[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

GMS-Raising Star Cap, Rebirth Flames & Neb Revamp?

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited May 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
First stupid suggestion by Daxterbeer

Should GMS get Flames of Rebirth?

My reasons for Additional Options are:

-Extra stats and damage in raw numbers or percentages
-Make Meister Accessory Crafting just as useful as Meister Smithing (Meister Set is outshone by Gollux and CRA sets
-Easily obtainable to the unfunded
-Majority of the flames compatiable to items below 150 and items above 150 (Sweetwater, Absolab, Terminous, Alien Fragment) require specially crafted Flames
-Flames of Rebirth are potentially more powerful than even A 4% Nebulites and Boss% Nebulites as well as more balanced
-Re-flaming your gear doesn't require NX to remove the initial upgrade you wish to remove and replace

Hopefully we get to craft flames and not have to worry about scissor counts.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11082489/r (Posted on reddit, basil and southperry)

I cannot wait for Flames of Rebirth and 5th Job

To the pessimistic and negatives from the older forums,

PLEASE DON'T KILL FOR TALKING ABOUT ADDITIONAL OPTIONS! IT WON'T SOLVE ANYTHING!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJdMZ_3L48jYHIXqImyMBk-HVPYgrLHnBlc292F4qPQ/edit?usp=sharing

Click on the link above if you want to some valuable data about Flames of Rebirth

PhantomMasterThiefxAiolosYakudleBahamut_XdarikLightRodManiOh
  1. Should GMS/EMS get Flames of Rebirth (Scissorless)143 votes
    1. Yes
       72% (103 votes)
    2. No
       20% (29 votes)
    3. Indecisive
       8% (11 votes)

Comments

• YuniorYunior
    Reactions: 1,575
    edited September 2016
    Don't get your hopes up mate. The future is bright!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Starshadow
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited September 2016

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited September 2016
    Hello,

We appreciate your suggestions, however, we have already stated in previous threads that there are no current plans to implement the Flames of Rebirth.
    bumbertyrInvulgoSpectralRyderJuly
  • NovaDragonNovaDragon
    Reactions: 755
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hello,

We appreciate your suggestions, however, we have already stated in previous threads that there are no current plans to implement the Flames of Rebirth.

http://www.strawpoll.me/11082489/r

Those results seem promising. I would also like to see Nebulites get reworked if possible. They are near impossible to find, and almost everything you get are Ds. C and B are rare and As are available to those with NX. I cannot afford 3b meso Nebulites.
    DaxterbeerSpectralRyderxAiolos
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    NovaDragon

KThxBaiNao

Hello,

http://www.strawpoll.me/11082489/r

Those results seem promising. I would also like to see Nebulites get reworked if possible. They are near impossible to find, and almost everything you get are Ds. C and B are rare and As are available to those with NX. I cannot afford 3b meso Nebulites.
    until nebulites get fixed to be more present in the game i see no reason why another way to gain stats on equipment should be added in.
    PleinairStarChasers
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited September 2016
    There is my theory on how the flames might impact the community

Endgame players usually use Sweetwater equipment which are 160 and only be enhanced by crafted flames if we had them. Most of the flames cater to those who wear equipment below 160 (there are 150, 140, 130, 120, 110 flames.) The flames can only enhance items whose level is below the flame's level. The item's results are determined by equipment's level. The craftable flames give the bigger results than the boss dropped ones (kind of like a unique with 9% LUK 6%LUK compared to a better unique with 9% LUK 9% LUK.)

In order for a person wearing CRA, Superior Gollux, Tyrant and SW to flame their gear, they must obtain the highest level flame from bosses. If that player couldn't craft flames, he can only use 2 flames on CRA/Gollux/Tyrants a day if he killed CPB or Hard Hilla while the SW gear is only affected by crafted flames whose materials come from recycling flames dropped by bosses.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJdMZ_3L48jYHIXqImyMBk-HVPYgrLHnBlc292F4qPQ/edit

(I kind of copy and pasted some of this from the old thread since I chose the best words)

If players wanted the best flames, they would need high rank alchemists (master or meister) with extractors to recycle flames and a high level accessory craftsman (meister) to make the flames for the higher level gear. Zakum and RA is perfectly doable for anyone who is or has a party, and they will be able to upgrade their gear after boss fights or sell it to those who need a lot of flames to break down. The unfunded players with low level gear can profit off of the power-hungry upper class by selling them materials they are short of. If they upgrade their gear enough and get good results, they can move on to tackle stronger bosses and increase the number of flames they obtain to sell/use. I can envision a community of players being able to upgrade their equipment after a boss and where the poor always has something to sell.

