[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Finally a Crossover! Re:Zero Lets discuss

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Elise wrote: »
    The only thing that interests me are the clothes and hairs, and one is a gamble, and the other is likely. I'll have to pass, because the last time I did a random box for an event, I spent $60 and got one of the four items I wanted. I got a bunch of junk. And that was the Heroes one, so there were less items, like this one.
    IDK why it's gamble only, the other two crossovers we got, we did have a choice of either gambling, or buying them for more money straight out. It's stupid that this is an exception.
    The hairs aren't much better, because I'm not naive or stupid enough to believe for a minute it'll be like the SAO one and will offer a choice. And I bet the hairs will be $5 a piece, like the Heroes one.
    All of this seriously disappoints me, because I love Re:Zero. I was looking forward to this, only to find out it's gambling AGAIN. I get burned way too many times with gamble boxes to bother. And I can't even buy the items I want because Scania never sells anything, and if they do, everything is $1 billion mesos minimum. >_<;. This will be a boring, useless patch to me with a nice log in screen.
    How much do you think Nexon spent to bring this content to GMS? I can tell you now it's more than $5 and $60.

What does that have to do with anything?

Nexon is very proud of having "pioneered" the micro-transaction model of free-to-play games.
    But if the only way they can make it work for them is by making 99% of micro-transactions not give the player what they were hoping for, then that model is just plain bad.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    You have a strange perception of what f2p is if you think it means everything in MapleStory should be free. Why do people still pretend like this is new to them:

Free to play (F2P) refers to a business model for online games in which the game designers do not charge the user or player in order to join the game. Instead, they hope to bring in revenue from advertisements or in-game sales, such as payment for upgrades, special abilities, special items, and expansion packs.

This is what pays for servers to stay live, developers, etc... They have no obligation to cater to f2p players.
    DarkPassenger
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    It has everything to do with how the "real world" works. What do you think pays for their server expenses, developers, etc? Some content is for premium users, some content is for f2p. You can't seriously be upset every time f2p gets the short end of the stick lol you're playing for free. Some of the equips will be accessible in-game... What's the issue? Free stuff you don't have to pay for? Won't get every item from the crossover for free?

The complaint, if you'd read it, wasn't that you have to pay for the items. It's that you have to pay to gamble for the items.
    If Nexon decides that they must sell each item for $100 to cover the costs of licensing Re:Zero, then they should sell each item for $100. Not put them in a box that costs $5 but only has 5% chance of giving you what you want.
    PissedOff
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Who decides what sells at what price? You or Nexon?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Who decides what sells at what price? You or Nexon?

They do.
    But I (and Elise) are within our rights to say we don't like their tactics.
    _Cas_PissedOff
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Good luck my friend. May the force be with you.
  • XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited April 2017
    Great, I wanted to take a break from Maplestory, and with this terrible filler patch, it looks like a good opportunity to take a break until the BEYOND update.
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I enjoyed the SAO event, and now we get Re:Zero! Such a great anime. Only shame is I can't make a new ZERO on Reboot for this event xD

Would really like to know when the update is coming
    JettLuvsU
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited April 2017
    Vimi wrote: »
    I enjoyed the SAO event, and now we get Re:Zero! Such a great anime. Only shame is I can't make a new ZERO on Reboot for this event xD

Would really like to know when the update is coming

according to their facebook page, its on May11th
    Vimi
  • ShiroiSenkouShiroiSenkou
    Reactions: 580
    edited April 2017
    Is this anime that good to a point where it warrants a collaboration? I can't even stomach this anime for more than 10 episodes before calling it quit.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited April 2017

From reading your other pists, I don't think you read my post. AKradian gets it.
    I totally understand that things have to cost money. I would pay for said things, and have.
    But with the way Nexon does things, I can't. I literally lost $60 on two hero items I wanted. The RGN is so bad to get popular outfits that it was at a rate of one per every 30 bucks. These low odds are why I'm annoyed, and why I have to likely skip this patch, regardless of the fact I love this anime. Let's say I want the Emilia outfit. With Nexon's Rgn, it would show up after 90 dollars or so, as it'd give the less popular Subaru or Felt outfits first. And with one 'popular' outfit out of 10 boxes, I can't afford their RGN to get what I want. THAT is what I am mad about. I can't enjoy an event for a series I like because it's all RGN. It didn't have to be RGN, but they made it that way.
    And tbh, I don't care what licensing was, cost wise. They could charge money for packages and make up for the cost. They just chose to make it rgn to squeeze more pennies out of those of us who love the anime and want these clothes. It's greed. They make enough money with cubes, and would likely make more than enough money with the other box. There is no reason other than greed to have everything rgn. We have a right to be mad. It has nothing to do with them charging, it's the fact that it is really difficult to enjoy an event where everything involves rgn is so bad I can't even hope to get what I want.
    If they'd raise their rgn, I'd be happier with this, but their rgn is set in a way where popular characters have impossible to obtain outfits, while unpopular ones and accessories pop up all the time.
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017
    Enjoy the content the way you can. Worrying about the medal is worrying about something which has mostly nostalgia/bragging value. Shouldn't be a source of frustration.
    JettLuvsUDarkPassenger
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    this pay to win in reboot is hysteria, it's a one time event.
    Zambookii
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Elise wrote: »

