[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Safe to farm with kanna yet?

Comments

• ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    its a fact that there is so many hackers around and all of them trying abuse this
    that said nexon has to deal with lots of cheks and acc

the only quick way to get out of this its if someone mange to record and reproduce the fals ban
    its rly sux when most of the rumors comes from hacking sites

there is small % of people that for sure got fals ban there is no even reason to get their ban on mule while being activ with their mains in same map/time
    but again the amount of hackers and amount of false ban its crazyyyy so lets have some hope at nexon to make a chek else RIP
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2017
    Glirotus wrote: »
    >:)

I am thinking lag and Kishin Shoukan is the culprit. Like what happened a long time ago with the Bat Swarm skill. Only that was just DC immediately or crash upon usage.

I think if Kannas just use Shikigami Haunting and not Kishin Shoukan, they might be okay. Granted nobody uses Kanna as a regular class (except for me), and only use it to afk kill things but try using Kanna in different ways other then your normal, to try to pin-point what bans it.

ONLY if you are brave to test Kanna's abilities.

I will avoid using any part of my Kanna just in case I am wrong until this gets settled. I hate to see Nexon axe Kanna all together.

I have been farming the past few days on kanna on reboot and i havent got banned , if ure legit u wont get banned.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Perma wrote: »
    Invulgo wrote: »
    At the moment the team is double checking to make sure none of the rules set could conflict with legit players. However I was told that no legit Kanna players have been able to trigger an autoban intentionally. So It's totally up to you guys if you want to believe what other players have been writing online regarding this topic.

So it's mostly botters getting banned then? There WERE a lot of Kanna botters running around before this, so it would make sense. Still, I'm probably going to wait awhile before leveling my Kanna regardless.

No, it's legits too. [Removed]

Not even close. Don't take it out on the volunteers.

Considering he had to remove it because it's the harsh truth I'd say it's pretty on point. Sadly, Nexon most likely won't do anything about this unless some high profile people (top players) have their Kannas get hit with it, as that's how it's been in the past with similar issues.

Harsh truth? You really don't understand the issue at hand.

First off you don't know the reason why it was removed. Second, I'm willing to bet 95% of the kanna's banned will have been hackers. The issue with the Kanna banning is that there isn't a way for any of us to know who's hacking and who isn't. Thirdly, because of #2 it makes it very hard for Nexon to find and unban legit players because of the the illegitimates trying to get unbanned. They're already working on it.

I'm not a big fan of Nexon's work, or how they go about things, but I'm even less of a fan of those making gross assumptions.

Lmao sorry for being "2gross5you", talking to people in life can be tough. And a video just surfaced on Reddit of a legit Kanna player playing and getting banned.

I don't think I said that 100% of the kanna's being banned were hackers, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Nexon screwed up with this, I agree with that, but we also need to take a good look around to see exactly why it's taking so long for this to be fixed.
  • asiandude25asiandude25
    Reactions: 325
    edited October 2017
    darik wrote: »

I am thinking lag and Kishin Shoukan is the culprit. Like what happened a long time ago with the Bat Swarm skill. Only that was just DC immediately or crash upon usage.

I think if Kannas just use Shikigami Haunting and not Kishin Shoukan, they might be okay. Granted nobody uses Kanna as a regular class (except for me), and only use it to afk kill things but try using Kanna in different ways other then your normal, to try to pin-point what bans it.

I will avoid using any part of my Kanna just in case I am wrong until this gets settled. I hate to see Nexon axe Kanna all together.

I have been farming the past few days on kanna on reboot and i havent got banned , if ure legit u wont get banned.

ok... i am legit and got banned. So where's your proof? I can't prove my side of the story so that's all I got to say, but don't be throwing your opinion as if they are facts
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017

ok... i am legit and got banned. So where's your proof? I can't prove my side of the story so that's all I got to say, but don't be throwing your opinion as if they are facts
    Well i generate an opinion based of my own experience and the experience of my guild mates and alliance people , u cant agree and thats totally fine , but unless i see someone of my enviroment that i know its 100% legit gets banned or i myself get unfairly banned i wont change my opinion.

• LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Reactions: 860
    edited October 2017
    From what ive discovered from another forum post is that lot of the legit kannas that are getting banned were people who have just recently returned to the game or have been unactive for a week or so before logging onto their kannas.
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    So is it safe? Saw that video of the guy who filmed getting banned playing legitimately
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited October 2017
    I want to log on and play too because of the dark lord event (got to get those totems) but since it requires farming I'm too scared to log onto my kannas :(

it's not bots, there are many legit kannas being banned and since I do have lag I'm not touching it until I read something from nexon (hopefully well before the event is over)
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I don't get it. Just farm on another class with a pet. kMS doesn't even have mob spawn slave and they're doing just fine.
    Man, what a bunch of jokers.

This coming from the guy who whined on every thread in the forums awhile back about Hayato.
    SlayerJDarkZettadarikSherri
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2017
    Can anyone confirm if this issue affects Luna as well or just the NA servers?
  • BigDonutBigDonut
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2017
    I don't get it. Just farm on another class with a pet. kMS doesn't even have mob spawn slave and they're doing just fine.

This coming from the guy who whined on every thread in the forums awhile back about Hayato.

While everyone else is whining about not being able to use an easy mode character to farm garbage with.

So you think complaining about a feature not being to a liking makes you better than people legitimately afraid of being locked from a game for even thinking about using a feature?
    pandabunniesdarik
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

While everyone else is whining about not being able to use an easy mode character to farm garbage with.

"Garbage"
    I don't think mesos on reboot should be called garbage since they are like the most important there but K
    darikSherri
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

Interesting
    LemonPartae
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    BigDonut wrote: »

So you think complaining about a feature not being to a liking makes you better than people legitimately afraid of being locked from a game for even thinking about using a feature?

This game is garbage, play something better.

"Garbage"
    I don't think mesos on reboot should be called garbage since they are like the most important there but K

Reboot is for poor people, which means everything is garbage over there.
    BigDonut wrote: »

This game is garbage, play something better.

"Garbage"

Reboot is for poor people, which means everything is garbage over there.

Lol thats the most dumbest statement i have ever read in my entire life of gaming.
    You do realize most of the people that play on reboot probably have a gaming desktop.
    Also by your statement Zerobydivide would be poor too.
    darikSherri
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017

ROASTED!!! XD
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017

Its pretty clear uve never played reboot ao please dont talk about what u dont know,what are u 10 years old or what cuz every single word i read that comes from u sounds so childish
    Lol this guy it sounds lime a small rich spoiled kid
    You should get at least a temporary bann from this forums and come back when u learn some manners.
    edited October 2017

Its pretty clear uve never played reboot ao please dont talk about what u dont know,what are u 10 years old or what cuz every single word i read that comes from u sounds so childish
    You should get at least a temporary bann from this forums and come back when u learn some manners.

DeeMon has been banned several times. He never learns.
    darikSherri
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017

Maybe a perma ban is the solution at this point
    edited October 2017

Maybe a perma ban is the solution at this point

It's probably coming. For now, his little rants can be pretty funny if you don't take him seriously.
    darik
  • LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Reactions: 860
    edited November 2017
    Day 12323094823: Account still falsely banned. Maplehood Watch has just arrived - an event I've waited almost a year for. I'm stuck on my chair staring blankly at the forum post. It getting late now,. I think i feel the sun rising. I haven't eaten since just now and I'm starving. But food isn't necessary for survival. Right now; all that matters most is my dearest accounts. I hope i see it again soon.