[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.

    Let's face it, the best solution is 3 worlds in total, for example, Bera (alive world, a lot of people), Khaini (desolate world, very very low population) and Reboot.....
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.

    Don't you get it? the majority in Bera are just botters.... I was in Henesys today and all I see are afkers everywhere (not that many as well), 10 botters in Henesys, but if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... HOW?! that doesn't make any sense...
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.

    Disagree.
    Nothing will be changed to be honest.... people are judging by the bars (they see the channels at every world), but that's completey wrong, why? because the majority (in bera for example) are botters, if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... how is that makes any sense? can you please explain this to me?
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Probably the worst idea I've read so far for today.
    5 Normal worlds? won't see nor feel any change at all...
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.

    Exactly, that's why we must merge them as well into Bera.
    NicholasB
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Football5 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.

    Let's face it, the best solution is 3 worlds in total, for example, Bera (alive world, a lot of people), Khaini (desolate world, very very low population) and Reboot.....
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.

    Don't you get it? the majority in Bera are just botters.... I was in Henesys today and all I see are afkers everywhere (not that many as well), 10 botters in Henesys, but if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... HOW?! that doesn't make any sense...
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.

    Disagree.
    Nothing will be changed to be honest.... people are judging by the bars (they see the channels at every world), but that's completey wrong, why? because the majority (in bera for example) are botters, if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... how is that makes any sense? can you please explain this to me?
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Probably the worst idea I've read so far for today.
    5 Normal worlds? won't see nor feel any change at all...
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.

    Exactly, that's why we must merge them as well into Bera.

    It was suggested before have to have one big world with 100 channels, OSRS has 50k people at any given time, and im sure thats more than this game, So i see it working

    actually osrs has 90 worlds not 100
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.

    Let's face it, the best solution is 3 worlds in total, for example, Bera (alive world, a lot of people), Khaini (desolate world, very very low population) and Reboot.....
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.

    Don't you get it? the majority in Bera are just botters.... I was in Henesys today and all I see are afkers everywhere (not that many as well), 10 botters in Henesys, but if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... HOW?! that doesn't make any sense...
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.

    Disagree.
    Nothing will be changed to be honest.... people are judging by the bars (they see the channels at every world), but that's completey wrong, why? because the majority (in bera for example) are botters, if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... how is that makes any sense? can you please explain this to me?
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Probably the worst idea I've read so far for today.
    5 Normal worlds? won't see nor feel any change at all...
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.

    Exactly, that's why we must merge them as well into Bera.

    It was suggested before have to have one big world with 100 channels, OSRS has 50k people at any given time, and im sure thats more than this game, So i see it working

    actually osrs has 90 worlds not 100

    OSRS has around 60k-80k players.
    And about their amount of channels, yes I think it says everything about GMS channels....
    We barely have like what? 1k-1.5k players in Bera? (including botters which are the majority)
    And yet I've been crashing over and over when I train or boss (actually I'm just boss now since it's impossible to train because botters now has full control over all most of the maps and channels in Bera).
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.

    Let's face it, the best solution is 3 worlds in total, for example, Bera (alive world, a lot of people), Khaini (desolate world, very very low population) and Reboot.....
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.

    Don't you get it? the majority in Bera are just botters.... I was in Henesys today and all I see are afkers everywhere (not that many as well), 10 botters in Henesys, but if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... HOW?! that doesn't make any sense...
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.

    Disagree.
    Nothing will be changed to be honest.... people are judging by the bars (they see the channels at every world), but that's completey wrong, why? because the majority (in bera for example) are botters, if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... how is that makes any sense? can you please explain this to me?
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Probably the worst idea I've read so far for today.
    5 Normal worlds? won't see nor feel any change at all...
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.

    Exactly, that's why we must merge them as well into Bera.

