[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why is Bera so active and YET so dead?

Comments

• MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2018

tnyzng wrote: »
    delet this

does it even matter to any of you

it matters alot, this is a reminder of the truth that the gam is as gud as ded and not as alive than you think
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited February 2018
    people have gotten that far a long time ago, it's their choice to still play despite that
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited February 2018
    delet this

minus jonic*
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited February 2018
    SuperJonic wrote: »
    It's somewhat similar to what happened in scania. I see all the population almost full on all the channels; and by the time i log on to go grind, I see bots here, bots there, bots in towns, bots taking up every best grinding spots, bots bots bots. Now after the world transfer, i only see a few. Still bothers me to this point that botters will never go away.

Yes, it's happened in Scania as well and still does BUT not as much as it is now in Bera, since, as you said, after the world transfer, all the botters/hackers ditched Scania because they knew/saw that Bera is the most populated world (compare to other worlds of course, but in fact, it's really dead), so they came to Bera in order to bot 24/7, farm ton of mesos and sell it and make $$
    Pigaba wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Goes to show hackers and bots make up a large portion of the population.

I'd say about 60%, no, even 70% to be honest, 3rd thought, 75%-80%.
    yea i would say 50-60% of the population are botters

also wanted to say a botter stole my map, was training and minding my own business then he came outta nowhere and brought all the monsters to him

ridaculous

No, it's not 50-60% of the population are botters, it's at least 70% I'd say, even 75% maybe, and yes Nexon will never get rid of them, zehahahahahaha

no doubt zehahahaha!!

I don't get it though, why Nexon won't take action and take those hackers down? or at least most of them, or maybe just half of them.

They just told you why. 60-70% of player base are hacker/botters. Why on earth would Nexon want 60-70% of their player base to disappear? So those 30% lowly legit players can enjoy the game? Are you crazy or something?

Lol. Sanjay sounds like Nexon's lawyer xD

I would say yes, except he's too dumb to be any kind of lawyer. I seriously doubt he can even get into Devry law school.
    Here I will add you and others to this dumb little conversation that Sajay started with me. See for yourself. It's pretty hilarious and cringy at the same time. It's great.

Hahahahaha, yeah, you're so right, I guess he's just making fun of himself.
    delet this

Stop being Nexon's lawyer and hide the truth!
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited February 2018
    SuperJonic wrote: »
    It's somewhat similar to what happened in scania. I see all the population almost full on all the channels; and by the time i log on to go grind, I see bots here, bots there, bots in towns, bots taking up every best grinding spots, bots bots bots. Now after the world transfer, i only see a few. Still bothers me to this point that botters will never go away.

Yes, it's happened in Scania as well and still does BUT not as much as it is now in Bera, since, as you said, after the world transfer, all the botters/hackers ditched Scania because they knew/saw that Bera is the most populated world (compare to other worlds of course, but in fact, it's really dead), so they came to Bera in order to bot 24/7, farm ton of mesos and sell it and make $$
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Goes to show hackers and bots make up a large portion of the population.

I'd say about 60%, no, even 70% to be honest, 3rd thought, 75%-80%.
    yea i would say 50-60% of the population are botters

also wanted to say a botter stole my map, was training and minding my own business then he came outta nowhere and brought all the monsters to him

ridaculous

No, it's not 50-60% of the population are botters, it's at least 70% I'd say, even 75% maybe, and yes Nexon will never get rid of them, zehahahahahaha

no doubt zehahahaha!!

I don't get it though, why Nexon won't take action and take those hackers down? or at least most of them, or maybe just half of them.

They just told you why. 60-70% of player base are hacker/botters. Why on earth would Nexon want 60-70% of their player base to disappear? So those 30% lowly legit players can enjoy the game? Are you crazy or something?

Lol. Sanjay sounds like Nexon's lawyer xD

I would say yes, except he's too dumb to be any kind of lawyer. I seriously doubt he can even get into Devry law school.
    Here I will add you and others to this dumb little conversation that Sajay started with me. See for yourself. It's pretty hilarious and cringy at the same time. It's great.

