[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

some accounts/jobs do not receive Lucky Winters

AeonTouch0fAllJobsAeonTouch0fAllJobs
Reactions: 580
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
I dont know if it is job related or account related, but from the 9200 boxes I opened last night, I received :

85 Cold Winters
12 Enjoyable Winters
00 Lucky Winters

Where my guildies with less than 4000 boxes had at least 40-50 of each type...

Touch0fLumi

Comments

• WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    same here 5k+ boxes:
    61 enjoyable winters
    114 cold winters
    0 lucky winters
  • OjamaOjama
    Reactions: 1,140
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    From what i noticed its only affect lvl 230+ people, i could be wrong though
  • WildNekoWildNeko
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited December 2016
    AeonTouch0fAllJobs

I dont know if it is job related or account related, but from the 9200 boxes I opened last night, I received :

85 Cold Winters
    12 Enjoyable Winters
    00 Lucky Winters

Touch0fLumi
    wow, you must be super unlucky or its a serious bug. I've opened like 600 ~ 800 boxes in 4 diferent characters and I received 10 ~ 15 Enjoyable/Lucky Winters in each one...

I opened them in a:

Wild Hunter - lvl 216
    Angelic Buster - lvl 200
    Kanna - lvl 200
    Demon Avenger - lvl 180
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    It's not per account. My main doesn't get Lucky Winters but my mules (on the same account) do.
    It's not per job. I don't get them on my Hero in Kradia but I do get them on my Hero in Reboot.
    It's not only over 230. My main isn't even 220, and didn't get any Lucky Winters last year or even the year before that.

It might have to do with the presence of specific items in inventory, or just the size of the inventory; it might have to do with certain maxed traits, or old completed quests, or anything else that's more likely to be true for older, higher-leveled characters.
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited December 2016
    I do not get a single one on my lvl 212 wind archer. I am going to try to get some on my other characters today. I have opened 2000 boxes so far and have had no lucky winters, but plenty of enjoyable and cold winters.
  • RegretfuIlyRegretfuIly
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited December 2016
    Weird, my main is 221 and I've been getting quite a few of them. Although, I haven't kept track of the number of boxes I've opened, so I'm not overly sure.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2016
    Same problem as last year and the year before. some characters just never get any lucky winters when they open the boxes. I have three characters on my account that I know will not get them.
  • WiceakWiceak
    Reactions: 1,210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    bumb
  • _Cas__Cas_
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited December 2016
    AeonTouch0fAllJobs

85 Cold Winters
    12 Enjoyable Winters
    00 Lucky Winters

Touch0fLumi
    Hello ^ ^

Same issue here. I play a Luminous main, and opened thousands of boxes, and not got a single lucky winter. I also do not obtain the 7day mounts either. I obtained them on a few other characters though. Luminous is 207, so it shouldn't be a level issue, as a friend obtains some at 214.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited December 2016
    Character name: Rexaar2
    Character level: 225
    Character job: Hero
    World name: Scania

My Hero has not yet once gotten a Lucky winter from over 5000 boxes opened, yet on other characters, they get Lucky winter within 100 boxes.
    My hero has participated in almost every past Christmas event, where as my other character almost or rarely touches the Christmas event, so there might be a age old code leftover in the data in the previous Christmas event that isn't removed that prevent us from getting Lucky Winter,
  • TeckloTecklo
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    I had same problem, here's a ticket i sent and the response from gm.

Since last year's Christmas event, shining santa boxes give no Lucky Winter on certain characters (Thunder Breaker myself, and friend of mine on Wind Archer).

Personally I have opened total of over 10k boxes, (about 5k this event, other 5k from last year) but absolutely no lucky winter on my Thunder Breaker.

I can receive it on other character just fine, just not on thunder breaker.

Due to amount of boxes I have opened, I believe this is not because of statistical chance, but due to some sort of bug that is preventing me from getting them.

Dec 18, 7:59 PM PST

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon America Customer Support.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the "Shining Santa Box" and I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused. I have gone ahead and made a thorough investigation regarding your concern I am sorry to inform you that I was unable to verify the issue that you are experiencing with the Lucky Winter buffs as I am successfully receiving the said item when I open the box and the game is working as intended. I have found out that the drop rate for the "Lucky Winter" was intended to be difficult to acquire thus making it quite low.

It was made this way in order to give the player some sort of challenge in getting the reward for this quest and making the players feel that sense of satisfaction in getting the reward that they have been working hard on. I myself am gathering these said boxes on my Kanna and I am doing my best in getting enough amount of the coupons for me to be able to use them in the future. I do hope that you get your desired amount of items from the monsters in your adventures.

