[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

It's time for a change.

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I agree, as the one who started the discussion about the revamp Equipment Tooltip UI.
    The issue with the highest priority is the one where there are Hackers, Botters and a critical inflation which makes the game's economy to be unstable, too much expensive for everybody.

I'm DEFINITELY saying that the game is not fun anymore, when prices are too high, when it's hard to sell/buy a lot of items and more.

As a player of Luna, last year I was able to buy a lot of items for fair prices which I could earn by myself.
    Somehow, since these times, everything now is super expensive and super hard to earn (the prices are 10 times or more than how it was).
    Maybe the best chance to earn something really good you want is to spend a lot of NX and hope to be lucky to earn something
    valuable enough.

However, it doesn't mean that it's bad to talk about possible revamps to the Equipment Tooltip UI.
    I used to see other regional services and I found that every another service (if not most of them) got the Equipment Tooltip UI revamps including being able to see the missing stats of certain equips in Luna which were obtained prior the Europe service migration.

I would like to see that "The Voice of Mapler" is listened and efforts are done to make the game more fun and more comfortable to play.

alright to clarify one thing: the equipment tooltip Ui was only revamped once in it's life time at all the other regions.

for starters GMS EMS and MapleSEA have shared the same Ui tooltip since before big bang, the other regioins on the other hand had the same ui as kms did back then

the item info was in the center and they had no weird blue dot attached to it.

now for the class rows actually all regions exclusing GMS/MapleSEA/EMS, has the white colored, but GMS/EMS/MapleSEA, had the class rows orange colored and the item title on the left side with a blue dot, the Tooltip Ui got revamped once in it's life time: in Unlimted for other regions, and Unleashed for GMS.

the other regions just reclored the tooltip from blue to black, and placed the class rows in a grey blackish box. GMS/MapleSEA/EMS, had to create a new class rows text in a white color and a different font, GMS got the class rows color right it was grey blackish, but most of the class names on the row, were and still are vertical the only names that they aligned correctly are: thief and pirate as those are the only class names that are horizontal in gms.

on the other hand MapleSEA and EMS, did the opposite: they have created a new class rows with horizontal names, but miscolored the class box itself to pixelish grey color. ( as for the item title it wasn't perfect for MapleSEA/EMS/GMS at all)

while maplesea and ems, has some items with the title on the center, they had and has a lot of
    other items,use,etc,event items title the same way as it currently in gms with the title on the left side attached to a blue dot.

MapleSEA Tooltip: NIcRY9v.png
    MapleSEA Class Rows: 3cvlmcR.png

GMS Tooltip: EMQucw1.png
    GMS Class Rows: EWxMw5m.png

THMS Tooltip: 9GLtSuI.png
    THMS Class Rows: tEP9xXO.png
    ( as you might know THMS is a new service, and they got all the things gms/ems and maplesea lacks, like centred item title,and horizontal class rows names )

Before Big Bang GMS Tooltip: z6me0Ob.png
    Before Big Bang KMS Tooltip: NovNyrK.png

Before Big Bang GMS Class Row: 7YqExA2.png

Before Big Bang GMS Item Title: hB7OxEU.png

Before Big Bang KMS Class Row: dE9szQU.png

Before Big Bang KMS Item Title: yzKHFyg.png

Here's the current KMS Tooltip: orVW5RB.png
    ( notice that it has 10% HP/MP instead of +10 )

Here's the current KMS Class Row: wACbW5U.png

(so pretty much all the other regions besides GMS/EMS/MapleSEA, , just recolored the tooltip and placed the class names in a grey blackish box)

This is the chaos horntail pendant in GMS: mtWYJWY.png

This is the Power Elixir in GMS/MapleSEA/And former EMS: rLTU3c4.png

This is the Power Elixir in THMS: aU8n5S9.png

What needs to be done to the tooltips that are currently in use in GMS, is:

1. Removing the blue dot and placing the items title in the center
    2. Changing the alignment of the class rows text from vertical to horizontal ( for the appropriate classes )
    3. Fixing the invisibile stats like: Additional options,%hp/%mp etc to actually show, for ex: the choas horntail pendant gives 10 %hp and %mp, but the tooltip only shoes it as a + instead of a %.

*My point is that it's not a recent issue, but rather a legacy issue that should have been fixed years ago.

• ManiaclManiacl
    Reactions: 420
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Sorrow wrote: »
    What happens to players that don't own a phone? Will they be able to play their account?