Hahahahaha, yeah, you're so right, I guess he's just making fun of himself.
    Oh you don't even know half of it. See for yourself. I added you to conversation
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited February 2018
    i do not doubt that this game has went to ****

but we're still playing right so obviously something isn't adding up right
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited February 2018
    Seriously hackers and botters are just out of control. Just compare KMS and GMS. KMS actually require you to give your social to create an account, so there are very little hackers. Just look at the KMS auction house and how great their economy looks. Then we have GMS, where there are websites that actually SELL you mesos for USD, most likely run by bunch of botters. It's horrifying and the fact that there are people STILL defending NX despite their incompetence is even more terrifying.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited February 2018
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Seriously hackers and botters are just out of control. Just compare KMS and GMS. KMS actually require you to give your social to create an account, so there are very little hackers. Just look at the KMS auction house and how great their economy looks. Then we have GMS, where there are websites that actually SELL you mesos for USD, most likely run by bunch of botters. It's horrifying and the fact that there are people STILL defending NX despite their incompetence is even more terrifying.

Prepared to be horrified lol
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Reactions: 865
    edited February 2018

That comparison isn't fair. KMS only has to service Korea. GMS on the other hand services Canada, North America, and Europe. Not sure what other locations. Either way with so many regions compressed into one service, using a universal ID is neigh impossible. Let alone the international laws regarding the security and storage of that sensitive user information.

Due to that, NA Nexon cannot implement such a system to combat hackers. Making such a comparison does not help alleviate the situation at all. Nexon thus needs to find a different way to combat the botter problem. Either way their current systems are not solving the problem and should be looked into more.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited February 2018

That comparison isn't fair. KMS only has to service Korea. GMS on the other hand services Canada, North America, and Europe. Not sure what other locations. Either way with so many regions compressed into one service, using a universal ID is neigh impossible. Let alone the international laws regarding the security and storage of that sensitive user information.

Due to that, NA Nexon cannot implement such a system to combat hackers. Making such a comparison does not help alleviate the situation at all. Nexon thus needs to find a different way to combat the botter problem. Either way their current systems are not solving the problem and should be looked into more.

Zehahaha, another Nexon's lawyer.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    what if the ch bar its lie ? or fake increased from the real amount ?
    what if show 40-60% with 20ish maplers around ?

• Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited February 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »

That's what I also thought, but second though, I don't really think the channel bar its actually lying, I mean, that just seems to be too far (even for Nexon), so I think it just makes more sense that 70%+ are actually botters and hackers who farm mesos in order to sell it.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    ManiOh wrote: »

That's what I also thought, but second though, I don't really think the channel bar its actually lying, I mean, that just seems to be too far (even for Nexon), so I think it just makes more sense that 70%+ are actually botters and hackers who farm mesos in order to sell it.

wont surprise me if they do that :) marketing thing to make server "popular/active"
    but yea the botters that take all the maps and chs for sure has huge %part in that bar

and when there is no GM's and not well explained meso system
    new maplers eazy think that buying or selling meso its legal
    its just general chaos :(
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited February 2018

Ok fine, They can't implement same kind of security as KMS because it's big. I'll say that's a fair point.
    But these hacker problems have been going on for so long. Years. man. It's going been going on for years, the game economy is total trash, and they don't even ban people advertising meso selling sties on Ch1 of every world. Yet they push the same KMS patches like 1 entry/boss for certain bosses and 60 crystal sale/week! I imagine that have some sort of decent reason for those patches in KMS (although I doubt it since even KMS players are outcried on those patches), but what about here?? Those kind of changes that severly cut off ways to get legit mesos only push legit players to either quit or buy mesos from those meso selling sites, which then helps the botters and encourage them to bot even more.
    Sure fine they can't implement the same social security rule like KMS. Then they should at least put something in GMS that takes away incentive to bot. They can sure increase drop rates for things that people usually spend a lot of mesos for, such as nodestones and etc. They need to do some experimental changes to fix this problem in GMS, but they never ever do such a thing. They simply push out dumb events and follow KMS patches.
    It is just so frustrating to see how little NX really care about their legit player base, and even more so when there are these people defending nexon as if they're trying their best to solve this problem.
    cheezburger85SuperJonic
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2018