I hope Nexon would consider adding Additional Options to the GMS as well as return it to EMS. (Please don't include the scissor count )

I know this doesn't solve the Nebulite problems, but it would make crafting in other professions more worthwhile as well as make equipment choices more diverse.

I understand people complained about about it increase the gap between the funded and unfunded, but If Maplestory were rock climbing, we should pay attention on where we are look up and plan on what to grab onto. Looking at the person above you and measuring his lead in front of you is just stupid (can cost you your life in reality.)

We not should compare how far ahead that dude in front of you has, but focus on yourself moving up.
    PhantomMasterThiefCafee
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Daxterbeer

There is my theory on how the flames might impact the community
    KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao said:
    Hello,

We appreciate your suggestions, however, we have already stated in previous threads that there are no current plans to implement the Flames of Rebirth. KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao said:Hello,

We appreciate your suggestions, however, we have already stated in previous threads that there are no current plans to implement the Flames of Rebirth. KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao said:Hello,

an official answer has been given.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited September 2016

Nothing is happening. Nebulites fixes nor flames will ever be implemented. Sigh

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited September 2016
    @kthxbainao I know you and the team don't have plans on implementing, but I hope you do realize that I put a lot of decision into whether it will benefit the community and if it would promote activities Nexon would like to see between players. I hope I provided a good analogy and theory on how Additionals Options might affect the Maple community. Sorry I sound like I am nagging, but I am confident I may have the solution to bring the community together, provide ways of helping players gain range and rack up daily income, and making use of underused items and professions in the game.

If you have a garden, you can use the food to feed yourself, or sell leftovers to your neighbor who ran out of crops for the day (selling to people who are buying flames for materials.) A third option is to offer your daily or accumulated harvest(s) to the gods of your server (the people who have 15 star tyrants and are looking for insane results.) Since they are most likely perfectionists, they will have the most restrictive items (RIP Absolab users because you need a high level crafting in Accessory Crafting) to flame and they won't stop until they hit something godly, and you can just keep supplying them and get paid because of their immense project. Players would benefit as long as they remember to harvest from their garden before it gets dark (do all your boss runs before 3am PST)

To make craftable flames, you need the flames from mysterious herbs, mana crystals, a special extractor from high level Alchemists to break down the junk flames into materials (like cars to scrap metal,) and finally a meister or master accessory crafter to assemble the flames (they do the actual crafting of the flames.) It requires BOTH alchemy and accessory crafting to pull this feat off. Even if the Alchemist is absent and flames materials came to a halt are no longer supplied to the accessory crafter, the remaining flames dropped by boss runs will still benefit those who didn't choose endgame gear due to compatibility nature of flames (the upper class support comes from everyone else willing to supply the upper class)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PJdMZ_3L48jYHIXqImyMBk-HVPYgrLHnBlc292F4qPQ/edit?usp=sharing

Data from watching KMS, Orangemushroom

If GMS is wondering what to do with underused content and getting players together, here is a fun example.
    Bahamut_XSpectralRyderSkyTheDestroyerxAiolosRollsdarik
  • NovaDragonNovaDragon
    Reactions: 755
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hello,

I just hope change can come to the future. Daxter's reasons seem legit. I know about the Nebulite ideas are new since we are the only version to feature them, but Flames have been tested in almost every other version and the items exist in the game's code. I just hope there is a chance we can get them when 5th job comes. I am all for more activities in the game aside from bossing and grinding. Promoting crafting and opening meso making opportunities is a good start.

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited September 2016
    KThxBaiNao

Hello,

Lucky for you guys, they are already implemented in the data :D

Jokes aside you guys really do need to sanitize your patches. Its beyond ridiculous how much non GMS crap we have in the client, which only makes me shudder as I imagine what the codebase looks like
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2016
    gamechanger

KThxBaiNao

Hello,

Lucky for you guys, they are already implemented in the data :D

Jokes aside you guys really do need to sanitize your patches. Its beyond ridiculous how much non GMS crap we have in the client, which only makes me shudder as I imagine what the codebase looks like
    It'd be interesting to see how much the client's file size would be reduced by if they removed all non-GMS content from it. Like flames, S-rank nebulites, and so forth.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited September 2016
    Assuming we keep S Nebulites and Flames (in case they come into play at some point) somethings we need to purge to include:

*Some commerci accessories that don't appear
    *Summoning rocks (We can summon clones like so)
    *Weapon Production Manuals
    *Item maker materials (Replaced with Ardmentmill)
    *Battle Square content (Discontinued PvP)
    *Level 100, 110 and 120 equip recipes in Root Abyss (Recipes no longer needed in this type of crafting)
    *Old Mastery Books (Old skills got replaced, new Mastery 20 and 30 books)
    *Eos Tower Rocks (Rocks aren't needed)
    *Omega Sector Warp Capsule (Omega Sector?)

• gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Daxterbeer

Assuming we keep S Nebulites and Flames (in case they come into play at some point) somethings we need to purge to include:

*Level 100, 110 and 120 equip recipes in Root Abyss (Recipes no longer needed in this type of crafting)

While that is all and good, I was more talking about bloat that you don't even see in the game. The client has data for hundreds of equips that are completely unobtainable in GMS (they don't even bother changing the names of the equips from Chinese/Japanese/Korean), codex sets that were never implemented. A surprisingly large percentage of the available items in the game are included in the client multiple times (with a lot of equipment, especially horrible seasonal equipment [looking at you rudolf nose] being included, with the exact same stats, 3, 4, 5 times in the client). The client still has the old UI information in it, along with every single CS item ever sold, including those that have not been available for purchase in years (DB and Evan mastery books for example, the old CS 2x exp cards that only worked on certain days and at certain hours). NPCs and map data for NPCs and maps that are not in GMS. We have some of the hekaton data in the client,along with more crap I cannot remember off the top of my head.

99% of everything that was ever implemented in this game is still in the client, and it stays there patch after patch. Even when stuff is removed from the game (skill books anyone?), its kept in the client and stays there indefinitely, if it is one of the extremely limited items to get removed.

Even among the equipment that is available ingame, the data fields associated with each equipment are erratic and random (eg some equips that give no stats have an empty field for every possible stat they could give, others only have fields for the stats they do give, some have a field indicating whether they are a CS item or not [which is set to false if it isn't], but not even every CS item has such a field indicating it is a CS equip. Only some equipment has a gender field, but not all of the equipment that has a gender field is gender locked etc...), not to mention that there is extra bloat on top of all of this (tyrants not being all class despite sharing the exact same stats for example; Tot'sKnowHow equipment is an exact replica of the regular equipment with an extra field that is set to untradeable, because Rhynne forbid you can trade a level 40 equip you got for free.......).

The list goes on and on. At this point it would require an absolutely major time commitment for NexonNA (because I don't know if KMS client suffers the same problems) to go through and clean up the client. However, were they to do so, they would close a lot of possible exploits and dupe opportunities. And If the client is this bad, can you guys imagine what the codebase must look like.
    darik
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Daxterbeer

While that is all and good, I was more talking about bloat that you don't even see in the game. The client has data for hundreds of equips that are completely unobtainable in GMS (they don't even bother changing the names of the equips from Chinese/Japanese/Korean), codex sets that were never implemented. A surprisingly large percentage of the available items in the game are included in the client multiple times (with a lot of equipment, especially horrible seasonal equipment [looking at you rudolf nose] being included, with the exact same stats, 3, 4, 5 times in the client). The client still has the old UI information in it, along with every single CS item ever sold, including those that have not been available for purchase in years (DB and Evan mastery books for example, the old CS 2x exp cards that only worked on certain days and at certain hours). NPCs and map data for NPCs and maps that are not in GMS. We have some of the hekaton data in the client,along with more crap I cannot remember off the top of my head.

99% of everything that was ever implemented in this game is still in the client, and it stays there patch after patch. Even when stuff is removed from the game (skill books anyone?), its kept in the client and stays there indefinitely, if it is one of the extremely limited items to get removed.

Even among the equipment that is available ingame, the data fields associated with each equipment are erratic and random (eg some equips that give no stats have an empty field for every possible stat they could give, others only have fields for the stats they do give, some have a field indicating whether they are a CS item or not [which is set to false if it isn't], but not even every CS item has such a field indicating it is a CS equip. Only some equipment has a gender field, but not all of the equipment that has a gender field is gender locked etc...), not to mention that there is extra bloat on top of all of this (tyrants not being all class despite sharing the exact same stats for example; Tot'sKnowHow equipment is an exact replica of the regular equipment with an extra field that is set to untradeable, because Rhynne forbid you can trade a level 40 equip you got for free.......).

