[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Combine the all the regular worlds into 1 world.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    You guys realize server is the region, GMS KMS MapleSEA is the server. windia, scania etc is a world
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited July 2017
    Well no, each world is still in a different server, and with Reboot each channel has it's own server.
  • NihilisticNyxNihilisticNyx
    Reactions: 615
    edited July 2017
    Speaking from experience in my own server, Bera is a ghost town this summer, and I fully support a complete merge of all the worlds for GMS. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption, but I'd be under the impression that all the other servers under Bera would have lower populations or approximately the same as our world. Money-wise, I'm sure a good portion of your player base for GMS would be happy and spend money again if they weren't playing in an empty world.

There's really not much else to say that hasn't already been said but either give us a chance to transfer into Scania or merge every world together to bring back some life to the non-Scanian worlds.
    edited July 2017
    I dont think people quit because the worlds are empty. Some people just quit playing because they moved on from games to other ventures, education, careers etc. Or other responsibilities. Merging into one whole world wont be any different than it is now.
  • BalancedFurysBalancedFurys
    Reactions: 725
    edited July 2017
    I dont think people quit because the worlds are empty. Some people just quit playing because they moved on from games to other ventures, education, careers etc. Or other responsibilities. Merging into one whole world wont be any different than it is now.

Then you must not think at all.. I've seen over 40 people quit on my buddy list because all they do is complain that the world is so dead and they can't find anything to buy/do and the community part is dead.. All of your comments are just idiotic LOL. People are way more in favor of a merge together, its just butthurt grazed is too scared of any competition and likes a dead game.. sorry but the majority doesn't
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    edited July 2017
    Speaking from experience in my own server, Bera is a ghost town this summer, and I fully support a complete merge of all the worlds for GMS. Correct me if I'm wrong in my assumption, but I'd be under the impression that all the other servers under Bera would have lower populations or approximately the same as our world. Money-wise, I'm sure a good portion of your player base for GMS would be happy and spend money again if they weren't playing in an empty world.

There's really not much else to say that hasn't already been said but either give us a chance to transfer into Scania or merge every world together to bring back some life to the non-Scanian worlds.

Windia is bigger then Bera and Broa is too now since it merged with Khaini
    edited July 2017

Then you must not think at all.. I've seen over 40 people quit on my buddy list because all they do is complain that the world is so dead and they can't find anything to buy/do and the community part is dead.. All of your comments are just idiotic LOL. People are way more in favor of a merge together, its just butthurt grazed is too scared of any competition and likes a dead game.. sorry but the majority doesn't

See, this comment isnt worth addressing, you sound more hurt than anyone else. Youre invested too much into this that youre making things personal. I dont see a world merge happening any time soon. 40 people isnt even .1% of the GMS population. To say thats the majority is statistically inaccurate. Nothing personal kid, strictly business.

you dont even know which world I play in to be mentioning GRAZED people are scared, implying I play in a world alliance from GRAZED
    edited July 2017

Windia is bigger then Bera and Broa is too now since it merged with Khaini

Arent they allianced, not exactly merged.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2017
    In my opinion they should let Scania be and make fusions with the other worlds, like fuse all worlds that have aliances in a new one, like GRAZED into just one, that way there wouldn't be too much worlds, any new player would chose a world easyer, instead to be confused with all these worlds when half of em are just three...

They could also fuse Windia and Bera, that way it would be more similar to Scania in population, maybe fuse all the others worlds that have aliances with each other.

They also really need to make Reboot world with 30channels, it's really full right now and i'm not sure if making a Reboot2 would be better than adding more channels.
    edited July 2017
    Ivangold wrote: »
    In my opinion they should let Scania be and make fusions with the other worlds, like fuse all worlds that have aliances in a new one, like GRAZED into just one, that way there wouldn't be too much worlds, any new player would chose a world easyer, instead to be confused with all these worlds when half of em are just three...

They could also fuse Windia and Bera, that way it would be more similar to Scania in population, maybe fuse all the others worlds that have aliances with each other.

They also really need to make Reboot world with 30channels, it's really full right now and i'm not sure if making a Reboot2 would be better than adding more channels.

