[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A message about KThxBaiNao

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2016
    Aggraphine

There goes the CM who actually tried to interact with the community he was tasked to manage ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know any details about this, but this feels very much like a poor decision on Nexon's part.
    This reminds me of the professors of Harry Potter.
    Bahamut_XPirateIzzy
  • RayKudaRayKuda
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited December 2016
    Chow
    Chow said:

Press F to pay respects.

HMU with that job application page tho :3c
    https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NEXON&cws=1&rid=675
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    So what's going to happen with that MS paint contest he was hosting?
    Maryse
  • HothamburgerHothamburger
    Reactions: 590
    edited December 2016
    That is a game-breaking bug caused by an error in the code which is completely out of his control. Nexon would have to be run by complete and total idiots to fire the best CM they've had in a while over something that he had absolutely no part in causing.
    NyaralmpaleLilyflower
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    Daxterbeer

This reminds me of the professors of Harry Potter.
    For Voldemort and valor.
  • Astr0nautsAstr0nauts
    Reactions: 730
    edited December 2016
    JetUppercut

So what's going to happen with that MS paint contest he was hosting?
    All the submissions are probably going to be denied now. Due to them all being violent.
    NyaraLilyflower
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2016
    While he will be missed from his position, I hope to continue seeing him around as any other player. Thank you for your service, @KThxBaiNao .
    Its2Sharp4USilentoIvangold
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I feel really sorry for KThxBaiNao right now. If he stepped down willingly, I wish the best for him. If not, this was an extremely poor decision by Nexon.
    Kingopirates
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited December 2016
    Heeey, Nexon. How's about hiring me as a CM? I need a job to help pay for college, and I'm memerific enough to manage the community. ;D
  • Kanjo159Kanjo159
    Reactions: 930
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Welp. Hopefully we get a another person as good as KThxBaiNao.
    edited December 2016
    AaronHusky

I feel really sorry for KThxBaiNao right now. If he stepped down willingly, I wish the best for him. If not, this was an extremely poor decision by Nexon.
    Almost 100% chance he did not leave willingly. Had he left willingly, we would likely have received this announcement from the man himself.
    lmpaleIts2Sharp4UNyvorJettLuvsUSkyTheDestroyerBruiseLilyflowerErinliciousPhuhCaneKitkyunand 5 others.
  • RavAuricRavAuric
    Reactions: 510
    edited December 2016
    Are you kidding me. How could you fire him...Jesus Christ no one at nexon has any brains.
  • lmpalelmpale
    Reactions: 360
    edited December 2016
    I dont know which one is worse... Nexon hiring people who dont play their games or Nexon firing people who interact with the players in their game
    HothamburgerJettLuvsUrandomLilyflowerWiceakAglow
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    I just checked KThxBaiNao's Twitter and it said his location was Seattle. Do you guys think he moved?
    edited December 2016
    lmpale
    lmpale said:

I dont know which one is worse... Nexon hiring people who dont play their games or Nexon firing people who interact with the players in their game
    Don't test them. Next patch they'll make it so Mana potions DO restore PP, then that """"""""""""""Game Master"""""""""""""" will have been right the WHOLE TIME!
    lmpaleContrast
  • JetUppercutJetUppercut
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2016
    AaronHusky

I just checked KThxBaiNao's Twitter and it said his location was Seattle. Do you guys think he moved?
    Probably a new job, lots of game developers in Seattle.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited December 2016
    AaronHusky

I think it's best not to dig into his personal life, even if it was a key factor. It's better off to leave it as it is unless he decides to put a word out which might not be allowed due to NDA.

We should respect his privacy as he put effort endlessly to resolving community issues. And we can thank him for that.

I guess now is the question about how the coming months will go and when a new Community Manager will step in to take that place.
    AaronHuskydeadend5193SkyTheDestroyerJettLuvsULilyflowerDionysawKingopiratesringayeenPorter
  • The Blue CorsairThe Blue Corsair
    Reactions: 1,915
    edited December 2016
    Aw, this is saddening news. Was a pleasure to be able to meet him and also thankful for all the world he did do at Nexon this last year. Can only wish for the best.

Thank you @OneLetter.
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Its2Sharp4U

AaronHusky

I think it's best not to dig into his personal life, even if it was a key factor. It's better off to leave it as it is unless he decides to put a word out which might not be allowed due to NDA.

We should respect his privacy as he put effort endlessly to resolving community issues. And we can thank him for that.

I guess now is the question about how the coming months will go and when a new Community Manager will step in to take that place.
    You're right, I'm sorry.

I think we'll be fine while we wait for a new CM to be hired. With any luck, we should be able to find one very quickly.

JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    -pops in- JOB OPENING?! GAHGO NOF AOJF -runs to get Resume- But I am sorry to you guys at Nexon...Michael was cool.