[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• PIggyBankPIggyBank
    Reactions: 220
    edited January 2017
    Your going to have nothing left by the time they finish. I wonder what is going to happen to all our nx stuff that is going to expire soon.
  • CSOIMPCSOIMP
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Nyvor
    Nyvor said:

Hey guys, I want to share this with you guys, cause THIS happened to me before the V job was released, but in this patch.
    I asked for a compensation but the GM told me it was a "technical problem" and they don't give compensation for this when OBVIOUSLY, it wasn't.

This was solved, but the GM apparently don't know how. I can connect to my Zero now, the first time i did again, was after a maintenance, but not to fix this.

This is my ticket.
    https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/requests/343905

It is a video attached where you can see exactly what happens when you try to log in.
    (I changed my PIN for security reasons)
    This is exactly what i wrote on my ticket
    "I'm also providing you a video where I show what is happening when I try to connect to my Zero.
    3:19, first attempt to connect to my Zero
    8:26, it finally finish the loading part.

Your issue just seems like lag, it's different from this bug.
    We don't even get the connecting to server message.
    And this issue isn't going to get fixed with a server reset, it needs a patch. It most likely is related to character data limitations.
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    ToitleLu
    ToitleLu said:

i have 10b with fredrick, hes slowly stealing all my mesos!!!! i want compensation
    yeah.. this is me too
  • ToitleLuToitleLu
    Reactions: 105
    edited January 2017
    Toitle / Shadower lvl 232 / Bera / Jan 1st, 2017
  • PigggyPigggy
    edited January 2017
    We are all going to miss the sizzling Saturday weekend perk >.< I saved so many soul and honor points before I got stuck so what will you do for us people that got stuck and can't do the event are you going to ignore us again. And by the way I think most of the people that got stuck are most of the people that spends a ton of cash on this game if you keep continuing this way you will lose a lot of profit for sure.
  • RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    Pigggy
    Pigggy said:

We are all going to miss the sizzling Saturday weekend perk >.< I saved so many soul and honor points before I got stuck so what will you do for us people that got stuck and can't do the event are you going to ignore us again. And by the way I think most of the people that got stuck are most of the people that spends a ton of cash on this game if you keep continuing this way you will lose a lot of profit for sure.
    They are never going to lose profit.
    1. After they fix this bug, you are still gonna continue playing, regardless of whether you missed the event or not. As such, you will still spend money on the game
    2. We are just a minority who have this problem. Majority are still playing the game and still spending money on the game.
    3. You probably already spent a lot thus Nexon has you by the balls. You can't leave having spent so much.
    4. None of us are really going to boycott Maple and Nexon knows that. Only a few would do so.
    5. Nexon knows all of the above and know that they are in better position than the players, therefore we always lose. Unless of course, there is another company that has Maplestory in the region, then Nexon will be forced to compete and give out better perks/service.

• NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited January 2017

Your issue just seems like lag, it's different from this bug.
    We don't even get the connecting to server message.
    And this issue isn't going to get fixed with a server reset, it needs a patch. It most likely is related to character data limitations.
    Yes i thought in the beginning it was about lag. But it wasn't cause I could connect into other characters but not that one. I've like 2 weeks and couldn't connect into that only character.
  • JohnnyDoBoyJohnnyDoBoy
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 2017
    JohnnyDoBoy / 232 / Kaiser / Windia / January 02, 2017 12AM PST /Changing Channels
  • RudeusRudeus
    Reactions: 320
    edited January 2017
    PCLight / 250 / Luminous / January 01, 2017 4am PST/ Flag Race
  • SmadarSmadar
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    from what I noticed until now, all players in the list are level 220 +, many Kaisers compare to other jobs, the ones I know from Scania are very funded characters.
    NEXON action in this case does affect funded characters quitting maple and boycotting it, most are very dedicated players that now are stuck a lot behind and cannot progress or access to the high level content that so rarely arrive to this game. NEXON America already has lower profits compare to the other NEXON companies, they should care about those players.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    @Nyvor : Most of that delay is from loading data. You can tell when data is loaded based on "Create Character" being grayed out. How fast you load data seems to mostly depend on how fast your hard drive is - at least that's how it seems to me. You were probably getting disconnected from the server before you actually finished loading data.

In my/our case data loads fine but the server just doesn't feel like properly logging us in. We get half logged in (we appear online in buddy list but /find doesn't work).

----------------------
    RyotaKisè

-----------------
    Pigggy
    Pigggy said:

-----------------
    They are never going to lose profit.
    1. After they fix this bug, you are still gonna continue playing, regardless of whether you missed the event or not. As such, you will still spend money on the game
    2. We are just a minority who have this problem. Majority are still playing the game and still spending money on the game.
    3. You probably already spent a lot thus Nexon has you by the balls. You can't leave having spent so much.
    4. None of us are really going to boycott Maple and Nexon knows that. Only a few would do so.
    5. Nexon knows all of the above and know that they are in better position than the players, therefore we always lose. Unless of course, there is another company that has Maplestory in the region, then Nexon will be forced to compete and give out better perks/service.

----------------------

@Pigggy
    Missing out on the 50% honor event is what annoys me the most about this whole situation. I believe I have nearly 1.2m honor exp saved up, so to compensate me for this Nexon would have to give me 120 Special Medal of Honor... On top of that, I also bought 88 medals specifically to use for this event. So to get fully compensated would require them giving me 208 medals / the equivalent honor exp - and I'm pretty sure they won't. And that's just the medals I already bought - I meant to buy more. RIP

I also have a handful of souls saved up, but I don't care about that as much.