Something like this is more probable, instead of 1 world, say about 5. But stability would first have to be worked on. but maybe world stability isnt that great now since the server is divided into the 10+ worlds it hosts
    edited July 2017

See, this comment isnt worth addressing, you sound more hurt than anyone else. Youre invested too much into this that youre making things personal. I dont see a world merge happening any time soon. 40 people isnt even .1% of the GMS population. To say thats the majority is statistically inaccurate. Nothing personal kid, strictly business.

do you work for nexon? You have no idea the numbers saying things won't be any different. You're just making assumptions then saying strictly business? Seems lulzy at best. But keep up your strictly business approach for a company that you don't work for :) hehe xd
    edited July 2017

do you work for nexon? You have no idea the numbers saying things won't be any different. You're just making assumptions then saying strictly business? Seems lulzy at best. But keep up your strictly business approach for a company that you don't work for :) hehe xd

Never claimed to work for Nexon, "strictly business" would mean that Im not looking at things subjectively, more objectively. Understand? Why are you trying to pick a fight.

I can make assumptions with the free information that is available. You dont need to work for Nexon to know 40 people isnt even 1% of player base.

the profits wont change, say theres 40 people buying nx but in 5 different worlds, thats 8 people buying per world.

now merge the worlds into 1, it is still 40 people buying nx, however much they buy doesnt matter, it is still the same amount of people buying. and regardless of the merger or division, all the revenue goes to nexon. so they dont have to be in the same world for nexon to profit.
    edited July 2017
    The numbers wont increase at all, they would be profiting the same. It would be the same number of people buying nx, whether or not they merge normal worlds.

Quite frankly none of those reasons have any supporting evidence.

The maple economy will cease to exist, worse than it is now. Higher demand over the supply.

You said this before I even said anything about the 40 people in my 1 dead world with 4 rooms.. That is actually a lot in Mybkcn.. 40 ppl is a ton quitting.

Also i'm starting to think you have some sort of mental problem so I'm not gonna bother with you anymore LOL. You are using 1 post as an example for something you said before I even posted. You just blurt bullsht when you have no numbers in front of you, no facts, just your stupid old opinion. You will get far in life my friend, nothing will ever change with growth <3 ever!!!!
    edited July 2017
    The numbers wont increase at all, they would be profiting the same. It would be the same number of people buying nx, whether or not they merge normal worlds.

Quite frankly none of those reasons have any supporting evidence.

The maple economy will cease to exist, worse than it is now. Higher demand over the supply.

You said this before I even said anything about the 40 people in my 1 dead world with 4 rooms.. That is actually a lot in Mybkcn.. 40 ppl is a ton quitting.

Also i'm starting to think you have some sort of mental problem so I'm not gonna bother with you anymore LOL. You are using 1 post as an example for something you said before I even posted. You just blurt bullsht when you have no numbers in front of you, no facts, just your stupid old opinion. You will get far in life my friend, nothing will ever change with growth <3 ever!!!!

k, thanks for surrendering. Id challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed.
    KerBansotZeroBlux
    edited July 2017
    Nexon is doing quite well financially right now btw it is in the free quarterly statistic report.
    edited July 2017
    can you stop littering up this thread with your 1 line replies? jesus its at 2 pages now just because of you
    Rolls
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017

Why are you so against the merging?
    edited July 2017
    PaperSkin wrote: »

Why are you so against the merging, do you hate talking to people?

Not going to answer any personal questions. Why try make this about me.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin
    Reactions: 440
    edited July 2017
    PaperSkin wrote: »

Why are you so against the merging, do you hate talking to people?

Not going to answer any personal questions. Why try make this about me.

Sorry I apologise I'll edit it out.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Merging all of them into one seems a little extreme, but I'd be all for it. Isn't it just the worst thing ever to meet someone else that plays MapleStory, then you ask them what server they play in, and they say <server that's not yours>, and you're like aww. I feel like MMO's nowadays should ditch the whole separate server concept...

At the very least, merge GRAZED with something. If we merged with MYBCKN, it'd still be pretty dead, but not that dead. Seems like a good compromise. I dunno how Khroa is, but if it's also feeling dead, it could merge with Bera. I think Windia and Scania are fine as-is.

And yes, a fair amount of people have quit because their servers are "dead". I've known a few people like this, and I don't even really socialize that much lol. That may not be the case on Reboot, Scania, or Windia (because duh, those servers aren't dead). But GRAZED? This definitely happens.

I also find it hard to believe that 40 people make up less than .1% of the population. That implies there are over 40k active MapleStory players. I guess it depends on your definition of "active", though. But even padding that number with thousands of bots, I don't think there are over 40k "active" (let's define it as unique players that have logged in for the past week) players. If we extend it to a month AND include the bots (including the ones that got banned), then maybe. Since don't like 8-10k get banned a week or something?
    DarkPassengerTransformingThunder