    It was suggested before have to have one big world with 100 channels, OSRS has 50k people at any given time, and im sure thats more than this game, So i see it working

    actually osrs has 90 worlds not 100

    OSRS has around 60k-80k players.
    And about their amount of channels, yes I think it says everything about GMS channels....
    We barely have like what? 1k-1.5k players in Bera? (including botters which are the majority)
    And yet I've been crashing over and over when I train or boss (actually I'm just boss now since it's impossible to train because botters now has full control over all most of the maps and channels in Bera).

    Kind of depressing that runescape's old version of the game is doing better than Maple's only version
    NicholasB
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.

    Let's face it, the best solution is 3 worlds in total, for example, Bera (alive world, a lot of people), Khaini (desolate world, very very low population) and Reboot.....
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.

    Don't you get it? the majority in Bera are just botters.... I was in Henesys today and all I see are afkers everywhere (not that many as well), 10 botters in Henesys, but if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... HOW?! that doesn't make any sense...
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.

    Disagree.
    Nothing will be changed to be honest.... people are judging by the bars (they see the channels at every world), but that's completey wrong, why? because the majority (in bera for example) are botters, if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... how is that makes any sense? can you please explain this to me?
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Probably the worst idea I've read so far for today.
    5 Normal worlds? won't see nor feel any change at all...
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.

    Exactly, that's why we must merge them as well into Bera.

    It was suggested before have to have one big world with 100 channels, OSRS has 50k people at any given time, and im sure thats more than this game, So i see it working

    actually osrs has 90 worlds not 100

    OSRS has around 60k-80k players.
    And about their amount of channels, yes I think it says everything about GMS channels....
    We barely have like what? 1k-1.5k players in Bera? (including botters which are the majority)
    And yet I've been crashing over and over when I train or boss (actually I'm just boss now since it's impossible to train because botters now has full control over all most of the maps and channels in Bera).

    Kind of depressing that runescape's old version of the game is doing better than Maple's only version

    Of course, when you don't care at all about the players, when you never listen to the players, when you do exactly the opposite of what the players really wants, then this is the results, also it's funny to see how ppl are thinking that if there are (for example) 1k hackers, then it means there are 1k ppl who use hacks, that's totally wrong.
    Because if there are (for example) 1k hackers, then it means there are 50 hackers or so and each 1 of them just open 10-20 maples (so 10-20 accounts/chars which using hacks).
    Really sad, just show how dead Bera is.... and yet they say No to merge.... that's really really sad... I used to love this game... RIP I guess....


    (I hope I won't get banned for saying these stuff, as you know, there is a little bit of dictatorship in here).
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.

    Let's face it, the best solution is 3 worlds in total, for example, Bera (alive world, a lot of people), Khaini (desolate world, very very low population) and Reboot.....
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.

    Don't you get it? the majority in Bera are just botters.... I was in Henesys today and all I see are afkers everywhere (not that many as well), 10 botters in Henesys, but if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... HOW?! that doesn't make any sense...
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.

    Disagree.
    Nothing will be changed to be honest.... people are judging by the bars (they see the channels at every world), but that's completey wrong, why? because the majority (in bera for example) are botters, if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... how is that makes any sense? can you please explain this to me?
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Probably the worst idea I've read so far for today.
    5 Normal worlds? won't see nor feel any change at all...
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.

    Exactly, that's why we must merge them as well into Bera.

    It was suggested before have to have one big world with 100 channels, OSRS has 50k people at any given time, and im sure thats more than this game, So i see it working

    actually osrs has 90 worlds not 100

    OSRS has around 60k-80k players.
    And about their amount of channels, yes I think it says everything about GMS channels....
    We barely have like what? 1k-1.5k players in Bera? (including botters which are the majority)
    And yet I've been crashing over and over when I train or boss (actually I'm just boss now since it's impossible to train because botters now has full control over all most of the maps and channels in Bera).

    Kind of depressing that runescape's old version of the game is doing better than Maple's only version

    Of course, when you don't care at all about the players, when you never listen to the players, when you do exactly the opposite of what the players really wants, then this is the results, also it's funny to see how ppl are thinking that if there are (for example) 1k hackers, then it means there are 1k ppl who use hacks, that's totally wrong.
    Because if there are (for example) 1k hackers, then it means there are 50 hackers or so and each 1 of them just open 10-20 maples (so 10-20 accounts/chars which using hacks).
    Really sad, just show how dead Bera is.... and yet they say No to merge.... that's really really sad... I used to love this game... RIP I guess....


