[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Changes to Drop Rate Formula Confirmation

Comments

• CythosCythos
    Reactions: 310
    edited August 2017
    Silva wrote: »
    Well, as those are who complaining are mostly those with high drop rate gear, I'll make my opinion heard as someone with no drop rate gear (and will never be able to get one) despite the hate I may get.

Higher base drop rate for nodestones and other highly desired items? Hurray for that!!!

The base drop rate will increase, but not by much. If you're getting 5 nodestones an hour now, you might get 6 an hour after the update. Maybe. (But you'll probably still get 5 an hour.)

What these changes will mean for unfunded players is that if you buy your nodestones from other players, you'll most likely have to buy from a hacker/botter. And even then, the prices will still be higher. In other words, this change screws over all legit players, not just the highly funded.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    edited August 2017
    I play on reboot as a kanna and I have 180% drop gear. On an average hour, I can farm about 40 to 50 nodestones. I hope the drop rate changes wont change my rates by that much.
  • AlphaCAlphaC
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2017
    Well, as those are who complaining are mostly those with high drop rate gear, I'll make my opinion heard as someone with no drop rate gear (and will never be able to get one) despite the hate I may get.

Higher base drop rate for nodestones and other highly desired items? Hurray for that!!!

Pretty much every player has or should have a Big Spider Familiar for farming which gives 60% drop rate. Data from KMS after this patch shows that the new formula means even these players will recieve less nodes and such. This is the free to play base, not juse those who have drop gear. (I will admit I am one of those).
  • kennyabsillikennyabsilli
    Reactions: 715
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

That increased drop rate is not nearly enough for you to progress effectively (it would take you months-years to get your boost nodes to the lvl 50 boost and much more for your skill nodes). Players without drop gear can easily make money from gollux, commerci etc to buy nodes at 20-30m a piece from players who invested into farming nodestones (players who invested their nx/meso into creating/buying drop gear and other drop rate multipliers such as lucky winters and cash 2x cupons for this purpose). This is a healthy part of the economy and benefits legitimate players all around and also . Now bots will easily outfarm legtimate players so you'll be buying your nodestones from botters and feeding that unhealthy part of the economy.
    CythosLilyflowerSlicedTimeKingofFurriesIts2Sharp4URollsBahamut_XpommepouffelormarkieLeFrenchie
  • AkatsukiXAkatsukiX
    Reactions: 800
    edited August 2017
    As a player in reboot, I don't understand how Nexon punish their players for putting time and effort into making drop gear so they can progress faster. Reboot was made so the only thing you'd have to invest is time. We already invest a bunch of time into this game to do dailies, and if we want to get an Arcane weapon we also have to invest approximately 240 hours with drop gear to get enough for it. Why are the more hardcore players who put more time into this game being punished because other people don't want to do the same?
  • craftymoosecraftymoose
    Reactions: 1,005
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    l

The way it's worded makes it sounds like hurray for unfounded right? See kms already got this patch and kms players already tested this even the lowest funded players will feel the effects.

If you want the bigger picture see most funded players already finished their node work and are well over 540 AF, most are working on perfecting their umbra weapons, so who does this really hurt?
    darik
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    To succeed you have to learn to adapt. The reasons for doing this is clear and fair. In other updates and changes people complain about them catering to the "whales" as they refer to them and now when it comes to these changes, they complain that it hurts the "whales". Theyre being fair across the board. There really is no pleasing the playerbase now a days.

Things cant always stay the same. Try challenging yourselves sometimes.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    AlphaC wrote: »
    Pretty much every player has or should have a Big Spider Familiar for farming which gives 60% drop rate. Data from KMS after this patch shows that the new formula means even these players will recieve less nodes and such. This is the free to play base, not juse those who have drop gear. (I will admit I am one of those).

The KMS drop rate only affects equipment (not coupons and such), and Big Spider familiars don't exist in KMS. It's entirely likely Big Spider won't be affected by the change at all.
    Nyara
    edited August 2017
    hayman wrote: »
    i spent $1600 on cubing my drop gear. now you going to nerf it. it is going to affect how I farm cubes? I spend years to get my drop gear and farming mules from playing. how can I trust you when ever I invested my time in the game and you guys end game nerfing things.

thats really all on you. nexon isnt to blame since they have plans that are planned ahead of time. They probably had this in a folder somewhere from long ago.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2017
    l

The way it's worded makes it sounds like hurray for unfounded right? See kms already got this patch and kms players already tested this even the lowest funded players will feel the effects.

