[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A message about KThxBaiNao

Comments

• EtrayoEtrayo
    Reactions: 905
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Kylehell007

Tuba
    Tuba said:

Umm I just logged on the forums today and seeing this actually shocked me, because despite my experiences with him which weren't pleasant, I don't think it was fair how you guys put so much responsibility on him. He was just one person and communicating with virtually everyone on the game probably isn't easy. So maybe you should hire more people so your small staff doesn't get so overwhelmed.

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kylehell007

I'm just so sad now I cannot follow KAY THANK YOU GOODBYE NOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA STREAMS AND LIKE ALL HIS POSTS RELATED TO MAPLE OR ANYTHING FUNNY ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE(WHICH NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW) WHAT AM I GUNNA DO NOW? DO I RELLY HAVE TO GO BACK TO GRADING MY CHILDRENS TEST PAPERS AND CORRECTING THE MISTAKE NAO FOR NOW GIVING THEM A -2 PTS PER LINE AND GIVING THEM ANOTHER -2 POINTS FOR SAYING BYE "BAI"? SOUNDS LIKE BAE? HM. such a shame such a huge shame, shame, shame. I mean even though he never got back to us with anything he still was cool 2 follow on twitta and reddit and cray stuffz like that. didn't help me one time. in fact had a lot of issues with him, but not that hes not a twitter GOD I'm so over him LF> new Korean idols
    We get it.
    You want a middle-aged white guy who's never played MapleStory, but can dish out the corporate double-speak in perfect formal English. A father-figure who would make you feel secure and looked-after, even when you're ignored as Nexon has always ignored us.
    I have no idea what kind of "management" you expect a CM to do to the community. Herd us?

Personally, I don't like memes and I found Michael's videos cringeworthy, but I can see beyond that to the actual work he did.
    A CM has very little power. He's just an ambassador. A go-between the company and the community. His ability to solve our issues with the game is extremely limited. KThxBaiNao at least understood what those issues were, and was able to assign them priorities and explain them to the dev team. For issues internal to NexonNA he did more than that. He helped many people who were wrongfully banned or had other personal customer-support issues, get those issues actually looked at instead of brushed off. He rearranged the forums and added the "forwarded issues" lists to help with transparency. He got items on sale in the Cash Shop that we asked for (for example, right now we have the Mix Dye Coupon added, that was suggested on this forum). True, he can't fix servers and he can't fix bugs and when he gets incorrect answers from the devs he passes them on unknowingly, but no other CM could do any better in those regards. And yeah, he couldn't keep up, but none of them ever did. The workload is too much for one person.

Anyway, I don't know why he got fired.
    It may be because he pushed too hard for everyone else in the company to do their jobs and fix the game or treat the players fairly.
    It may be because he was unable to be in California and therefore unable to do parts of his job (most notable, or at least most visible: he was unable to stream the V update, so those two clowns had to, resulting in a PR disaster; and he could not provide us with updates during the long night maintenances, so OneLetter had to do that).
    It might even be something stupid like some high muck-a-muck calling a meeting and firing Michael in a fit of pique when he couldn't physically attend.

But regardless of the reason, I still feel he was one of the best CMs we ever had, and definitely cared the most about the game and players. And I fear that, if that was the reason he was let go, then our next CM is sure to be an apathetic bureaucrat.
    Are you really bringing race into this? Race has nothing to do with this we literally had a white CM and he left so I think you need to take that race bs somewhere else because it's not cute. Nexon is just a bad company and they have no morals. I'm pretty sure Hime got fired as well from what I heard on the internet. They will let you go regardless of skin color.
    OF COURSE HE HAD TO BRING RACE INTO THIS! when in doubt pull the race card DUHHHHH!!! every failure does that in history of being a loser with a invalid point/debate just butt hurt one of his boyfriend's on staff got fired for being incompetent and extremely under aged/therefore most likely unqualified/FOS "M.O.D." I could honestly name a handful of appropriately educated/sufficient aged mapler friends who'd do the job like a serious civil duty, not just some HYPEBRO

Well you're a bright star, aren't you.
    MaryseTuba
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    Etrayo
    Etrayo said:

Yep.
    gamechanger
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited December 2016
    Can't cure stupid.
    Catooolooo
  • ZerukanZerukan
    Reactions: 780
    edited December 2016
    Etrayo
    Etrayo said:

He's certainly not, but at least it's entertaining to read. I need some good laughs.
    MakazeKiba
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2016
    Okarokar

Time to move on, you know what I mean.

