[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    edited June 2018
    BBQTime wrote: »
    WZrk wrote: »
    I'd still appreciate being in a world with a lower population, just not as low as it is now (in GRAZED, at least). I, for one, decided not to move during that last transfer because I didn't want to deal with a bunch of people...so if they merge servers, I hope they don't merge them all into Bera like some people here are suggesting.

Also I'm seeing a bunch of numbers and percents being thrown around. Is there a concrete source for these or are people just pulling them out of the air.
    no actual source. They're made up. They didnt take into account the multiple accounts people make. And only partial stats can be gathered from steam users.

I got a feeling that the one who liked that post of yours is your own account.... it only has 3 posts so far....
    AKradian wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Maybe if we get this thread to be as long as the flames one they'll do something. ha haaaaa

That was 11 pages of thinking and wishing and 3 pages wondering what June 20 would be like and how we are preparing the huge change.

I am not a fan of a populated server and quiet town scenario but the idea of having a single server with more channels. I took a look at Bera's Auction House and it had a lot of desirables (that is where all the whales migrated) and Henesys was filled with players and I felt somewhat happy, but moving there will make it hard to find empty training areas for those private moments. Having the servers merged with extra channels will combine the lively Auction House and the ability so meet with friends without arranging cross server playdates. The extra channels would make popular maps like Slurpy and CLP more available similar to those of underpopulated worlds (but will require a lot more channels.)

The only real thing this change would not fix are rankings for Dojo, Dream Defendor, etc. since you have more competition even if there were 100+ channels.

Multiple channels won't fix smega spam, drama, and similar social issues of an overcrowded server.

I don't understand why people insist on cramming everyone into one big server, even those who don't want to be there.
    What do you gain from having miserable people in your world, who would be much happier in an "empty" world?
    (The BigCity/SmallTown scenario doesn't preclude additional channels for the BigCity)

The extra channels allows users to escape regular crowded maps such as Henesys conversations overlapping or congesting hunting grounds, but it won't protect them from broadcasted smegas. Servers like GRAZED have auctions houses with only a few items. I can never find any of those Premium Attack Accessory Scrolls in GRAZED's auction house or find any perfected Fafnirs in GRAZED's empty market. Fever Time probably floods the Bera AH with traced Fafnirs and Spell Traces while the ones in the dead servers barely budge. Auction House with more items to buy is one of perks of having a larger population. Being in a small server with little or no market activity is like playing without trading, similar to Reboot or Pink Bean.

I've been stuck with a pair of 30% INT Earrings and I've been hoping to find someone who has LUK% and is willing to trade. In a more crowded server, you are more likely to find someone who might trade with you.

I understand that you don't want to be in a small server, and I fully support your wish to transfer to Bera or whatever "Big City" server.
    But you haven't explained why you don't want me, or the others in this thread who prefer low-population servers, to be able to stay in, or transfer to, an "empty" world.

Merge everything into Bera (except Reboot, and 1 more empty world)
    And those who wanna stay in that empty dead world, let them be.
    But you can not lock all those people (the majority of maple) in an empty dead worlds.... it's actually ignoring the majority and listening to like what? just a few people? how many people there actually want to be in a dead world?? 4? 5? 10? just how many....? ~.~

Not to get too far off topic, but if you want people to take you seriously in the future, don't stoop to baseless claims like that in the middle of a discussion. I've been playing this game since 2012 and I was active on the old forums, not the "new" version. I've only lurked here so far. Bringing up irrelevant arguments makes it seem like you have little to contribute otherwise.

On topic: Again with the hyperbolic numbers. That does nothing to enhance your argument; there are more than 10 people playing in these servers, just looking at 2 of the alliances I'm in. Regardless of how many people are in the majority or minority, there are people who oppose your idea. It wouldn't be smart to ignore the "minority's" wishes over the whims of some people in a forum thread. And I don't think anybody here is trying to "lock" people into unpopulated servers; I don't know where you're getting that idea from.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    Maybe if we get this thread to be as long as the flames one they'll do something. ha haaaaa

That was 11 pages of thinking and wishing and 3 pages wondering what June 20 would be like and how we are preparing the huge change.

I am not a fan of a populated server and quiet town scenario but the idea of having a single server with more channels. I took a look at Bera's Auction House and it had a lot of desirables (that is where all the whales migrated) and Henesys was filled with players and I felt somewhat happy, but moving there will make it hard to find empty training areas for those private moments. Having the servers merged with extra channels will combine the lively Auction House and the ability so meet with friends without arranging cross server playdates. The extra channels would make popular maps like Slurpy and CLP more available similar to those of underpopulated worlds (but will require a lot more channels.)

