[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I thought Jett was supposed to be GMS-original

Jett4LifeJett4Life
Reactions: 210
edited October 2016 in General Chat
So shouldn't we be getting Jett-related updates before anyone else? How come JMS Jett gets buffed much before GMS Jett? (Assuming we get those updates, that is)
bootlicker

Comments

• SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited October 2016
    TMS Revamp > JMS Revamp (Mostly 4th job).

Jett is not anymore an exclusive class in GMS, but it's pathetic Nexon NA didn't do anything yet for that class while other servers seem to care about it. This kind of content would be way more appreciated for players over filler patches (like Maple Detective).
    SwordStakergamechangerCaptnPanda
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Slatymate
    Slatymate said:

Jett is not anymore an exclusive class in GMS, but it's pathetic Nexon NA didn't do anything yet for that class while other servers seem to care about it. This kind of content would be way more appreciated for players over filler patches (like Maple Detective).
    Jett was never exclusive to begin with as Zen was/is exactly the same, the only thing different are how maybe 3 skills function and the obvious skin difference
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

Slatymate
    Slatymate said:

Jett was never exclusive to begin with as Zen was/is exactly the same, the only thing different are how maybe 3 skills function and the obvious skin difference
    Jett was actually the exclusive class for GMS while Zen/Dragon Warrior was for CMS/TMS/MSEA. Same skills and gameplay, but different look. They were basically a version of corsair/buccaneer revamp that explorers were supposed to get at the moment and a lot of players raged about how "unbalanced" Jett was at that time.

One of the old thread, for fun.
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    I would vote for Jett to be revamped. Espcially the Taiwan version. This class deserves so much more than it gets. I love this class and would def main it if it was anywhere near how powerful it becomes after the Taiwan Revamp.
    Bahamut_XRedLeafHeart777
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    Slatymate
    Slatymate said:

Jett was actually the exclusive class for GMS while Zen/Dragon Warrior was for CMS/TMS/MSEA. Same skills and gameplay, but different look. They were basically a version of corsair/buccaneer revamp that explorers were supposed to get at the moment and a lot of players raged about how "unbalanced" Jett was at that time.

One of the old thread, for fun.
    they claimed Jett to be "Exclusive" but it functioned exactly the same as Zen/ Dragon warrior that was released in CMS and had the exact same link skill that functioned the exact same way, then a year or so later Zen received the exact same revamp (aside from 3 skill functions) that Jett received later on including the addition of the secondary weapon called the "fist". the class was never really exclusive, just the skin was untill TMS got the ability to change Zen's skill skins to Jett ones.

they were, all in all, the exact same class, just marketed differently for the regions.

I know they were the post revamped versions of Corsairs initially but it still wasn't really a "GMS Exclusive" class and still isnt as they got the same revamp for the most part and function essentially the same way
  • YajirobeYajirobe
    Reactions: 420
    edited October 2016
    Are jets worth playing, for fun factor ETC. I could careless about bossing ATM.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Yajirobe
    Yajirobe said:

If you don't care about bossing or funding, just play Jett. Why even ask this question.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited October 2016
    Yajirobe
    Yajirobe said:

Jetts are the closest class we have to a speed-type character featuring quick dashes, greased lightning DPS, and tight maneuverability. (At least in theory)

Is it a perfect execution? Heck no, but one that is worth at least trying out for adrenaline parkour junkies with more need speed than a certain notorious blue hedgehog.

Bahamut_X
  • RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
    Reactions: 930
    edited October 2016
    I agree. Yes, jett may not be an 'original' class, but gms officially said it was exclusive. So should we not lead jett updates, instead of just making it and abandoning it?

Well, since we get our own unique emblem in this coming patch, nexon has not entirely forgotten jett... which I find quite miraculous.
  • Newbreed1988Newbreed1988
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    I'm probably the one one, who loved jets back then and still do today, granted I just started playing again and started a new account.

I don't care about op classes, in terms of bossing and mobbing. I play classes for fun factor, granted I will spend a but load of nx, since i have a decent job and can afford it.

Even that said, i probably won't focus on funding a main yet.
  • ThrillersVNThrillersVN
    Reactions: 955
    edited October 2016
    Anyone here choosing Jett as a main like me?
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2016
    Yeah...Jett is just a reskin of TMS Zen - it's not even FULLY original
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2016
    jett is one of the weakest chars but one of the fastest and best looking ones with the effects so if you care about that make a jett lmao
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited October 2016
    Jett4Life
    Jett4Life said:

So shouldn't we be getting Jett-related updates before anyone else? How come JMS Jett gets buffed much before GMS Jett? (Assuming we get those updates, that is)
    Yes, please update the class in global. I've mained it since it was introduced. If you aren't going to maintain the class Global Maplestory than at least allow us to be able to switch classes via the job change coin system like other explorers do but I'd really rather you just advance the class with an update every half year or so. It's a fun class to play but it needs to be tweaked and buffed just like the other classes routinely receive.