[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Choco Buff (Nerf)

Comments

• ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited February 2017
    GOOD JOB Drakeos99!! Now your wish dream come true! Nexon nerfes it again to 5%!!
    And I don't bother at all to lvl it to 250 because 5% is useless since i have ring with 5% crit dmg .
    Argent
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited February 2017
    Okay, before more people come to whale at this thread for existing, I want everyone to cool their heads and stop blaming this guy for the nerfs. No one knows if OP really was the reason why Nexon decided to nerf things and it's unwarranted. You can disagree with them, but kindly lay off the accusations.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Okay, before more people come to whale at this thread for existing, I want everyone to cool their heads and stop blaming this guy for the nerfs. No one knows if OP really was the reason why Nexon decided to nerf things and it's unwarranted. You can disagree with them, but kindly lay off the accusations.

Of course it's not his fault.
    Nexon never reads these forums.
    It's someone at Nexon who decided to look at the buff and suddenly said, "Isn't this a little OP?"

• NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited February 2017
    More like "Isn't it this TOO enjoyable for this game?"
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited February 2017
    When nexon sees something enjoyable they always decide to nerf it for players this why we can't have nice things :/.
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    Reactions: 1,625
    edited February 2017
    Now choco buff nerf |#2 = Boss and Crit 5% nerf
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Drakeos99 wrote: »
    Now choco buff nerf |#2 = Boss and Crit 5% nerf

LOL

Guess I'm doing dojo tonight. Now the buff seems more reasonable. Giving everyone an instant 100% damage (vs. bosses) buff was pretty crazy lol.

(to anyone that might misunderstand, it's getting nerfed to 5% boss and crit. As in, you're losing 40% damage this time unless it's a typo lmao)
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited February 2017
    Considering the amount of effort required is still the same, yeah I'm not part-taking in getting a daily buff anymore. The event is no longer worth my time.

Once again, this is why we can't have great things. Garbage events followed by garbage events. The one good thing about a event and it gets nerfed. First it was Santa Boxes, now the Choco Buff!

The only time where an event got a buff was Madhouse and that was in October 2015.
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited February 2017
    Okay nerfing Boss/Crit is now 5% little to far now myshade can't solo anything due to losing 40% of his damage geee thanks nexon more reason to wanting to stop playing and my damage is weak even with %stats on my gear i was hitting 1.4k and now im hitting 700-800k around 175+ either give back our buff or remove iit entirely
    Lair
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Okay nerfing Boss/Crit is now 5% little to far now myshade can't solo anything due to losing 40% of his damage geee thanks nexon more reason to wanting to stop playing and my damage is weak even with %stats on my gear i was hitting 1.4k and now im hitting 700-800k around 175+ either give back our buff or remove iit entirely
    Funny how you care now.

Enjoy your wish :p
    ZeldaOfHyruleDeeMonXenon92LairPirateIzzy
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    edited February 2017
    wow they will keep on try to low this buff to i do not see any point of get to 250 anymore if they keep on doing this what next the 50% exp get cut down 30% or crt rate go down to 10% or all stats down to 25 who know if they keep this up nobody will not do this buff it all rdy hard to get o 250 and make thing bad the combat orb have a smell % of fk up your buff to if u all rdy hit cap on the buff
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited February 2017

Why did you even make a complaint in the first place?
    Lair
  • PIggyBankPIggyBank
    Reactions: 220
    edited February 2017
    You either spend more money or stop complaining about everything.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017

Now you get on here and whine? Dude, you are the one who started this post, complaining about it being too powerful. People are theorizing that Nexon immediately went all hands on deck to fulfill your wish of going nurf'd to the ground with this buff because of this post. I thought from the original title of your post (now changed) that you didn't want the buff at all in the first place.

Perhaps in the future you'll learn to sit on your hands when you think of coming on these forums and asking to get nurf'd. Don't worry, Nexon will take care to do so without your request, because they love ruining everyone's day when it comes to nice events, but it won't exactly win you any community awards to post like you did, and especially when you do a 180 and contradict your own post later down the road when you see just how low Nexon will stoop for you.

