[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please keep P2W out of Reboot

Comments

• DuschaDuscha
    Reactions: 520
    edited May 2017
    Best in slot items sold via cash shop in Reboot? Horrible idea. 500m for a box is a failed attempt to placate the players. Do not bring this to Reboot as it stands.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited May 2017
    Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask everyone to please refrain from insulting others.
    We understand that this is a sensitive topic and read through the many concerns that you've all voiced. This goes for here on the forums and our various fan sites.

I cannot give the community an immediate response as this is an ongoing internal discussion.
    For the meantime, I ask that everyone remain respectful when discussing with others on the forum.

Thank you,

Arwoo~
    link37890Rolls
  • link37890link37890
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited May 2017
    Duscha wrote: »
    Best in slot items sold via cash shop in Reboot? Horrible idea. 500m for a box is a failed attempt to placate the players. Do not bring this to Reboot as it stands.

I believe that the boxes should be in an event shop if there would be one; otherwise they're fine in the cash shop. That is; so long as the NX option is addressed on Reboot, and the huge price for 1 box with meso is looked at. I honestly believe that it was a typo, and we should talk about things calmly.

The BIS medal should not be sold for NX on Reboot

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    link37890 wrote: »
    I honestly believe that it was a typo, and we should talk about things calmly.

It doesn't take an "ongoing internal discussion" to fix a typo, so it's now clear that's not the case. Nexon very well knew what they were doing with these boxes. But that won't stop them from saying it's a typo anyway.
    link37890Fennekin
  • RowEchelonRowEchelon
    Reactions: 530
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

We understand that this is a sensitive topic and read through the many concerns that you've all voiced. This goes for here on the forums and our various fan sites.

I cannot give the community an immediate response as this is an ongoing internal discussion.
    For the meantime, I ask that everyone remain respectful when discussing with others on the forum.

Thank you,

Arwoo~

Have you considered removing the medal (and all other non-cosmetic items) from the reboot boxes and add it to the Re:Zero reboot level up event instead?
    link37890
  • link37890link37890
    edited May 2017
    RowEchelon wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Arwoo~

Have you considered removing the medal (and all other non-cosmetic items) from the reboot boxes and add it to the Re:Zero reboot level up event instead?

Adding the option to buy the medal directly with meso could also be an option.

• CuteBoyCuteBoy
    Reactions: 220
    edited May 2017
    Like many have said previously, being able to buy these boxes with NX is a precautionary worry for future decisions. We cannot allow items to be sold by NX that would give an unfair advantage to those without NX. It gives an unfair advantage to those with $$$ (P2W). And it's also pretty ridiculous that the options for boxes are 4k NX or 500m with the slim chances of getting such desired items.

Nexon must remove the boxes to be bought by NX and lower the cost of them in meso (500m per box is ridiculous) to keep Reboot what it is -- a server in which irl money does not directly translate to good gear, but only through time and patience. Allowing Nexon to do this without contesting the decisions can lead way into more a P2W server in the future, which Reboot cannot be.
    link37890Rolls
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Was planning to purchase some NX for the event but going to probably hold for now. This is just pathetic, Nexon.
    PissedOff
  • BirdieBaeBirdieBae
    Reactions: 800
    edited May 2017
    HASUEHAS wrote: »
    Lesson from darkpassenger: If someone disagrees with you, they are just stupid and don't understand economics!

Don't take him seriously, he is actually 12 years old, he admitted in another thread about this.

I never actually called anyone stupid. Yeah, ok pal, Im 12 years old but Ive been active since 05. You guys did most if not all the insulting.

You should just stop posting responses. All your arguments have been invalidated and it's painfully obvious that you are now just arguing for the sake of arguing.

You even proved the points of other when you said that Nexon would see how this box sells and act accordingly: if they see a precedent that they can get away with putting P2W boxes in reboot and people buy them, then they will only do more such events.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Arwoo~

500mil for a medal isnt a bad idea, the rest lower the prices, but then again those boxes have roids too
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Arwoo~

rewarding a couple boxes in the level up event is also a good idea
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Arwoo~

I don't think that's something they can implement between now and tomorrow's patch.
    link37890
  • link37890link37890
    edited May 2017
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Arwoo~

500mil for a medal isnt a bad idea, the rest lower the prices, but then again those boxes have roids too

From what I can understand from the cash shop update; the roids are only available in non-reboot worlds; along with Faf and Sweetwater gear.
    None of those are available on reboot; chairs, mounts, and the medals/titles are what we get. 500mil for one box with that pool is going to turn away
    a lot of people; or make them buy them with NX. BUT that is exactly what we're trying to stop. If even the possibility of being able to buy the medals with money exists it will put players who can't at a disadvantage, open the door for these incidents to happen again with great gear being purchasable with NX on reboot in the future, and it will void what Reboot is mean to be as a world.

The listed price of 500 mil meso should be reduced; even if it's not a typo. The suggested price of 500mil for 11 boxes and 50mil for one would be more reasonable

The ability to buy the boxes for NX in reboot should be removed; or remove the medals from the NX boxes.

Another suggestion would be to make the medals buyable directly; move them to a coin shop ; or add them to the character leveling event that will be going on.

There are a few ways to go about this, and it is likely that the inner discussion is how to address the issue.
    Bxxrt
  • bchu521bchu521
    Reactions: 220
    edited May 2017
    Long time player (started in 2006?) and this is my first time making a post on the Nexon Forums. I am strongly against having the NX option for the RE:zero random boxes. The whole point of Reboot is to progress with mesos and not NX. Introducing this feature will be very bad long term. I don't mind cosmetics such as surprise style boxes as they do not affect progress, but please reconsider either removing the RE:zero random boxes from Reboot or making them cost exclusively for mesos.

