[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I thought events were supposed to be fun...

nr666nr666
Reactions: 475
edited January 2018 in General Chat
I was looking forward to playing this wonderoid event, A fun story with cool rewards.
But now, I would rather cover my naked body in honey and jump in a pool of fire ants than attempt that jump quest again.

I realise I'm much better off spending that time working an actual job (and still have more fun) and then use the money I earn to buy any other game as my reward.

So nice try ,but no thank you, Nexon.

Maybe try to remember what a game is supposed to be, for next event.
SimzPetalmagicNicholasBSlicedTimeKingofrunesZeroBluxMewBlueberry

Comments

• MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited January 2018
    it is fun dawg, you mean you don't find it fun to bob and weave the lasers and steam?? you can also play bball with the android

i finised the course in liek 2 hours?? last part was intense though, had some dogs on my tail shooting me while i break outta there
    SanjayDarkPassenger
  • SimzSimz
    Reactions: 985
    edited January 2018
    its supposed to be a tough quest with gives you android and lvl 120 hearts. its not necessarily fun, in the sense that its easy to play,
    But it gives instead a satisfaction from completing the event. I agree this event is geared towards dedicated players . I also agree that its a bit too hardcore.
    Traveler5577
  • nr666nr666
    Reactions: 475
    edited January 2018
    I'm not against something with a high diffculty. I enjoy a good challenge.
    This jump quest however is not a challenge,... it's a chore.

And thusly I'll get more satisfaction out of flipping burgers at MCdonalds for two hours and then buy a heart with real money. (or better yet, spend it on something worthwhile.) Instead of wasting 2 hours on one of the worst bits of game design I've ever seen.
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2018
    nr666 wrote: »
    I'm not against something with a high diffculty. I enjoy a good challenge.
    This jump quest however is not a challenge,... it's a chore.

And thusly I'll get more satisfaction out of flipping burgers at MCdonalds for two hours and then buy a heart with real money. (or better yet, spend it on something worthwhile.) Instead of wasting 2 hours on one of the worst bits of game design I've ever seen.

a chore if you are good at Jump quests...a nightmare if you are me, the most unjumpy person in MS history.
    MehiaMewBlueberry
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited January 2018
    I earned 6 androids and 6 lvl 120 hearts the first time this event came out. It took me no lie over 6 hours to master the first set of jump quests then they went and changed it in a patch and I had to spend like 4 hours learning it all over again. I was looking forward to seeing if the jump quest was different this time and perhaps earning more for some of my other characters, but then I got banned. =[ Good Luck!!!
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited February 2018
    I dont really view it as a challenging jump quest. Not once have i failed to make a platform due to the difficuly of the jump. It is more like a dodge and keep progressing kind of thing if anything. I enjoy this kinda thing as compared to like the henesys park jump quest or flag race which i dont enjoy as much.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited February 2018
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    a chore if you are good at Jump quests...a nightmare if you are me, the most unjumpy person in MS history.

Same. Last time I couldn't even get past the conveyor belts of B4. This time I managed to get all the way to B1. I've been here for the past 3 hours, still can't get past the first laser which pretty much gives you an idea how good I'll be at the steam part.
    Simz wrote: »
    I agree this event is geared towards dedicated players .

There's different levels of dedication. Some may say having over 6k in legion, a main above 230, or over 450 in MC dedication. Some would base it on damage, gear or items collected. If it was the former, I'd count. I'd probs count towards the latter too. That doesn't change the fact that I'm still stuck here.

For an event that was "nerfed" for casual players.. this is still intense.
    I dont really view it as a challenging jump quest. Not once have i failed to make a platform due to the difficuly of the jump. It is more like a dodge and keep progressing kind of thing if anything. I enjoy this kinda thing as compared to like the henesys park jump quest or flag race which i dont enjoy as much.

If they told me I had to do Hene pet park JQ 1000x to unlock these androids, I'll be fine with it. I don't mind doing it over and over and over as long as I can do it. This one just kills me and brings me back. So what I end up doing over and over and over is to get back to the point where I die. This is starting to feel more like an ad for suicide than a jump quest.

PetalmagicKingofrunesnr666ZeroBlux
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited February 2018
    It only took me so long because I didn't know where to go at b1. There was a chat box about some elevator so I assumed that meant I had to go up. Also didn't know that you could kill the guards. Then I looked it up on YouTube and found out you just go back to the portal you started at and I finished it in like 15 minutes. It's not bad game design. It's an obstacle course. There's nothing wrong with the design. It would be bad design if it was so easy.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited February 2018
    It's an obstacle course, alright. One that says "f*** you" to whatever progress you've made. It's like dying at 99.99% and going back to 0%, though personally given the difficulty, it's like dying at 99.99% at level 199 and reviving back to level 10.

