[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

if i quit, this is why

crimson24crimson24
Reactions: 815
edited June 2017 in General Chat
mihile: the old radiant cross looked alot better marksman: boring looking skills besides 2nd 5th job skill bishop: not enough damage/mobility archmages: bad mobility/magic guard should be passive buccaneer: don't like buccaneer blast as its main mobbing skill canoneer: the old cannon bazooka looked a lot better jett/beast tamer: never updated, consistently weak/borderline unplayable shadower: no dragon khanjar in reboot, boomerang stab too slow dark knight: no dark impale on hyper skill upgrades aran: still requires using commands for optimal damage luminous: teleport change battlemage: no hyper skill upgrade for finishing blow, requires teleporting for optimal damage mechanic: old siege mode and mech laser were much better skills than what mech have now, just needed damage boosts. no party play zones, just training in isolation for hours at high levels. bad party system. hackers are trying to overrun the servers. battlemage and dark knight don't have their main skills on hyper upgrades, how did that even happen? is there some type of bias against dark element classes? these are the biggest issues I have identified, that make me not want to play.

Comments

• foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    My dude , i really had problems reading this. The only thing i spotted reading this is that jett never gets updates.
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited June 2017
    My dude , i really had problems reading this. The only thing i spotted reading this is that jett never gets updates.

I'm having technical difficulties formatting properly. The devs can read it and that was my target audience, they are the only ones that can implement these changes.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    crimson24 wrote: »
    I'm having technical difficulties formatting properly. The devs can read it and that was my target audience, they are the only ones that can implement these changes.

I'm not quite sure why there would be a technical issue formatting this posts, unless this particular post was copied directly from your identical post on Reddit (although from my perspective it appeared to be the other way around).
    If so I would advise you to familiarize yourself with the various formatting guides. For example, Reddit requires two line breaks to separate lines, except in lists and tables. This forum only requires one line break for separate lines.

For example, if we were to separate your points onto multiple lines in a Reddit post format:
    mihile: the old radiant cross looked alot better

marksman: boring looking skills besides 2nd 5th job skill

bishop: not enough damage/mobility

archmages: bad mobility/magic guard should be passive

buccaneer: don't like buccaneer blast as its main mobbing skill

canoneer: the old cannon bazooka looked a lot better

jett/beast tamer: never updated, consistently weak/borderline unplayable

shadower: no dragon khanjar in reboot, boomerang stab too slow

dark knight: no dark impale on hyper skill upgrades

aran: still requires using commands for optimal damage

luminous: teleport change

battlemage: no hyper skill upgrade for finishing blow, requires teleporting for optimal damage

mechanic: old siege mode and mech laser were much better skills than what mech have now, just needed damage boosts.

no party play zones, just training in isolation for hours at high levels.

bad party system.

hackers are trying to overrun the servers.

battlemage and dark knight don't have their main skills on hyper upgrades, how did that even happen? is there some type of bias against dark element classes?

these are the biggest issues I have identified, that make me not want to play
    DarkPassengerLairsengoku8999
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited June 2017
    too many jobs in this game are being changed too much and are becoming overly complicated to play. Many of the iconic/classic skills and playstyles have been altered in a negative way. In some cases the game needs to revert back to the basics like it has done with the reboot server itself.

I dont care about the format, I just want the game to be better.
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited June 2017
    do they plan on fixing luminous' teleport anytime soon? he was mediocre before and they kinda ruined his mobility, he now has the worst teleport in the game .(least distance and cannot jump cast)
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited June 2017
    luminous, Mercedes, and phantom secondary weapons need to be given attack.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited June 2017
    Look, firstly Luminous teleport was always like that in KMS, the class was intended to be slower in teleport, not sure if GMS can change at will the teleport range and such....yeah it's bad, but all the KMS players had it since the beginning.

Mostly ARE getting complex and i really love it, they should give more depth for each class, that way they can have a unique game play, until 5job the classes were mostly easy to play and to master, maybe some harder(like Kinesis and Blaster) and that's it.

Now classes need see timing, when to use their new skills and how they can improve them by using old skills(like 2job ones that you didn't use).

Most of what i see is your opinon on classes that got changed years ago, it's not suposed to please everyone, if you don't like don't main or play that class.

Also Jett is actually playable right now, he's not with half of the damage of a Bishop, he can actually go bossing and trainning(considering they nerf the skill with 0sec), maybe not as OP as other jobs but playable.

I do agree on one point that's how we have any TRULY party play zones, the ones we had and have so far are just the same LHC leeching system that isn't good, they need to improve that for sure, maybe giving more drop rate in party, remove the penalty, Maple need to become a MMO again.

Hackers just wanna sell meso and the stuff they get/make in-game(like elite drops and legend eqps), they don't wanna overrun the servers, they don't care much about it anyway, problem is how they affect the economy and the overall game in normal servers and how people getting unpunished impact all worlds in GMS.
    DarkPassengerLairsengoku8999
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited June 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    I do agree on one point that's how we have any TRULY party play zones, the ones we had and have so far are just the same LHC leeching system that isn't good, they need to improve that for sure, maybe giving more drop rate in party, remove the penalty, Maple need to become a MMO again.