    (I hope I won't get banned for saying these stuff, as you know, there is a little bit of dictatorship in here).

    reject the null hypothesis, not enough evidence to support the claim that there's a dictatorship here.
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    Posts: 48
    Member
    edited June 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    NicholasB wrote: »
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    Football5 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    I'll say this again, the majority of players already made their decision, they wanted to be in a densely populated server, which is why they moved to Bera, those of you asking for a merge represent a small sample size of the population of players. You guys aren't the majority, you guys simply missed the event. So enough with majority and talks about those that want dead servers or a merge, because once again, the majority of players are already in a High Populated world. Those that wanted a larger community went to either reboot or bera.

    Those of us that didn't participate (willingly) are those that stayed in the world we were in. And then there's the group that missed the event for either having taken a break (personal choice) or something else.

    That's not entirely true.
    There are people who wanted to move to a bigger world, but didn't want to pay the price (losing marriage/buddies/guild/alliance, storage, cash items, monster collection, legion, etc). They want a merge so they can retain all these things and still gain a large population around them.

    I do agree that many people who stayed where they were, especially in worlds that have always been low-population (mostly those that make up MYBCKN and GRAZED), would likely choose to remain in a low-population world even if leaping incurred no loss. But you can't assume they all are like that.

    Which is why my suggestion is that, after Nexon allies the non-Reboot NA worlds into 2 or 3 world, people should be allowed to choose which of these worlds they wish to be in. Not have it imposed on them by where they were before.

    Let's face it, the best solution is 3 worlds in total, for example, Bera (alive world, a lot of people), Khaini (desolate world, very very low population) and Reboot.....
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    With how small bacon is now even 5x the population would still make it a low pop server.

    Legit the only reason we are advocating for a mass merge. All nexon has to do to dispel this idea is to show us some numbers. I already said it, I will be willing to admit im wrong on this suggestion when that happens.

    Don't you get it? the majority in Bera are just botters.... I was in Henesys today and all I see are afkers everywhere (not that many as well), 10 botters in Henesys, but if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... HOW?! that doesn't make any sense...
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    They did show us numbers (unintentionally?) With the attendance meter for ark.

    and for the record I don't agree with going all the way to merging every normal world together.

    Bacon+windia
    Scania + grazed + broni
    Bera
    Reboot

    Would be what I would like. Or some combination of 3 normal servers... maybe 4.

    Disagree.
    Nothing will be changed to be honest.... people are judging by the bars (they see the channels at every world), but that's completey wrong, why? because the majority (in bera for example) are botters, if you just go outside of henesys, you'll rarely run into legit players... and yet it still show that all the channels in bera are full.... how is that makes any sense? can you please explain this to me?
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Probably the worst idea I've read so far for today.
    5 Normal worlds? won't see nor feel any change at all...
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    The original 5 servers were Scania, Bera, Broa, Windia, and Khaini. Why cant that be an option instead of one big world


    Well Broa and Khaini are already combined.

    Exactly, that's why we must merge them as well into Bera.

    It was suggested before have to have one big world with 100 channels, OSRS has 50k people at any given time, and im sure thats more than this game, So i see it working

    actually osrs has 90 worlds not 100

    OSRS has around 60k-80k players.
    And about their amount of channels, yes I think it says everything about GMS channels....
    We barely have like what? 1k-1.5k players in Bera? (including botters which are the majority)
    And yet I've been crashing over and over when I train or boss (actually I'm just boss now since it's impossible to train because botters now has full control over all most of the maps and channels in Bera).

