[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please keep P2W out of Reboot

Comments

• XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017
    oickles wrote: »
    I have read it, but you dont understand what i am getting at. You guys are ready to boycott this event but wont boycott the very thing ripping you guys off (surprise styles). Pets may drop in hilla but i have to still buy skills for it to be of any use like auto skill and hp and mp to survive in the late boss fight. My class has too many buffs for the amount of keys i have, just throwing that out there before you throw a macro card or something.

Ill give it to you that i find pets being a luxury item in reboot is stupid, and personally i think they should be purchasable with mesos as well as water of life. However this is not a p2w factor. this does not change the furute of reboot, this is a system that has been there and nexon refuses to change it. Everything can be picked up by hand, and there are no classes that have too many skills for an entire kb, put your hands in a different position on the kb and you have more space.

The whole point of the argument here is that before right now, there hasant been a single significant equipable item that has been sold in the cash shop in reboot that is stuck behind a paywall, Or a ridiculous time sink that most people dont have the time to invest. This is the first time that this has happened and we in reboot want nothing to do with it. If the average player(For the sake of argument, we'll say the average player can make 500m a day from farming and bossing) has little to no chance of getting said item because of p2w bulls**t tactics that nexon uses in its normal servers, that way of obtaining the time shouldnt be in reboot. If i can spend 100$ and get an item that would cost the average player 2 maybe 3 weeks of time farming to get, we dont want it. It sets the precedent that we condone such actions from nexon when we dont.
  • TsukiBakaTsukiBaka
    Reactions: 1,410
    edited May 2017
    BirdieBae wrote: »
    This is getting out of hand. Noone complains this much when nexon converted the nx items to being in RNG surprise style boxes instead of the original cs isles like they used to be. But OH GOD, a medal, like fr dude i get that you dont want p2w but geez. Where is the crowd and panic and talk where you guys are clearly and blatantly getting ripped off by RNG boxes? I was wondering for a while when that was going to come. Eventually what you guys need to realize is that nexon is a company, a company that needs to make money. They will try ways to make money, sometimes not the best ways but, complaining and throwing a fit about it only makes them take us less seriously. It'd be much easier for them if you guys actually talked, but this from what i see is a bunch of arguing and complaining and over what exactly? Some of the people complaining will never get full endgame because of how broken some of the games features are. But to break out in a arguement about a medal that gives little stats as if it were a new tyrant hat with 100 base stats is a huge overreaction and very well just hype.

You CLEARLY haven't read the contents of this thread. This isn't about the BIS medal anymore. It's about the precedent it sets. Up until now, most people would argue Reboot has been P2W free. This would be the FIRST time they released a BIS item that could be obtained by anyone with nx alone. If we as a community don't say anything about this, it's a signal to Nexon that we condone this behavior.

Then the next time they evaluate whether or not to have BIS items be purchasable by NX, they will have less reservation for doing so.

I have read it, but you dont understand what i am getting at. You guys are ready to boycott this event but wont boycott the very thing ripping you guys off (surprise styles). Pets may drop in hilla but i have to still buy skills for it to be of any use like auto skill and hp and mp to survive in the late boss fight. My class has too many buffs for the amount of keys i have, just throwing that out there before you throw a macro card or something.

You clearly haven't read it.. and we understand what you're saying. What we don't understand is why you're even talking about a completely different thing. We are boycotting not specifically this Event as a whole, but specifically the P2W aspect of this event for the server, Reboot. We aren't talking prices whatsoever. We aren't talking about how Nexon is ripping us off. We are only talking about "Don't make Reboot pay to win". That's it.
  • oicklesoickles
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017
    TsukiBaka wrote: »
    This is getting out of hand. Noone complains this much when nexon converted the nx items to being in RNG surprise style boxes instead of the original cs isles like they used to be. But OH GOD, a medal, like fr dude i get that you dont want p2w but geez. Where is the crowd and panic and talk where you guys are clearly and blatantly getting ripped off by RNG boxes? I was wondering for a while when that was going to come. Eventually what you guys need to realize is that nexon is a company, a company that needs to make money. They will try ways to make money, sometimes not the best ways but, complaining and throwing a fit about it only makes them take us less seriously. It'd be much easier for them if you guys actually talked, but this from what i see is a bunch of arguing and complaining and over what exactly? Some of the people complaining will never get full endgame because of how broken some of the games features are. But to break out in a arguement about a medal that gives little stats as if it were a new tyrant hat with 100 base stats is a huge overreaction and very well just hype.

You CLEARLY haven't read the contents of this thread. This isn't about the BIS medal anymore. It's about the precedent it sets. Up until now, most people would argue Reboot has been P2W free. This would be the FIRST time they released a BIS item that could be obtained by anyone with nx alone. If we as a community don't say anything about this, it's a signal to Nexon that we condone this behavior.

Then the next time they evaluate whether or not to have BIS items be purchasable by NX, they will have less reservation for doing so.

You clearly haven't read it.. and we understand what you're saying. What we don't understand is why you're even talking about a completely different thing. We are boycotting not specifically this Event as a whole, but specifically the P2W aspect of this event for the server, Reboot. We aren't talking prices whatsoever. We aren't talking about how Nexon is ripping us off. We are only talking about "Don't make Reboot pay to win". That's it.

