[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    pepe wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »

we do not all want all worlds merged into 1 world, that is a terrible idea and doomed to make people hate the hassle of finding traning spots, having 3 worlds gives people the ability to have space and go somewhere else if they don't like the popularity of a server while concentrating the population of reg server players.

It may very well be possible that 3 worlds (I assume you mean 3 regular servers + reboot) is still too much, but I wont ever know cause nexon will never disclose what the population is.

But if people insist in playing in a world that consist only of themselves and meso advertisers, there should be an option to world transfer permenantly, and those who wont to play in a populated world can transfer and those who wish to stay can choose not to use it.

You really think all non reboot population is that high? please, it's nowhere near prebb scania levels, there's a reason nexon hides the numbers from us. If you wanna have a feel for the population try going to the channel select screen whenever there's an mvp smega and see that one channel fill up with just ~50 people in ardentmill. It is far more likely that 3 servers won't be enough, the best we can hope for are 2 servers.

This is exactly what I was thinking about.
    We must have 2 worlds, Bera (merge everything into Bera excluding Reboot) and Reboot.

Take a look at Scania and Windia at Saturday or Sunday..... it's literally a ghost town.... let alone the other days.... monday, tuesda, etc....
    Because at Saturday and Sunday, you maybe, just maybe, might be able to find like 1-2 people around but at other das....

No, that's a terrible idea, also I'm pretty sure they meant 2 reg servers. which I think is do able and still allow people to be happy but why not drop the number to 3 before 2 just to gauge how the population will move. once again it's selfish to think everyone wants to be in a highly active world just because it's what you want. it doent hurt the population in having more than 1 reg server, we just currently have an over abundance of reg servers, 3 max or 2 minimum is best for everyone.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited May 2018
    no world merge... but they making new world ><"
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited May 2018
    ima as well pack up my things and quit then...
    saladsenpaii
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited May 2018
    No, that's a terrible idea, also I'm pretty sure they meant 2 reg servers. which I think is do able and still allow people to be happy but why not drop the number to 3 before 2 just to gauge how the population will move. once again it's selfish to think everyone wants to be in a highly active world just because it's what you want. it doent hurt the population in having more than 1 reg server, we just currently have an over abundance of reg servers, 3 max or 2 minimum is best for everyone.

Yes I meant 2 reg servers and reboot. I don't have a problem with people wanting a low population server, but for the majority of us that actually want activity I don't think 3 servers would suffice. Lets face it we will never have a boom of players in the future so we'll have to make the best of our situation.
    saladsenpaii
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited May 2018
    legit players? implying the rest are not? Don't stir the hornet's nest. OP said we "all" want a merge. Which is an inclusion of those that may not want it. So, I'm saying we don't all want it, OP should've said, some of us want a merge. Im ignoring the statistics you gave because you cant possibly know 90% of the player base, only a sample size of the population even have public presence on forums (reddit or official) or discord app. It's always the same people speaking of the merge, so the numbers don't increase when new posts surface.

Merging isn't a right, it is a privilege. If it were a right, you wouldn't have to be suggesting it.

People who want a low population server are always going to be a minority. That's why they want low population servers in the first place, it's an apriori assumption.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »
    legit players? implying the rest are not? Don't stir the hornet's nest. OP said we "all" want a merge. Which is an inclusion of those that may not want it. So, I'm saying we don't all want it, OP should've said, some of us want a merge. Im ignoring the statistics you gave because you cant possibly know 90% of the player base, only a sample size of the population even have public presence on forums (reddit or official) or discord app. It's always the same people speaking of the merge, so the numbers don't increase when new posts surface.

Merging isn't a right, it is a privilege. If it were a right, you wouldn't have to be suggesting it.

People who want a low population server are always going to be a minority. That's why they want low population servers in the first place, it's an apriori assumption.

theres a difference between low population and stable population, clearly a high density of players doesn't work.
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited May 2018
    Yeah, because me merging with bera is such a good idea.

Listen, if I wanted to be with all of the sellouts, fakes, and be in a crowded server where I could never get a map to begin with?

I WOULD HAVE JOINED BERA, DURING THE WORLD LEAP EVENT.

But I chose GRAZED because It's quiet, and I can train whenever I feel like it without having 20 channels full of people on the same map.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited May 2018
    pepe wrote: »

Yes I meant 2 reg servers and reboot. I don't have a problem with people wanting a low population server, but for the majority of us that actually want activity I don't think 3 servers would suffice. Lets face it we will never have a boom of players in the future so we'll have to make the best of our situation.

We wouldn't need any server merge if Nexon just allowed us to move to different worlds when we pleased. This way, those who want to play in dead can stay, and those who wish to move simply go to bera
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited May 2018
    Alantino wrote: »
    Xionicomad wrote: »
    There is no excuse for this at all. Scania was ALWAYS the top server in terms of population (before ReBoot) and now it's one of the dead servers.

If KMS can do a server merge then so can you guys NA Nexon. Honestly I think it's unfair to those who were on a hiatus during your transfer event. When I came back Scania was a desert with BARELY anyone around.

A response about this would be great. At this point the community should at least get acknowledgement about this.

You just took the words right out of my mouth.

I am 1 of those lonely wolfs in Scania by the way :(
    But recently I started to log on less and less because honestly.... no one is around anymore...

Looks like you might stop logging on all together, talked to someone from support (out of desperation) , and there is no plans this year to have a world transfer event or world merge.

Omg.... please tell me you're joking T_T

Not joking at all, the most we can do is make as much noise as possible on the forums, and hope for the best
    saladsenpaii
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2018
    July wrote: »
    no world merge... but they making new world ><"

it's an event hard mode server, that's different
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited May 2018
    First off I'll point out that I play in the MYBCKN allianced worlds - mainly on Bello as that's the world that one can transfer to during the world xfer events.