    Kind of depressing that runescape's old version of the game is doing better than Maple's only version

    Of course, when you don't care at all about the players, when you never listen to the players, when you do exactly the opposite of what the players really wants, then this is the results, also it's funny to see how ppl are thinking that if there are (for example) 1k hackers, then it means there are 1k ppl who use hacks, that's totally wrong.
    Because if there are (for example) 1k hackers, then it means there are 50 hackers or so and each 1 of them just open 10-20 maples (so 10-20 accounts/chars which using hacks).
    Really sad, just show how dead Bera is.... and yet they say No to merge.... that's really really sad... I used to love this game... RIP I guess....


    (I hope I won't get banned for saying these stuff, as you know, there is a little bit of dictatorship in here).

    reject the null hypothesis, not enough evidence to support the claim that there's a dictatorship here.

    Then why do we have that a category called "Rants And Raves"? do you really think it's really for "Rants and raves"? give me a break. no one is a fool.... people are just too scared to say and talk about the truth.
    The truth.... it doesn't matter how or how long those people are trying to hide it, soon or later it'll reveal itself in the most honest way....
    Nobody can hide the truth.
    It's the same with the amount of botters that we have here in GMS (especially Bera), soon or later every single mapler will see and know the truth with his own eyes.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Not to get side tracked from the topic of the merge but rant and rave section is for venting. Saying there's a dictatorship without any factual evidence to support the claim, or just anecdotal evidence would constitute the claim as venting, therefore it would be in the rant and rave section. In fact, saying there's a dictatorship here without supporting evidence, would in fact deter anyone that's new from voicing their opinions (that don't break forum rules).

    Keep in mind, we as users of the forum and the game itself are under contract via Terms of Service, once we agree, we have to adhere to the rules of the forum and game, the rules are simple.

    Simply saying "you cannot hide the truth" isn't enough, what is the truth, and how did you reach that conclusion? Is it a bias claim?
  • teemoooosteemoooos
    Reactions: 1,150
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited June 2018
    You have to be blind to know that a lot of the servers are empty so why not merge the servers?
    Pros:
    -Higher population
    -Less Servers, More stability (Using those resources on a fewer number of servers would really be nice)
    -Can add more channels
    -Doesn't feel like empty game
    -Better for new players
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    theres a 10+ page thread about a merge, don't create a new one
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited June 2018
    teemoooos wrote: »
    You have to be blind to know that a lot of the servers are empty so why not merge the servers?
    Pros:
    -Higher population
    -Less Servers, More stability (Using those resources on a fewer number of servers would really be nice)
    -Can add more channels
    -Doesn't feel like empty game
    -Better for new players

    I personally feel that some of those pros can count as cons for some people (myself included), because higher population and emptiness of the game aren't necessarily bad for everyone. I, for one, like the fact that I can train in peace without other people bugging me or stealing my map. :P But this is subjective. You may like to be in a crowded world/server and others may not like it and viceversa.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    Posts: 1,019
    Member
    edited June 2018
    teemoooos wrote: »
    You have to be blind to know that a lot of the servers are empty so why not merge the servers?
    Pros:
    -Higher population
    -Less Servers, More stability (Using those resources on a fewer number of servers would really be nice)
    -Can add more channels
    -Doesn't feel like empty game
    -Better for new players

    I personally feel that some of those pros can count as cons for some people (myself included), because higher population and emptiness of the game aren't necessarily bad for everyone. I, for one, like the fact that I can train in peace without other people bugging me or stealing my map. :P But this is subjective. You may like to be in a crowded world/server and others may not like it and viceversa.

    Wouldn't having more channels and essentially making more of everyone's favorite map as effective as have a smaller population? The congestion is good for when you want to do business and hang out. The idea of having many channels (and I mean a lot) allows for easy regrouping so you can switch from hanging out to training in peace(not that training is always a solo thing.) People work in the city (still not sure whether to say a group of businesses formed the city or the city attracts business) and most live in the suburbs or further away from the congestion.

    AKradian's idea is like choosing to live in the city or the suburbs. The city is busy and loud, but the country/suburbs are more peaceful. His idea is you live in one or the other with no way of commuting to or from each location so you choose to live in either one.

  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Posts: 6,342
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Wouldn't having more channels and essentially making more of everyone's favorite map as effective as have a smaller population?