Im guessing you did this with the big spenders tyrant gloves/shoes/cape event right?
  • oicklesoickles
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2017

Im guessing you did this with the big spenders tyrant gloves/shoes/cape event right?

I find it fair how i could have gotten a tyrant glove before Zer0 even had his but thats not p2w right? I didnt hear this much of a rant :^)
  • XeratetsuXeratetsu
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited May 2017

How about you actually read what this is about, This isnt about s**tty events that are useful for whales. Here let me quote myself because you completely ignored it the first time.
    Xeratetsu wrote: »

Ill give it to you that i find pets being a luxury item in reboot is stupid, and personally i think they should be purchasable with mesos as well as water of life. However this is not a p2w factor. this does not change the furute of reboot, this is a system that has been there and nexon refuses to change it. Everything can be picked up by hand, and there are no classes that have too many skills for an entire kb, put your hands in a different position on the kb and you have more space.

The whole point of the argument here is that before right now, there hasant been a single significant equipable item that has been sold in the cash shop in reboot that is stuck behind a paywall, Or a ridiculous time sink that most people dont have the time to invest. This is the first time that this has happened and we in reboot want nothing to do with it. If the average player(For the sake of argument, we'll say the average player can make 500m a day from farming and bossing) has little to no chance of getting said item because of p2w bulls**t tactics that nexon uses in its normal servers, that way of obtaining the time shouldnt be in reboot. If i can spend 100$ and get an item that would cost the average player 2 maybe 3 weeks of time farming to get, we dont want it. It sets the precedent that we condone such actions from nexon when we dont.

• RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    Xeratetsu wrote: »
    How about you actually read what this is about, This isnt about s**tty events that are useful for whales. Here let me quote myself because you completely ignored it the first time.

Just ignore him. He's only trying to derail the topic.
    An absolute waste of time to try talking to, and I'd know from experience.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited May 2017
    Look, it's really simple. If this goes uncontested, it will be a segue in to more p2w releases in future Reboot events. We know how Nexon thinks.

First off, it's pretty obvious that they hate Reboot in its current state and highly regret putting it in, because now people who want to actually play for free, or as minimal as possible, mind you (pets are pretty much a must have if you want to keep up with your peers) have a place to do that, and a couple bucks every 3 months to maintain that isn't much to ask. There's always Hilla's pet Blackheart option for those who want to play entirely for free. The majority of today's MMO players flock to Reboot because of this.

Secondly, They make key decisions and changes to the game with very little player approval, or surveys, questionnaires, etc. and you have to raise untold amounts of hell and ruckus before they even begin to consider taking a different course of action than they have already cemented. In my opinion, from what I see and know, they are trying to slip this one by and test the waters. If it gets accepted with minimal resistance and they keep enough paying players from it, they WILL turn Reboot in to another cash cow.
    BxxrtSeallink37890XeratetsuRowEchelondetexxOtakuPissedOffWoodoPsuHiroki05and 1 other.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Changes made:
    • Life in Another World Medal removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot
    • Re:ZERO Medal removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot
    • Permanent Pendant Slot removed from the Re:ZERO Random Box on Reboot
    • Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 3,200 NX on Non-Reboot Worlds
    • Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 2,200 NX on Reboot
    • Re:ZERO Random Box Meso reduced from 500,000,000 NX to 100,000,000 Mesos on Reboot

Thank you Nexon :)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    Changes made:
    • Re:ZERO Random Box NX Cost reduced from 4,000 NX to 3,200 NX on Non-Reboot Worlds
    • Re:ZERO Random Box Meso reduced from 500,000,000 NX to 100,000,000 Mesos on Reboot

Theyre conplaining now that thats not what they wanted. In the admin's post theyre saying to put the medals back. But in this thread they said to remove them if it's going to be nx and meso based.

Even when the developers meet their demands, they arent satisfied.
  • BruiseBruise
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited May 2017

Well, surprise style boxes may be more important than you think. There is a number of people into maple fashion that is deterred them from going into Reboot. You would have to spend a large amount of nx to get the desired styles.

It should be addressed in the normal worlds, also, because the casual player who is into fashion and normal bossing.monsters would not be able to get into both. It's either or unless the player is willing to spend an amount of time farming -- or just to buy nx.

You could argue that the surprise style box is one of Nexon America's biggest failures in that it deters people from wanting to play and puts fashion behind an iron money wall. The weekly nx sales are perhaps a success, though. It gives players a cheaper option to gear their characters with nx.

Also, when the surprise box was first released in the form with random non-perm items, there were definitely complaints.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Changes made:

Theyre conplaining now that thats not what they wanted. In the admin's post theyre saying to put the medals back. But in this thread they said to remove them if it's going to be nx and meso based.

I got exactly what I asked for. No medals is better then P2W medals.
    Demiheart
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Changes made:

I got exactly what I asked for. No medals is better then P2W medals.

Good to know youre not complaining. Shows your age.