[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Re:Zero Thoughts & suggestions on the "cash grab"

DannyRoseDannyRose
Reactions: 720
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm seriously confused as to why they put Re:Zero random box items mixed in with philosopher book / marvel items. Marvel is $5 for 3 items, books are $2.60 for 2 items meanwhile this "Re:Zero" box is $4 for 1 item (to my knowledge.) If this 1 item per box is really the case then why oh why would it be 500m meso? I don't even play reboot and I feel their pain.

Also confused as to why the Re:Zero surprise style box is just the MVP surprise box we got a few months ago but he smile seed cash items were replaced by Re:Zero cash items. If this were truly a promotional event the Re:Zero items would be purchasable individually or in a random box only containing Re:Zero items right? Or am I crazy?

And then the Royal hairs, oh god. Really? Same as my previous point, they should have been available as individual purchases or have all 6 hairs available in a random selection aside from the regular royals, so that instead of gambling for 3 hairs one week and 3 hairs the next week we could at least have a shot of all 6 hairs at once.

Like people have been stating on different forums, the SAO & AoT events were not like this (I wasn't here for either so I could be wrong.)

One thing I liked that I heard the SAO event did was include some quest, event, or theme dungeon where you put in time to obtain a medal related to the crossover event. It would have been cool to have something like that again but Re:Zero related given that these medals will potentially be best in slot for a very long time.

My suggestions for anybody with influence on these forums is to try to get these viewpoints across to Nexon so that hopefully the cash shop items related to the event become purchasable on their own or maybe we get a chance to obtain these same items through an event, quest, or theme dungeon.

I know it's probably not possible to implement changes regarding the cash items at this point but at least take note for the next crossover event if we get one. I know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Many others anticipating this event also weren't expecting the even items to be released to us this way.

This is not a hate post or a satire, just expressing some concerns and giving feedback, thanks for listening.
emperor52DisneyPixarn0ReasonPissedOffQuilavaMaplerIts2Sharp4U

Comments

• HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    Reactions: 2,060
    edited May 2017
    People jusst don't care anymore. Everyone expected this to happen. Nexon isn't trying to sneak anything passed us they just blatantly want money. They already have a loyal fan base and we're just too tired arguing about every update. Theyre not changing and never will.
  • DisneyPixarDisneyPixar
    Reactions: 875
    edited May 2017
    The RNG factor for the event exclusive aesthetics have destroyed much of the hype for me. If it's a a exclusively-designed crossover event, why should players have to spend money only to have a substantial chance to obtain something that is completely irrelevant to the crossover? They have not done this in the past crossover events in regards to NX-purchased stuff, and that's just amongst the reason for the major backlash we're seeing.

The most infuriating part of this NX debacle to me is the livestream. The livestream has misled people to thinking that you can buy hair coupons for specific characters; it was even demonstrated and quoted directly from the official streams "...and there are the tickets for the hair of the different characters as well...". I sincerely hope that this is just something they missed on the cash shop updates, but if not, then it's safe to say that we've been lied to.

Here's obviously what many people were expecting in terms of aesthetic options, which was basically the systems used in all previous crossover events:
    1) Hair coupons are bought at a flat rate through cash shop (5~6k NX like SAO, account-limited to 1)
    2) Re:Zero themed outfits can also be bought as a set or as a flat rate of NX; however, these would be obviously be bound to account.
    3) Re:Zero themed outfits can be obtained through surprise style boxes at a random rate without irrelevant items; people would buy this for tradability purposes.
    DannyRosen0ReasonPissedOffemperor52MaplerIts2Sharp4U
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited May 2017
    It surprises me why people are not complaining about the rng aspect of this event. When the event was going on in JMS, the nx boxes only had Re:Zero theme items and the hairstyles could be directly purchased with nx. In the live stream of the event, you even see Arwoo use a hairstyle coupon for one of the crossover hairstyles. I was going to spend money on this event, but now I think it is better to just spend my money elsewhere.
    DannyRosen0ReasonPissedOffemperor52MaplerIts2Sharp4U
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    I had my expectations for this event as well, and I do have some NX saved for this. It is a bit disappointing, but might as well see how it goes anyway. The non Re:Zero stuff is what gets me. This isn't supposed to be just another themed style box. It's an event that we may never see again.
    QuilavaDannyRosen0Reasonemperor52MaplerIts2Sharp4U
  • DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    Quilava wrote: »
    It surprises me why people are not complaining about the rng aspect of this event. When the event was going on in JMS, the nx boxes only had Re:Zero theme items and the hairstyles could be directly purchased with nx. In the live stream of the event, you even see Arwoo use a hairstyle coupon for one of the crossover hairstyles. I was going to spend money on this event, but now I think it is better to just spend my money elsewhere.
    I saw that coupon on stream so I thought that's the way it'd be too. I didn't know about the JMS deals, that just makes me feel like GMS officials went out of their way to make this event more of a cash grab instead of doing their regular copy paste. I'd like some clarity on this.

• DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    I had my expectations for this event as well, and I do have some NX saved for this. It is a bit disappointing, but might as well see how it goes anyway. The non Re:Zero stuff is what gets me. This isn't supposed to be just another themed style box. It's an event that we may never see again.
    Agreed.

• DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    On forums besides the official ones there's a good amount of complaints, but yes there seems to be a lack of such complaints on here. Hopefully arwoo or someone else sees this.
  • DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    The RNG factor for the event exclusive aesthetics have destroyed much of the hype for me. If it's a a exclusively-designed crossover event, why should players have to spend money only to have a substantial chance to obtain something that is completely irrelevant to the crossover? They have not done this in the past crossover events in regards to NX-purchased stuff, and that's just amongst the reason for the major backlash we're seeing.

The most infuriating part of this NX debacle to me is the livestream. The livestream has misled people to thinking that you can buy hair coupons for specific characters; it was even demonstrated and quoted directly from the official streams "...and there are the tickets for the hair of the different characters as well...". I sincerely hope that this is just something they missed on the cash shop updates, but if not, then it's safe to say that we've been lied to.

Here's obviously what many people were expecting in terms of aesthetic options, which was basically the systems used in all previous crossover events:
    1) Hair coupons are bought at a flat rate through cash shop (5~6k NX like SAO, account-limited to 1)
    2) Re:Zero themed outfits can also be bought as a set or as a flat rate of NX; however, these would be obviously be bound to account.
    3) Re:Zero themed outfits can be obtained through surprise style boxes at a random rate without irrelevant items; people would buy this for tradability purposes.

Yes exactly, I was so hyped for this too but this was a bit of a slap in the face for me and sort of killed my feelings about this event. The money I set aside for this will now be set for something else. I like your points about the expectations and I hope someone takes note of that.
  • PissedOffPissedOff
    Reactions: 810
    edited May 2017
    DannyRose wrote: »
    I saw that coupon on stream so I thought that's the way it'd be too. I didn't know about the JMS deals, that just makes me feel like GMS officials went out of their way to make this event more of a cash grab instead of doing their regular copy paste. I'd like some clarity on this.