Ok fine, They can't implement same kind of security as KMS because it's big. I'll say that's a fair point.
    But these hacker problems have been going on for so long. Years. man. It's going been going on for years, the game economy is total trash, and they don't even ban people advertising meso selling sties on Ch1 of every world. Yet they push the same KMS patches like 1 entry/boss for certain bosses and 60 crystal sale/week! I imagine that have some sort of decent reason for those patches in KMS (although I doubt it since even KMS players are outcried on those patches), but what about here?? Those kind of changes that severly cut off ways to get legit mesos only push legit players to either quit or buy mesos from those meso selling sites, which then helps the botters and encourage them to bot even more.
    Sure fine they can't implement the same social security rule like KMS. Then they should at least put something in GMS that takes away incentive to bot. They can sure increase drop rates for things that people usually spend a lot of mesos for, such as nodestones and etc. They need to do some experimental changes to fix this problem in GMS, but they never ever do such a thing. They simply push out dumb events and follow KMS patches.
    It is just so frustrating to see how little NX really care about their legit player base, and even more so when there are these people defending nexon as if they're trying their best to solve this problem.

I wish we had more smart people like you.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited February 2018
    I have to say that, yes people went in Bera and it's a LOT more populated than it was, but even if you count afk players, it's clear the amount of hackers today, i remember before when servers went up and people logged in, usually it wouldn't have such drastic change compared to when the game was normaly online, but recently i've been seeying how there are a lot less whent he game is up compared to Reboot, which might imply hackers or something similar.

In the past i say hackers were like 30% of population in general or less, now it seens even more people hacking, it's also noticable with the server lagg that it's so easy to have these days, not with with more lag/delay in skills, comparing with my experience when Luna got full and people came back, it's just more laggy and harder to have precise timing with skills even thought the population of both were similar when i played Luna vs Bera today(hackers lag a bit server one by one, so it adds up with more hackers).

I hope maple get better, but it's a bit hard to see when there's more hackers than before, making it harder to win against so they will most likely not try to stop em that much(making a snowball effect), overall it's just worst for players, when Nexon seens to be losing employees when they need em to actually change the game, doesn't help much.
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2018
    Ivangold wrote: »
    I have to say that, yes people went in Bera and it's a LOT more populated than it was, but even if you count afk players, it's clear the amount of hackers today, i remember before when servers went up and people logged in, usually it wouldn't have such drastic change compared to when the game was normaly online, but recently i've been seeying how there are a lot less whent he game is up compared to Reboot, which might imply hackers or something similar.

In the past i say hackers were like 30% of population in general or less, now it seens even more people hacking, it's also noticable with the server lagg that it's so easy to have these days, not with with more lag/delay in skills, comparing with my experience when Luna got full and people came back, it's just more laggy and harder to have precise timing with skills even thought the population of both were similar when i played Luna vs Bera today(hackers lag a bit server one by one, so it adds up with more hackers).

I hope maple get better, but it's a bit hard to see when there's more hackers than before, making it harder to win against so they will most likely not try to stop em that much(making a snowball effect), overall it's just worst for players, when Nexon seens to be losing employees when they need em to actually change the game, doesn't help much.

yea :( its going to far
    at some popular maps (sahel 2,mini map on left ) they come and start hack wich is so bad compared when they use to hack on maps far from contact with most of us
    wont end well if nexon dont for once take some steps
    evry day its geting worst like they want the EMS death road

i know the 2017 wasnt good year $ but if they dont lisent community and start make changes 2018 wont end good aswell
    people say plan 3times cut once but nexon cuts 3times without plan or 1short term plan
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Seriously hackers and botters are just out of control. Just compare KMS and GMS. KMS actually require you to give your social to create an account, so there are very little hackers. Just look at the KMS auction house and how great their economy looks. Then we have GMS, where there are websites that actually SELL you mesos for USD, most likely run by bunch of botters. It's horrifying and the fact that there are even more horrifying
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited February 2018
    Seriously hackers and botters are just out of control. Just compare KMS and GMS. KMS actually require you to give your social to create an account, so there are very little hackers. Just look at the KMS auction house and how great their economy looks. Then we have GMS, where there are websites that actually SELL you mesos for USD, most likely run by bunch of botters. It's horrifying and the fact that there are even more horrifying

Yeah, that's very true, but it's just sad to see how the amount of hackers is just growing all the time! -_-
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited February 2018
    Well, I guess it's up to Nexon, if they'll ever want to get rid of them, they'll do so.