[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Do you think the community has gone up or down?

RexxusRexxus
Reactions: 735
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Hey wooders, Rexx here. Just wondering on from my last post;

How do you feel the community has gone during your time of playing maplestory? Has the community gone better or worse?

(This doesn't need to be about old school vs now. Nothing to do with grinding or PQ'ing)
MeruappuKaiser4Evercheezburger85Mercedes4Ever31
  1. How is the community now in GMS?29 votes
    1. Better
       7% (2 votes)
    2. Worse
       93% (27 votes)

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    I say worse because of the social trends in language and humor. I would say memes ruined the way people communicate now and also there's just something off about how and what people say to each other in game and smegas. Quality in substance has gone down dramatically.
    Rexxus
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited June 2018
    To the above: meme's are awsome, 2nd most love a good roast, 3rd censorship has failed in a big way starting with my generation as cartoon violence is considered G good for all ages now, as i let my 3 and 6 year old daughters watch teen cartoon shows including ultra violent anime with me and they love it not to mention a good marvel movie avengers infinity war heck yeah!

All these overly sensitive types (who when raised were overly sheltered and have been blocked from seeing life's true face, the world is not a safe place, life is chaos) come around and complain trying to ruin everyone else's fun, in fact it is these overly sensitive whiners that are becoming offensive to the general population, and are oddly enough the most vocal in the communities including the forum, they tend to cause companies to have an incorrect idea of what the majority of the game population actually enjoy and lose touch with the majority of their players and then things go down hill from there. Unfortunately you can't please everyone, if you were to remove all cartoon violence in a game like maplestory, the majority of the teen/adult crowd would be gone.

Just as the governments are now using safety as a weapon against people's freedoms, so too are these overly sensitive whiners a threat to our enjoyment as violence goes way back probably before the roman arena era. Violence=entertainment as long as you are not the victim... history has proven so.

in closing if you smega and people in jest burn u on what you post learn from it and post something witty in return. trust me it is all just a game, life is a stern teacher but if you are observant and watch everything around the good and the bad, you can make better decision to lead a much better life, so flip the tables on em bud!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    Terror, you misunderstand my point, half if not most the time I cannot understand what the hell people say to each other because of the way people from all sides have twisted language or created phrases or words, or even use memes to just communicate. Which adds to my point, a comprehension barrier as well. I don't take part in getting offended by people's actions or words nor do I feel the need to "have something witty to say". I'm commenting on the de-evolution of communication.
    Raskler
  • RexxusRexxus
    edited June 2018
    I don't like being roasted personally. But people don't seem to accept that and still just randomly attack me. I just miss people actually talking
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited June 2018
    The community has suffered because party play is not supported as it was in the past. If you take others with you bossing you will receive less money/exp. If you train with others the exp is also bad. There is no incentive to play with others in the community. It is sad, but as the power divide between the remaining players (funded vs unfunded) becomes even wider the game will continue to suffer player loss. Events in the game stopped being good after the ninth anniversary, only giving temporary stat medals and titles. Bring back the Sword Art Online event! The medal from that was great! Give us better things to work for that are actually obtainable via game play that don't expire!!!
    SlicedTimescholar624TimeLostInvulgoRexxus
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    edited June 2018
    Down because they refuse to do another world transfer event or sell NX transfer on the store.

If they want the game to die then they're doing an amazing job.

DO ANOTHER EVENT SO THE GAME DOESN'T DIE! LET US TRANSFER OFF OF OUR DEAD SERVERS!
    Acgnolia
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited June 2018
    I miss when helping others was fun as well as going through party quests earning good stuff. Now its just cube this, cube that, pay real money for more cubes, you need this much attack to join in a party, pay more money for better stuff, solo bossing to prove no point, etc. It's hard to find anymore motivation to this game unless they bring someone awesome to catch the mapler's attention. I don't know if they will have that touch again, but i just hope its not too late or something.
    Rexxus
  • BiohazardBiohazard
    Reactions: 760
    edited June 2018
    There's a community in this game still? Thought it was all trash talk.
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    edited June 2018
    Definitely down from what I've seen since I returned ~a week ago. I barely see anyone anymore (except for the bots, but they've always been there).
  • HawaiiHawaii
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2018
    I think it good.
  • AcuteMapleSicknessAcuteMapleSickness
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2018
    I tended to believe it's getting only a slightly better after the introduction of the Reboot world. For people who still in those non-reboot worlds, I can sense that they play it with a purpose... and it seems to me that those people become the 'majority' and it's just a waste of time to make any further comments.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited June 2018
    Terror, you misunderstand my point, half if not most the time I cannot understand what the hell people say to each other because of the way people from all sides have twisted language or created phrases or words, or even use memes to just communicate. Which adds to my point, a comprehension barrier as well. I don't take part in getting offended by people's actions or words nor do I feel the need to "have something witty to say". I'm commenting on the de-evolution of communication.

