[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Duplicated Item Removal

OneLetterOneLetter
Reactions: 6,380
edited June 2017 in Announcements
Greetings Maplers,

We would like to inform everyone that we have removed a great number of equipment illegitimately generated in-game. This decision was made to combat hackers, discourage the usage of exploited equipment, and address an issue with the game's state of balance caused by these items.

Illegitimately generating equipment undermines the hard work of our legitimate Maplers and we’ve taken action against a number of exploiters. Please note that we do not condone the usage of exploits, hacks, and real life currency trades under any circumstances. We will continue to monitor reports of hacked equipment and ask all Maplers to please be cautious when engaging in the trading of suspicious items.

Compensation for illegitimately generated or illegally purchased items will not be issued and we advise all Maplers to abide by our policy.

Thank you,

- Maple Team
JettLuvsUNeospectorDaxterbeerToreishisparebladeDragventurerAlexFIts2Sharp4UJulydeadend5193and 9 others.

Comments

• shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited June 2017
    what about [Removed]'s red craven lol
    or does it not count because he's mvp diamond xDDDddd

[Removed]
  • AKannaMainAKannaMain
    Reactions: 355
    edited June 2017
    So instead of just punishing the dupers, you also punish the players who spent hard earned mesos/money buying the gear without knowing they were duped?
    BDOCarlos222FennekinaddictedFirewolfslayerSherri
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2017
    shavit wrote: »

[Removed]

Please do not accuse people of duping on the forums. Report them in a ticket if you believe someone was missed in this wipe.
  • shavitshavit
    edited June 2017
    Neospector wrote: »

[Removed]

Please do not accuse people of duping on the forums. Report them in a ticket if you believe someone was missed in this wipe.

Too bad I already did that via live-chat, the GM told me the user will get banned but nothing has happened for two months.
    BDOchoozSherri
  • SmadarSmadar
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2017
    wow !
    buying duped items for $ and holding 'end game' duped items that give advantage on others =/= perm ban.
    buying a level 200 weapon from a hacker OR HOLDING IT FOR FEW MIN = perm ban !

double standard, NOT equality of opportunities / punishments.
    justsomeoneJulyFirewolfslayer
  • MisseyMissey
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I understand that duping items is against the game rules, but at this time there is no possible way of distinguishing duped items from items that are made legitimately. With a large sum of players spending their hard earned mesos on items to allow them to get stronger, taking these items away and not providing any form of compensation isn't a very fair way of doing things. I fully support punishing people who exploit and dupe items, however this is punishing people who had no way of knowing that their items were duped. Please take this into consideration because this is something that is effecting a large group of people and I hope that you can find a fair way of handling the situation for all players.
    BDOCaughtByLoveFennekinAKannaMainPuppyMangochoozaddictedFirewolfslayerSherriMainlyUseless
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017

[Removed]

Goodness, is that one of those fabled 300 attack Red Cravens from way back when?
    If that's so, this thing is a historical monument (to Nexon's inability to find hacked gear, but still...). They can't delete it now.
  • shavitshavit
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

[Removed]

Goodness, is that one of those fabled 300 attack Red Cravens from way back when?
    If that's so, this thing is a historical monument (to Nexon's inability to find hacked gear, but still...). They can't delete it now.

It's not hard to run a query that checks if an item has more star enhancements than the limit lol.. but yeah, a 390 one.
  • justsomeonejustsomeone
    Reactions: 515
    edited June 2017
    Missey wrote: »
    I understand that duping items is against the game rules, but at this time there is no possible way of distinguishing duped items from items that are made legitimately. With a large sum of players spending their hard earned mesos on items to allow them to get stronger, taking these items away and not providing any form of compensation isn't a very fair way of doing things. I fully support punishing people who exploit and dupe items, however this is punishing people who had no way of knowing that their items were duped. Please take this into consideration because this is something that is effecting a large group of people and I hope that you can find a fair way of handling the situation for all players.

All the players who were holding duped items knew they are duped and also paid with real money for them ! they should be grateful that they are not perm banned as they knowingly violated nexon's rules.

I do not understand why those who bought level 200 weapon or were holding it for few min are perm banned and those who bought duped for $ are back in game. in both cases its " not fair for legit players "

NEXON is one of the worst companies out there.

Firewolfslayer
  • TacoLOLTacoLOL
    Reactions: 640
    edited June 2017
    This wouldn't have been an issue if Nexon removed these items WHEN THEY WERE DUPED instead of YEARS later.

When an item has been a duplicate for so long, it becomes hard to tell whether it's duped or not.