(leave Kylehell007 alone)

Kylehell007
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kylehell007

OH SO PUBLICALLY AND VIBRANTLY INTRODUCING HIMSELF AS A GARUNTEED 19 YEAR OLD OVER AND OVER FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS OF HIS POSTING TIME IS JUST SOME CON LIE??? you know who fakes there ages? either people who are messed up in the head insecure or have something dark to hide idc who you are that's just a fact of life and is true with many adult ages. in no way do I even give the thought that he changed his age to 23/22 to "attemptively" keep up with the most common generation of ongong maple players. sounds like a good plot if I was in his position too, heck id be embarrassed talking to everyone knowing that the majority is years older then me. maple is a 14 year old game 19-14=5 so basically he began playing as 5 years old if you wanna bring true age compilation into the picture. I began playing when I was 12. I had a semi-developed brain by then. I was not some child who's memory is as basic as an ants, and I want a CM manager even remotely educated in multiple platforms of working in a big company who knows some generic if not advanced code/has some business background/ + knows how to work and appease a demanding company line/. who talks with correct grammar, who doesn't give us false hopes or fake date times to count on which eventually never end up coming through
    Source, please?

This is his first thread in the old forums: http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.php?1513612-Your-New-Community-Manager-Has-Arrived&p=12362556&viewfull=1#post12362556

He said right there, "I'll be 23 on February 6th."

Where and when did you see him say he was 19?
    When? like the first week he applied to nexon. Where? he posted his age on forums then. I specifically remember this encounter and was let down by it from the get-go I don't have a link reference to show but, not like I'm lying either..guess now he has 2 ages? O_o
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Tuba
    Tuba said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Kylehell007

I'm just so sad now I cannot follow KAY THANK YOU GOODBYE NOW ON SOCIAL MEDIA STREAMS AND LIKE ALL HIS POSTS RELATED TO MAPLE OR ANYTHING FUNNY ABOUT HIS PERSONAL LIFE(WHICH NO ONE NEEDS TO KNOW) WHAT AM I GUNNA DO NOW? DO I RELLY HAVE TO GO BACK TO GRADING MY CHILDRENS TEST PAPERS AND CORRECTING THE MISTAKE NAO FOR NOW GIVING THEM A -2 PTS PER LINE AND GIVING THEM ANOTHER -2 POINTS FOR SAYING BYE "BAI"? SOUNDS LIKE BAE? HM. such a shame such a huge shame, shame, shame. I mean even though he never got back to us with anything he still was cool 2 follow on twitta and reddit and cray stuffz like that. didn't help me one time. in fact had a lot of issues with him, but not that hes not a twitter GOD I'm so over him LF> new Korean idols
    We get it.
    You want a middle-aged white guy who's never played MapleStory, but can dish out the corporate double-speak in perfect formal English. A father-figure who would make you feel secure and looked-after, even when you're ignored as Nexon has always ignored us.
    I have no idea what kind of "management" you expect a CM to do to the community. Herd us?
    Are you really bringing race into this? Race has nothing to do with this we literally had a white CM and he left so I think you need to take that race bs somewhere else because it's not cute. Nexon is just a bad company and they have no morals. I'm pretty sure Hime got fired as well from what I heard on the internet. They will let you go regardless of skin color.
    I was talking to Kyle. I said that Kyle wants that white father-figure. I never said Nexon does. Nexon America probably prefers Koreans because they have a better chance of being able to communicate effectively with the mother company.
    Regardless of what you think "Kyle wants" the color of someones skin is irrelevant to any of this. I know people who aren't Korean that can speak Korean and they speak it really good. Obviously people want someone who is easy to understand I mean who wouldn't want that lmao? And KThxBai spoke good English and if I'm not mistaken he knows how to speak Korean as well.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited December 2016
    You are all more than welcome to debate or be argumentative regarding this topic, but please no personal attacks against other members or diving into topics which are against our forum Code of Conduct. Forum rules apply no matter what the thread subject is.