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. If they have a computer to play the game they have a phone simple enough this is 2017.
    SuperSaiyan3ShadEight
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    what i meant is not to ban phone number, but ban their real self. Nowadays it is easy to do video call. This is only applies to those people who appeal for ban.

Regarding phone confirmation, i think people can easily change phone numbers.

But you can actually do face recognition too on new account application. Just ask the account applicants to send self recording videos stating their name and information and stating that they apply for the account. Even if you count, i believe Nexon doesn't have millions of players. At start it will do them some work. But after awhle,it will not be as many. Most of the account applicants at the moments are dummy accounts which 1 people makes more than 1 account.

You can also make a system for new fresh players to try the game. The system is like, new players can create account without account confirmation and can try the game. But account without account confirmation cannot go above certain level like level 100 or level 120 and cannot create more than 3 char. If they want to go for more than the level restriction, they have to confirm their account. To confirm it, they need to send a video recording stating their name and their other information to confirm that he is the person who apply for the account. In this way Nexon will also get the person face. If they lie about their information, Nexon can still have the face recognition. Plus can ask for ID if you think it is necessary. you can match the photos on their id's with their videos. Nowadays, making a video is not that hard. Most of phones now have video feature. If they can buy laptop to play maplestory and have the internet connection, i believe they have phones with camera or at least can borrow their parents or friends phone with camera. You Don't need to ask too much personal information. Probably name, and birthdate is enough. So the videos will probably only take 2 min or less.

Why the Nexon current system will never let them combat hackers? Because hackers can simply do trial and error. When they get banned, they can just make new account and find another way to hack. As time goes, hackers become smarter. They will experience through failure. But Nexon have to go through every single trouble to detect hackers and create anti hackers. it is simply because hackers can run and hide under annonymous name. As time goes, their numbers getting higher and higher. Ban itself doesn't teach hacker to stop hacking, but make them try to learn another ways on how to not get caught.
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Maniacl wrote: »
    What happens to players that don't own a phone? Will they be able to play their account?

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. If they have a computer to play the game they have a phone simple enough this is 2017.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Owning a phone can be expensive and confusing for kids, not everyone can have one, believe it or not. I can't believe people can be this ignorant, this is 2017. iHUHPgR.png
    ArgentPirateIzzy
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited November 2017
    ShadEight wrote: »
    Rokani wrote: »
    There are so many ways to get a new phone number that this would be a pointless avenue.

Not really, at least not a free temporary phone number for making accounts. Most phone apps require an existing number and legit texting websites usually charge for the service. And there is only so much bandwidth to freely give them out. It's a perfectly reasonable option to deter botters. The problem is how nexon is gonna go about covering all carriers around the world. But if they do it though, its going to hit hackers really hard.

So the problems with the phone numbers is how easy it is to swap numbers. Say you make an account with your real number then hack and get banned. Bit whoop go onto google voice, or any other phone service even the paid for ones, and grab a unclaimed number link it to your normal number and there you go. Get banned again? Just grab another number. Number already banned from other hackers using it? Just get another. By the time they run out of numbers to use new players probably wouldn't be able to play.

So defiantly need a more static form of verification.
    Sherri wrote: »
    ID cards? Driver licenses?! I hope not! Kids play too! Most parents will be suspicious too and not let them!
    Mailed letter for verification? No. It would take weeks for a letter to go out, depending on where the receiver lives.

Kids are able to get ID cards, though you are right I doubt parents would let them use it for a game they know nothing about. A system could also be set up to use the parents ID for the kids account. Also no reason there has to be a limit of 1 account per ID either, if any of the accounts are banned for hacking then simply ban all of the accounts.

The letter is, as I stated, a terrible idea lol.
    Roni777 wrote: »
    *snip*

But you can actually do face recognition too on new account application. Just ask the account applicants to send self recording videos stating their name and information and stating that they apply for the account. Even if you count, i believe Nexon doesn't have millions of players. At start it will do them some work. But after awhle,it will not be as many. Most of the account applicants at the moments are dummy accounts which 1 people makes more than 1 account.

*snip*

Face recognition requires a 3d image to look at and still isn't all that accurate, and I doubt most people would have a camera capable of making a 3d model of their face.
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited November 2017
    I agree, as the one who started the discussion about the revamp Equipment Tooltip UI.
    The issue with the highest priority is the one where there are Hackers, Botters and a critical inflation which makes the game's economy to be unstable, too much expensive for everybody.