The only real thing this change would not fix are rankings for Dojo, Dream Defendor, etc. since you have more competition even if there were 100+ channels.

Multiple channels won't fix smega spam, drama, and similar social issues of an overcrowded server.

I don't understand why people insist on cramming everyone into one big server, even those who don't want to be there.
    What do you gain from having miserable people in your world, who would be much happier in an "empty" world?
    (The BigCity/SmallTown scenario doesn't preclude additional channels for the BigCity)

The extra channels allows users to escape regular crowded maps such as Henesys conversations overlapping or congesting hunting grounds, but it won't protect them from broadcasted smegas. Servers like GRAZED have auctions houses with only a few items. I can never find any of those Premium Attack Accessory Scrolls in GRAZED's auction house or find any perfected Fafnirs in GRAZED's empty market. Fever Time probably floods the Bera AH with traced Fafnirs and Spell Traces while the ones in the dead servers barely budge. Auction House with more items to buy is one of perks of having a larger population. Being in a small server with little or no market activity is like playing without trading, similar to Reboot or Pink Bean.

I've been stuck with a pair of 30% INT Earrings and I've been hoping to find someone who has LUK% and is willing to trade. In a more crowded server, you are more likely to find someone who might trade with you.

I understand that you don't want to be in a small server, and I fully support your wish to transfer to Bera or whatever "Big City" server.
    But you haven't explained why you don't want me, or the others in this thread who prefer low-population servers, to be able to stay in, or transfer to, an "empty" world.

The cost of moving to a populated server requires restarting your Monster Collection (601 took forever.) Another major loss for living in Bera is more of a mistake that Nexon made it possible to do 6x your characters for attendance because both GRAZED and MYBCKN are alliances and attendance can be done once per world. The reward shop limits are separate per world so your "true" of cubes per month is 30 opposed to 5 a month in non-allianced servers and same applies to cash scrolls (useful if you know how to transfer between characters in different worlds of same alliance and as long the item can be transferred.)

The main reason I chose to stay behind is so I still have access to mules for attendance, RP, or simply storage and so I wouldn't have to repeat the daunting task of redoing Monster Collection. If Monster Collection data were transferable, it would be convince those who made a lot of progress in the old world to move without fear of rebuilding.

The way they merge populations can have an effect while simply allying the servers would preserve character slots and monster collections (allied servers share monster collection.) A merge would require characters surpassing the world limit (characters you needed to make in a different world of the same alliance) to be deleted to fit within the world character slot limit. Even though this would look tacky, but all the servers allianced is better than a merge since it preserves the perks of having characters for storage, RP, attendance and not having to redo Monster Collection. A merge could be done, but it requires changes to preserve as much of the perks mentioned before. Whether it is a merge or unified alliance, we want to be able to meet and socialize, do content and marketing without putting up with sacrifices. Extra channels in this "megaserver" would allow people to have their own space and still regroup with their friends.
    chaoscauserTachikawaHiyoko
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited June 2018
    The problem is that a lot of players have seemed to drop the game, and many who were left seemed to all kind of move to Bera. The game has a high population of bots, hackers, and spammers and the lack of anything being done about it deters a lot of players.
    Alantino
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    prices are determined by availability and demand, low availability with high demand will yield high prices. High availability with no demand brings low prices. only rare items will remain fixed, or when certain classes are hyped, like pirate stuff is going up since ark is being released. The prices match the population as the players set the prices. The economy can't be fixed too easily, it was the first thing destroyed when hackers infested the game during it's introduction.
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited June 2018
    Another thread on dead servers. Nexon gotta respond soon
    Alantino
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2018
    Honestly it should be all non-Bera and Reboot Worlds mixed into one server so we have Scania/GRAZED/MYBKN/Windia in 1 world, increase channels to 30-40 and then have Bera and Reboot
  • EmongAdarnaEmongAdarna
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2018
    i found 2 ppl today for playing 6 hrs in broa, 1 dude afk at ardent and 1 demon spamming something about a website . . . yea we need a merge
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    For all the people arguing about "oh i like dead worlds because i can find a map" they can simply just add channels.. Say they merged all regular worlds in NA and have like 100 channels...or merge all of them apart from say 1 and can give people an option to transfer to 1 full merged one or the lone 1

100 channels is your best solution? too many channels. wont be enough. and like I said, there's a difference between dead servers and stable servers. You cant just jump to the extremes of what people are saying to make a point.

