[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.228 On Air: Glimpse of Joy Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

BFF event exp is unfair

Comments

  • RereRere
    Reactions: 610
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Snitched. I was really enjoying it. I made a new character today so if it were to roll all the way back for some reason, I'd seriously lose my mind.
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    Posts: 108
    Member
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    selfish and crazy people omg

    but you dont complain about botters ? and how they ruin the market ? ohh wait thats oke with you .....

    I made a thread specifically against botting and how it's damaging the game.
    Don't make assumptions.


    @Its2Sharp4U:
    How am I being a hypocrite?

    @forumsareannoying:
    Ok, then why not have nexon just release an event that automatically levels your character from 1 to 200?
    Oh what's that? That's insane? But it's a "good" thing, why are you complaining?


    The long and short of it is that the exp from the event is excessive and allowing players to level far far too quickly than was ever intended. There's something wrong if you're able to get from 226->230 in under 24 hours.
    Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof?

    I've lost all faith in this community.
    You're all spoiled and care nothing about balance in the game.
    I truly cannot believe there are so many people like this playing this game.

    Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof? Actually don't answer that, it's against the ToS to name ppl. But if you say the rankings, I just want to point out that the rankings do not update in realtime(meaning if i gain 20bil exp today it might take more than a day to update). No one knows how accurate the ranking system. And 226-230 in 24 hrs is do-able under the right conditions. So idk why you're making such a big deal out of it.

    This is why you're a hypocrite ~~> http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/25135/#Comment_25135

    Also, don't presume to know what my response would be if Nexon released an event that "automatically" levels my character from 1-200. Granted, I already have 40 characters lv 200 or higher. However, I would gladly accept a free lv 200 character without complaining. We have had more than enough issues with Maple to start complaining about Good things. All you're doing is ruining this great opportunity to make up for lost time caused by lag, disconnections, maintenances, updates, and the lack of 2x events.

    How could you have lost faith in this community when it seems like you just joined in December? You can't lose something you don't have and you don't know what this community has had to offer in terms of "balance" to Maplestory. If you did, you would have more than 20 posts.

    Anyways, I'm getting too sucked into this thread. You seem to be trolling.

    It's a matter of degrees. It is not broken to allow people to work to obtain event coins to buy untradeable expiring slates in quantities greater than 5.
    It is broken to allow people to level every 30 minutes-hour in the 220s and 230s when other sources of exp won't get you anywhere near that amount.
    It's not hypocritical of me because you're comparing apples to oranges.

    And I'm not trolling. What is it with you people and accusing anyone with a different opinion of trolling?

    I think this event is unbalanced and should be appropriately rebalanced.
    You guys have dog piled on me for daring to question balance issues so long as it's tilted in favor of players, because how dare a player think some things in the game shouldn't be so easy or so fast...

    Oh, and I've been around since 2009. I signed up for the forums much later. I don't recall when, but don't bring seniority into this. I've been around long enough to gauge the overall maplestory community.

    Can you show me a video of someone leveling every 30min~1 hour in the level range of 220~230? Because I wasn't able to do anywhere near that considering each run takes like 10minutes assuming you get monster park first or second stage each time and that only gives you about 2~5%.
  • NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Posts: 69
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    You shouldn't be able to just flat out exploit something like this. I'm glad they caught it this early. I'm not too happy about it catching me off guard like that. lol
  • XxDrkMinatoxXXxDrkMinatoxX
    Reactions: 710
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited March 2017
    xOtaku wrote: »
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    selfish and crazy people omg

    but you dont complain about botters ? and how they ruin the market ? ohh wait thats oke with you .....

    I made a thread specifically against botting and how it's damaging the game.
    Don't make assumptions.


    @Its2Sharp4U:
    How am I being a hypocrite?

    @forumsareannoying:
    Ok, then why not have nexon just release an event that automatically levels your character from 1 to 200?
    Oh what's that? That's insane? But it's a "good" thing, why are you complaining?


    The long and short of it is that the exp from the event is excessive and allowing players to level far far too quickly than was ever intended. There's something wrong if you're able to get from 226->230 in under 24 hours.
    Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof?

    I've lost all faith in this community.
    You're all spoiled and care nothing about balance in the game.
    I truly cannot believe there are so many people like this playing this game.

    Who leveled from 226-230 is 24 hours and where's your proof? Actually don't answer that, it's against the ToS to name ppl. But if you say the rankings, I just want to point out that the rankings do not update in realtime(meaning if i gain 20bil exp today it might take more than a day to update). No one knows how accurate the ranking system. And 226-230 in 24 hrs is do-able under the right conditions. So idk why you're making such a big deal out of it.