I'm DEFINITELY saying that the game is not fun anymore, when prices are too high, when it's hard to sell/buy a lot of items and more.

As a player of Luna, last year I was able to buy a lot of items for fair prices which I could earn by myself.
    Somehow, since these times, everything now is super expensive and super hard to earn (the prices are 10 times or more than how it was).
    Maybe the best chance to earn something really good you want is to spend a lot of NX and hope to be lucky to earn something
    valuable enough.

However, it doesn't mean that it's bad to talk about possible revamps to the Equipment Tooltip UI.
    I used to see other regional services and I found that every another service (if not most of them) got the Equipment Tooltip UI revamps including being able to see the missing stats of certain equips in Luna which were obtained prior the Europe service migration.

I would like to see that "The Voice of Mapler" is listened and efforts are done to make the game more fun and more comfortable to play.

alright to clarify one thing: the equipment tooltip Ui was only revamped once in it's life time at all the other regions.

for starters GMS EMS and MapleSEA have shared the same Ui tooltip since before big bang, the other regioins on the other hand had the same ui as kms did back then

now for the class rows actually all regions exclusing GMS/MapleSEA/EMS, has the white colored, but GMS/EMS/MapleSEA, had the class rows orange colored and the item title on the left side with a blue dot, the Tooltip Ui got revamped once in it's life time: in Unlimted for other regions, and Unleashed for GMS.

the other regions just reclored the tooltip from blue to black, and placed the class rows in a grey blackish box. GMS/MapleSEA/EMS, had to create a new class rows text in a white color and a different font, GMS got the class rows color right it was grey blackish, but most of the class names on the row, were and still are vertical the only names that they aligned correctly are: thief and pirate as those are the only class names that are horizontal in gms.

on the other hand MapleSEA and EMS, did the opposite: they have created a new class rows with horizontal names, but miscolored the class box itself to pixelish grey color. ( as for the item title it wasn't perfect for MapleSEA/EMS/GMS at all)

while maplesea and ems, has some items with the title on the center, they had and has a lot of
    other items,use,etc,event items title the same way as it currently in gms with the title on the left side attached to a blue dot.

( as you might know THMS is a new service, and they got all the things gms/ems and maplesea lacks, like centred item title,and horizontal class rows names )

(so pretty much all the other regions besides GMS/EMS/MapleSEA, , just recolored the tooltip and placed the class names in a grey blackish box)

2. Changing the alignment of the class rows text from vertical to horizontal ( for the appropriate classes )
    3. Fixing the invisibile stats like: Additional options,%hp/%mp etc to actually show, for ex: the choas horntail pendant gives 10 %hp and %mp, but the tooltip only shoes it as a + instead of a %.

*My point is that it's not a recent issue, but rather a legacy issue that should have been fixed years ago.

Who cares about that? I can't even train these days, way too many botters out there, also I can't buy anything in FM, way too expensive, thanks to botters.

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Owning a phone can be expensive and confusing for kids, not everyone can have one, believe it or not. I can't believe people can be this ignorant, this is 2017. iHUHPgR.png

He's right, every kid nowadays has a phone, either you lying, or you just don't know the facts.

Haha, that's so true, every single 6 years old kid has an iPhone or something like that.

valuable enough.

Who cares about that? I can't even train these days, way too many botters out there, also I can't buy anything in FM, way too expensive, thanks to botters.
    There are so many ways to get a new phone number that this would be a pointless avenue.

Not really, at least not a free temporary phone number for making accounts. Most phone apps require an existing number and legit texting websites usually charge for the service. And there is only so much bandwidth to freely give them out. It's a perfectly reasonable option to deter botters. The problem is how nexon is gonna go about covering all carriers around the world. But if they do it though, its going to hit hackers really hard.

So the problems with the phone numbers is how easy it is to swap numbers. Say you make an account with your real number then hack and get banned. Bit whoop go onto google voice, or any other phone service even the paid for ones, and grab a unclaimed number link it to your normal number and there you go. Get banned again? Just grab another number. Number already banned from other hackers using it? Just get another. By the time they run out of numbers to use new players probably wouldn't be able to play.

ID cards? Driver licenses?! I hope not! Kids play too! Most parents will be suspicious too and not let them!
    Mailed letter for verification? No. It would take weeks for a letter to go out, depending on where the receiver lives.

Kids are able to get ID cards, though you are right I doubt parents would let them use it for a game they know nothing about. A system could also be set up to use the parents ID for the kids account. Also no reason there has to be a limit of 1 account per ID either, if any of the accounts are banned for hacking then simply ban all of the accounts.

