[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• PigggyPigggy
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Woodbang did you even get stuck and have most of your nx items expire if not you do not know how we feel. They did not extend our nx items that expire if it was you if you spend real life money and have your items expire while you couldn't log on will you be happy. What's the point of the reward when we can get all those rewards they gave out easily like come on dude you can get 5 red cube and black cube from that 2- 3 weeks stuck. why would I cried if I don't get any compensation like I care about those few cubes and coupon they give out. I can buy an all day exp coupon and drop coupon easily like these rewards even matter to most of us.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    woodbang
    woodbang said:

Pigggy
    Pigggy said:

Come on Nexon must of the people that are stuck have full drop gear why would you give us drop rate coupon and exp coupon. Do you think we are poor and can't afford the exp coupon from cash shop. Mostly everyone one have a wolf familiar this such a joke to us for losing 50k+ nx and getting this crap reward back. If your like that might as well not give us any compensation instead we don't need those pity junk rewards
    Could you please stop? Better be happy that you're atleast getting some kind of compensation. They didn't have to give us anything at all and yet you and others keep and keep complaining. I bet you would've cried your ass off aswell, if they decided not to compensate us, so please stop trash talking.

While it may come off as ungrateful, he and everyone else complaining have a point. This is on Nexon. Their problem and their fault. They were not prepared for such an issue and as a result players have to suffer massive losses. Look at all the other issues that have happened since the V update. They have a responsibility to at the very least compensate players on time lost on NX items. Which means giving everyone 30 day mushroom/granny stores which most of the people here would have lost as well as replacing hyper tele rocks and any other NX costs lost. At least compensation based on duration locked out.

Nexon a bit inconsiderate. Well, hopefully we get to play at least.

Alwreck
  • ShyAllyShyAlly
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    ----------------
    woodbang
    woodbang said:

Could you please stop? Better be happy that you're atleast getting some kind of compensation. They didn't have to give us anything at all and yet you and others keep and keep complaining. I bet you would've cried your ass off aswell, if they decided not to compensate us, so please stop trash talking.
    ----------------
    Peep
    Peep said:

While it may come off as ungrateful, he and everyone else complaining have a point. This is on Nexon. Their problem and their fault. They were not prepared for such an issue and as a result players have to suffer massive losses. Look at all the other issues that have happened since the V update. They have a responsibility to at the very least compensate players on time lost on NX items. Which means giving everyone 30 day mushroom/granny stores which most of the people here would have lost as well as replacing hyper tele rocks and any other NX costs lost. At least compensation based on duration locked out.

Nexon a bit inconsiderate. Well, hopefully we get to play at least.
    ----------------

I think Peep does a good job of summarizing the complaint. When I disconnected from the game, I had an active 1-day 2x EXP and 1-day 2x DROP CS coupon along with a 7-day Hired Merchant. These have obviously expired on me. I spent real money to acquire them - and then I wasn't able to use them because of insufficient QA on Nexon's part.

The mentioned compensation is good enough to cover my NX losses at least, which is why I haven't been complaining that much. I think anyone who lost more NX should have a right to complain - we spend real money on our NX items; if we can't use them due to a screw-up on Nexon's part, we should get compensation. A real-world analogy would be buying a light bulb from a store, but when you get home the light bulb doesn't work. When you take it back to the store, you get a replacement... the store doesn't say "Sorry, nothing we can do about it"

I mean, I would like Nexon to give me the 180 Chu Chu Island symbols, 96 Vanishing Journey symbols, and 720 V coins that I missed from my dailies... but I didn't really expect them to do that. It sucks, but at least we can stop getting further behind that we already are.

I just hope everything is sorted out during the next maintenance so I can make use of the Honor Event. One of my biggest disappointments about this whole thing was missing that last weekend.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    suri
    suri said:

: I think it will be 100% fix unless something unexpected goes wrong otherwise they would not have announced it IMHO.
    You're an optimist. There have been many times when they wrote in a maintenance notice that certain bugs will be fixed - and they weren't. So letting us know three days in advance doesn't guarantee anything.

@woodbang , you're right that Nexon is not required to compensate anyone for anything. But a smart company tries to keep its players happy. Especially its high-paying players. Consider: all the people who got stuck had opened thousands of nodestones. In order to get that many nodestones, they must have either bought them (1000 nodestones cost 200 BILLION meso two weeks ago) or farmed for them. Farming at such a fast rate means being able to 1-hit entire kishined/frenzied maps while wearing drop gear - that means a LOT of items cubed to Legendary and just the right lines - along with Wolf Underling, and Cash Shop 2x drop card. The people who have been stuck the longest are by far the richest people in the game. They have hired merchants, they have hyper rocks, they have every cash convenience in the game (or had, until those things expired while they were blocked...).
    And these people are being offered this sort of compensation? 5 cubes and 6 hours of 2x exp and drop? That would be appropriate for an issue that struck at random, or an event aimed at unfunded people that went wrong. It's not appropriate for whales being locked out for weeks.

So what would be appropriate?