Just in case you encounter other types of issues or concerns similar to this or if you would like to know if there are any upcoming events, you can check our website and our forums for any form of information regarding this.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Sincerely,

GM Kerihm
    Nexon America, Inc.

Security Tip: Please do not give your password, PIN, or PIC number to anyone for any reason. Nexon America representatives will NEVER ask you for your password, PIN, or PIC.

I completely disagree with this response, this problem has been there since last year, but only to my main char, and there is no way that "low chance" is preventing me from getting lucky winter.

I know this is gonna be too late for this year, but at least for next Christmas, I would like to see this fixed.

Character Name: Tecklo
    Character Level: 219
    Character Job: Thunder Breaker
    Server: Renegades
  • TanyaTanya
    edited December 2016
    Just wanted to say that this is still happening. I have opened over 10,000 boxes by now and still have not received a lucky winter.

GMs, please understand this issue is not just bad luck (as you seem to believe in Tecklo's ticket) but rather we are literally unable to ever receive lucky winters.

We also cannot receive the santa sleigh mount.

I am bumping this up in hopes it will be fixed for next year atleast please, this issue has gone on for the past 2 christmas events.

Edit: also just submitted a ticket, maybe if they receive enough tickets with people having the same issue they will fix it by next year.
  • TeckloTecklo
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2016
    Another response from them, this time i mentioned that this page exists (that its not only me being affected).

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting us again.

I completely understand that you are upset regarding my previous response and I would like to apologize for that. As I have mentioned in my previous reply, an thorough investigation was made regarding your issue and it has already been double checked by our Game Development team to see if there was indeed something wrong with your character that lost the said items. After a thorough investigation for this issue, I am sorry but we were unable to find any problems with the game as well as we were unable to verify the issue that you had experienced. I am really hoping that you understand this situation and if there was anything that could have been done, I would have already done so. However, I would like to assure you that I have gone ahead and forwarded this once again to our Game Development Team for further review and rest assured that they will be looking into this further. Additionally, please be advised that any further attempts with this request will result to the same answer.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.
    Sincerely,

GM Kerihm
    Nexon America, Inc.
  • TanyaTanya
    edited December 2016
    I also submitted a ticket and got a similar response to Teklo's ticket dismissing it as bad luck. I sent a response stating that I have tested this on multiple characters and received around 1 lucky winter in less than 100 boxes on all of those, but have still not received a lucky winter on my main 13,000 boxes later. The gm says they will check it out for any inconsistencies, though t seems they are still chalking it up to bad luck.

" Hey there Tanya.

Thank you for bringing this up, and we'll make sure to properly optimize this in time for the next event. I do apologize that you were not able to properly utilize the boxes, and hopefully luck shines on a brighter side for you in the future. We will make sure to check these out for any inconsistencies.

Thank you for your understanding, and have a happy new year. "

I sincerely hope I am lucky enough to not have this glitch for a third year in a row next year, though I doubt it will ever be fixed.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Too bad they don't address this bug, makes all the effort in farming the boxes feel like a waste of time and unrewarding. Opened today 4k boxes and got 0 lucky winters once again, where others without the bug got, with the same amount of boxes, +/- 100 lucky winters.

When comparing Enjoyable winters from the same stack of boxes I got 46 in 4k boxes, where others without the bug, got 100+.
  • metaghostmetaghost
    Reactions: 900
    edited January 2017
    Hello Mapler,
    Thank you for your reply.

I understand your frustration regarding the drop rate for the Lucky Winter Coupons. I've submitted this report to the game team for further investigation. Your information will surely help them with their investigation. Please wait for the announcement with regard to the fix on the news page.

Should you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to create a new ticket or contact us through Chat Support.
    Sincerely,

GM Urndess
    Nexon America, Inc.

Unfortunately the boxes will expire either today or tomorrow. I have used around ~2000 boxes this event and never got a Lucky Winter. I now have ~2400 boxes saved, hoping they would of fixed the issue last week. This is really frustrating, I used up Lucky Winters from previous years from other characters to farm for more.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    @metaghost , they haven't fixed it in 2 years, there was no reason to think they'd fix it in a week. You should have used your lucky winter to farm boxes on a character that can get lucky winters out of them.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Quick question, just wanted to ask other people with the UNlucky winter bug, how often do you get nodestone drops from arcane river, if at all?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Orblit
    Orblit said:

Quick question, just wanted to ask other people with the UNlucky winter bug, how often do you get nodestone drops from arcane river, if at all?
    0-3 per hour.
    Considering I have no drop multipliers other than big spider, I don't expect more than that.
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    Boxes are gone, they will just blame it on RNG and ignore it. Next year when boxes come back, they will go on 2 months long xmas vacation and not fix it. The cycle will repeat.

Also don't expect them to know what lucky winters are