    This is why you're a hypocrite ~~> http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/25135/#Comment_25135

    Also, don't presume to know what my response would be if Nexon released an event that "automatically" levels my character from 1-200. Granted, I already have 40 characters lv 200 or higher. However, I would gladly accept a free lv 200 character without complaining. We have had more than enough issues with Maple to start complaining about Good things. All you're doing is ruining this great opportunity to make up for lost time caused by lag, disconnections, maintenances, updates, and the lack of 2x events.

    How could you have lost faith in this community when it seems like you just joined in December? You can't lose something you don't have and you don't know what this community has had to offer in terms of "balance" to Maplestory. If you did, you would have more than 20 posts.

    Anyways, I'm getting too sucked into this thread. You seem to be trolling.

    It's a matter of degrees. It is not broken to allow people to work to obtain event coins to buy untradeable expiring slates in quantities greater than 5.
    It is broken to allow people to level every 30 minutes-hour in the 220s and 230s when other sources of exp won't get you anywhere near that amount.
    It's not hypocritical of me because you're comparing apples to oranges.

    And I'm not trolling. What is it with you people and accusing anyone with a different opinion of trolling?

    I think this event is unbalanced and should be appropriately rebalanced.
    You guys have dog piled on me for daring to question balance issues so long as it's tilted in favor of players, because how dare a player think some things in the game shouldn't be so easy or so fast...

    Oh, and I've been around since 2009. I signed up for the forums much later. I don't recall when, but don't bring seniority into this. I've been around long enough to gauge the overall maplestory community.

    Can you show me a video of someone leveling every 30min~1 hour in the level range of 220~230? Because I wasn't able to do anywhere near that considering each run takes like 10minutes assuming you get monster park first or second stage each time and that only gives you about 2~5%.

    pq is also affected by exp multis.. but side note i agree with u, even with 8x i didnt level every 30mins..... and i was thankfull all 50runs i did was with the same bishop <3
  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited March 2017
    I wasnt really aware of how much exp you get regarding my earlier post - 1 run got me from 120-144. Just via the Monsterpark stage. 10% per run on my main - 216.
    I ran a 2x coupon to check however i dont believe it works in there as i only got 10% with it on as i did without it.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    Posts: 322
    Member
    edited March 2017
    seriously, people can't let good things happen... they complain get it nerf then complain about it being nerfed... like seriously use it to your advantage, its not an isolated event where only a few can do it, you have the means to do it as well so why are you complaining. just because you were probably lazy to do the dam event,people rejecting you or aborting after the mp stage don't ruin it for others.. smh this is why we can't have good things

    IDK which is sadder, the fact that we already know exactly what Nexon are doing here even without them giving us explanation about it,
    or that this entire thread even exists in the first place. Nexon have no concept of doing anything but completely destroying the event in question. Like I've said before, it's all or nothing. There is no in between, no slight or reasonable adjustment. They will completely f--k this event to the point of no participation, mark my words.

    This company is absolutely unparalleled when it comes to disappointing a playerbase with screwing us out of a good meaningful event, and now the community is starting to match that with these posts of begging for nerfs on the few good things in the few aspects of events keeping us coming back to the game, only to have them yanked directly from underneath our feet every single time. I don't typically hate this hard, but to those of you doing these type of posts and ruining things for the rest of us, be glad I don't know who you are in real life. I'd bust your face to unrecognizable levels.
    XxDrkMinatoxXRereXemnCeleste123KonariIts2Sharp4UDough
  • XxDrkMinatoxXXxDrkMinatoxX
    Reactions: 710
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited March 2017
    seriously, people can't let good things happen... they complain get it nerf then complain about it being nerfed... like seriously use it to your advantage, its not an isolated event where only a few can do it, you have the means to do it as well so why are you complaining. just because you were probably lazy to do the dam event,people rejecting you or aborting after the mp stage don't ruin it for others.. smh this is why we can't have good things

    IDK which is sadder, the fact that we already know exactly what Nexon are doing here even without them giving us explanation about it,
    or that this entire thread even exists in the first place.