I was so hyped for this event too, especially since the main site also said that there would be "Re:Zero hair coupons", not just regular royal coupons that gave you a chance of obtaining these styles.
    I wouldn't even mind buying royal hair coupons if all the hairs were from the crossover. But if they're gonna add regular royal hairs in the mix, I'd rather not waste my money.
    DannyRoseemperor52Mapler
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited May 2017
    They can definitely change it if they want to. They just won't. They could even lower the prices to compensate. But they won't.
    To me, this is the worst possible update they could have done for this series. Like you said, the random box costs more than a Philosopher's Book or Marvel, and gives out less items. And the NX clothes part is unacceptable. In other events, the items were from the series being promoted. But they just got greedy with this one, dismissed the fact JMS did what they normally do for this, and make us have to weed through the MVP box to get to the now going to be incredibly rare Re:Zero items. These are going to be the rarest clothes in the game, because even with the SAO and AoT event clothes being scarce now, they were at one point widely available. These will have never been widely available, so they're rare to start with.
    I don't know why they changed it from what JMS had, other than greed. It worked before, why break a system that works?
    I was hyped for this too, but they wrecked it. I guess we can't look forward to crossovers anymore, as they'll likely just do this again. I don't know how this will get anyone to watch the anime, we won't be seeing people wearing the clothes all the time, and Emilia being in game isn't enough to lure people to Crunchyroll to watch the anime. And it won't lure people who like the anime either, because they'll eventually learn they can't get the items from the anime this game is promoting. >_<
    DannyRoseemperor52
  • QuilavaQuilava
    Reactions: 870
    edited May 2017
    DannyRose wrote: »
    https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://maplestory.nexon.co.jp/support/info/view.asp?no=915839&strsectionid=&strboardid=maplestorynews&p=10&edit-text Looking at the event JMS had, it seems that the hair coupons could not be directly purchased with nx and the boxes do in fact contain only the sponsored items. Since the pool of items is a lot smaller in JMS, it could mean that people could easily complete the sets without using hundreds of dollars and if the hair coupons are anything like the SAO ones, than it should be trade-able which allows people to sell extras they do not want.
    DannyRose
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2017
    Elise wrote: »
    They can definitely change it if they want to. They just won't. They could even lower the prices to compensate. But they won't.
    To me, this is the worst possible update they could have done for this series. Like you said, the random box costs more than a Philosopher's Book or Marvel, and gives out less items. And the NX clothes part is unacceptable. In other events, the items were from the series being promoted. But they just got greedy with this one, dismissed the fact JMS did what they normally do for this, and make us have to weed through the MVP box to get to the now going to be incredibly rare Re:Zero items. These are going to be the rarest clothes in the game, because even with the SAO and AoT event clothes being scarce now, they were at one point widely available. These will have never been widely available, so they're rare to start with.
    I don't know why they changed it from what JMS had, other than greed. It worked before, why break a system that works?
    I was hyped for this too, but they wrecked it. I guess we can't look forward to crossovers anymore, as they'll likely just do this again. I don't know how this will get anyone to watch the anime, we won't be seeing people wearing the clothes all the time, and Emilia being in game isn't enough to lure people to Crunchyroll to watch the anime. And it won't lure people who like the anime either, because they'll eventually learn they can't get the items from the anime this game is promoting. >_<

the thing is in JMS the clothes were not even direct buy. I'm pretty sure the items were also jumbled in the boxes with other non-event items if you read this but I cannot confirm because the page to see what other items were in the boxes is updated to what's in their current surprise style boxes but the message
    ※ランダム型アイテムにつきましては、こちらをご確認ください。
    implys more than the event items were in the boxes.
    DannyRoseJettLuvsU
  • DannyRoseDannyRose
    edited May 2017
    Elise wrote: »
    I agree, part of what makes a crossover event a crossover event is the ability to use the items or obtain the items being promoted so that one might be more inclined to check out the thing that is being promoted. How is paying possibly $100 and not even getting a Re:Zero item going to make someone check out the Re:Zero anime? If anything it'd make them never want to watch the series.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited May 2017
    As many others have said, it doesn't feel like a crossover if Maple items are thrown into the mix. If it was all Re:Zero related then I would have found it much more acceptable.

But that's still different from what I wanted. If the Re:Zero items were for direct purchase I would have bought all of it in a heat beat.

Due to the current standing of all the Re:Zero items aside from majority of the titles that DO NOT give stats, it feels that this quote unquote "crossover" was more of a money grab than something for players to enjoy. Seeing from a glimpse of the live-stream and the Re:Zero X MapleStory crossover video many people would expect to obtain all sorts of Re:Zero items which I find misleading itself.

Maybe I've overlooked the rewards for Trait Boosters, mesos, and whatever items that may provide a slight advantage to common gameplay to enhance the experience a bit more. But I expected more from a crossover event to obtain exclusive items that may be never sold or obtained again due to licensing issues.

I feel part at fault for not supporting the real issues and instead this, but it doesn't mean that Nexon is off the hook. They're pretty much steering the ship. It's such a shame that this patch event didn't meet expectations.
    DannyRose