I had at one point played some on Scania before we had Reboot world or World Alliance mergers, at that time I found it hard to find training spots that were not only ideal but for specific drops. I did not like this, not only that, but a world that had such a much stronger populace still had significantly higher prices than Mardia or Chaos did at the time.

I for one don't mind the idea of say 2-3 worlds as this will lessen the burden for finding training spots. But the issue that the OP posted about includes "being alone 100% of the time" - social aspects of the game have been down and still keep tumbling down the slop. The game needs more social aspects to it - things that will bring people together and can be done ONLY in groups with all inside - none of that multiple ppl buff one dude and then leave the grounds crap that some pull with bosses.

Party questing was at one point a great thing - working for exp and at that point, decent non p2w equips, but they changed the level caps but did nothing to the gear. Not only that, but the exp for pq's is lack luster with the limited entries on some so there's no drive to do them at all for that reason, why go there when a person can go to a map by themselves and go at it alone? Sure they did the party quest exp bonus, but that still wasn't enough to drive groups to work together.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    Just don't remind anyone that we've been complaining about the dead worlds for 8+ months.
    XionicomadAcgnoliasaladsenpaii
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited May 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    You can see all of our thoughts from over 6 months ago here. Of course we're not allowed to continue that discussion directly...

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/16513/world-transfer-disaster-huge-screw-up-by-nexon

You necro'd a 5-month-old thread despite the fact that this thread you're currently commenting in was on the front page at the time of your comment.
    That means you very literally searched the forums either via the search bar, via Google, or literally browsing back dozens of pages to find the thread you commented in. When you had a perfectly valid, open thread in front of you.

Please don't derail the thread further, thank you.

At this point people are willing to do a lot of things to get a response. Even as a volunteer mod you can't think leaving these dead servers is healthy for the game.

I don't understand why they're so silent or why they refuse to do another transfer event. Heck just sell transfers on NX store and who knows how much they'll make.
    saladsenpaii
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    For all the people arguing about "oh i like dead worlds because i can find a map" they can simply just add channels.. Say they merged all regular worlds in NA and have like 100 channels...or merge all of them apart from say 1 and can give people an option to transfer to 1 full merged one or the lone 1
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    For all the people arguing about "oh i like dead worlds because i can find a map" they can simply just add channels.. Say they merged all regular worlds in NA and have like 100 channels...or merge all of them apart from say 1 and can give people an option to transfer to 1 full merged one or the lone 1

100 channels is your best solution? too many channels. wont be enough. and like I said, there's a difference between dead servers and stable servers. You cant just jump to the extremes of what people are saying to make a point.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited June 2018

100 channels is your best solution? too many channels. wont be enough. and like I said, there's a difference between dead servers and stable servers. You cant just jump to the extremes of what people are saying to make a point.

What is wrong with this though, It would be like runescape where people can drop channel to channel freely
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    edited June 2018
    Just don't remind anyone that we've been complaining about the dead worlds for 8+ months.

keep complaining and make sure topics like this stay on the front page
  • DSpellGuyDSpellGuy
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited June 2018

well then how about we reverse your ideals here and say those who feel that they need all the worlds, except Reboot, merged into one - just go to either Bera [which is claimed to be the highest populated non-reboot] or just go to Reboot?

Sure, doesn't mean the other side can't do the same though [points to my own comment above]
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited June 2018
    Alantino wrote: »
    Xionicomad wrote: »
    There is no excuse for this at all. Scania was ALWAYS the top server in terms of population (before ReBoot) and now it's one of the dead servers.

If KMS can do a server merge then so can you guys NA Nexon. Honestly I think it's unfair to those who were on a hiatus during your transfer event. When I came back Scania was a desert with BARELY anyone around.

A response about this would be great. At this point the community should at least get acknowledgement about this.

You just took the words right out of my mouth.

I am 1 of those lonely wolfs in Scania by the way :(
    But recently I started to log on less and less because honestly.... no one is around anymore...

Looks like you might stop logging on all together, talked to someone from support (out of desperation) , and there is no plans this year to have a world transfer event or world merge.

Omg.... please tell me you're joking T_T

Not joking at all, the most we can do is make as much noise as possible on the forums, and hope for the best

My gosh... I truly feels like I wanna quit... :/

As someone from Scania, this is just....unbearable!

Wrong.
    People has been screaming and crying about it for over 2 years....

keep complaining and make sure topics like this stay on the front page

Yes, you're right and we're all with you!
    Let's NOT give up! we all know and understand the fact that 97% of maplers WANTS to Merge ALL the worlds into 1 WORLD!

Nexon, Merge all the worlds (without Reboot) to Bera!

Nice picture of Zakum by the way!
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited June 2018

Forget about them brother, it's maybe 2% of the population, and I'm talking about those who says they wanna stay in a dead server, I mean come on, let's face it.

It's time to put the truth on the table! at least 97% (max 95%) of maplers want a world with as MANY people as possible! why? because the more people we have, the more fun it is, the better our economy get! everything is changing for the better!

We want Nexon to merge ALL the worlds (without Reboot) into Bera! right here, right now! as quick as possible! we will not wait 3 more years.

What is wrong with this though, It would be like runescape where people can drop channel to channel freely

Merge ALL the worlds into Bera (without Reboot) so we'd have 2 worlds.

Bera and Reboot.

I'm in Scania, it's 100% death, I've been searching for people all over the game, all I find are hackers, and that's also barely....
This discussion has been closed.