[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Stuff for next ‘A Better Maple’

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2017
    I would like to add:

1. Make items in event coin shops tradable within account
    2. Allow old rings such as the Angelic Blessing rings to be potentialed and scrolled.
    3. Allow untradeable items to be transferable within the account.
  • GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Reactions: 2,645
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Here are some requests/suggestions for a better maple (including features which were available by nexon europe service):
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/11458/concerns-regarding-issues-and-requests-not-addressed#latest

These are really great features!
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    rebalancing the classes would be a start. Some classes scale way harder than others. Hero is sitting at around 120%(140% with blind) final damage while most other classes have the equivalent of half that in total damage/%att/final damage bonuses combined.

There are so many endgame balance issues when it comes to damage that it was extremely difficult for me to narrow down to a main because most of the classes I wanted to play weren't given the same amount of damage or scaling.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    If you receive a node that is not compatible with your class, it should automatically be disassembled.

I hope you understand the Node Board is connected to all your characters, I'm sure there's a reason why It even shows other class Node skills, so i don't feel like Dis-assembling them would be any good, it would be great if u could turn it off and on as an option :D

What? Where did you get that idea?
    I have two 5th job characters on the same account, and they each have a completely separate "node board".

Wait they don't i thought they did o-o... i feel like i heard it or read it from somewhere x_x rip me sorry i guess i mis-read something
    Wait, what do you mean by "Node Board"? I thought nodes are fully untradeable, which is what made me put this suggestion, but they are actually shared across all your characters in the same world?
    The "Node Board" is where all the passives and active nodes go to after you open a nodestone, or craft a node. That is completely separate per character. They are NOT tradeable either, they can only be upgraded or disassembled. Disassembling nodes will produce a certain amount of node shards that are bounded per character and NOT tradeable either.

Nodestones dropped by monsters are only tradeable within account. That means you have no idea what node they are before opening it.

Nodestones crafted through node shards are fully tradeable. Again, that means you have no idea what node they are before opening it.

Okay, so I was right that Nodes are fully untradeable, which means what HoneyWater said was WRONG, and AKradian saying "Where did you get that idea?" must have been to HoneyWater and not me. Which means my suggestion is still fully valid, but a tweak to my suggestion would have to be made due to Open Advancement. This adjustment would say: "If your class is eligible for Open Advancement, Nodes for classes you are able to change into will NOT be auto-disassembled."

Ok yea the Node aren't shared through-out other Characters i don't remember why i thought that, i feel like i read it somewhere but i guess i was just losing my Marble and HEY DON'T Bold the "Wrong" makes me feel uncomfortable.
    AKradian wrote: »
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    If you receive a node that is not compatible with your class, it should automatically be disassembled.

I hope you understand the Node Board is connected to all your characters, I'm sure there's a reason why It even shows other class Node skills, so i don't feel like Dis-assembling them would be any good, it would be great if u could turn it off and on as an option :D

What? Where did you get that idea?
    I have two 5th job characters on the same account, and they each have a completely separate "node board".

Wait, what do you mean by "Node Board"? I thought nodes are fully untradeable, which is what made me put this suggestion, but they are actually shared across all your characters in the same world?

Also,
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

It sounds like a neat idea, but I would prefer to hold on to some shadower and Night Lord cores as a Dual Blade in case I do a job advancement.

Obviously that would be included in such a system to accommodate open advancement. F3

Gosh darn it, I always forget about Open Advancement. Why is it even called "Open Advancement" anyway? Is "Reclass" just too generic of a name?

actually I thought u could o-o idk why tho x_x. I Remember Reading it somewhere but i forgot where. Or idk, But hey u didn't have to Bold the "Wrong" It makes me feel bad p_p.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited July 2017
    crimson24 wrote: »
    rebalancing the classes would be a start. Some classes scale way harder than others. Hero is sitting at around 120%(140% with blind) final damage while most other classes have the equivalent of half that in total damage/%att/final damage bonuses combined.

