[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Water Wars ending early?

chaoscauserchaoscauser
Reactions: 4,740
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Well I logged in this morning hoping to claim my rewards from yesterday. I was surprised to see the event over. I planned today to claim the final amount and spend all my aqua bucks in one hit. I find it funny how the cygnus knight effect is still over head yet I can't claim final rewards and spend my bucks as the icon was removed from the side window. Event shops should stay open for say a week after the event finishes to give people time to spend anything they have earned during the event.

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    -removed-
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    In-game calendar said the event is until 10/4.
    Items in the shop also said, "Purchasable to 2016-10-4, 23:59".
    It didn't end early, it ended right when it said it would. Interesting bug with the team symbol over our heads, I wonder when that will go away.

I agree that shops should stay open for a while after all coin-earning ends. Especially with this event, where you couldn't claim your last day's coin rewards until 10PM, and had only 2 hours to use them up.

Certainly a disappointing event (no real PvP mechanics, rigged skills to start with and auto-bans when they tried to fix that), but hey, at least we got to see certain NPCs in bathing suits, maximize a trait or three, and collect some chairs and/or scrolls for as many mules as we cared to stand around Henesys for five minutes a day on.
    I wouldn't mind seeing this event return - obviously with the skills fixed.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited October 2016
    It ended when it should have, but I HAD been hoping that the shop would remain open, because I didn't spend my coins like a stupid person and figured that it would remain open for a bit more because they had been keeping coin shops open past the event's end date. Lesson learned. D:.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

water wars definitely didn't live up to the hype it'd been receiving, multiple issues with false bans, poor mechanics. overall i'd say the event was kinda a fail.
    I didnt realize it was hyped up, if so, I think most of the hype was player generated as the event was exactly as shown minus all the bugs that caused some false bannings.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Eh, I didn't care about the event. Demanded I give temporary skills a spot on my keyboard, didn't appreciate that, besides it didn't feel like there was anything worthwhile in the shops that we didn't already get in the summer...
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Elise
    Elise said:

It ended when it should have, but I HAD been hoping that the shop would remain open, because I didn't spend my coins like a stupid person and figured that it would remain open for a bit more because they had been keeping coin shops open past the event's end date. Lesson learned. D:.
    Well most online games leave event shops open after the events finished.... but hey MapleStory.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Im really not interested in water wars anyway cause there's a lot of issues with it so I'd say meh 3/10.
  • BunizBuniz
    Reactions: 480
    edited October 2016
    I did the same thing, I have tons of coins and no shop.. ya probably my fault but it still sucks mud.... the event was so-so .... could've been better but I liked the simplicity of it.. That's a rarity in most events now where one must spend hours searching online for any information on whats actually is going on..
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Still have the icon over my head for some reason.
  • ZeldaOfHyruleZeldaOfHyrule
    Reactions: 510
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

Still have the icon over my head for some reason.
    Same here.

I actually kinda liked the event but it had some really obnoxious bugs, I was especially annoyed by the fact that Cygnus always said the same stupid thing whenever I'd try to claim a cumulative score award "Oh! I lost my train of thought." and that drove me nuts. So I only ever really got aquabucks from the team rewards. I never got hit by the ban bug because I came on when they had put up the warning so I was able to avoid that.
  • xsuperDxsuperD
    Reactions: 210
    edited October 2016
    chaoscauser

Well I logged in this morning hoping to claim my rewards from yesterday. I was surprised to see the event over. I planned today to claim the final amount and spend all my aqua bucks in one hit. I find it funny how the cygnus knight effect is still over head yet I can't claim final rewards and spend my bucks as the icon was removed from the side window. Event shops should stay open for say a week after the event finishes to give people time to spend anything they have earned during the event.
    Same to me. The event ended early. According to the Event List and patch notes, it was suppose to end at 11:59pm, however I tried to claim my perm water skill 1 hour before that, the button was missing. I sent a ticket to the GM and they say it was working as intended but I checked the patch notes and it mentioned nothing about having to get the reward earlier then 11:59pm. I even sent them a ticket and they don't believe me.

I'm so annoyed I missed out on the skill. I'm hoping someone could help.

• ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    Disappointing event tbh
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited October 2016
    xsuperD
    xsuperD said:

Same to me. The event ended early. According to the Event List and patch notes, it was suppose to end at 11:59pm, however I tried to claim my perm water skill 1 hour before that, the button was missing. I sent a ticket to the GM and they say it was working as intended but I checked the patch notes and it mentioned nothing about having to get the reward earlier then 11:59pm. I even sent them a ticket and they don't believe me.

Are you sure it was 11:59 PM PST and not some other time zone?
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    will the icon above us get removed any time soon :o gonna conflict with guild photo :C
  • super118super118
    Reactions: 235
    edited October 2016
    PhoenixKumo

xsuperD
    xsuperD said:

Are you sure it was 11:59 PM PST and not some other time zone?
    Yes I am sure. I had 45 minutes left when I tried to redeem it but they still said I miss the deadline even though the event list said there was still time
  • NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited October 2016
    Well I really liked. It's true we just received the opportunity to earn same items, but the difficulty this time was 0. 100 points on WW tohave 50 coins. I did it with a lot of characters and got many css, ones I needed a lot to complete some items scrolling. Hoping to get more like this.