I say because there was not enough new players that came to play Maplestory.

2. because Nexon doesn't listen to their people, not even once.

3. because Nexon (unlike KMS who actually merged a LOT of worlds in their game KMS) hate to merge worlds and hate to make this game BETTER!

Merge worlds now!
    ruth02
  • RexxusRexxus
    edited June 2018
    Not just that but even the people who stand around doing nothing apart from AFK 7 days a week are bugging me. The fact that no one go's "yo, how u doing, that ur main? u good?". Like, honestly people should just be asking how everyone is and that's down to us as people. Not Nexon. Nexon doesn't tell me to say hi to someone if I like their chars. Yes they f'd up so badly that I get bored after 25 minutes of grinding to level 36
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited June 2018
    Rexxus wrote: »
    Not just that but even the people who stand around doing nothing apart from AFK 7 days a week are bugging me. The fact that no one go's "yo, how u doing, that ur main? u good?". Like, honestly people should just be asking how everyone is and that's down to us as people. Not Nexon. Nexon doesn't tell me to say hi to someone if I like their chars. Yes they f'd up so badly that I get bored after 25 minutes of grinding to level 36

omg! I voted "Better" by mistake! how can I change it? T_T

This game has changed a lot and became even worse now!
    I can't even find people here in Scania! I feel so lonely T.T
    Please merge all the worlds to Bera! (without Reboot)
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited June 2018
    If I wasn't in a really great guild, I'd totally say down, especially in the dead servers, due to a lack of people playing.
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2018
    strange and remember the old maplestory and wizet .... later of the 9 anniversary the play practically is dead . money and money for buy cubes, nx, cupons,hairstyles pff all is money now ... and other things more . no comments to today.. wait w nexon change this soon .....
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    If I wasn't in a really great guild, I'd totally say down, especially in the dead servers, due to a lack of people playing.

As everoyne say, let the merge begin!
    ruth02 wrote: »
    strange and remember the old maplestory and wizet .... later of the 9 anniversary the play practically is dead . money and money for buy cubes, nx, cupons,hairstyles pff all is money now ... and other things more . no comments to today.. wait w nexon change this soon .....

Exactly, but the thing is, if we want the game to be more fun, with more people who actually move around a little bit and talk, than we must merge all the worlds (except Reboot) into Bera, if we do that, everything will be sooo much better, we'll even be able to finally change the name of Bera to Heaven, why? because Bera will be as heaven, a LOT of people, much more fun, economy will get much much better, more more people around, more fun ! LET the MERGE begin!
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited June 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »

Actually, if you think about it, the fact that you are in a really great guild, makes you feel as if you are in a very active world, because it change your entire vibe when you play the game, it's basically put you in a different reality.

But if you only try and dare to be without a guild you will see how lonely you're going to feel and how the game is doing so bad when it comes to population and economy.

In other words, you will be in the reality!

But since you're in a guild, it literally bring you to a different reality, which is not a reality but a fake reality, because once that guild of yours is death, you'll be back to the real reality, which is when you see how dead is your server and that would be the moment when your eyes has opened.

So the answer is "yes, my server is completely dead, lucky me I have a big and great guild".

Also, as a scaniar player, this is a ghost town, I wish Nexon would finally merge worlds, but I doubt they actually care so.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited June 2018
    Worse.... I can't even find people these days.... :(
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited June 2018
    ruth02 wrote: »

Yeah, today if your range isn't 10mil, then you're a newb >.>
    But whatever ranges, I want communities!!