    This company is absolutely unparalleled when it comes to disappointing a playerbase, and now the community is starting to match that with these posts of begging for nerfs on the few good things in the few aspects of events keeping us coming back to the game, only to have them yanked directly from underneath our feet every single time. I don't typically hate this hard, but to those of you doing these type of posts and ruining things for the rest of us, be glad I don't know who you are in real life. I'd bust your face to unrecognizable levels.


    its like befitting them too, it not hurting anyone. like people in this current "new" forum community are just (no comment)...... the thing nexon should focus on is the botters and not nerf these types of events.. heck these types of people only complain either because they were just to lazy to do this event or if they were ditched for that monster park stage... like seriously a bunch of the people on this forum complain nexon doesn't give us anything good but when they do they throw it back at nexon saying we don't the good stuff we want the useless stuff again.....
    Xemn
  • SircaptainSircaptain
    Reactions: 740
    Posts: 20
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    There's a fine line between good events and broken events.
    And this is a broken event, it gives way too much than it should give, it reminds me back of the OLD Ems times when there was like a 27x exp event going on.
    I didn't miss it, I just didnt participate in it, same for this event, I did it once and immediately never again.
    I hope it's going to be nerfed, I just want the coins and good times with random people without leveling ridiculously fast
    though after the nerf, there will probably be only salty times with random people as they complain about the exp nerf.

    EDIT: Thank you LittleTLK, with players like you still here, there's hope for maplestory, keep up the good work :D
    Nerf incoming, dreams come true
    NyaraKeyan the Evan
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    Posts: 34
    Member
    edited March 2017
    @LittleTLK - I'm taking a trip to hell tonight to personally begin construction on a special room for you there.

    LOL!

    Really needs to be stopped with the nerfing of all events recently, how many have thre been? Like 4 events all been nerfed so bad? I hope this one NX leaves it reasonable level of adjustment and we can still enjoy some leveling up and making friends!?
    XxDrkMinatoxXBooberpuppy
  • KonariKonari
    Reactions: 940
    Posts: 18
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    020239376af9344d9bb92374c5ee1492.png

    I'm just gonna leave this here.
    DemonluckXenon92
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    Posts: 322
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Sircaptain wrote: »
    There's a fine line between good events and broken events.
    And this is a broken event, it gives way too much than it should give, it reminds me back of the OLD Ems times when there was like a 27x exp event going on.
    I didn't miss it, I just didnt participate in it, same for this event, I did it once and immediately never again.
    I hope it's going to be nerfed, I just want the coins and good times with random people without leveling ridiculously fast
    though after the nerf, there will probably be only salty times with random people as they complain about the exp nerf.

    EDIT: Thank you LittleTLK, with players like you still here, there's hope for maplestory, keep up the good work :D
    Nerf incoming, dreams come true

    You tooting your own horn there just a little bit, LittleTLK account #2? Seriously, there can't be 2 idiots running around spreading the exact same trollface ideals. If there really are, just kill me now.

    That aside, the problem is that Nexon has no throttle with the nerfing of events. It's all or nothing. So when they screw us out of any good experience points or rewards from it, you will not be enjoying anything with any one in the BFF event, because no one will have any incentive to sign up. You don't need this event to make new friends with anyways...well maybe YOU do.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,625
    Posts: 6,129
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    A couple thoughts:

    I agree that this event was "too good to be true". As in, completely out of proportion. Normal events can double or even triple leveling speed, especially at lower levels, but this was just silly.
    However, it was not "unfair," because everyone could participate.


    Nexon consistently fails to check its new content, both for bugs and for poor design. They have no idea whether anything is too hard (remember Madhouse battery drop rate?), too powerful (choco buff), too laggy (eternal kill-quest lag during Haste event) or too rewarding (bff exp). If it's true that TWMS didn't have exp at all in the BFF Monster Park stage, then it's all the more puzzling that the GMS team added exp without thinking of how to scale it correctly. Does the real monster park give this kind of exp?

    BooberpuppyXxDrkMinatoxXIts2Sharp4UBahamut_XXenon92
  • YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    Posts: 54
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    I've lost all faith in this community.
    You're all spoiled and care nothing about balance in the game.
    I truly cannot believe there are so many people like this playing this game.

    I've lost pretty much all my faith in this community too. Because every single little thing causes someone to piss and moan and whine and complain on the forums. None of you are happy with anything anyone does. Nothing anyone does will ever be good enough.


    You pretty much described the whole world in few lines.