KMS has more channels than we currently have and it doesn't make it less stable..
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited June 2018
    I'd still appreciate being in a world with a lower population, just not as low as it is now (in GRAZED, at least). I, for one, decided not to move during that last transfer because I didn't want to deal with a bunch of people...so if they merge servers, I hope they don't merge them all into Bera like some people here are suggesting.

Also I'm seeing a bunch of numbers and percents being thrown around. Is there a concrete source for these or are people just pulling them out of the air.
    no actual source. They're made up. They didnt take into account the multiple accounts people make. And only partial stats can be gathered from steam users.

I got a feeling that the one who liked that post of yours is your own account.... it only has 3 posts so far....

But you can not lock all those people (the majority of maple) in an empty dead worlds.... it's actually ignoring the majority and listening to like what? just a few people? how many people there actually want to be in a dead world?? 4? 5? 10? just how many....? ~.~

Not to get too far off topic, but if you want people to take you seriously in the future, don't stoop to baseless claims like that in the middle of a discussion. I've been playing this game since 2012 and I was active on the old forums, not the "new" version. I've only lurked here so far. Bringing up irrelevant arguments makes it seem like you have little to contribute otherwise.

On topic: Again with the hyperbolic numbers. That does nothing to enhance your argument; there are more than 10 people playing in these servers, just looking at 2 of the alliances I'm in. Regardless of how many people are in the majority or minority, there are people who oppose your idea. It wouldn't be smart to ignore the "minority's" wishes over the whims of some people in a forum thread. And I don't think anybody here is trying to "lock" people into unpopulated servers; I don't know where you're getting that idea from.

I see.
    So your other account is DarkPassenger? that's really sad.
    Also you're the one who started with him first.
    Now do me a little favorite and LET the merge begin.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    edited June 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    The problem is that a lot of players have seemed to drop the game, and many who were left seemed to all kind of move to Bera. The game has a high population of bots, hackers, and spammers and the lack of anything being done about it deters a lot of players.

You just keep on taking the words right out of my mouth! xD
    What's the deal? How can we fix this and lower the inflation of item prices and revive these servers with bountiful resources and maplers? Everyone is currently in bera, reboot and partially scania.

Is there any GM that can explain what's going on please?

It is exactly as Yoongi said, she literally took the words right outta my mouth.
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Another thread on dead servers. Nexon gotta respond soon

I'm sorry but you are absolutely wrong.... they must respond NOW! (I'd say they must merge now but I know it won't happen so a respond is better than nothing).
    edited June 2018
    For all the people arguing about "oh i like dead worlds because i can find a map" they can simply just add channels.. Say they merged all regular worlds in NA and have like 100 channels...or merge all of them apart from say 1 and can give people an option to transfer to 1 full merged one or the lone 1

100 channels is your best solution? too many channels. wont be enough. and like I said, there's a difference between dead servers and stable servers. You cant just jump to the extremes of what people are saying to make a point.

KMS has more channels than we currently have and it doesn't make it less stable..

the two arent related, Im saying no one wants a dead server, we want a stable server, and one world wont be stable.
    edited June 2018
    I see.

Im flagging this as harrassment, in no way did he or I agree we were the same accounts/person, so Im assuming you guys are troublemakers.

• SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited June 2018
    Honestly it should be all non-Bera and Reboot Worlds mixed into one server so we have Scania/GRAZED/MYBKN/Windia in 1 world, increase channels to 30-40 and then have Bera and Reboot

Wrong.
    Scania/GRAZED/MYBKN/Windia, believe it or not but it won't be enough, the majority in all these servers are hackers and botters, that's why we must merge Scania/GRAZED/MYBKN/Windia into Bera.

As many people has mentioned, the best and only solution is to merge all the worlds (except Reboot) into Bera.

I'm sorry but we have no choice, this is the only solution!
    i found 2 ppl today for playing 6 hrs in broa, 1 dude afk at ardent and 1 demon spamming something about a website . . . yea we need a merge

I'm in Scania (and scania supposed to be more active and alive than Broa) and believe me, I can't find people at least.... maybe just 1 person who afk 24/7, but that's it....
    Oh right, and a few more bottres who spam in henesys 24/7 :)

Of course you're right.
    And that's why KMS is 1 of the MOST popular games in South Korea, because the company actually LISTEN to their people..... they are not ignoring them.... they're not doing whatever they just want or feel like, they are actually listen, listen and listen to their people BUT not only listening but also DOING the things that the majority of their players wants.....
    This is how KMS is able to make so much money every year!

