[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server instability megathread

Comments

• NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I can't connect either
  • rroajrroaj
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2017
    I can't even switch channels more than twice without having force the game to close. How am I supposed to farm luck crystals?
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited September 2017
    I like how I just disconnect and the game forces me to close it. Sometimes the world selection is broken and I have to restart it. I have NEVER played a game with so many server issues as MapleStory. 4 server maintenances and they didn't do anything. Good job.
    Naoki
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited September 2017
    How2Login. Still no freakin luck.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    In all probability, chances are the tune up update has some errors in it. Considering the short amount of time it took for the update to be implemented. They need to repatch it.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I like how I just disconnect and the game forces me to close it. Sometimes the world selection is broken and I have to restart it. I have NEVER played a game with so many server issues as MapleStory. 4 server maintenances and they didn't do anything. Good job.

Not a complete solution, but if world select is broken, click "quit game" and it'l take you back to region select and if you go back to world select from there, it sometimes fixes that problem. (Less time than having to close and reopen the client.)

In all probability, chances are the tune up update has some errors in it. Considering the short amount of time it took for the update to be implemented. They need to repatch it.

While I can't say I know how complicated/intricate the whole MS program/code is, as CS major, I'd assume there's some parts you just don't touch when your updating/doing maintenance. Like here's an example, if you're changing ig ui's why does it affect something in world + character select? Those should in different classes/function and have little to impact on each other.
    The other reason most people are angry/upset over the last few strings of unscheduled maintenance, the description each time more or less says "making back end changes to help with stability + connectivity" (like we've had 3/4 I think?) and yet the servers are in hardly any better shape and the only thing we see is just more downtime with either no improvement or even worse conditions, almost like they are just randomly changing stuff and "hoping" it helps the problem instead of actually sitting down and thinking a bit about what to change before changing it. In my case, between the Sep.8th night (pst) maintenence and the one before it, I was able to log on, AH/CS/ML, and cc moderately okay, but after that maintenance, I almost always blackscreen going in and going out of AH/CS/ML and sometimes take more than 3 attempts before client just stalls in character select.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Sigh
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »

Not a complete solution, but if world select is broken, click "quit game" and it'l take you back to region select and if you go back to world select from there, it sometimes fixes that problem. (Less time than having to close and reopen the client.)

While I can't say I know how complicated/intricate the whole MS program/code is, as CS major, I'd assume there's some parts you just don't touch when your updating/doing maintenance. Like here's an example, if you're changing ig ui's why does it affect something in world + character select? Those should in different classes/function and have little to impact on each other.
    The other reason most people are angry/upset over the last few strings of unscheduled maintenance, the description each time more or less says "making back end changes to help with stability + connectivity" (like we've had 3/4 I think?) and yet the servers are in hardly any better shape and the only thing we see is just more downtime with either no improvement or even worse conditions, almost like they are just randomly changing stuff and "hoping" it helps the problem instead of actually sitting down and thinking a bit about what to change before changing it. In my case, between the Sep.8th night (pst) maintenence and the one before it, I was able to log on, AH/CS/ML, and cc moderately okay, but after that maintenance, I almost always blackscreen going in and going out of AH/CS/ML and sometimes take more than 3 attempts before client just stalls in character select.

My guess would be they were trying to isolate the issue. Which I assume they havent figured out exactly what is causing them. At this point we can rule out the DDoS theory.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited September 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »

Thanks, but I launch the game from steam instead of using that abomination they call the 'Nexon Launcher' and that doesn't take me to the region select page. I'll just stay off the game for now.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    coolpika wrote: »
    I've tried getting into maplestory through the nexon launcher but no matter how many times I've tried I'm able to get into the game. All it shows is a box that should suppose to say that I have been disconnected but it's blank. Can you please look into this thanks

Should try searching forum/google to see if someone had similar error instead of creating a duplicate thread.
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2017
    As long I don't enter Cash Shop, Auction, Change Channels or Use Owl to Move Im fine.

Sad thing is after the maint~ yesterday at GRAZED we're still crashing.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    In Nexon Launcher we trust...... #freegamelauncher #killnexonlauncher #bringbackgamelaunch
    TheOutlander
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited September 2017
    canvas_zpserxml9xg.png

What the title reminded me of
    TheOutlanderLizardnix
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited September 2017
    well the last time we had downtime for 2 weeks, we got a month of 3x drop and 3x exp
  • ThonerThoner
    Reactions: 1,375
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Yeah. I got to admit, I hope the attendance event gets some extension, if nothing else. To me, that would be sufficient, reasonable compensation.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The PTS was for testing the content.
    The issues we're having are network/connectivity issues, that can't really be tested on a single-machine test server. Even right now, Luna is not suffering. Which means that it's not something inherent to the patch.
    Furthermore, the connectivity issues only started Saturday, 3 days after the patch.
    My guess is that it's either a hardware issue with one of the NA data center's network components (router, gateway, etc) or a service quality issue with their ISP. Either way, not something that a test server could predict.

I'd say that's pretty spot on. As you said, ems merged players aren't suffering the same issues (which counts out patch related issues). I also feel that once I login and stay in a map, I don't have any issues as long as there is nothing happening which requires a refresh or a network ping. I was able to fully solo Damien without any major latency related issues, farm nodes for quite some time. The issues happen whenever I goto CS/AH/change channel/private channel(frito/pollo/inf wolf) and on occasion try to goto a different map via tele/portal.
  • BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Son, I am disappoint.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited September 2017
    about two or three on average for me.
  • jofnoaisfgagjofnoaisfgag
    Reactions: 610
    edited September 2017
    I just wanted to buy the Rose butterwand package but can't go into cash shop sigh
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited September 2017
    So tired of trying to log over and over. The log in servers keep lagging out just when you think you have finally broke through into the game. Then when you finally do get in you d/c if you go cs, farm, auction house, cc and just flat lag out. I keep looking at Southperry to see what channels are not lagging at any given time to try and increase my chances of getting in. I have spent hours this weekend just looking at loading screens. I have spent more time trying to get into the game than actually playing the game. Take it down and fix it please!