I'll have to say I missed party training as well. Wasn't there for LHC or whatever that was, but Romeo & Juliet and Warrior Grounds were great. Then the nerfs came, and Moon Bunnies became a disgustingly toxic environment and the game's all solo training now.
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited June 2017
    I'm just one person so I cant respond if you keep posting more posts. I'm talking directly to the devs , giving them my 2 cents in case I get the heck up outa here and roll out permanently. If you want changes you gotta start from the top down, why do you think trump got elected?
    Hopefully nexon has some down to earth real/genuine people I can have this conversation with or at least the next best thing. I want this game to be the best.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    I'm just one person so I cant respond if you keep posting more posts. I'm talking directly to the devs , giving them my 2 cents in case I get the heck up outa here and roll out permanently. If you want changes you gotta start from the top down, why do you think trump got elected?
    Hopefully nexon has some down to earth real/genuine people I can have this conversation with or at least the next best thing. I want this game to be the best.

Please don't get political where it's completely unneeded.

The forums are a public place to exchange opinions. Yes, feedback is forwarded to the devs, but keep in mind that not all players agree with your feedback, and they play the game just as much as you do.
    In addition, you don't have to respond to posts if you don't want to. Other users are simply supplying their opinions.
    DarkPassengerDividedFlow
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

Please don't get political where it's completely unneeded.

The forums are a public place to exchange opinions. Yes, feedback is forwarded to the devs, but keep in mind that not all players agree with your feedback, and they play the game just as much as you do.
    In addition, you don't have to respond to posts if you don't want to. Other users are simply supplying their opinions.

I put a lot of time, effort, and thought into trying to change this game, hopefully it gets done. Your welcome and ill try to continue to help in the future.
  • LairLair
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited June 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    Look, firstly Luminous teleport was always like that in KMS, the class was intended to be slower in teleport, not sure if GMS can change at will the teleport range and such....yeah it's bad, but all the KMS players had it since the beginning.

Mostly ARE getting complex and i really love it, they should give more depth for each class, that way they can have a unique game play, until 5job the classes were mostly easy to play and to master, maybe some harder(like Kinesis and Blaster) and that's it.

Now classes need see timing, when to use their new skills and how they can improve them by using old skills(like 2job ones that you didn't use).

Most of what i see is your opinon on classes that got changed years ago, it's not suposed to please everyone, if you don't like don't main or play that class.

Also Jett is actually playable right now, he's not with half of the damage of a Bishop, he can actually go bossing and trainning(considering they nerf the skill with 0sec), maybe not as OP as other jobs but playable.

Hackers just wanna sell meso and the stuff they get/make in-game(like elite drops and legend eqps), they don't wanna overrun the servers, they don't care much about it anyway, problem is how they affect the economy and the overall game in normal servers and how people getting unpunished impact all worlds in GMS.

I agree we need changes on party. I believe they're changing that if a player isn't doing damage for a period of time, that player will stop getting exp from other party players. The next step would be to remove the exp penalty, and we're set!
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    so what your saying is, buff Damien? I put a lot of time, effort, and thought into trying to change this game, hopefully it gets done. Your welcome and ill try to continue to help in the future.

You have to realize something, you are one voice. Change doesn't happen because one person isn't happy. Maybe if the higher power in question was especially crappy, but I'll give Nexon credit where credit is due, they aren't THAT crappy.

You are free to have your ideas, thoughts, and opinions, but it takes a lot more than that to really "change this game". Hell, interpret what I am saying however you wish, I know what I'm saying means crap to you. But in my opinion, it matters more that I'm saying it at all than if you actually listen.
    DividedFlow
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited June 2017
    More party play areas would be nice, currently the only good one is level 130 and only lasts until about lvl 150.
    More increases to mob caps would be nice as well, just in case kish ends up getting removed by a potential future revamp.

Oh, I noticed the update said the leafre monsters and maps changed. "Status effects removed" But they still do the status. Also, only one map was changed and it was just the beetle map.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2017
    Your suggestions are not very well thought out. For example you just 'dont like' buccaneer blast and think shadowers in reboot suffer from not having khanjars. The only thing I agree with is party play. Other than that I'm afraid you won't be too happy with future updates.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Youre just asking for convenience, the point of the changes is to master the mechanics of each or one class. Thats how you build skill in how you play the class. If they place changes and make the classes easier to play, itd be like putting on training wheels.
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited June 2017
    I dont care about the format, I just want the game to be better.

Well formatting will help. if it looks like gibberish, it gets put in the round file (trash can) in most dev's eyes.
    It shouldn't be hard to hit ENTER after each line to stack them into legible format.... or at least use punctuation. There is a difference between "Lets eat, Grandma" and "Let's eat Grandma" one is a plea to feed oneself with the parent of your parent and the other is familial cannibalism.
    Lairsengoku8999
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited June 2017
    still waiting for real responses. maplestory red 2 would be nice, the game needs some work.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    still waiting for real responses. maplestory red 2 would be nice, the game needs some work.

Now you're just grabbing for attention when you are already getting more than you deserve.

God what has happened to the forums... they used to be not infested with time wasters like this...
    LairSlayerJ
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2017
    Real responses to you are probably responses that agree with you. By trying to leave out criticism towards your post it shows your opinion isnt worth addressing by the developers. Real change comes when there is opposition, then a middle ground may be found.
    Its2Sharp4U