[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

nerf hayato

psiPpsiP
Reactions: 1,750
edited February 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
hayato currently have an unfair advantage over all other classes due to dmg% boost from shimada heart
please remove hayato's shimada heart and reduce dmg% output from all their skills

Comments

• JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Uuhh. . . reduce damage from ALL their skills?
    Shimada heart may be OP but does it really need to be REMOVED?
    At best, I could see it getting a cap on DMG increase.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited February 2017

reducing damage on all their skills is the worst idea imagineable, sure add a cap to shimada heart but nerfing the oother skills would make them far weaker than any of the other classes, capping shimada heart would be enough to even them out especially as the only change for hayato since V was having the ability to get more def stat due to the def cap change, before that they were pretty even and some would even have considered hayato to be on the lower end of the damage scale
    JettLuvsUIts2Sharp4U
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2017
    Hayato is actually kinda weak...at least my Hayato friend is.
  • SilverswornSilversworn
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited February 2017
    Never in my entire time maining this class would I imagine seeing a thread like this. How far we've come.

A nerf will probably come eventually, but region-exclusive classes are slow to get updates, so we may not see any changes for a long time. Though I'd love if we could stay strong for a bit longer to make up for all those years people laughed at us. Haha!
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    the only change for hayato since V was having the ability to get more def stat due to the def cap change
    Hayato actually received a few more changes after V. The cast action on their Maple Warrior was removed (finally) and their crit damage was buffed from 8% to 25%. Yet Shimada Heart was left intact. Of course there's nothing stopping them from addressing it later on, but Hayato has already received two separate changes since V and nothing's been done about Shimada Heart yet... there could be a slight possibility that Nexon is happy with it and will leave it as it is.
  • StellarDemonStellarDemon
    Reactions: 1,270
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    psiP wrote: »
    hayato currently have an unfair advantage over all other classes due to dmg% boost from shimada heart
    please remove hayato's shimada heart and reduce dmg% output from all their skills

did a hayato ks you? haha it's pretty sad all the other classes can be strong but once hayato gets somewhere people complain
    MakazeKiba
  • NeedAssistanceNeedAssistance
    Reactions: 325
    edited February 2017

There IS a cap on Shimada Heart, though. As there has always been.

@OP: Yes, let's revert Hayato back to its pre-revamp state. All those people who've been dedicated to the class since before they were any good damage-wise don't deserve to get nice things!
  • ScaroaScaroa
    Reactions: 520
    edited February 2017
    So after a formidable amount of consideration into this topic, my guild and I have come up with this: http://imgur.com/a/G9E5y
    moomoovicbumbertyrStellarDemonNeedAssistanceIvangoldCatoooloooDeeMonCorruptedPhoenixSlicedTimeFennekinand 2 others.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited February 2017
    But do you realize how hard it is for Hayatos to get 99,999 defense? It's almost as hard as capping kaisers back when Cap was 50mil.

450% damage may be worth playing hayato for a few but you're gonna pay for it by cubing for % DEF instead of STR% and using up neb sockets with DEF and not STR or Attack/boss/dmg

Also just a reminder Hayato has 0% def skills so it's raw DEF and % DEF from outside resources.
    MakazeKibaCorruptedPhoenix
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    But do you realize how hard it is for Hayatos to get 99,999 defense? It's almost as hard as capping kaisers back when Cap was 50mil.

450% damage may be worth playing hayato for a few but you're gonna pay for it by cubing for % DEF instead of STR% and using up neb sockets with DEF and not STR or Attack/boss/dmg

Also just a reminder Hayato has 0% def skills so it's raw DEF and % DEF from outside resources.

I have to agree on you, i see Hayatos having far less str doing the same damage as others with more stats(having 25k str equal to 40k other jobs), but these people always have eqps with %def, they lose a lot of str to gain the defense, i still wonder if these guys have that much DEF, still i wonder if it's really broken due to no changes happen in the V-Patch.
    MakazeKiba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Scaroa wrote: »
    So after a formidable amount of consideration into this topic, my guild and I have come up with this: http://imgur.com/a/G9E5y

10/10 my friends and i made the same jokes. How is a Kinesis going to complain about Hayato being op when they're a manaless class that can just spam ultimates
    MakazeKiba
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited February 2017
    Scaroa wrote: »

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqtgdesWEy0iKgRLEDcrTbTyFRY8QLcQiMchtbjf-yjcqXHXVc
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited February 2017
    @psiP - You're breaking a cardinal rule here. Don't ask for a nerf on anything, EVER. Nexon will take it to heart and completely ruin whatever it is you want changed, much for the worse.

You have lots to learn here, kiddo. We get enough bad changes as it is without your encouraging them by asking for more nerfs.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    Nerf bot wizzurds first, dood.

yea nerf kinesis bots dood
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    How would you feel if your class got nerfed, i'm not a hayato main, but i don't think it's fair to ask for a class to be nerfed. ( Any Class )
    just saying.

we should stick together and not be against each other.
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited February 2017
    To quote Aggraphine from an similar, earlier thread:
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious. Everyone has basically looked at Hayato and gone "lol bugged mastery why would I ever play it" and now the defense cap is removed and Hayato is like this

MOHrW.png
    LOOK AT ME NOW, NERDS. WHO'S THE BIG MAN NOW?

Still gives me the giggles.
    JettLuvsU
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited February 2017
    Worth the double post:
    WHAT_NOW_v2.jpg
    JettLuvsUIvangoldSlicedTime
  • HadxseHadxse
    Reactions: 200
    edited March 2017
    500% damage increase is a little too much isn't it? Maybe just nerf it a little? Such an imbalanced job..
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    Hadxse wrote: »
    500% damage increase is a little too much isn't it? Maybe just nerf it a little? Such an imbalanced job..

A "little nerf":
    - Shining Santa Boxes.
    - Choco Power!
    - BFF Event.

Also numbers don't prove anything until you actually compare to some other classes and then against something that's actually a moving target like Chaos Vellum.

500% damage versus what? 0%? Are you trying to make it sound that Hayato is broken without comparing anything to it?

I feel like this entire thread is whining about how Hayato had a crappy mastery and now that it's good, "oh it's way too broken" without anything else to compare. It's like another thread where someone claimed DBs are weak yet the bias was based on outdated videos where damage caps still existed.

If you really want to prove that "Hayato is the most broken class" show some numbers to compare between each class and their effectiveness on a mob that moves. Do not use DPS/DPM charts because that assumes on insane variables which do include a stationary mob that does absolutely nothing.

You can't argue something based on nothing, that's where it makes no sense. If you don't have the time to prove it or don't want to then you can't just say "oh Hayato's broken now because the defense cap got raised". That literally says nothing besides "bigger numbers". There needs to be something to compare to.
    Ivangold
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Hadxse wrote: »

A "little nerf":
    - Shining Santa Boxes.
    - Choco Power!
    - BFF Event.

^ THIS

Do not ever utter the words "nerf this" in any case, Nexon will begin to lick their chops and crack their coding fingers and say "all right, you asked for it..."
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    One of the things is that the skill never had a cap, so it came out without a cap, and i if it were to get a cap they would already done it in JMS, and seens that nothing happened, so it seens balanced, in it's own terms. Again most hayatos end up having %def as well, so having like 30k str for hayato is a lot.