  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    Posts: 45
    Member
    edited March 2017
    wow i never seen this much hate on a post before i think LittleTLk just made a lot of people who will like this event mad i know u was doing the right thing by tall nexon that the exp was to high but at the same time u just kill the event of a lot of people to and of the people who do not have that much time to play maple story
  • xOtakuxOtaku
    Reactions: 1,355
    Posts: 108
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Demonluck wrote: »
    wow i never seen this much hate on a post before i think LittleTLk just made a lot of people who will like this event mad i know u was doing the right thing by tall nexon that the exp was to high but at the same time u just kill the event of a lot of people to and of the people who do not have that much time to play maple story

    You clearly haven't seen the choco buff thread and the one after that where the OP of that thread did a 180 change then tried to change what he said
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    Posts: 322
    Member
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    A couple thoughts:

    I agree that this event was "too good to be true". As in, completely out of proportion. Normal events can double or even triple leveling speed, especially at lower levels, but this was just silly.
    However, it was not "unfair," because everyone could participate.


    Nexon consistently fails to check its new content, both for bugs and for poor design. They have no idea whether anything is too hard (remember Madhouse battery drop rate?), too powerful (choco buff), too laggy (eternal kill-quest lag during Haste event) or too rewarding (bff exp). If it's true that TWMS didn't have exp at all in the BFF Monster Park stage, then it's all the more puzzling that the GMS team added exp without thinking of how to scale it correctly. Does the real monster park give this kind of exp?

    I was dancing around this concept throughout this thread, so thank you for articulating. You're good at that.

    It seems like they just see reports of "exp far too much" and have no idea how far to turn down the knobs for proper balance. "So hey, should we just crank them way down, just to be safe n' make sure it ain't broke no more? Yep, let's do that." I'm expecting to walk in to a ruined BFF event here in about an hour. They really need to start testing their own game by playing it more often and get a feel for how these adjustments actually impact the gameplay.

  • xMuramasaxMuramasa
    Reactions: 650
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Well, we'll see soon enough how much damage has been done.

    Can we lock this thread? ^^ nothing good will come of it anymore
  • DemonluckDemonluck
    Reactions: 615
    Posts: 45
    Member
    edited March 2017
    good ideal i get sick of this now let just hope they did not do to much dmg to this event if they did i just i will not do it anymore there will nothing good in the shop beside a job coin of me that about it
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Games back, lets see how much it has been ruined lol
    Dough
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 5,805
    Posts: 881
    Member
    edited March 2017
    They really need to start testing their own game by playing it more often and get a feel for how these adjustments actually impact the gameplay.
    It's insane how little there is getting done to make the game better versus having to nerf something completely boosted to absolute zero. Don't believe me? Refer to the Choco Event, and that'll be probably what happened to BFF Event.

    It's as if the term "A Better Maple" is literally a myth for GMS.

    While events are constantly getting nerfed for something that should have already been tested which I honestly don't think rates like these should be caught "off-guard" without lack of professionalism, how much of our own suggestions has been considered?

    If I said absolute zero, I would be lying but is it pretty dam close. All the events that have been made have mostly been having a severe limited amount of options which is either not being able to get everything you want versus having nothing good within the event or event shop. Don't believe me? Refer to the V Coin Shop or Rice Cake Coins, it's just brutal grinding to the last minute after several nerfs.

    What happened to the massive list of forwarded suggestions by KThxBaiNao? Is that literally just thrown out the window because he's gone from the position? Most of the community would agree to a majority if not all those suggestions.

    There's just no way you can have a new player-base to last long if most of the player-base is expressing all sorts negativity. All nerfs, so much compensation, yet barely doing much to improve the quality of life in the game. This is why almost none of my real life friends even bother to play this game.

    EDIT:
    A few more examples

    Dragon Rider Party Quest couldn't be excluded from the Party Quest Event, but they can nerf Shining Santa Boxes. Dragon Rider PQ is still broken to this day (so I've heard), and the mount soaring skill apparently broken too (haven't tested this either).

    The insane amount of lag from Hasty Hunting and Rice Cakes were absolutely brutal and still not fixed. Yet they decide to remove the event npcs from town maps and into Event Hall, the infected lag-hell infested map that boggles many minds for it's absolutely outrageous lag out of anywhere else in the game. On my end the Event Hall lag got MUCH worse as of v183.

    What about Nexon Launchers all sorts of errors and the discontinuation of Direct Launch? Yet they go after nerfing the BFF Event.

    I'm not saying the events didn't need to tweaked they were certainly over proportion, but it was all or nothing because it apparently is too hard to scale. But my point is what about the real issues that are plaguing players? That's quite annoying if you ask me.
This discussion has been closed.