First of all, extending or restoring their cash items.
    And second, as has been written upthread, Arcane Symbols. These can't be bought, they must be farmed through dailies and as drops. Nexon can't really compensate for how many Arcane Symbols someone could have farmed, but they certainly can compensate for the missed dailies.
  • KatsuKatsu
    edited January 2017
    Freeca // Bera // Level 226 // Jan.1.2017 // Entering Inferno Portal
  • PigggyPigggy
    edited January 2017
    The question is still unanswered can we still dissemble node stone and not have any problem again. I don't want to pay the practice of having my character stuck again. They said they have fix it but who knows what's going to happen.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Pigggy
    Pigggy said:

: The question is still unanswered can we still dissemble node stone and not have any problem again. I don't want to pay the practice of having my character stuck again. They said they have fix it but who knows what's going to happen.

That depends on how they fix the bug, obviously.
    Assuming the bug is as described in that subreddit thread (the game keeps the data of all the nodes you ever had, even if you disassembled them, until the amount of character data becomes too big for the channel server or the client to handle), there are three things that could be done to fix it:

1. Increase the size of whatever buffer was overflowing.
    This will allow us all to play normally for now, but is quite likely to make the bug pop up again in the future, after people have had time to open 10k or 100k or however many nodestones.

2. Make the system properly drop the data of nodes when they are disassembled.
    This will allow everyone who is currently not blocked to keep playing normally and opening as many nodestones as they like, but will not help the people currently blocked. It also puts the people who were near the limit at risk, because as we saw, it wasn't nodes alone that were the problem. Someone might make a new link skill and suddenly get blocked.

3. Delete all existing information of disassembled nodes from the database.
    This will allow everyone to play normally for now, but will certainly cause the bug to reappear as soon as people open thousands of nodestones again.

The correct long-term solution is to do both (2) and (3): clean up the database and make sure the game stops cluttering it up.
    The same people who diagnosed the issue (in that thread), will be able to tell us whether Nexon did fix it that way, or not.
  • KyIeKyIe
    Reactions: 100
    edited January 2017

So what would be appropriate?

First of all, extending or restoring their cash items.
    And second, as has been written upthread, Arcane Symbols. These can't be bought, they must be farmed through dailies and as drops. Nexon can't really compensate for how many Arcane Symbols someone could have farmed, but they certainly can compensate for the missed dailies.

----------------------
    I think it is highly unlikely Nexon would compensate any Arcane Symbols, whether it is gained from dailies or farming from monsters.
  • KeyslessKeysless
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2017
    woodbang
    woodbang said:

Pigggy
    Pigggy said:

Come on Nexon must of the people that are stuck have full drop gear why would you give us drop rate coupon and exp coupon. Do you think we are poor and can't afford the exp coupon from cash shop. Mostly everyone one have a wolf familiar this such a joke to us for losing 50k+ nx and getting this crap reward back. If your like that might as well not give us any compensation instead we don't need those pity junk rewards

How much did Nexon pay you? Six 2x EXP coupons?
    Xycho
  • IMPDELFIMPDELF
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    You guys must be new here if you expect Nexon to compensate with Arcane Symbols.
  • SmadarSmadar
    Reactions: 800
    edited January 2017
    most of the 'stuck characters' are very well funded players that invested in the game a lot of time and money.

NEXON's compensation is insulting !

first of all they should have compensate based on the time you were locked / bugged.
    you can open many nodes 10 minutes before SC and get the compensation same as those who are stuck for almost a month.

I am bugged for 18 days (will be 20 when they fix my character), missing many symbols, missing many x2 events, and also having 72 k nx wasted on 'cube deal' with 3 days expiration date, FM store, messos, reward points, boss runs etc.

I find this compensation ridiculous and insulting and NO , I WILL NOT SAY THANKS to NEXON OR STOP COMPLAINING.

JulyRyotaKisè
  • ApuloeApuloe
    edited January 2017
    You can keep your compensation, it's useless for most of us anyway.

• RyotaKisèRyotaKisè
    Reactions: 720
    edited January 2017
    Well one can only hope that the community manage/forum moderator can bring up the general feelings of the public to the team. They do need to realize the level of all the players that are stuck are those who are already at end-game. I for one, have no real use for the compensation given to me.

It's not as if the community wishes to whine or hate on Nexon, but the compensation is really inadequate. Some players have been (using a different term) "banned" from entering their main character for 3 weeks. That's a long enough time for monthly cash items to expire, 1/3 of pet's life, reward points missed out and many other events.
    Alwreck
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited January 2017
    nexon knows how to treat their loyal customers..
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Pitiful compensation...
    Most players have lost 3 weeks of play time, which is at the VERY MINIMUM: 1,260 v coins, 168 arcane river symbols, 315 chu chu island symbols, and probably more. How is a couple cubes, a 7-day hired merchant, and maybe 30 minutes of v-coin farming an adequate compensation?
  • XychoXycho
    Reactions: 520
    edited January 2017
    What kind of business model throws their potentially highest paying customers on the back burner?

Anyway, I'll just leave this here. I hope you remember it, it's from only 6 months ago.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/14110/important-message-heroes-of-maple-update
  • BaconMmmBaconMmm
    Reactions: 410
    edited January 2017
    Also...

BaconMmm / 236 / I/L Mage / Scania / 01/09/2017 12:30AM EST / Changing channels
  • surisuri
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    I cry ! =(
  • PigggyPigggy
    edited January 2017
    Did anyone else look at the support notice on stuck character you can give them a thumbs down
  • KyIeKyIe
    edited January 2017

They took down the compensation list and changed the wording on the support website.

It won't be fixed on Thursday. I predict it now.
    ----------------------------

Oh no... I was getting all my hopes up to play my main again! D; WELP.