Rich companies are the one who listen to their customers, why? becaues without us, there is no company.

I don't know about you but I already quit buying Nx Codes for 2-3 years now and I will not buy any until I will start seeing people and a LOT, in an active BIG world (merge everything into Bera [except Reboot]).

And as others has mentioned already.....
    LET the merge begin!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Football5 wrote: »
    I see.

Obviously.
    Because the only person who disagrees with the idea of one congested world is DarkPassenger.
    Meanwhile, all those new accounts who joined the forums in the past few days for the sole purpose of posting "maple is empty", are completely independent real people who have nothing to do with you or the other people I've warned to stop spamming this thread...

Stay civil. Don't attack people, discuss ideas.

On topic: I agree that making numbers up out of thin air does not make you sound convincing at all.

• AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    edited June 2018
    did the other thread get combined with this one, I feel something is off with the order these post appear in
  • ElderRalhElderRalh
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2018
    This is nonsense... merging should be stupid obvious but one world is just as wrong as the situation we are in now. Why not just copy exactly what was done successfully in other versions? Cut down to 4-5ish servers. Give everyone the option to pick whatever type they want to go to... High Pop, Low Pop, or Test, increase the max chars slot to accommodate your "Whales" that made tons of high dollar chars in multiple servers. All the old hardware then just gets turned into more channels and redundancy for wherever is needed to improve stability...why this is still an issue in 2018 is beyond me when computers from 2003 were able to handle it. My smartphone is powerful enough to run a small server for this genre of games lol

~Edit for AKradian maybe all these "new members" are like me and just logged into the game now that its summer and actually have some time...and found out that everyone in their world is just flippen gone...My bowmaster on my account is over 10 years old but the "forum" thinks im from one week ago, maybe they should put the age of the account not just when people decided to come tell you that we have a problem
  • WZrkWZrk
    edited June 2018
    Football5 wrote: »

I see.

If you want to believe that then fine. I have no reason to change your mind if you want to think that people opposing your argument are using multiple accounts to get fake support. At this point it's completely irrelevant and just plain baiting, so I'm going to drop it. Also your "just merge" argument doesn't bring anything to discuss. It's just a statement which isn't going to persuade your opponents to join your side.

On topic: 100 channels...I can't really see it working unless that somehow cuts down on the server latency (among other, probably more important, things). And honestly, I don't see that getting reduced because of extra channels.

Edit: off-topic again, this spoiler system is going to take some getting used to.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited June 2018
    World merge has been a request since the previous world leap event and it's been a topic of ongoing discussion.
    As mentioned by AKradian earlier in this thread:
    Nexon is well aware of the problem of server populations, and is also aware of all the solutions suggested by members of the community.
    The decision and the implementation are not easy, so it is taking time.

Trust me when I say that this has been a hot pressing topic for the team and that once we have some solid news to share, we'll be sure to share it with you all.
    Argent
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I don't want a merge. My few points on the matter: (1) you lose ranks, (2) item values fluctuate (e.g. Outlaw Hearts nearly doubled in value post-bera transfer), (3) you can lose your guild name, (4) more lag/stability issues due to higher player volume, (5) less training map availability for popular spots (especially during 2x), (6) not everyone wants a higher populated server.

I would like to bring back a world transfer and let players choose what server they want. That way if they want higher population, they can go to Bera or Scania, etc. and if they want less they can go to GRAZED, MYBCKN, etc... Overall player population will hit a high peak once June 20 rolls by due to the major update Ark; therefore, I don't see a need to combine servers.
    TachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 735
    edited June 2018
    Safe to say the decline in MapleStory is mainly due to the fact that a good percent of the player base has grown up and had to move on to adult things thus the lack of players in the game.
    There are many other things that are causing the decline as well, I'm sure it has to do with the lack of stuff to do, limited to doing most bosses once a week or once a day, lack of in-game content that allows you to do more then train and boss.

MapleStory 2 Closed Beta was interesting how their were mini-games like X & O and Soul Survivor I think it was called?
    The only downfall about MapleStory2 that looks like will happen is how easy it is to level up just doing quests only thing left to do after that is craft stuff or make your gear better and that's just a short amount of stuff I mention because I don't feel like ranting anymore in this post wanna do do something else so that's where I end this for now.
    DSpellGuy
This discussion has been closed.