And what about the cubes spent on these equips? Thousands of dollars down the drain. Complete bullshit.

Hope you're happy nexon, you've lost a customer.
    choozFirewolfslayerSherri
  • MisseyMissey
    Reactions: 410
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Missey wrote: »

All the players who were holding duped items knew they are duped and also paid with real money for them ! they should be grateful that they are not perm banned as they knowingly violated nexon's rules.

I do not understand why those who bought level 200 weapon or were holding it for few min are perm banned and those who bought duped for $ are back in game. in both cases its " not fair for legit players "

NEXON is one of the worst companies out there.

Actually, not everyone knows that the items are duped. If you see items in the fm sitting in a shop often times your first thought is that someone is selling their gear since they are quitting, not that they are duping items. It is very easy to obtain an item that is duped without knowing it at all because the fm is so wide and there is no possible way of knowing what every single person is like within it. Yes, some people buy these items knowingly but there is an even larger majority of players who do not know that their items were duped, and have no way of finding out. This form of a solution is unfair to that majority of people who didn't know that an item they bought in the fm was duped by a player who chooses to ignore the rules- they are simply buying another item in the fm.
    PuppyMango
  • SmadarSmadar
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2017
    TacoLOL wrote: »
    This wouldn't have been an issue if Nexon removed these items WHEN THEY WERE DUPED instead of YEARS later.

When an item has been a duplicate for so long, it becomes hard to tell whether it's duped or not.

And what about the cubes spent on these equips? Thousands of dollars down the drain. Complete bullshit.

Hope you're happy nexon, you've lost a customer.

I lost 12 years of legit work, a level 250 kaiser and thousand of $ for buying a level 200 weapon from a hacker.

NEXON DO NOT CARE if they lost you.

They represent the opposite of truth and justice.

DragooooooooonFirewolfslayer
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

[Removed]

It's not hard to run a query that checks if an item has more star enhancements than the limit lol.. but yeah, a 390 one.

I didn't mean that they can't technically find it.
    I meant that it belongs in a museum, for having lasted so long.
    shavit
  • ShowGMSShowGMS
    Reactions: 930
    edited June 2017
    you always knew that these items was duped,you let ppl use them cos they bought nx to improve them.
    now after you got your money you deleted all of them!
    probably atleast 50% of the community had duped items,there was too many to count,cos YOU let it hapen.
    some of the ppl knew that the items was duped,and some of them probably didn't,but you still deleted everything,tons of dollars that were invested in nx cash,real ppl's money that went to the trash, or to be exatct - to your pocket!
    im not gonna play anymore, you lost me and probably alot like me that kept this game alive even at it's hard times
    BB
    choozFirewolfslayerSherri
  • OneOne
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited June 2017
    A bit unfair that those who were traded items/bought items during the December cube exploit incident were banned and weren't given the option of having those items removed. Those items are obsolete by today's standard and nothing good comes out of keeping them banned.

Also, if this is in preparation for Saturday's Double Miracle Time, then it's disgusting how you're taking advantage of those who spend a lot of money on this game.
    mushrockschoozFirewolfslayerSherri
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited June 2017
    How many legit Frenzy Totems should exist in the game, and how many Frenzy Totems were deleted?
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Thank you OneLetter I appreciate that you guys did this :) I hope this discourages players from thinking about cheating/buying duped items from now on.
    ToreishiSmadarxCoraelzannikrskAngelicaxoxo
  • sparebladespareblade
    Reactions: 1,220
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    It's hard to praise this action as this should have been done numerous times previously over MANY years, but I'm still glad to see it happening all the same. Once items have been floating around for years, it's nearly impossible for users to know if the item is legit anymore. Makes buying high-end items a considerable risk.

The big issue with duplicated items is simply not knowing. Of course users can do their due diligence to see if an item is legit or not, but it's not possible to be 100% sure. When buying via auctions it's even worse, as you simply have no way of knowing outside of it being obvious (like ten Blackgate Rings in a row, all with 20% drop rate legendary potential). Honestly, I'd love to see a duped item clearing every patch, just to keep things in check.
    ToreishiIts2Sharp4UgvnalmanzamushrocksFirewolfslayerDividedFlowkrskAngelicaxoxo
  • MadelionMadelion
    Reactions: 640
    edited June 2017
    This needs to be addressed! You punish people who dupe, not people who get items that are duped through trades/meso! There is absolutely no way to distinguish a duped item from a non-duped item!
    Firewolfslayer
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    They did the right thing. :)
    SmadarxCoraelzannidarik
This discussion has been closed.