500 million per box means roughly 2 hours of farming for the funded player (meso gear/drop gear). Out of convenience I see many players going with the NX option.
    link37890Bxxrt
  • RollsRolls
    edited May 2017
    Hi everyone,

Thank you,

Arwoo~

From what I can understand from the cash shop update; the roids are only available in non-reboot worlds; along with Faf and Sweetwater gear.
    None of those are available on reboot; chairs, mounts, and the medals/titles are what we get. 500mil for one box with that pool is going to turn away
    a lot of people; or make them buy them with NX. BUT that is exactly what we're trying to stop. If even the possibility of being able to buy the medals with money exists it will put players who can't at a disadvantage, open the door for these incidents to happen again with great gear being purchasable with NX on reboot in the future, and it will void what Reboot is mean to be as a world.

The listed price of 500 mil meso should be reduced; even if it's not a typo. The suggested price of 500mil for 11 boxes and 50mil for one would be more reasonable

The ability to buy the boxes for NX in reboot should be removed; or remove the medals from the NX boxes.

Another suggestion would be to make the medals buyable directly; move them to a coin shop ; or add them to the character leveling event that will be going on.

There are a few ways to go about this, and it is likely that the inner discussion is how to address the issue.

They have until tomorrow to fix this, and if it doesn't happen, Reboot might just be screwed in the future. Even if they release it as is and fix it eventually, there's always that one lucky person that gets the best item (the medals) on the first day. They'll have even more problems to deal with when that happens.
    And most importantly there is the precedent of the continuation of p2w additions to Reboot.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot-in-the-door_technique
  • oicklesoickles
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    This is getting out of hand. Noone complains this much when nexon converted the nx items to being in RNG surprise style boxes instead of the original cs isles like they used to be. But OH GOD, a medal, like fr dude i get that you dont want p2w but geez. Where is the crowd and panic and talk where you guys are clearly and blatantly getting ripped off by RNG boxes? I was wondering for a while when that was going to come. Eventually what you guys need to realize is that nexon is a company, a company that needs to make money. They will try ways to make money, sometimes not the best ways but, complaining and throwing a fit about it only makes them take us less seriously. It'd be much easier for them if you guys actually talked, but this from what i see is a bunch of arguing and complaining and over what exactly? Some of the people complaining will never get full endgame because of how broken some of the games features are. But to break out in a arguement about a medal that gives little stats as if it were a new tyrant hat with 100 base stats is a huge overreaction and very well just hype.
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    oickles wrote: »
    This is getting out of hand. Noone complains this much when nexon converted the nx items to being in RNG surprise style boxes instead of the original cs isles like they used to be. But OH GOD, a medal, like fr dude i get that you dont want p2w but geez. Where is the crowd and panic and talk where you guys are clearly and blatantly getting ripped off by RNG boxes? I was wondering for a while when that was going to come. Eventually what you guys need to realize is that nexon is a company, a company that needs to make money. They will try ways to make money, sometimes not the best ways but, complaining and throwing a fit about it only makes them take us less seriously. It'd be much easier for them if you guys actually talked, but this from what i see is a bunch of arguing and complaining and over what exactly? Some of the people complaining will never get full endgame because of how broken some of the games features are. But to break out in a arguement about a medal that gives little stats as if it were a new tyrant hat with 100 base stats is a huge overreaction and very well just hype.

Nexon has 17 servers worth of people willing to go along with their scheme of putting things behind paywalls. they created reboot for people who dont want to be stuck behind that paywall. and for them to bring that paywall into the server that was specifically designed to not have a paywall is bulls**t. this has nothing to do with the medal, the medal is negligible at best. It has everything to do with the fact that nexon will use this kind of event as a foothold to push even more paywall p2w bulls**t into reboot and everyone that plays reboot knows that and this is why we are speaking out. we could care less about the medal, Hell we'd rather not get the medal if it meant keeping their p2w tactics out of reboot.

This whole thread is about keeping reboot from becoming like the normal servers. Not about some s**tty medal.
    SealxOtakuHiroki05Demiheart
  • BirdieBaeBirdieBae
    Reactions: 800
    edited May 2017

You CLEARLY haven't read the contents of this thread. This isn't about the BIS medal anymore. It's about the precedent it sets. Up until now, most people would argue Reboot has been P2W free. This would be the FIRST time they released a BIS item that could be obtained by anyone with nx alone. If we as a community don't say anything about this, it's a signal to Nexon that we condone this behavior.

Then the next time they evaluate whether or not to have BIS items be purchasable by NX, they will have less reservation for doing so.
    XeratetsuBxxrtxOtakuHiroki05
  • oicklesoickles
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    BirdieBae wrote: »

You CLEARLY haven't read the contents of this thread. This isn't about the BIS medal anymore. It's about the precedent it sets. Up until now, most people would argue Reboot has been P2W free. This would be the FIRST time they released a BIS item that could be obtained by anyone with nx alone. If we as a community don't say anything about this, it's a signal to Nexon that we condone this behavior.

Then the next time they evaluate whether or not to have BIS items be purchasable by NX, they will have less reservation for doing so.

I have read it, but you dont understand what i am getting at. You guys are ready to boycott this event but wont boycott the very thing ripping you guys off (surprise styles). Pets may drop in hilla but i have to still buy skills for it to be of any use like auto skill and hp and mp to survive in the late boss fight. My class has too many buffs for the amount of keys i have, just throwing that out there before you throw a macro card or something.
  • RollsRolls
    edited May 2017
    Because apparently
    Knowingly buying random style boxes that Nexon never said would be guaranteed in any way and don't give any stats whatsoever is ripping people off and is more important than the topic of this thread, enough so to warrant a derailment of it.
    BxxrtxOtakuDemiheart