I wouldn't be this salty if this wasn't a time limited event. But it is. I know I have limited time to learn it and limited entries to the coin farming place. The pressure to learn it with enough time to farm the coins for the stuff I want is just adding to the frustration.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited February 2018
    it's actually very easy. easier than zakum's jq. you just have to..get good i guess. as silly as it sounds.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited February 2018
    Meh, the reward is nice but it isn't game breaking. If it's to much aggravation and time consuming, then save your sanity and just don't do it.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited February 2018
    bootlicker wrote: »
    Meh, the reward is nice but it isn't game breaking. If it's to much aggravation and time consuming, then save your sanity and just don't do it.

Yeah, I just really wanted to participate in the event. I always enjoy them. I skipped it last year after trying for weeks and figuring out I won't have enough coins given the then buggy investigation mode. I really don't like quitting either but I may have to.

What this event reminded me of though, is how toxic this community can be. I saw all the posts about the 88k kills for Haste here and on reddit, and just complaint posts in general, the comments are downright brutal. Meh. Whatever.

Just something for Nexon to consider, for haste you had a week to do 88k kills and you can do it whenever. Don't feel like doing it? Do something else, your kill count won't reset. Wondroid JQ, leave it once, start over. I don't see why the logic of the complaint is so hard to see.
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited February 2018
    Yeah, I see your point. I suck at jump quests and the more aggravated i get the worse I seem to do. I spent 4 hours on B1 and was disappointed I'd have to completely start all over when I wanted to go back to play the main game to do my dailies and bossing. I just found it wasn't worth my time and frustration.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited February 2018
    I pretty much quit after 8th time I died on that steam pipe course on B1. Not fun at all. Just gonna farm coins from battery quest and get that 5-star heart.
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited February 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    I earned 6 androids and 6 lvl 120 hearts the first time this event came out. It took me no lie over 6 hours to master the first set of jump quests then they went and changed it in a patch and I had to spend like 4 hours learning it all over again. I was looking forward to seeing if the jump quest was different this time and perhaps earning more for some of my other characters, but then I got banned. =[ Good Luck!!!

I'm not sure if they changed anything at B1 (normal mode) with the amount of steams on the conveyor belt. There weren't many but then again, most of my runs were hard mode. So I might have forgotten about it. Normal one seems so easy now when I did on friend's character.

They did add 'checkpoints' halfway in the stages. If you pass that point and died, or get an accidental report, you will get send to that checkpoint. Glitches still exist although I triggered it once on my friend's character, the button to open a door didn't work.

And at F1, it's supposed to be the easiest part, turns out to be freaking annoying. You remember you could lure out the guards before starting the sequences to break the barrier? But now the guards don't show up until you actually started the sequence. I had to redo that stage probably 6-8 times...

But yea since they added checkpoints halfway on each stage? I saw them at least in B2 and B1. Especially for B1 it made things easier. Since you could retry from the checkpoint part instead of redoing everything from the beginning of B1. Easier to master a JQ that way.

I finished Adam and Eve's JQ, they are the same one from their memory (their story), while both of them were trying to escape (hard mode, the same as the other wondroids).
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    I pretty much quit after 8th time I died on that steam pipe course on B1. Not fun at all. Just gonna farm coins from battery quest and get that 5-star heart.

Hey sorry to hear your run didn't go well. I just wanted to let you know, you do need to rescue at least one Wondroid (which would be Asteroid in this case) in order to unlock the Asteroid, level 70/120 hearts, the nx dress, lv70/120 shoulder& belt.

And the heart only works on wondroids.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited February 2018
    I finally saved Aster 3 days ago, I think. Made sure to do my dailies first. Please don't ask how long it took.

The guards on F1 killed me several times but it eventually I finally survived.

Since then I've been stuck on Rhea. It's either I would fall through the gaps or she would. Had no idea B4 was different from Aster until I looked up a video.

The furthest I've gotten so far is a door/gate away from the conveyor belt. I jumped alongside Rhea. She fell through the floor when there wasn't even a hole. So I go back and this time I throw her. I jump over and I fall through the floor. Has been that way for several days and several attempts now. Starting to wish I can toss myself over as well.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    It took me 1h30 to complete the Asther rescue for the first time.
  • DoomcallerDoomcaller
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2018
    I'm so bad at this type of event cause of anxiety problems. Sudden sweat on my fingers after going into there for 1 second.
  • MehiaMehia
    Reactions: 605
    edited February 2018
    I understand how you feel. Just watch some video guides on the Wondroid JQs and you're good to go!