The letter is, as I stated, a terrible idea lol.
    *snip*

*snip*

Face recognition requires a 3d image to look at and still isn't all that accurate, and I doubt most people would have a camera capable of making a 3d model of their face.

So what is your idea?
    what i meant is not to ban phone number, but ban their real self. Nowadays it is easy to do video call. This is only applies to those people who appeal for ban.

Regarding phone confirmation, i think people can easily change phone numbers.

You can also make a system for new fresh players to try the game. The system is like, new players can create account without account confirmation and can try the game. But account without account confirmation cannot go above certain level like level 100 or level 120 and cannot create more than 3 char. If they want to go for more than the level restriction, they have to confirm their account. To confirm it, they need to send a video recording stating their name and their other information to confirm that he is the person who apply for the account. In this way Nexon will also get the person face. If they lie about their information, Nexon can still have the face recognition. Plus can ask for ID if you think it is necessary. you can match the photos on their id's with their videos. Nowadays, making a video is not that hard. Most of phones now have video feature. If they can buy laptop to play maplestory and have the internet connection, i believe they have phones with camera or at least can borrow their parents or friends phone with camera. You Don't need to ask too much personal information. Probably name, and birthdate is enough. So the videos will probably only take 2 min or less.

Why the Nexon current system will never let them combat hackers? Because hackers can simply do trial and error. When they get banned, they can just make new account and find another way to hack. As time goes, hackers become smarter. They will experience through failure. But Nexon have to go through every single trouble to detect hackers and create anti hackers. it is simply because hackers can run and hide under annonymous name. As time goes, their numbers getting higher and higher. Ban itself doesn't teach hacker to stop hacking, but make them try to learn another ways on how to not get caught.

Haha, not bad.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    @SuperSaiyan3

Don't quote several long posts unless
    you're going to use spoilers,
    or if you have more than 6 words to say to it. Not to mention you quoted a several page long quote twice.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2017
    There's no way that nexon doesn't know these people exist all over the place. They've either given up on being able to fix the problem or know they are doing this sort of thing and the nexon employees are doing it as well to make extra cash on the side or receiving kickbacks from the major sites involved and thus ignore the problem.
    SuperSaiyan3
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2017

lmao kids as young as 4 are savvy enough to use an ipad in 2017.

Google voice charges for every new number, like other reliable services. The point is that hackers don't want to pay for new accounts and if they're forced to do it they will either limit themselves or give in. You seem to think temporary phone services can simply conjure up an infinite supply of new phone numbers under limited bandwidth.

There are no perfect solutions here, its better that we have a practical method of account verification than having to jump through hoops just because it would otherwise allow 1 hacker inside the system.

SuperSaiyan3
  • SniperBear13SniperBear13
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    i wanna chime in and tell you a little something.

hackers and botters will always find a way around any security set in place. i have played MMORPG's that cost money, i would still get messages advertising illicit activity's like selling in game currency for real money and such. heck they may even go as far as hacking other peoples accounts to advertise for all i know.

there is an old saying to keep in mind; "Where there's a will, there's a way." that goes double when money can be made. hackers, cheaters, and botters really ruin games, but there is no real magic bullet to stop them 100%. Nexon will do what it can to stop them, but there is only so much they can do at one time.
    DarkPassengerSherriCatooolooo
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

hackers and botters will always find a way around any security set in place. i have played MMORPG's that cost money, i would still get messages advertising illicit activity's like selling in game currency for real money and such. heck they may even go as far as hacking other peoples accounts to advertise for all i know.

there is an old saying to keep in mind; "Where there's a will, there's a way." that goes double when money can be made. hackers, cheaters, and botters really ruin games, but there is no real magic bullet to stop them 100%. Nexon will do what it can to stop them, but there is only so much they can do at one time.

But the problem is that those "hackers/botter/etc" have and are continuing to ruin the games economy for everyone!

PS. we don't have tradeable cash equpis master/meister cubes,and a lot of goodies beccause of those so called "hackers" in nexon words or nexons vfms words (not trying to be insulting )

the hackes could buy cash equpis sell them for meso or vice versa, and we don't have reward points as drops from elite bosses because of them.