    No.
    Having more channels won't stop your conversation with your friends from being interrupted by smegas.
    It won't really make resources like Mysterious Veins more available, because people farm them on all channels in parallel.
    It won't stop randoms from hijacking your party when you boss queue.
    It won't even necessarily help you find a map to train in, because the bots will multiply to fill up all available space. After all, they'll have a bigger market to supply to, so they'll need more meso and elite boss drops to sell. (But I'm sure the bot-runners would love not having to split their forces between different worlds)
    And, depending on how Nexon is able to set up their hardware, it might not help the lag, either.
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    Posts: 79
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    teemoooos wrote: »
    You have to be blind to know that a lot of the servers are empty so why not merge the servers?
    Pros:
    -Higher population
    -Less Servers, More stability (Using those resources on a fewer number of servers would really be nice)
    -Can add more channels
    -Doesn't feel like empty game
    -Better for new players

    I personally feel that some of those pros can count as cons for some people (myself included), because higher population and emptiness of the game aren't necessarily bad for everyone. I, for one, like the fact that I can train in peace without other people bugging me or stealing my map. :P But this is subjective. You may like to be in a crowded world/server and others may not like it and viceversa.

    Wouldn't having more channels and essentially making more of everyone's favorite map as effective as have a smaller population? The congestion is good for when you want to do business and hang out. The idea of having many channels (and I mean a lot) allows for easy regrouping so you can switch from hanging out to training in peace(not that training is always a solo thing.) People work in the city (still not sure whether to say a group of businesses formed the city or the city attracts business) and most live in the suburbs or further away from the congestion.

    AKradian's idea is like choosing to live in the city or the suburbs. The city is busy and loud, but the country/suburbs are more peaceful. His idea is you live in one or the other with no way of commuting to or from each location so you choose to live in either one.

    I find it useless to discuss about it with them, especially AKradian.

    You see, when someone has an interest about something (even though he's 100% wrong), it doesn't matter how many proofs you're going to tell him/her, it's just useless he will not accept the reality as it is....

    It's really the same as a lawyer in court, the lawyer will never say to the judge, "Mr. Judge, you convinced me, the person I'm defending is the criminal, put him in jail", why? because the lawyer is getting money from the criminal, so the lawyer will do his best in order to release the offender....

    This is the reason as to why I will not even bother to post/respond in this thread any longer (so don't bother to que me my brother, I will no longer look at this thread anymore), I really don't care anymore, merge worlds or not, I just don't care.

    And you know what I think? let's give up and let them do whatever they want, let them have it their way..... and we'll see how things will be in GMS.... would it be better? good? bad? or would it be the same?
    There are some people in the world that think they know everything, they think they're smart, with an IQ of 170, so let them have it their way...
    Yeah, let's see about that, so let them have it their way, let's NOT merge worlds :)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    A judge doesn't convince or try to convince the lawyer, Lawyers try to convince the jury and the jury deliberates to the judge which makes the final verdict. A lawyer convinces the jury and the judge.


    If our view on this is wrong, what makes your point so right? just because the majority of you are for it? is that a complete standard to making something the correct way?
    TachikawaHiyoko
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Wouldn't having more channels and essentially making more of everyone's favorite map as effective as have a smaller population?

    No.
    Having more channels won't stop your conversation with your friends from being interrupted by smegas.
    It won't really make resources like Mysterious Veins more available, because people farm them on all channels in parallel.
    It won't stop randoms from hijacking your party when you boss queue.
    It won't even necessarily help you find a map to train in, because the bots will multiply to fill up all available space. After all, they'll have a bigger market to supply to, so they'll need more meso and elite boss drops to sell. (But I'm sure the bot-runners would love not having to split their forces between different worlds)
    And, depending on how Nexon is able to set up their hardware, it might not help the lag, either.

    If your argument is I need 20 channels all to myself, then well im not sure how to respond to you, and if you do have 20 channels to yourself, its probably indicative that there needs to be a change. Also, we wouldn't need as many channels as the people above said. Realistically 100-90 channels for one big mega world in Maplestory would be too much.