---
    @RyotaKisè
    You're mostly right, but until this is fixed I actually CAN'T spend money. I'm not going to spend any money on my mules; I don't care about my mules. If I can't play on my main character, there's no point in logging in. Until this is fixed, I'm being forced to boycott the game.

So, Nexon is losing out on whatever money we would have spent if we had been able to login. There are some things we won't be able to buy later - such as hair and face styles. If nothing else, I'm sure some of us (example: me) would have bought 2x Drop cards for the 2x event that we'll be missing.

That may not seem like a lot of money, but a lot of the people on that list seem like funded players who would actually spend money... especially considering (as of right now) everyone on the list is in a non-reboot server.

*PS: I'm aware there are reboot players that are stuck - I'm just referring to the publicly posted list of who's stuck.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    There are two sizzling weekends coming up. Hopefully you guys will be rescued by the second one.

Paradoxically, we have to hope that the devs haven't really been looking into this for the past two weeks, and only started paying attention yesterday.
    If they've really been working hard on this for two weeks and come up with nothing, it might be an exceptionally tough problem. (Which it looks like, anyway. Some kind of memory leak/overflow/overwrite most likely. These are the worst bugs to try and track down.) On the other hand, if the live chat GMs were just giving lip service and nobody on "the team" even looked at this before yesterday, then we still have hope that it's something that will be easy to spot as soon as they try to log in on your glitched characters. (They might use the maintenance today to do so, because they might need to run the live servers in debug mode, which obviously can't be done while users are playing on them).

Gotta stay optimistic, right?
  • SmadarSmadar
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    SavageAce
    SavageAce said:

Hi all,

We are aware of this issue and have been looking into since it was reported. While we don't anticipate the issue will be resolved with tomorrow's maintenance, we hope to fix this issue as soon as possible. We will provide more details as soon as we have them. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Today they are only able to do " copy " " paste " from KMS. The head is still on holiday , as long as the $ keeps flowing they are good.

and the GMs from live chat were giving false information and not only 1 time.

• PigggyPigggy
    edited January 2017
    Missing all those arcane and chuchu daily going to suck for us. I hope next at least give us back the number of days we missing for the symbol or that's going to take some time for us to catch up to other players.
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    -------------
    Pigggy
    Pigggy said:

Missing all those arcane and chuchu daily going to suck for us. I hope next at least give us back the number of days we missing for the symbol or that's going to take some time for us to catch up to other players.
    -------------

I'm not sure what you mean by "give us back the number of days we missing"? How do you give back a day?

I don't think Nexon has the ability to give us "reset" tickets or similar, and I'm doubtful they'll give us a free 8 Vanishing and 15 Chu Chu symbols for every day we were locked out.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should but won't.
  • adgnadgn
    Reactions: 1,395
    edited January 2017
    ShyAlly
    ShyAlly said:

-------------
    Pigggy
    Pigggy said:

-------------

I'm not sure what you mean by "give us back the number of days we missing"? How do you give back a day?

I don't think Nexon has the ability to give us "reset" tickets or similar, and I'm doubtful they'll give us a free 8 Vanishing and 15 Chu Chu symbols for every day we were locked out.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should but won't.
    They won't do that because
    1. They don't care
    2. Doesn't increase profit
    3. People that wasn't stuck may complain
    They seriously need to fix this though...

We should also complain at https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154888678724520&substory_index=0&id=126873054519&__tn__=%2As

@SavageAce that's full of bs. You guys have been 'looking into' this issue for 3 weeks. You said it will be fixed soon. If it takes over one month for Nexon to fix this, they might want to consider going into a different industry. Staffs that do not know how the game works and are not willing to fix a serious bug should resign and reconsider their career path.
  • EtherealM5EtherealM5
    edited January 2017
    yay im so happy that im going to get 5, 15 minute 2x coupons on my level 250. cant wait to grind to 251.

On a serious note, i believe i had about 6.5k node shards. Everyone else on the list probably had a crap ton of node shards as well. i feel like ive been spending all my node shards as soon as i got them up until after new years when i had about 6 nodes maxed at level 25.
  • PigggyPigggy
    edited January 2017
    Feels like we all getting troll for New Years -.-
  • ShaWaterShaWater
    Reactions: 445
    edited January 2017
    EtherealM5

yay im so happy that im going to get 5, 15 minute 2x coupons on my level 250. cant wait to grind to 251.

On a serious note, i believe i had about 6.5k node shards. Everyone else on the list probably had a crap ton of node shards as well. i feel like ive been spending all my node shards as soon as i got them up until after new years when i had about 6 nodes maxed at level 25.
    --------------

same here, before i got locked finished my 8th node to level 25..
    had about 5.5k shards more and 500 more nodes to disassemble, went into cs for a sec and never made it back

i really hope it will be fixed asap, im only locked for 2 days so i cant even imagine how those locked for more than a week feels..

lach release, symbol dailies, 50% honor event, mag event, even the 2x coupons from new haste for the ones that not 250 yet.. rip
  • IMPDELFIMPDELF
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    People who are saying Nexon won't lose money from this are insane. I doubt anyone affected by this bug will make a new main+spend as much money on it as they did on their main (unless you spent nothing to begin with). I for one won't spend any money making a new character. Either I quit until they fix this or just quit all together.