Keyan the Evan
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited February 2017

Now you get on here and whine? Dude, you are the one who started this post, complaining about it being too powerful. People are theorizing that Nexon immediately went all hands on deck to fulfill your wish of going nurf'd to the ground with this buff because of this post. I thought from the title of your post that you didn't want the buff at all in the first place.

Perhaps in the future you'll learn to sit on your hands when you think of coming on these forums and asking to get nurf'd. Don't worry, Nexon will take care to do so without your request, because they love ruining everyone's day when it comes to nice events, but it won't exactly win you any community awards to post like you did, and especially when you do a 180 and contradict your own post later down the road when you see just how low Nexon will stoop for you.

Maybe wasn't my fault who started this complaint .... Think of people already clearing lucid fast hence WHY nexon had to put their foot down ..... hence why crit/boss damage nerf and such ... they don't want people clearing lucid fast with the buff .... suppose to be a progression (until 4th area unlocks) yet blaming ME for nothing .. all i said was choco buff was little OP cause people clearing lucid left to right (even youtube/streamers clearing lotus/damien and lucid in 1-3 goes) so prob WHY they did this nerf
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited February 2017

Now you get on here and whine? Dude, you are the one who started this post, complaining about it being too powerful. People are theorizing that Nexon immediately went all hands on deck to fulfill your wish of going nurf'd to the ground with this buff because of this post. I thought from the title of your post that you didn't want the buff at all in the first place.

Maybe wasn't my fault who started this complaint .... Think of people already clearing lucid fast hence WHY nexon had to put their foot down ..... hence why crit/boss damage nerf and such ... they don't want people clearing lucid fast with the buff .... suppose to be a progression (until 4th area unlocks) yet blaming ME for nothing .. all i said was choco buff was little OP cause people clearing lucid left to right (even youtube/streamers clearing lotus/damien and lucid in 1-3 goes) so prob WHY they did this nerf

nah its all your fault :p

i joke.
    Keyan the EvanLair
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017

People cleared Lucid before this event even started...

Also, nice giant edit of your original post, I think it's too late now too edit though.

(to anyone just coming to this thread, it's previous title was "people abusing bossing with new chocolate buff" and complained about how strong it was, then it got nerfed, and he completely edited his original post and title.)
    BooberpuppyLair
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited February 2017
    @Drakeos99 It is my observation that there is no such thing as a "little OP" in Nexon's eyes. It's all or nothing. Whether something is slightly overpowered or OP to the extreme, they usually run it to the ground, in some cases making something absurdly worthless (ya know, just in case) some times so bad as to seemingly punish those who actually enjoyed that power for any period of time.

This is nothing new in MMOs, but Nexon is particularly disgusting about it. Also, they usually don't bother to give any explanation as to why they did what they did. They just do it. At least they put this one in the patch notes so that those who bother to read them didn't log in to another surprise nerf, though I'm wondering always if they didn't ninja some other change to our detriment.

If Nexon didn't have the foresight to see what was going to happen with this, then perhaps they need to learn their own game a little better before releasing these events and then backpedaling in the middle of them. It's unsettling to the players, and in general, a bad practice. A lot of people believe that Nexon doesn't play their own game enough to make intelligent and rational decisions with these implementations and changes, and I think that is more or less true when I see these things happen.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    edited February 2017
    Also, nice giant edit of your original post, I think it's too late now too edit though.

(to anyone just coming to this thread, it's previous title was "people abusing bossing with new chocolate buff" and complained about how strong it was, then it got nerfed, and he completely edited his original post and title.)

Yes, I had to go back to one of my previous posts and edit it after seeing him do this a bit ago. I think he did it because of something I said a little earlier. No guarantee this is true, but it almost felt to me like he wanted to make me look like (to any one who had not previously seen the post) I didn't know what I was talking about in reference to the original title. This also makes a lot of other people's replies look nonsensical, such as AKradian's reply immediately after, asking "How is this "abuse"?"

Had to change mine from this - "I thought from the title of your post that you didn't want the buff at all in the first place."

to this- "I thought from the original title of your post (now changed) that you didn't want the buff at all in the first place."

I really don't think edits to the original post's text and title should be allowed by the OP this much later on, especially considering that the entire thread's discussion was built around the original and somewhat click-baity title which garnered thousands of views and several pages of replies.
    Keyan the Evan
  • Drakeos99Drakeos99
    edited February 2017