Thank you.
  • TubaTuba
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

You are all more than welcome to debate or be argumentative regarding this topic, but please no personal attacks against other members or diving into topics which are against our forum Code of Conduct. Forum rules apply no matter what the thread subject is.
    Thank you.
    Why did you delete my comment? ):
    I just wanna make sure I don't sound threatening to you daddy. ):
    Kylehell007
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Thank you.
    Can we get some sort of reasoning as to why Michael was let go? It's beyond apparent from his personal twitter account(assuming he's lost access to all Maplestory-related accounts) that this was neither his choice nor expected.
    ZerukanMakazeKiba
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Maryse
    Maryse said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Why is that surprising?
    He's under NDA, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't want to burn bridges.
    What did you expect him to say?
    I'm surprised by the fact that he was let go. That's what's surprising.
    I didn't expect him to say more than what he said, I completely understand he's not really supposed to say anything other than that right now.
    Ah, I guess you didn't see his earlier tweet:
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited December 2016
    Kylehell007

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Source, please?

This is his first thread in the old forums: http://forum2.nexon.net/showthread.php?1513612-Your-New-Community-Manager-Has-Arrived&p=12362556&viewfull=1#post12362556

He said right there, "I'll be 23 on February 6th."

Where and when did you see him say he was 19?
    When? like the first week he applied to nexon. Where? he posted his age on forums then. I specifically remember this encounter and was let down by it from the get-go I don't have a link reference to show but, not like I'm lying either..guess now he has 2 ages? O_o
    You are a special kind of person. Its amazing you figured out how to logon to the forums to post in this thread.

@Akradian showed you the post where Michael told us how old he was. Now either stop making stupid up and embarrassing yourself further, or provide a link to the comment where Michael said he was 19. I hope you shut up though, because that comment doesn't exist.

All you do is spout off nonsense and butt into threads with irrelevant comments.
    ZerukanLittleLucidiaKingStarfireUzumeContrastCatooolooo
  • SorrowfulMSorrowfulM
    Reactions: 1,180
    edited December 2016
    I only wish we knew the reason :o
  • TubaTuba
    edited December 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

Thank you.
    Hello sir! Can you tell my why the code of conduct doesn't apply to certain people like gamechanger?:
    You are a special kind of person. Its amazing you figured out how to logon to the forums to post in this thread.

@Akradian showed you the post where Michael told us how old he was. Now either stop making stupid up and embarrassing yourself further, or provide a link to the comment where Michael said he was 19. I hope you shut up though, because that comment doesn't exist.

All you do is spout off nonsense and butt into threads with irrelevant comments.
    So some people can attack people on here and nothing happens, but me calling someones ideas about politics idiotic is enough to get me a warning?
    #doublestandards2016
    ArlongJettLuvsU
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited December 2016
    I love that you're hosting GM events, instead of fixing your server lag and stability rofl
  • TubaTuba
    edited December 2016
    Xenon92
    Xenon92 said:

I love that you're hosting GM events, instead of fixing your server lag and stability rofl
    Priorities tho lmao
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    i think if we get either of those two from the last stream we are going to be missing Kthxbainao a lot more, my personal feelings aside regarding how topics were cherry picked and ignored(probably not entirely his doing but he is who we have as our contact and he could have at least made more of an effort to acknowledge issues but all that aside, he was obviously dedicated and knew the game,so those qualities will be missed, never really felt any of the other s played at all and knew less than him even if some of them had him beat in professionalism and maturity in my opinions
  • PlasticHollyPlasticHolly
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

RikNL
    RikNL said:

We'll miss him. But what will happen next?
    Now we wait (at least until after New Year's, in my estimation, probably longer).
    We will get other people, such as OneLetter or Sabina, posting announcements (that are copies of the ones on the site) and maybe a very rare "we're looking into this" in a very long and irate thread.
    We will have no interaction, no transparency, no communication with Nexon. We can keep posting here but it will be the same as any other user forum, like Basil or reddit: Maplers helping and/or entertaining Maplers as best we can. The VFM's might be able to pass the most important issues on and maybe get a rare response, but I'm not counting on it.
    And then, at some point, we'll get a new full-time CM, and we'll see what they're like.
    yep we've been down this road before, and just in time for nexon to all be on vacation at the same time... regardless how you felt about him, Any CM is better than none, especially during a big update with all the current and coming new issues with the next patch

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2016
    On the awkward bittersweet bright side...we could get an even better CM -cough- Totally gotta finish dusting off this resume -cough-
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited December 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Maryse
    Maryse said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Why is that surprising?
    He's under NDA, and even if he wasn't, he wouldn't want to burn bridges.
    What did you expect him to say?
    I'm surprised by the fact that he was let go. That's what's surprising.
    I didn't expect him to say more than what he said, I completely understand he's not really supposed to say anything other than that right now.
    Ah, I guess you didn't see his earlier tweet:
    I did...
    I just posted the longer explanation link since I didn't see anyone else post it.