typing, we won't care.
    lizzybethStellar
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited December 2016
    I'm having a mild laugh at all the new posters and their first posts are whining about the game being down. I understand it's upsetting [heck I got like 2 hours on my day off today to play, and then the game goes unscheduled on us], but really? your first post(s) are just whining about the game being down again. It's a big patch, there's been quite a few bugs that they've still yet to fix from it [I'm not counting previous bugs, some o f which only affect a few or areas that very few people go to] - hopefully they'll have it fixed before Saturday when most players will be on. If you've got this much time on your hands, go do something productive - read a book, catch up on some shows, do laundry. Get some rest.
    xRenZiie
    xRenZiie said:

I also do think they never upgraded their severs.

could have sworn they did so within the last 3 years, I recall the game being down for 12 hours or something pertaining to servers [maybe it was a back up being made]
  • guest1811111guest1811111
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited December 2016
    [Update] Maintenance for MapleStory will be extended until further notice. Please check back here for updates.

i am checking you aren't giving! update us for christ sake
    lizzybeth
  • BingJingLinBingJingLin
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    welp I didn't claim the 30 V coins gifted to me yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I hope it's still there when I get back tomorrow. Goodnight Nexon (。-ω-)zzz
  • RyuhikoRyuhiko
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited December 2016
    Nexon please add an extra 3-5 hours to all of your ETA's so atleast for once you will release something ON TIME
  • TangoFoxtrotTangoFoxtrot
    Reactions: 710
    edited December 2016
    AHHHHH i need a life