[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory has stopped working Issue

Comments

• jkljkl
    Reactions: 200
    edited January 2017
    Finally able to log in somehow very happy woo! its been about 9 days at least but happy now
  • kogatai1992kogatai1992
    edited January 2017
    I wanted to be very happy so neither friend, even after yesterday's update I can log in ... it continues to crash as soon as I click on the region
  • BurningEthosBurningEthos
    Reactions: 245
    edited January 2017
    I've got the same problem mate, I can log in to the NA server & Character. The game will crash within 2 minutes of trying to play. In all the years of playing maplestory I've never experienced the game crashing this bad.

I feel Nexon needs to put some of there profit back into there business & fix the problem.
    HustleExpressNebulousViper
  • WhiteWolf81WhiteWolf81
    Reactions: 880
    edited January 2017
    I get this a lot... maybe 50% of the time I try starting the game via gamelauncher.exe, and also when I go to change character. Sometimes it will happen 3 times in a row before I can finally get on. And it crashes at random places... sometimes before the login screen, sometimes after logging in, and sometimes after putting in my PIC. Happens on both my laptop & desktop both running Win10, and it's a fairly new issue. (probably as of 5th job)
    BurningEthoskogatai1992HustleExpressNebulousViper
  • HustleExpressHustleExpress
    edited January 2017
    Actually got in game for a few hours earlier today after 3 days of crashing at region screen, Tried again now and it started crashing over and over again.. back on step 1 :/
  • TashieTashie
    Reactions: 1,450
    edited January 2017
    sighhhhhhhh having this issue too :( after clicking north america the entire thing just crashes
  • xNocturnusxxNocturnusx
    edited January 2017
    Does the Maple team even care about this? I mean,I haven't seen them even reply to these kinds of topics or to actually do something about it in the mantainances they've had for a long time now. Or is it that as long as players who donate keep playing that's all they care about? I wonder...
    This problem has been here for a very long time now, and I really haven't seen them do anything about it.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2017
    Started crashing after the 2x event going on
  • DaemoniserDaemoniser
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited January 2017
    Untitledp_aeaqneq.png
    ruth02
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Same for me. I have reported about it to the nexon customer support.
    However, there is no such a solution regarding this until now.
    I believe it's an issue they should fix.
  • NebulousViperNebulousViper
    Reactions: 940
    edited February 2017
    Attempted to log in last night. No progress. Couldn't even select a world.

Does this mean I have to go back into hibernation for another 8 years? TTwTT
    (I had this account for a little over 8 years and never got back to playing until last year because I found out a few of my Internet friends played it. I haven't touched my account in about 8 years and therefore, I don't know a lot about the new things that came in for MS within that timespan.)
  • AnoryAnory
    Reactions: 425
    edited February 2017
    The game crashed with the message "MapleStory has stopped working", right after I selected a server.
    It's been 10 minutes, and the Nexon Launcher still tells me I'm "currently in game".
    So I can't log on.

EDIT: over 20 minutes now...

EDIT: I'm able to log in again (after half an hour of waiting)
  • OkumanOkuman
    Reactions: 340
    edited February 2017
    Great to see 2 months after I made my original post that the same issue still persists :)
    Attaboy Nexon!
    Narps
  • NebulousViperNebulousViper
    Reactions: 940
    edited February 2017
    Right? Why is it that whenever I finally have the time to chill and play games, something always has to spoil it? TTwTT I had a whole month's worth of winter break and couldn't play because of this problem. I finally have the time this week to play due to less workload and school assignments and this issue STILL isn't resolved.
    I ended up playing Sims 3 over winter break and Hyrule Warriors this week to pass the time. Not a bad thing, but I really wanted to play MapleStory at least once??? TT_TT
  • XariappaXariappa
    Reactions: 655
    edited February 2017
    Score sofar:
    First time trying to start the game: Run-time Error after logging in and selecting channel.
    Second try: Maplestory stopped working after selecting region.
    Third try: Maplestory stopped working after selecting region.
    Fourth try: Cannot connect to server due to one of the following reasons .....
    Fifth try: Game just locked up after selecting region (Maplestory stopped responding).
    Sixth try: Game just locked up after selecting region (Maplestory stopped responding).
    Seventh try: Maplestory stopped working after selecting region.
    Eighth try: Finally got in.
  • SynxinSynxin
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I don't know if this will help but I was having the same problem (Steam on Windows 10) and I went to "Gamelauncher.exe" and turned compatibility mode off and didn't run as admin and the game finally worked? Just a suggestion if you set to auto run as admin.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    I have the same issue today.
    It worked fine yesterday but now it crashes when choosing region.
  • PonPonPonPon
    Reactions: 1,265
    edited February 2017
    The problem persists.

Here's a work-around:
    1. Run MapleStory and open Task Manager (highlight maplestory.exe)
    2. Get in to the region selection window (the one with a girl and a boy).
    3. Click your region when MapleStory's memory is between 300mb and 350mb.
    4. Magic!

It should work 90% of the time.
  • ActionCortActionCort
    Reactions: 815
    edited February 2017
    I have the same problem. From time to time I can login after 10 tries (not overreacting). I become really demotivated by this, sometimes I just don't feel like playing because of this. I seriously can't understand why Nexon isn't mentioning this issue on the website. This should have a critical priority.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Seriously!!!
    Now i cant even get to the region selection.
    They should fix it.
    How can that be so unstable.