The list goes on and on. At this point it would require an absolutely major time commitment for NexonNA (because I don't know if KMS client suffers the same problems) to go through and clean up the client. However, were they to do so, they would close a lot of possible exploits and dupe opportunities. And If the client is this bad, can you guys imagine what the codebase must look like.
    those holiday mobs and event npcs are still in town. they really need to pack their bags!

but if the game's population is dying and ems is restless, it is worth giving flames a shot.

darik
  • CurCurRotCurCurRot
    Reactions: 630
    edited October 2016
    Flames: gives stats twice more than Neb(9% all stats, 45% damage boss....), easy to obtain - no NX required.
    Neb: spend thousand of money for a stone which only gives you 4% all stats...
    You guys be the judge
    darikManiOh
  • PermolasPermolas
    Reactions: 340
    edited October 2016
    CurCurRot
    CurCurRot said:

Flames: gives stats twice more than Neb(9% all stats, 45% damage boss....), easy to obtain - no NX required.
    You guys be the judge
    I wouldnt call those stats easy to obtain, in order to re-roll flame stats you need to use craftable flames which arent that common(on EMS and MSEA are event only as you cant craft them) and its still about RNG so ending with good stats will most of the time require a lot of mesos/time, though flames being f2p content already makes them better than current nebulite system.

darikManiOh
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Kek. This guy just won't give up forcing his terrible ideas. Same with the other guy who was spamming GIVE LEGACY SERVER NAO! I DID THE MATH AND 5 WHOLE PEOPLE VOTED YES ON THE POLLS!
    Daxterbeer

but I hope you do realize that I put a lot of decision into whether it will benefit the community and if it would promote activities Nexon would like to see between players. I hope I provided a good analogy and theory on how Additionals Options might affect the Maple community. Sorry I sound like I am nagging, but I am confident I may have the solution to bring the community together, provide ways of helping players gain range and rack up daily income, and making use of underused items and professions in the game.
    >i put a lot of decision and effort
    >here is my theory
    >provides a 3 page document of what Flames of Rebith, as if GMS staff doesn't already know what Flames is
    CurCurRot
    CurCurRot said:

You guys be the judge
    This game doesn't need more power creep, also it's much easier to reach 2mil-2mil clean in GMS than KMS. KMS doesn't have DMT, Gollux, link skills like Kanna, Hayato, Beast Tamer. A Nebs are fine, it's just there is not enough in the market or an easy way to get it, that makes the prices skyrocket. 4-5bil for a single AS 4% A neb is ridiculous. When you can equip like 21-22 nebullites.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

Kek. This guy just won't give up forcing his terrible ideas. Same with the other guy who was spamming GIVE LEGACY SERVER NAO! I DID THE MATH AND 5 WHOLE PEOPLE VOTED YES ON THE POLLS!
    Daxterbeer

but I hope you do realize that I put a lot of decision into whether it will benefit the community and if it would promote activities Nexon would like to see between players. I hope I provided a good analogy and theory on how Additionals Options might affect the Maple community. Sorry I sound like I am nagging, but I am confident I may have the solution to bring the community together, provide ways of helping players gain range and rack up daily income, and making use of underused items and professions in the game.
    >i put a lot of decision and effort
    >here is my theory
    >provides a 3 page document of what Flames of Rebith, as if GMS staff doesn't already know what Flames is
    CurCurRot
    CurCurRot said:

You guys be the judge
    This game doesn't need more power creep, also it's much easier to reach 2mil-2mil clean in GMS than KMS. KMS doesn't have DMT, Gollux, link skills like Kanna, Hayato, Beast Tamer. A Nebs are fine, it's just there is not enough in the market or an easy way to get it, that makes the prices skyrocket. 4-5bil for a single AS 4% A neb is ridiculous. When you can equip like 21-22 nebullites.
    I'm trying to get Flames implemented into the Accessory System with as little NX involvement as possible. How is it bad if a system for gaining range depended on crafting, bossing and training and finding an item for 4% free stats on it? The upcoming damage cap of 10b is really unreachable (unless you spend a million dollars) and I doubt Nexon Korea would raise it again. We aren't stronger than KMS due to the lack of MEEs and our lower Star Force cap as well as events that offer items to boost range for free (free items and AO.)

I don't see a problem with gaining range without NX by crafting and bossing if you are very serious about improvement. The system of AO is meant to benefit players who are are playing hard to earn range, not some casual players who don't care and prefer henehoing. I cannot stand players who talking about the damage cap because they cannot afford it, or they aren't putting effort into it. There will always be players harder working or have more NX than you. If you don't have the time to play, don't care or can't stand being behind, DON'T PLAY! I just want to improve the lives of PLAYERS who are still pondering how to increase their range without spending too much.

If Nexon opposes the idea of flames because they need some income, they can put some flames and its materials into gachapon at a rate so crafting is still viable. Remember, Nexon is a company. The best flames shouldn't be behind a paywall. Most of the flames are from bosses and the materials come from extracting flames and from mobs. Having the flames be craftable is an ideal strategy behind making players motivated which is like the Cubic Blades and cube crafting, having the materials for Flames in Gachapon will just help in case of shortages if the droprate isn't high enough from Commerci, or if the veins aren't dropping the materials often enough for you. I am against putting whole flames into gachapon to prevent accessory crafting dying out.