From reading your other pists, I don't think you read my post. AKradian gets it.
    I totally understand that things have to cost money. I would pay for said things, and have.
    But with the way Nexon does things, I can't. I literally lost $60 on two hero items I wanted. The RGN is so bad to get popular outfits that it was at a rate of one per every 30 bucks. These low odds are why I'm annoyed, and why I have to likely skip this patch, regardless of the fact I love this anime. Let's say I want the Emilia outfit. With Nexon's Rgn, it would show up after 90 dollars or so, as it'd give the less popular Subaru or Felt outfits first. And with one 'popular' outfit out of 10 boxes, I can't afford their RGN to get what I want. THAT is what I am mad about. I can't enjoy an event for a series I like because it's all RGN. It didn't have to be RGN, but they made it that way.
    And tbh, I don't care what licensing was, cost wise. They could charge money for packages and make up for the cost. They just chose to make it rgn to squeeze more pennies out of those of us who love the anime and want these clothes. It's greed. They make enough money with cubes, and would likely make more than enough money with the other box. There is no reason other than greed to have everything rgn. We have a right to be mad. It has nothing to do with them charging, it's the fact that it is really difficult to enjoy an event where everything involves rgn is so bad I can't even hope to get what I want.
    If they'd raise their rgn, I'd be happier with this, but their rgn is set in a way where popular characters have impossible to obtain outfits, while unpopular ones and accessories pop up all the time.
    You can try buying these items in the free market for mesos or trading doubles with a friend to reduce cost. Based on what I've seen in previous crossovers, the cost is typically less than "Premium Surprise Style Box" and other similar items in our cs. Not to mention, the Re:Zero box looks like it contains maybe 20 items in comparison to our 3.4k nx boxes that contain usually 100 items. I don't think it's going to be as "rigged" or as "expensive" as you think it's going to be.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2017

I am very disappointed in Nexon with the upcoming event tomorrow.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/22514/cash-shop-update-for-may-11

4k nx for boxes, really? not only that but you're putting in a bunch of freaking junk related to philo books..

and the hair styles are not even in coupon form??
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2017
    Extremely disappointed at the way exclusive items being handled. I caught a bit of the livestream and the Re:Zero hair styles were presented as coupons with a 100% chance to grant you the look that you have purchased. This is extremely misleading and just downright dishonest now that the hair is only obtainable by chance through royal hair - we've all been had. I mean, couldn't Nexon have at least MADE the hair obtainable just like SAO and AoT event? They just straight-up slaughtered the hype by distributing items like this...

Also equally disappointed with the Surprise Style Boxes. I'll reserve my judgment until I find out the rate of obtaining these NX exclusives, but otherwise there are a lot of junk that is completely unrelated to Re:Zero and at the moment seems like an overpriced gamble, knowing that the rates probably won't be especially favorable.
    Xenon92PissedOff
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited May 2017
    yea but you have to pay everything in real money...

in addition to typical Nexon rippping off people, they are so ugly. Attack on Titan and the first cross over were way better !!! (quality wise)
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    OK, this is intolerable.

The boxes are different between Reboot and non-Reboot, but the medals are available in both?
    Seriously?
    You think letting Reboot pay for the mounts is too much, but you'll let them pay for Best-in-Slot medals?

@Arwoo , you must get that changed, before the patch tomorrow.
    CM Artasi helped us stop Cash Shop Meso Sacks being available in Reboot (back when it was released). You, too, can save Reboot from becoming Pay2Win. Do it!
    Zambookii
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    500m per box LOL what a joke
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2017
    Are people really disappointed about reboot having the NX option more than the 500 million mesos it takes buy a single box with presumably 99% junk and 1% medals? If there wasn't an NX option, people might just pay for meso farming services to botters to get boxes. It's the same P2W bs except it incentivises hacking. The best option is to make them quest rewards or to have us work our way through the medal like the PB event where you work your way to the 10% boss title, but I guess it's too late for that. Nexon's fixation with RNG is a big problem no matter if it's NX or mesos. You can only hope they make it cheaper WITHOUT reducing the chances to get good items. As for me, I too am treating this as a filler event and won't waste 4 weeks of my time farming billions of mesos with the possibility of getting little in return.
    PissedOff