Hero doesn't do 120% more damage than every other class just because of that final damage, they have downsides that the final damage is there to compensate for, like hitting less lines than most classes and having bad %damage on skills. Even then, it's not particularly strong without extensive funding,
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited July 2017
    I made a post about this a while ago but no one really saw it... hopefully more people will see this here and agree.

My suggestion is to implement key binding "sets" that allows players to create multiple key bind layouts that they could switch between. For example having an all purpose set and a bossing set.
    Having multiple sets to switch between would help to reduce clutter and potential misclicks during crucial bossing moments and prevent players from sacrificing hotkeys or forcibly fitting in bossing skills that are unused outside of bossing and vice versa.

I realize that some classes may not have many problems with an overflow of hotkeys and not enough keys but with the addition of override 5th jobs skills as well as suggested features for hotkeys, players may quickly find themselves in annoying situations.
    RollsSlicedTimeHoneyWater
  • PlyoAtomicPlyoAtomic
    Reactions: 640
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Pleeeease nexon give us better exp bonus in parties! MS was so fun when you were always training with a pal, now its a single player grind to 250 :/
    chaoscauser
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    don't let this thread die
    July
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited July 2017
    We'll be giving you guys an update regarding some of the suggestions in this thread soon.
    JettLuvsURollsJuly
  • DuckWaddlerDuckWaddler
    Reactions: 1,150
    edited July 2017
    All 5th job skilled to be used in macro.
    Legion shapes pieces should the border the same color as the type it represents. Overlapping pieces should be another color indicating it isn't being used because another piece is already there.
    Rolls
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited July 2017
    shadowers and several other classes have too many active skills, mainly buffs. The duration for shadowers buffs are also very low, especially its hyper skill which it needs in order to play optimally.
  • MrGoombaMrGoomba
    Reactions: 1,160
    edited July 2017
    More Familiar Revamp things:

Vitality Removal:
    - Allow players to remove Familiar vitality from Codex and convert them back into Familiar cards to sell/trade with other players. Drawback is once a familiar is registered into codex with 1 vitality, it cannot be removed. However the second and third vitality can be converted back into familiar cards.

Familiar Renaming:
    - Have the ability to give our familiars new names at a cost of Mesos.

JMS's Familiar system:
    - Summon 3 Familiars
    - Give Familiars Potential

Add in new familiars in upcoming JMS content updates to GMS for Neo Tokyo and Modern Day Tokyo.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Raise the meso cap, 10 billion isn't enough
    Rolls
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    I'd also like to see the Neb system Revamped or at least make fusing nebs be meso only, remove the fusion tickets and instead bring back the alien cube for the cash side of things.
    MrGoomba wrote: »
    JMS's Familiar system:
    - Summon 3 Familiars

this would require them adding in the 2 JMS exclusive professions Tamer and Hunter which would be nice, would hope they also fuse accessory craft and smithing together like JMS
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2017
    Change the boss queueing system so randoms cannot hijack already formed parties.
    MhatThatBaldy
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited July 2017
    Are there any plans on adding khanjars and dragon khanjars to reboot?
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited July 2017
    also dont forget lunas reboot idea you guys mentiont almost half a year ago :D
  • UnlimitedPowerUnlimitedPower
    Reactions: 1,185
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Add flames into North American servers simply because European Maplestory already has them?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited July 2017
    Add flames into North American servers simply because European Maplestory already has them?

I personally feel flames should be added not just to improve crafting and player's damage, but to make the other content more useful and worth doing.

mr-ponchos-union-coin-shop.png?w=168&h=701&crop&ssl=1
    reboot-world-potion-shop.png
    aishas-shop1.png?w=462&h=2048
    laos-shop-4.png
    kritias-shop1.png?w=600&h=499

It would make content such as Dojo, Kritias, Union, and Ursu worth doing. It would also help the players in Reboot as well.

(Our versions of these shops don't come with flames or flame materials)

Lamato
  • AriesDRXAriesDRX
    Reactions: 940
    edited July 2017
    Disable being able to hide yourself from /find by going on offline status.

Why? How am I supposed to trace down someone who I suspect is hacking if they are putting their status offline so no one can /find them?
    No one really needs to have that kind of privacy in a game like MapleStory