[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Players unable to log in on specific characters

Comments

• PigggyPigggy
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    I think nexon just troll us again
  • surisuri
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    we will see on the 12th I guess.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017
    July
    July said:

nexon knows how to treat their loyal customers..
    maplestory.nexon.net/news/20223/maplestory-wins-mmosite-s-2016-reader-s-choice-awards
    Irony
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited January 2017
    it's fake, and they needed a fake reason to give more x2 and hot day events that ppl who stuck wont be able to participate at.
  • CorruptingCorrupting
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    oh look a scroll sale!
    Time to spend some NX on our mules F3.
  • AeonTouch0fAllJobsAeonTouch0fAllJobs
    Reactions: 580
    edited January 2017
    My character, Touch0fLumi, is also stuck, though I can login the 23 other chars on the same account...

As AKradian said :
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I doubt the packets themselves would be useful to look at. Obviously they would be different between characters, since they contain the info about the character.
    What I suspect is happening is that the client is stuck in a loop trying to build some internal data-structure based on the info sent by the server.
    A debug-enabled client would show the exact problem easily, so really all we need to do is wait for the devs (who were apparently informed of the issue) to attempt to log in to one of the affected characters.
    I just finished opening about 130-140 nodestones when I noticed I had some pretty bad lag peaks every 4-5 seconds...
    So I relogged and found myself stuck... I think the client is in a loop since the nodestone data is quite a lot and it will remember all stones opened over time...

Touch (Harold)

EDIT : I like to point out that some names in the list did NOT get stuck by this bug, but due to illegal entering Dream City/Lucid before the world was officially opened! Too bad guys, I will not mention your names, but you know who you are! This is what you get when you break the rules, a bit the same when you all exploited the Kritias bug in the past, funny that it's the same team again...
  • Sam016Sam016
    Reactions: 1,880
    edited January 2017
    AeonTouch0fAllJobs

My character, Touch0fLumi, is also stuck, though I can login the 23 other chars on the same account...

As AKradian said :
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

I doubt the packets themselves would be useful to look at. Obviously they would be different between characters, since they contain the info about the character.
    What I suspect is happening is that the client is stuck in a loop trying to build some internal data-structure based on the info sent by the server.
    A debug-enabled client would show the exact problem easily, so really all we need to do is wait for the devs (who were apparently informed of the issue) to attempt to log in to one of the affected characters.
    I just finished opening about 130-140 nodestones when I noticed I had some pretty bad lag peaks every 4-5 seconds...
    So I relogged and found myself stuck... I think the client is in a loop since the nodestone data is quite a lot and it will remember all stones opened over time...

Touch (Harold)

EDIT : I like to point out that some names in the list did NOT get stuck by this bug, but due to illegal entering Dream City/Lucid before the world was officially opened! Too bad guys, I will not mention your names, but you know who you are! This is what you get when you break the rules, a bit the same when you all exploited the Kritias bug in the past, funny that it's the same team again...
    Do you have any proof to back up the lachelein cause? Tons of people accessed it and still have not gotten stuck so I am curious to see where you got this from

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    I would think that if accessing Lachelein was the cause, people would be temp-banned, not single-character-blocked like that. It doesn't sound like something Nexon can even do on purpose (and if it were, the GM's would simply say so in response to a ticket/chat).
    Smadar
  • PigggyPigggy
    edited January 2017
    He is just trying to troll us ignore that idiot or maybe he is the one hacking and got himself stuck due to entering lachelein
  • jasonxddjasonxdd
    Reactions: 740
    edited January 2017
    I don't see anything wrong entering lachelien when it was first availavle by accident. I mean, it's accessible from maple guide to anyone above 220 lol. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass for once.

Also some macroimg NL that recently hit 250 on YMCK was also training in lachelien when it was first available by accident. He didn't get stuck or banned and was able to macro his way to 250 safe and sound (while stuck character issue is going on), despite being reported with video evidence several times already :)
  • Select_CarteSelect_Carte
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited September 2023
    I got stuck a few hours ago by entering the Cash Shop and claiming my reward points after doing some of my Daily Bosses.
  • IMPDELFIMPDELF
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    What you guys think? Will Nexon actually fix this tomorrow? Yay or Nay.
  • CorruptingCorrupting
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2017
    What you guys think? Will Nexon actually fix this tomorrow? Yay or Nay.
    Meh its Nexon.
  • AlexisShionAlexisShion
    Reactions: 905
    edited January 2017
    AeonTouch0fAllJobs

As AKradian said :
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Touch (Harold)

Theres only 5 people on that list from Luna touch boy. And you talking in plural. Would you mind explaining? @AeonTouchOfAllJobs
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2017
    SOOOOOO! How many hours do you think the maint will be tomorrow!!! My money's on 12-16 hours. (and another 8 extra)
  • IMPDELFIMPDELF
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    Maintenance till 1 PM PST then extend to 3 PM PST then Emergency Maintenance after one hour, because patch didn't actually fix anything.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    IMPDELF
    IMPDELF said:

: Maintenance till 1 PM PST then extend to 3 PM PST then Emergency Maintenance after one hour, because patch didn't actually fix anything.
    Patch not fixing anything is not a reason for an emergency maintenance. If the fix doesn't work, they'll just say, "Sorry, we'll try again next week."
  • EtherealM5EtherealM5
    edited January 2017
    my ticket got updated and they said they will be "looking into this issue further" So that tells me that they have a list of "things to try" and a list of people affected. They'll slowly go through the list. I'm expecting multiple extensions. as well as a possibility of still not being able to log in. best of luck and hopefully if not all but some of us see the light of our character landing.
  • surisuri
    Reactions: 635
    edited January 2017
    EtherealM5

my ticket got updated and they said they will be "looking into this issue further" So that tells me that they have a list of "things to try" and a list of people affected. They'll slowly go through the list. I'm expecting multiple extensions. as well as a possibility of still not being able to log in. best of luck and hopefully if not all but some of us see the light of our character landing.
    Lucky you !

My ticket got closed as soon as they replied. =(
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited January 2017
    Leaving this here in case anyone missed it

"UPDATE - 1/9/17

We would like to apologize that some of you have been unable to access your characters, as observed across our forums and Customer Service portal. We posted an update last week on the forum that we have been investigating the issue, and today we’d like to let you know that we are making every effort to resolve this issue during our next scheduled maintenance on January 12th. We thank you for your ongoing patience while we looked into this issue. "

Link: https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000158463-I-m-unable-to-access-specific-characters-on-my-account