    I will concede that the points that you bring about bots is a real concern though.
    ShadEight
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,340
    Posts: 6,342
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    I find it useless to discuss about it with them, especially AKradian.

    You see, when someone has an interest about something (even though he's 100% wrong), it doesn't matter how many proofs you're going to tell him/her, it's just useless he will not accept the reality as it is....

    It's really the same as a lawyer in court, the lawyer will never say to the judge, "Mr. Judge, you convinced me, the person I'm defending is the criminal, put him in jail", why? because the lawyer is getting money from the criminal, so the lawyer will do his best in order to release the offender....

    This is the reason as to why I will not even bother to post/respond in this thread any longer (so don't bother to que me my brother, I will no longer look at this thread anymore), I really don't care anymore, merge worlds or not, I just don't care.

    The exact same can be said about your stance: no matter how much we explain that some people prefer small worlds, you refuse to respect that wish.

    It's like saying, "The majority of people prefer milk chocolate, so let's stop the production of white and dark chocolates. Make everyone eat milk chocolate. The majority likes it best. And the others, well, maybe we can put some frosting on the milk chocolate so it will look white. For sure that will be the same as white chocolate for those who like that."

    Why? Why not let the minority who like their white chocolate, have it? They're not trying to stop you from having your milk chocolate.
    NicholasB wrote: »
    And you know what I think? let's give up and let them do whatever they want, let them have it their way..... and we'll see how things will be in GMS.... would it be better? good? bad? or would it be the same?
    There are some people in the world that think they know everything, they think they're smart, with an IQ of 170, so let them have it their way...
    Yeah, let's see about that, so let them have it their way, let's NOT merge worlds :)


    NOBODY is saying not to merge (or ally) any worlds. If you had actually read what I've been saying, I am for combining some worlds, just not all of them.
    But I guess reading anything "the other side" says is far too much work. Best to just accuse them of not listening to you.

  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    Posts: 78
    Member
    edited June 2018
    A judge doesn't convince or try to convince the lawyer, Lawyers try to convince the jury and the jury deliberates to the judge which makes the final verdict. A lawyer convinces the jury and the judge.


    If our view on this is wrong, what makes your point so right? just because the majority of you are for it? is that a complete standard to making something the correct way?

    I guess you don't read/hear about claims in courts that much.
    Of course the judge doesn't convince or try to convice the lawyer, and that the lawyers try to convince the judge, but the Judge usually tell to the allegedly criminal what he's being guilty of..... and then after that, it's the lawyer moment to try and convince the judge....
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited June 2018
    Gomenasai wrote: »
    A judge doesn't convince or try to convince the lawyer, Lawyers try to convince the jury and the jury deliberates to the judge which makes the final verdict. A lawyer convinces the jury and the judge.


    If our view on this is wrong, what makes your point so right? just because the majority of you are for it? is that a complete standard to making something the correct way?

    I guess you don't read/hear about claims in courts that much.
    Of course the judge doesn't convince or try to convice the lawyer, and that the lawyers try to convince the judge, but the Judge usually tell to the allegedly criminal what he's being guilty of..... and then after that, it's the lawyer moment to try and convince the judge....

    I assume english isn't your first language because youre trying to disagree with me but what you just said agrees with me. Whomever tells the defendant why theyre there is irrelevant. They should already know when they were arrested when the officer tells them their Miranda Rights. So now let's stay on topic.
  • LuxxLuxx
    Reactions: 1,795
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited June 2018
    They need to merge the lowest populated servers all together and then leave a few servers for those who enjoy a small
    community hold. There are way too many servers as it is. Sure, they had an event to jump servers but it'll be
    a lot better just to merge them as I said and trim the fat of other servers and delete them or something.

    Don't merge EVERY single thing into one. I'm sure it'll do nothing for the already shitfaced lag we face on a daily
    with crashes a plenty. They're smart enough to know how to really combine servers, but an all in one server is a horrible idea.
This discussion has been closed.