If you want the bigger picture see most funded players already finished their node work and are well over 540 AF, most are working on perfecting their umbra weapons, so who does this really hurt?

i feel like these funded players who already acquired maxed out their nodes and have a respectable amount of Arcane Force, already climbed a mountain and now Nexon is causing an avalanche to kill the rest of us.

If the mountaineers represent people players who have drop rate gear, the people affected will be those who have invested a lot into drop rate equipment (similar to how people climbing the mountain will be affected by the avalanche.) The players unaffected are people without any form of drop rate enhancements or had already completed their grinds for nodes, symbols and droplets. I really cannot see any bright side to this change coming to GMS.
    Bahamut_XLeFrenchie
  • haymanhayman
    Reactions: 955
    edited August 2017
    i spent $1600 on cubing my drop gear. now you going to nerf it. it is going to affect how I farm cubes? I spend years to get my drop gear and farming mules from playing. how can I trust you when ever I invested my time in the game and you guys end game nerfing things.

thats really all on you. nexon isnt to blame since they have plans that are planned ahead of time. They probably had this in a folder somewhere from long ago.

but I do not see the purpose and good enough reason for them to nerf drop gear.
    edited August 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    l

i feel like these funded players who already acquired maxed out their nodes and have a respectable amount of Arcane Force, already climbed a mountain and now Nexon is causing an avalanche to kill the rest of us.

If the mountaineers represent people players who have drop rate gear, the people affected will be those who have invested a lot into drop rate equipment (similar to how people climbing the mountain will be affected by the avalanche.) The players unaffected are people without any form of drop rate enhancements or had already completed their grinds for nodes, symbols and droplets. I really cannot see any bright side to this change coming to GMS.

If you have no drop rate gear, things will be better since the base drop rate of nodes will get a boost.

I personally only have 100% drop rate (5 items) so it'd just balance out. Not everyone is funded but I certainly understand their reasoning
    edited August 2017

but I do not see the purpose and good enough reason for them to nerf drop gear.

it is to lessen the gap between those that have excessive drop rate with those that dont. They want things to be fair for everyone, most people give up because they dont have drop gear for nodes. Theyre helping those that are new to the game and dont have income or their parents debit/credit cards.
  • haymanhayman
    edited August 2017
    l

If you have no drop rate gear, things will be better since the base drop rate of nodes will get a boost.

I personally only have 100% drop rate (5 items) so it'd just balance out. Not everyone is funded but I certainly understand their reasoning

I still think a lot of unfunded still struggle to fund from this. I also think more people will suffer than people will gain from this overall. I was going to farm cubes and help cube for my friends and unfunded players in the guild. I guess its not going to happen any more.
    edited August 2017
    l

I still think a lot of unfunded still struggle to fund from this. I also think more people will suffer than people will gain from this overall. I was going to farm cubes and help cube for my friends and unfunded players in the guild. I guess its not going to happen any more.

it's only a nerf if you have an excess amount. If you have less than 200, it wont be much of a difference. Less is more to put it simple.
    edited August 2017
    The explanations are very clear how Arwoo wrote it. The changes to the drop rate will be made but to mitigate the changes, the base rates of the precious items will also be increased.
  • craftymoosecraftymoose
    Reactions: 1,005
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    l

The increase in nodes is almost unnoticeable, this change just makes it so you have less ability to improve gear to farm and to make you spend more on nx based improvements
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017
    Sure, if you enjoy watching things be harder for the people above you, while being at the exact same place you were before, then this nerf's about to be a huge amount of fun for you.

To hell with this "decreasing the gap between the rich and poor."
    You're only knocking down the rich, not doing anything to uplift the poor. KMS has proved that it benefits no one. This nerf is absolutely indefensible.
    haymanPirateIzzySlicedTimedarikBooberpuppyKingofFurriesIts2Sharp4UBahamut_XpommepouffeLeFrenchieand 1 other.
  • haymanhayman
    edited August 2017
    you want to balance the game between rich and the poor its ok. you guys can make new end game set where u can only acquire by marvel or guild/alliance store. and people have to boss and PQ AND help each other to get items together or something. When you guys did a huge nerf on evo lab, hall of honor, lion heart castle, strong hold 2, it made a lot of my friends and people quit maple. everything is nerfed drastically instead of balancing the game. when you get did a massive nerf on hayato instead of balancing the class, my pro friend quit right after the nerf.
    darik
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017
    Let's "decrease the gap" between level 100s and level 200s too, why don't we? That'll make it more balanced and fair, right?
    LeFrenchie
This discussion has been closed.