[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Community Meet Up Event Q&A Videos

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited December 2017 in General Chat
As promised, please check out the Q&A videos below! While many of the questions are ones the community has asked in the past, we wanted to give you our thoughts on each matter. Overall, we got a lot of great feedback and suggestions as well as issues that require attention from our guests. While no hard dates could be set for addressing each suggestion raised, we will take everything from this Q&A experience into discussions for our 2018 plans.

Q&A Video with the MapleStory Team:

Q&A Video with Special Guests:

MageOfBattlesEvanelleOnyxFoodSherriDaxterbeerscholar624

Comments

• EvanelleOnyxEvanelleOnyx
    Reactions: 940
    edited December 2017
    It was great to have been a part of the community meet-up!
    I hope there are more events like this in the future, I'd love to have the opportunity to attend again!
    bumbertyr
  • FoodFood
    Reactions: 1,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    Cool videos, I enjoyed watching them. Hope to see more events and videos like these in the future. :)
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited December 2017
    Here is my reaction(s) to the videos. Useless if you're looking for solid feedback of every detail and it's pretty much just a giant wall of text, broken up into paragraphs that (hopefully) make it easier to read.. but I hope that you do enjoy my thoughts and think about some of it a bit;
    1. This is definitely gonna sound awkward and I'm sure many would disagree buuuut personally, I think @Arwoo looks so adorable :3

2. Holy moly, everyone who came to the meet up look/sound like nerds. Of course, I'm a nerd as well. I'm not saying this like I'm not one too rofl

3. NA servers should be PST and European servers should be UTC or whatever they use. I'm seriously disliking UTC and I was just getting used to converting PST to my own timezone, EST. I'm not even joking I had to look up what UTC was and.. CURSE YOU ENGLAND FOR YOUR GMT WHICH IS ACTUALLY UTC. I KNEW THIS HAD TO DO WITH YOU. AND THIS IS COMING FROM AN ANGLOPHILE (GOD SAVE THE QUEEN). BAD CRUMPET PEOPLE. Er.. ahem. :)

4. I'm not end game yet but I can say that Nebulites do help a lot. Anything I can get helps me out and I'm sure people can say the same. I like the system of it, though.. sheesh.. the drop rate of Nebulite Boxes is pretty low, at least for me.

5. Concerning the topic of an Old Maple server (AKA one of the most controversial topics lol); I think it's a great idea, personally. Of course, it will probably be very busy so having multiple channels will be a must, but think of it this way. If an official Old Maple server were to come out, think of how many people will be attracted back to playing MapleStory again. Think of all the money you could be making from all those people coming back to play the game. It might be time consuming or expensive at first but in the long run it will definitely be a win-win for MapleStory/Nexon and the community.

Also, yeah. A Pre-BB server would mean nothing new coming out. It would probably stay like that forever. That may sound a bit boring but a lot of people seem to of really enjoyed that era of MapleStory. Besides, if they ever did want to, they could always hop back onto the current version of MapleStory.

Well personally, I started playing MapleStory when Phantom came out (Renegades).
    One thing I can say though, technically I have been playing before that.. if anybody remembers MapleStory Adventures on Facebook.
    I've never experienced Pre-BB myself but I can tell you that the people who want a Pre-BB server want to go back to those times where it was simple. Only the explorer classes, only the original places, the grind to level..
    Now.. I kind of have to admit something here that a ton of people will not like hearing, might get me banned but please don't ban me! Just hear me out.

I have played on a private server before. Now, I don't play on it anymore, I promise! It was years ago when I played on it!
    My point is that I've seen what it was like back then.. or, at least just a similar mirrored reflection of how it was.

Of course, with just about all private servers, there was 2x exp/drop rate. I personally didn't like that. It defeats the whole purpose of having that said 'Pre-BB' server. "Let's have a private server so people can go back to the simple/challenging days.. but add 2x stuff!" Why?!
    Anyway! Other than that, I actually really enjoyed my time on it. I enjoyed how simple it was, how difficult it was to progress. I felt like leveling up was really worth everything. Of course, I love today's MapleStory so much more, but it was refreshing to go back in time and see how it was like.

I don't really have anything to say about the Content Creator Q&A except that you don't necessarily have to drop playing GMS1. You can play both fine, right? I play MapleStory and Mabinogi, both being Nexon games and I love them both.
    Also I really miss party play being a thing too. I remember grinding in LHC/LKC with complete strangers, and eventually making new friends, helping each other to getting stronger.. it really did hurt a lot when they took it out and continued to get rid of party areas like LHC/LKC.
    It seems that they want MapleStory to be solo.

A now I have a few questions myself;
    I agree, when will the pet looting lag be fixed? For me at least, sometimes it could be barely noticeable yet other times it's difficult to even play because of the strength of the pet looting lag.
    To be fair, I only bother having a pet is if it's guaranteed to be a permanent pet which will help me out forever.
    (I only have like two of these though. Can ya' have more events that give free perm pets please? Thx ♥)

Also, this doesn't necessarily have to do with MapleStory itself, but I have a question as well;
    Will MapleStory 2 be considered for Global (GMS2 confirmed)?
    I don't want any exact dates or anything, I just would like to know if it was being thought on.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited December 2017
    there's still one important question that has not been answered, will the wrongfully banned ever be unbanned?
    SherriTuba
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited December 2017
    arwoo is stylin. I cant believe no one asked about what they are doing about the lag or censorship
    TubaSherriLilyflower
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017
    flames were mentioned. :o
  • TubaTuba
    Reactions: 3,175
    edited December 2017
    Props to y'all for trying to open a line of communication with your players, however a repeating theme I heard with SavageAce was ..."ummm".... "i don't know".... "we'll look into it"... "we'll see"... At a point I had to stop watching the video because it was very disappointing to see the producer not give any straightforward answers towards the people who took time out of their day to attend this discussion pannel.

PS: it still makes absolutely no sense to have a NA server in a UTC time zone. This should have never been implemented, and I'm not sure why it still is.
    SherriLilyflower
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    flames were mentioned. :o

I didn't really hear their answer. All they really did was bob their heads like some kind of toy.

tenor.gif?itemid=3534168

But if I were at the meetup, I wonder if there are also other possible Maple-related duties that can be performed outside the office besides VFMs and reporting suspicious activity.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2017
    oops.

• LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited December 2017
    Wow nobody said a word about the cubing system. Really? are they really happy with throwing a cube on items just to get better stats?
    chuck or whatever the hell his name is sucks up to Nexon so bad. Sure you will eventually reach the point where you are strong enough to solo almost every boss, but it literally TAKES A LOT OF TIME. if you are lucky yea probably 3-5 years but for most of us, 10- infinite years who knows? You only get to buy 5 red 5 black a month if you play in non-reboot. oh wait you need to cube your bonus potential. that's another 10 years +. Congratulation !
  • RoflMayoRoflMayo
    Reactions: 470
    edited December 2017
    I don't know if I didn't hear it but how was there NO MENTION OF KANNA'S STATE?