+we don't have the ability to fully buy certain cash items with reward points alone, because again, you guessed it: "hackers"

i wish they could find some way that would benefit the legit players while punishing those "hackers".

i'm sick of the fact that gms doesn't get good stuff because of hackers aka: cheaters that cheat and "feels like" they don't get punished, or punished enough to not cheat again. sigh...
    giphy.gif

SuperSaiyan3
  • ShadEightShadEight
    edited November 2017

No one is denying that hackers will find a way, we all know hacking is a fact of online games you don't need to enlighten us about it. But to yield all efforts of mitigating the damage because there isn't a 'magic bullet' is a petty cop out. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the same rehashed excuse of 'b-but hackers will found a way'. No one is asking for perfect solution but we can do better to deter abusive behaviour, like you said where there's a will there's a way.
    SuperSaiyan3darik
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017

But the problem is that those "hackers/botter/etc" have and are continuing to ruin the games economy for everyone!

PS. we don't have tradeable cash equpis master/meister cubes,and a lot of goodies beccause of those so called "hackers" in nexon words or nexons vfms words (not trying to be insulting )

the hackes could buy cash equpis sell them for meso or vice versa, and we don't have reward points as drops from elite bosses because of them.

+we don't have the ability to fully buy certain cash items with reward points alone, because again, you guessed it: "hackers"

i wish they could find some way that would benefit the legit players while punishing those "hackers".

i'm sick of the fact that gms doesn't get good stuff because of hackers aka: cheaters that cheat and "feels like" they don't get punished, or punished enough to not cheat again. sigh...
    giphy.gif

I agree, we shouldn't be missing out on good content just because of hackers.
    I'm getting sick of this crap we put up with.
    PhantomMasterThiefSuperSaiyan3darikShadowParadoxPirateIzzy
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited November 2017
    bootlicker wrote: »
    There's no way that nexon doesn't know these people exist all over the place. They've either given up on being able to fix the problem or know they are doing this sort of thing and the nexon employees are doing it as well to make extra cash on the side or receiving kickbacks from the major sites involved and thus ignore the problem.

You know, I totally agree with you about it, let's face it, Nexon definitely know about this problem, so why they're not doing anything for 10+ years? because, maybe, as you said, they're doing this "to make extra cash on the side or receiving kickbacks from the major sites involved and thus ignore the problem". that's so true!

lmao kids as young as 4 are savvy enough to use an ipad in 2017.

Google voice charges for every new number, like other reliable services. The point is that hackers don't want to pay for new accounts and if they're forced to do it they will either limit themselves or give in. You seem to think temporary phone services can simply conjure up an infinite supply of new phone numbers under limited bandwidth.

There are no perfect solutions here, its better that we have a practical method of account verification than having to jump through hoops just because it would otherwise allow 1 hacker inside the system.

Totally. every kid nowadays has 2 expensive phones, I feel broke compare to them.

Nobody said, "let's remove every single hacker in GMS", also I don't like the way you think because what you actually saying is "Yup, hackers will always find a way, let's just give up and let the game's economy go down, because I don't really care about it anyway".

I say, Nexon, do your best, and do it HARD, FAST and NOW!

Also guys, pay attention, the ones who "Liked" her comment are the only ones who disagree with the fact that we MUST do something about this big issue and we must fix it as soon as we can.

95% of maplers love this game and getting tired of seeing hackers in EVERY SINGLE MAP -___-

It ain't rare, there is literally a hacker in every single map, I can't even train, I truly gave up training like awhile ago.

So of course there will be ALWAYS hackers around, BUT, I'm 100% sure that we can decrease it by A LOT, only if WE (Nexon) actually WANT to do this.

As you said, with "will", anything is possible, right? so I'm 100% sure that with will, Nexon can decrease the hackers problem by a LOT!

giphy.gif

Stop taking my words RIGHT out of my mouth! love you man, I wish you could be a GM.

No one is denying that hackers will find a way, we all know hacking is a fact of online games you don't need to enlighten us about it. But to yield all efforts of mitigating the damage because there isn't a 'magic bullet' is a petty cop out. I can't tell you how many times I've heard the same rehashed excuse of 'b-but hackers will found a way'. No one is asking for perfect solution but we can do better to deter abusive behaviour, like you said where there's a will there's a way.

I just said, exactly the same words as yours.

We all know that we can't remove every single hacker in the game, BUT we can definitely do MUCH more and get rid of MOST of the hackers in the game.

But in order to do that, we need Nexon to have that kind of "will" and DO IT!

giphy.gif

I agree, we shouldn't be missing out on good content just because of hackers.
    I'm getting sick of this crap we put up with.

Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about, that's the spirit.
  • SniperBear13SniperBear13
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2017
    hey i hear you. i don't want to have to suffer because of the hackers. i would really love to be able to use my Reward points for a change. however, i know full well that getting angry and demanding action is never the way to go. there are actions Nexon can take to help limit damage caused by hackers and other cheaters, but it can take time.

some people may say IP ban anyone found hacking. that wont work because of IP spoofers. some might say insa-ban them or rather then ban em, send them to a special map where they cant do anything. what if they were not a hacker or a botter? cheaters suck in any multiplayer game. but as long as there is a market for them, they will continue to ruin legit players experience.
    RandomThoughts
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2017
    Great ideas.

On a separate note, I would like to point out the other kind of cheaters i.e. these "legits" who buy from said meso sellers. IMO, you don't count as legit if you're buying illegal stuff and I think Nexon should start punishing them as well.

Let's face it, the company and the players have banded together multiple times over the years trying to block the hackers from getting in or kicking them out once they've entered. The thing is, they're not gonna stop trying to get in because they've found a reason to be here. They keep getting banned yes, but they keep getting money from meso buyers too.

If the people who purchase are punished along with those who sell, then people may stop purchasing. If they stop purchasing, then there's no reason for the botters to keep farming stuff noone's buying anyway. Ultimately, they'll have no reason to enter the game.

Just my two cents.
    darikPhantomMasterThiefLilyflower
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited November 2017

It doesn't charge anything, I should know I have a numbers with it, or does it charge for changing numbers? If so they will simply make a new account. And I pointed out the lack of infinite numbers, they will eventually run out of numbers that can be used for maple as they will either be in use already or banned, causing a problem for any real new players.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    edited November 2017
    It doesn't charge anything, I should know I have a numbers with it, or does it charge for changing numbers? If so they will simply make a new account. And I pointed out the lack of infinite numbers, they will eventually run out of numbers that can be used for maple as they will either be in use already or banned, causing a problem for any real new players.

$10 to change your number. Gmail, like other email services, now require phone verification after multiple attempted account creations. And banned numbers being in possession of legit players is a very rare, most of them have carrier numbers so it will hardly have an impact. Again the point is to disincentivize multi account creation by slowing it down, not removing it completely we have already established that its impossible to do so.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited November 2017

$10 to change your number. Gmail, like other email services, now require phone verification after multiple attempted account creations. And banned numbers being in possession of legit players is a very rare, most of them have carrier numbers so it will hardly have an impact. Again the point is to disincentivize multi account creation by slowing it down, not removing it completely we have already established that its impossible to do so.

I still think that the idea of censored the letters of Mesos sale sites are great, it doesn't harm anyone. the only way to harm people is to censored "can also", but to Nexon, yeah, that's fine to censored "can also", since it doesn't harm hackers but legit players like us only anyway.

I still think that the idea of censored the letters of Mesos sale sites are great, it doesn't harm anyone. the only way to harm people is to censored "can also", but to Nexon, yeah, that's fine to censored "can also", since it doesn't harm hackers but legit players like us only anyway.
    KerBansot wrote: »
    Great ideas.

On a separate note, I would like to point out the other kind of cheaters i.e. these "legits" who buy from said meso sellers. IMO, you don't count as legit if you're buying illegal stuff and I think Nexon should start punishing them as well.

Let's face it, the company and the players have banded together multiple times over the years trying to block the hackers from getting in or kicking them out once they've entered. The thing is, they're not gonna stop trying to get in because they've found a reason to be here. They keep getting banned yes, but they keep getting money from meso buyers too.

If the people who purchase are punished along with those who sell, then people may stop purchasing. If they stop purchasing, then there's no reason for the botters to keep farming stuff noone's buying anyway. Ultimately, they'll have no reason to enter the game.

Just my two cents.
    Great ideas.

hey i hear you. i don't want to have to suffer because of the hackers. i would really love to be able to use my Reward points for a change. however, i know full well that getting angry and demanding action is never the way to go. there are actions Nexon can take to help limit damage caused by hackers and other cheaters, but it can take time.

some people may say IP ban anyone found hacking. that wont work because of IP spoofers. some might say insa-ban them or rather then ban em, send them to a special map where they cant do anything. what if they were not a hacker or a botter? cheaters suck in any multiplayer game. but as long as there is a market for them, they will continue to ruin legit players experience.

• cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2017

Great ideas.

Just my two cents.
    Great ideas.

Yeah, I also think it's a great idea because they can't change their name sites all the time.